What is Ytviewer
Ytviewer is supposed to be a browser extension that will improve the browsing experience, but according to security researchers, it is adware. Adware is something that developed in order to provide third-party advertisements to users without asking permission. Adware software takes control of web browsers and redirects them to unwanted websites and online ads every time users browse the Internet. Adware can end up on computers in various methods. In many cases is when users install freeware and forget to uncheck the box for the additional software installation.
The worst is, adware can analyze the location and which World Wide Web web-pages you visit, and then present ads to the types of content, goods or services featured there. Adware developers can collect and sell your surfing information and behavior to third parties.
If your browser has been affected by the adware, you must have complete any of the steps below. Once you have removed Ytviewer from your computer by following our steps below, make sure not to commit the same mistakes again in the future.
How does Ytviewer get on your PC system
Most of unwanted advertisements and pop ups come from internet browser toolbars and/or extensions, BHOs (browser helper objects) and optional programs. Most often, these items claim itself as software which improve your experience on the Internet by providing a fast and interactive startpage or a search provider that does not track you. Remember, how to avoid the unwanted programs. Be cautious, start only reputable applications which download from reputable sources. NEVER install any unknown and suspicious apps.
|Type||adware, potentially unwanted program (PUP), popup advertisements, popup virus, pop-ups|
|Removal||Ytviewer removal guide|
How to remove Ytviewer (removal guidance)
We are presenting a few solutions to remove Ytviewer adware from the Firefox, MS Edge, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Chrome using only internal Microsoft Windows functions. Most of adware software and potentially unwanted applications can be uninstalled through these processes. If these steps does not help to delete the adware, then it is better to use a free malicious software removal tools linked below.
To remove Ytviewer, complete the steps below:
- How to remove Ytviewer without any software
- Automatic Removal of Ytviewer adware software
- How to stay safe online
How to remove Ytviewer without any software
The most common adware can be uninstalled manually, without the use of antivirus or other removal utilities. The manual steps below will show you how to remove Ytviewer adware step by step. Although each of the steps is very easy and does not require special knowledge, but you are not sure that you can complete them, then use the free utilities, a list of which is given below.
Uninstall potentially unwanted software through the MS Windows Control Panel
You can manually remove most nonaggressive adware by deleting the program that it came with or removing the adware itself using ‘Add/Remove programs’ or ‘Uninstall a program’ option in MS Windows Control Panel.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
First, press the Windows button , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
Windows XP, Vista, 7
First, click “Start” and select “Control Panel”.
It will display the Windows Control Panel as on the image below.
Next, press “Uninstall a program”
It will show a list of all software installed on your computer. Scroll through the all list, and remove any dubious and unknown programs. To quickly find the latest installed applications, we recommend sort applications by date in the Control panel.
Remove Ytviewer adware from Internet Explorer
If you find that Internet Explorer web browser settings like search engine by default, homepage and newtab had been modified by the Ytviewer adware, then you may restore your settings, via the reset web browser procedure.
First, open the Internet Explorer. Next, click the button in the form of gear (). It will show the Tools drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options” as displayed in the figure below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then press the Reset button. The IE will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window like below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then press “Reset” button.
You will now need to restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Remove Ytviewer adware from Google Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings is a easy way to remove Ytviewer adware, harmful and ‘ad-supported’ add-ons, browser’s newtab, search engine by default and start page which have been changed by adware.
- First, launch the Chrome and press the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will display the Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then press Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed plugins. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following steps: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, press the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Advanced” link, that located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Chrome will display the reset settings dialog box as shown on the image above.
- Confirm the internet browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Remove Ytviewer from Firefox by resetting web-browser settings
If your Firefox browser is hijacked by Ytviewer or an unknown search provider shows results for your search, then it may be time to perform the web-browser reset. When using the reset feature, your personal information such as passwords, bookmarks, browsing history and web form auto-fill data will be saved.
First, open the Mozilla Firefox. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will display the drop-down menu. Next, click the Help button ().
In the Help menu press the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page press on “Refresh Firefox” button as shown in the following example.
Confirm your action, click the “Refresh Firefox”.
Automatic Removal of Ytviewer adware software
Using a malicious software removal utility to find and get rid of adware software hiding on your device is probably the simplest solution to get rid of the Ytviewer adware. We recommends the Zemana program for Windows personal computers. HitmanPro and MalwareBytes Free are other anti-malware utilities for Microsoft Windows that offers a free malicious software removal.
Use Zemana to delete Ytviewer adware software
Zemana AntiMalware is a complete package of anti-malware tools. Despite so many features, it does not reduce the performance of your PC. Zemana Free is able to get rid of almost all the forms of adware software including Ytviewer adware, hijackers, PUPs and harmful internet browser extensions. Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) has real-time protection that can defeat most malicious software. You can use Zemana Free with any other anti-virus without any conflicts.
Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) can be downloaded from the following link. Save it directly to your Microsoft Windows Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
After the downloading process is complete, close all programs and windows on your computer. Double-click the install file called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. If the “User Account Control” dialog box pops up as shown on the image below, click the “Yes” button.
It will open the “Setup wizard” which will help you install Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) on your computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once installation is done successfully, Zemana will automatically start and you can see its main screen as displayed below.
Now click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the Ytviewer adware. When a malicious software, adware or potentially unwanted apps are found, the count of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the checking is complete.
After Zemana Free has finished scanning your PC system, you’ll be shown the list of all found threats on your PC system. Make sure to check mark the threats that are unsafe and then click “Next” button. The Zemana will remove Ytviewer adware software. After the process is done, you may be prompted to reboot the personal computer.
Use Hitman Pro to remove Ytviewer adware software
The Hitman Pro tool is free (30 day trial) and easy to use. It can check and remove malicious software, PUPs and adware in Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Google Chrome web-browsers and thereby get rid of all annoying Ytviewer pop up advertisements. Hitman Pro is powerful enough to find and get rid of malicious registry entries and files that are hidden on the computer.
- Installing the HitmanPro is simple. First you will need to download HitmanPro on your PC from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- After the downloading process is finished, double click the Hitman Pro icon. Once this utility is launched, press “Next” button to perform a system scan for the Ytviewer adware software. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your PC.
- Once the scan get completed, the results are displayed in the scan report. Review the results once the tool has done the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply click “Next” button. Now press the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to remove all malicious software found.
Get rid of Ytviewer with MalwareBytes Anti Malware
We suggest using the MalwareBytes that are fully clean your PC system of the adware. The free tool is an advanced malicious software removal program developed by (c) Malwarebytes lab. This application uses the world’s most popular anti malware technology. It is able to help you delete annoying Ytviewer adware software from your internet browsers, potentially unwanted applications, malware, hijackers, toolbars, ransomware and other security threats from your PC for free.
- Visit the following page to download the latest version of MalwareBytes for Windows. Save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web browser will open the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- Once downloading is done, please close all programs and open windows on your personal computer. Double-click on the icon that’s called MBSetup.
- This will open the Setup wizard of MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) onto your PC. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes Anti-Malware will run and open the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button . MalwareBytes Free program will scan through the whole PC system for the Ytviewer adware software. This procedure may take quite a while, so please be patient. During the scan MalwareBytes will locate threats exist on your device.
- As the scanning ends, MalwareBytes Free will display you the results.
- All found threats will be marked. You can remove them all by simply click the “Quarantine” button. Once that process is finished, you may be prompted to reboot the device.
- Close the Anti Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
How to stay safe online
Run an ad blocking utility such as AdGuard will protect you from harmful advertisements and content. Moreover, you can find that the AdGuard have an option to protect your privacy and stop phishing and spam websites. Additionally, ad-blocker apps will help you to avoid intrusive pop-ups and unverified links that also a good way to stay safe online.
- First, please go to the following link, then click the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of AdGuard.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After downloading it, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- After the installation is done, click “Skip” to close the installation application and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you launch your PC system, AdGuard will start automatically and stop unwanted advertisements, block Ytviewer redirects, as well as other harmful or misleading web-pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, that can be found on your desktop.
To sum up
Now your PC should be free of the Ytviewer adware software. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you stop unwanted popup advertisements and annoying harmful web-sites) and Zemana Free (to periodically scan your PC system for new adwares and other malware). Probably you are running an older version of Java or Adobe Flash Player. This can be a security risk, so download and install the latest version right now.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove Ytviewer from the Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome, then ask for help here here.