What is Playme.biz?
There are many scam web sites on the Internet and Playme.biz is one of them. It is a dubious web site that is designed to lure you and other unsuspecting victims into allowing push notifications from web-sites run by scammers. Scammers use push notifications to bypass pop up blocker and therefore display a large amount of unwanted advertisements. These advertisements are used to promote dubious internet browser plugins, free gifts scams, adware bundles, and adult webpages.
Playme.biz will ask you to press on the ‘Allow’ button in order to to download a file, watch a video, access the content of the webpage, enable Flash Player, connect to the Internet, and so on. Once enabled, the Playme.biz notifications will start popping up in the lower right corner of your screen occasionally and spam the user with unwanted advertisements.
In order to unsubscribe from the Playme.biz notifications open your browser’s settings and follow the simple steps below. Once you disable Playme.biz notifications in your internet browser, you will never see any unwanted advertisements being displayed on your desktop.
|Type||browser notification spam, spam push notifications, pop-up virus|
|Distribution||social engineering attack, adware, malicious pop up advertisements, PUPs|
|Removal||Playme.biz removal guide|
Where the Playme.biz popups comes from
Computer security experts have determined that users are re-directed to Playme.biz by adware or from misleading advertisements. Adware software installed without the user’s conscious permission is a type of malware. Once adware get installed in your PC system then it start displaying unwanted ads and pop ups. In some cases, adware software can promote p*rn web-sites and adult products.
How to remove Playme.biz popups (removal tutorial)
Fortunately, it is not hard to delete adware that causes multiple intrusive popups. In the following instructions, we will provide two methods to free your computer of this adware. One is the manual removal solution and the other is automatic removal way. You can choose the way that best fits you. Please follow the removal steps below to delete Playme.biz ads right now!
To remove Playme.biz pop ups, use the following steps:
- How to manually delete Playme.biz
- Automatic Removal of Playme.biz pop-ups
- Block Playme.biz and other intrusive web-pages
- Finish words
How to manually delete Playme.biz
In most cases, it is possible to manually delete Playme.biz pop ups. This solution does not involve the use of any tricks or removal utilities. You just need to recover the normal settings of the computer and internet browser. This can be done by following a few simple steps below. If you want to quickly get rid of Playme.biz pop-ups, as well as perform a full scan of your PC, we recommend that you use adware software removal utilities, which are listed below.
Deleting the Playme.biz, check the list of installed software first
Check out the Windows Control Panel (Programs and Features section) to see all installed applications. We recommend to click on the “Date Installed” in order to sort the list of applications by the date you installed them. If you see any unknown and dubious programs, they are the ones you need to uninstall.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then press Windows button, next click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then press “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will show the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will show a list of all applications installed on the computer.
- Scroll through the all list, and remove dubious and unknown programs. To quickly find the latest installed applications, we recommend sort programs by date.
See more details in the video tutorial below.
Remove Playme.biz notifications from web browsers
If you’ve allowed the Playme.biz site to send notifications to your web browser, then we’ll need to delete these permissions. Depending on web browser, you can perform the steps below to remove the Playme.biz permissions to send notifications.
Remove Playme.biz pop-up advertisements from IE
In order to recover all web-browser newtab page, default search engine and home page you need to reset the Microsoft Internet Explorer to the state, which was when the MS Windows was installed on your computer.
First, open the Internet Explorer. Next, click the button in the form of gear (). It will show the Tools drop-down menu, press the “Internet Options” as shown on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as displayed in the figure below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click “Reset” button.
You will now need to restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
Remove Playme.biz pop ups from Google Chrome
If adware, other application or extensions modified your Google Chrome settings without your knowledge, then you can remove Playme.biz popups and return your internet browser settings in Google Chrome at any time. It’ll keep your personal information such as browsing history, bookmarks, passwords and web form auto-fill data.
- First, start the Google Chrome and click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will open the Google Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed add-ons. If the list has the add-on labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guidance: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, press the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Advanced” link, which located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Google Chrome will display the reset settings dialog box as shown on the screen above.
- Confirm the web browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Remove Playme.biz ads from Mozilla Firefox
If your Firefox browser is re-directed to Playme.biz without your permission or an unknown search engine shows results for your search, then it may be time to perform the web-browser reset. When using the reset feature, your personal information such as passwords, bookmarks, browsing history and web form auto-fill data will be saved.
First, run the Mozilla Firefox. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will open the drop-down menu. Next, press the Help button ().
In the Help menu press the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button as displayed in the figure below.
Confirm your action, click the “Refresh Firefox”.
Automatic Removal of Playme.biz pop-ups
Manual removal is not always as effective as you might think. Often, even the most experienced users can not fully get rid of adware that causes the unwanted Playme.biz pop up ads. So, we advise to scan your personal computer for any remaining malicious components with free adware removal software below.
How to get rid of Playme.biz popups with Zemana
Zemana is a free tool that performs a scan of your PC and displays if there are existing adware, browser hijackers, viruses, worms, spyware, trojans and other malware residing on your computer. If malware is found, Zemana Free can automatically remove it. Zemana AntiMalware doesn’t conflict with other antimalware and antivirus applications installed on your computer.
Download Zemana Anti-Malware by clicking on the link below.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
Once the downloading process is finished, close all software and windows on your computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup like the one below.
When the installation begins, you will see the “Setup wizard” which will help you set up Zemana Anti Malware on your computer.
Once installation is finished, you will see window like below.
Now click the “Scan” button for checking your device for the adware that causes multiple annoying pop ups. Depending on your device, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. During the scan Zemana Anti Malware will scan for threats present on your device.
When the system scan is finished, Zemana will create a list of unwanted software and adware software. Once you have selected what you want to delete from your computer press “Next” button.
The Zemana Free will remove adware that causes Playme.biz popups in your web-browser and move the selected threats to the Quarantine.
Remove Playme.biz popups from web-browsers with HitmanPro
All-in-all, HitmanPro is a fantastic tool to free your personal computer from any unwanted apps like adware that causes Playme.biz advertisements. The HitmanPro is portable application that meaning, you don’t need to install it to use it. HitmanPro is compatible with all versions of Microsoft Windows OS from MS Windows XP to Windows 10. Both 64-bit and 32-bit systems are supported.
Installing the HitmanPro is simple. First you’ll need to download HitmanPro by clicking on the following link. Save it on your MS Windows desktop or in any other place.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
Download and run Hitman Pro on your device. Once started, click “Next” button to perform a system scan with this tool for the adware that causes the intrusive Playme.biz pop-ups. Depending on your PC, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. When a malware, adware or potentially unwanted apps are found, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the scanning is finished..
When finished, you will be displayed the list of all found threats on your personal computer.
Review the results once the utility has finished the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply click Next button.
It will open a prompt, press the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to delete all malicious software found.
Use MalwareBytes Free to remove Playme.biz popups
You can get rid of Playme.biz pop up advertisements automatically with a help of MalwareBytes Free. We suggest this free malware removal utility because it can easily delete browser hijackers, adware, PUPs and toolbars with all their components such as files, folders and registry entries.
- Visit the following page to download MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM). Save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web browser will display the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- After the download is finished, please close all applications and open windows on your PC system. Double-click on the icon that’s named MBSetup.
- This will run the Setup wizard of MalwareBytes onto your device. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes will launch and display the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button . MalwareBytes application will scan through the whole PC for the adware software related to the Playme.biz pop-up advertisements. Depending on your PC system, the scan may take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. When a threat is detected, the number of the security threats will change accordingly.
- When the scan get finished, MalwareBytes will display a screen that contains a list of malware that has been detected.
- Once you have selected what you wish to delete from your personal computer press the “Quarantine” button. When the clean up is done, you may be prompted to restart the device.
- Close the AntiMalware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Block Playme.biz and other intrusive web-pages
Run an ad-blocker utility such as AdGuard will protect you from harmful ads and content. Moreover, you can find that the AdGuard have an option to protect your privacy and stop phishing and spam websites. Additionally, ad blocking programs will help you to avoid intrusive popup ads and unverified links that also a good way to stay safe online.
AdGuard can be downloaded from the following link. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
After downloading it, double-click the downloaded file to launch it. The “Setup Wizard” window will show up on the computer screen as shown in the figure below.
Follow the prompts. AdGuard will then be installed and an icon will be placed on your desktop. A window will show up asking you to confirm that you want to see a quick guidance as shown below.
Click “Skip” button to close the window and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick instructions that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
Each time, when you run your computer, AdGuard will run automatically and stop undesired advertisements, block Playme.biz, as well as other harmful or misleading web-sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which is located on your desktop.
Once you’ve complete the few simple steps above, your device should be clean from adware responsible for Playme.biz ads and other malware. The Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer will no longer redirect you to various annoying web sites similar to Playme.biz. Unfortunately, if the step-by-step guidance does not help you, then you have caught a new adware, and then the best way – ask for help here.