What is SmartPrice APP
According to security professionals, SmartPrice APP is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) that falls under the category of Adware. Adware is a from of software that can cause all kind of problems within web browsers. SmartPrice APP can cause unwanted redirects, pop ups or inline text links with advertising you do not want. These adverts are used to promote sales or web-traffic to harmful web sites or publisher in order to make money. So, if you experience unwanted ads and unclosable windows in your browser, it is advised to check the computer for adware software or potentially unwanted programs.
Another reason why you need to delete the SmartPrice APP adware is its online data-tracking activity. It can collect sensitive info about you which may be later transferred third party companies. You don’t know if your home address, account names and passwords are safe.
How does SmartPrice APP get on your device
The majority of adware software spreads bundled with free apps or even paid software that Internet users can easily download online. The setup files of such apps, most often, clearly display that they will install bundled software. The option is given to users to block the install of any third-party applications. So, in order to avoid the setup of any adware: read all disclaimers and install screens very carefully, select only Custom or Advanced installation mode and uncheck all additional apps in which you are unsure.
|Type||adware, potentially unwanted program (PUP), popups, pop-up virus, pop-up advertisements|
|Removal||SmartPrice APP removal guide|
How to remove SmartPrice APP adware (removal tutorial)
In order to delete SmartPrice APP, start by closing any applications and pop-ups that are open. If a pop up won’t close, then close your web-browser (Firefox, IE, Google Chrome and Edge). If a program won’t close then please reboot your device. Next, follow the steps below.
To remove SmartPrice APP, complete the following steps:
- How to manually remove SmartPrice APP
- Automatic Removal of SmartPrice APP adware
- How to stay safe online
How to manually remove SmartPrice APP
In most cases, it is possible to manually remove SmartPrice APP. This method does not involve the use of any tricks or removal utilities. You just need to restore the normal settings of the computer and web-browser. This can be done by following a few simple steps below. If you want to quickly get rid of adware, as well as perform a full scan of your personal computer, we recommend that you run adware software removal tools, which are listed below.
Remove adware software through the MS Windows Control Panel
You can manually get rid of most nonaggressive adware software by removing the application that it came with or removing the adware software itself using ‘Add/Remove programs’ or ‘Uninstall a program’ option in MS Windows Control Panel.
Press Windows button , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then press “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will show the Windows Control Panel as on the image below.
Further, click “Uninstall a program”
It will open a list of all apps installed on your computer. Scroll through the all list, and remove any dubious and unknown applications.
Remove SmartPrice APP from Google Chrome
Reset Chrome settings will remove ads by SmartPrice APP from web browser and disable malicious add-ons. It will also clear cached and temporary data (cookies, site data and content). However, your saved passwords and bookmarks will not be changed or cleared.
- First run the Google Chrome and press Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will open the Google Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the add-on labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following tutorial: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, press the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Google Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and press “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset” button.
- The Google Chrome will display the reset profile settings page as shown on the image above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this procedure is complete, your web-browser’s new tab, startpage and search provider by default will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Get rid of SmartPrice APP adware software from Internet Explorer
If you find that Internet Explorer web-browser settings such as search provider, home page and new tab page had been changed by the SmartPrice APP adware, then you may return your settings, via the reset internet browser procedure.
First, run the Internet Explorer. Next, click the button in the form of gear (). It will open the Tools drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options” as shown in the figure below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as shown in the following example. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click “Reset” button.
You will now need to restart your personal computer for the changes to take effect.
Get rid of SmartPrice APP adware from Firefox
If your Mozilla Firefox browser is hijacked by SmartPrice APP or an unknown search provider shows results for your search, then it may be time to perform the web browser reset. Keep in mind that resetting your web browser will not remove your history, bookmarks, passwords, and other saved data.
Start the Firefox and click the menu button (it looks like three stacked lines) at the top right of the web browser screen. Next, press the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It will show the slide-out menu.
Select the “Troubleshooting information”. If you’re unable to access the Help menu, then type “about:support” in your address bar and press Enter. It bring up the “Troubleshooting Information” page as shown below.
Click the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the Troubleshooting Information page. Select “Refresh Firefox” in the confirmation prompt. The Mozilla Firefox will start a task to fix your problems that caused by the SmartPrice APP adware. After, it’s finished, click the “Finish” button.
Automatic Removal of SmartPrice APP adware
In order to fully delete SmartPrice APP, you not only need to remove adware from your computer, but also remove all its components in your PC system including Windows registry entries. We suggest to download and use free removal tools to automatically clean your PC of adware software.
Use Zemana Free to delete SmartPrice APP
Does Zemana Anti-Malware uninstall SmartPrice APP adware? The adware software is often installed with malware that can cause you to install an application such as PUPs you don’t want. Therefore, suggest using the Zemana Free. It is a utility developed to scan and delete adware and other malicious software from your device for free.
- Download Zemana Anti-Malware by clicking on the following link. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web browser will display the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- Once the download is finished, please close all programs and open windows on your computer. Next, run a file called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will run the “Setup wizard” of Zemana Free onto your PC system. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana Free will open and display the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the SmartPrice APP adware. This task can take quite a while, so please be patient. While the Zemana is scanning, you can see how many objects it has identified either as being malicious software.
- When Zemana AntiMalware is done scanning your computer, Zemana will show a list of all items detected by the scan.
- Make sure all items have ‘checkmark’ and click the “Next” button. The tool will remove SmartPrice APP and move the selected items to the Quarantine. Once disinfection is done, you may be prompted to reboot the PC system.
- Close the Zemana AntiMalware and continue with the next step.
Remove SmartPrice APP from internet browsers with HitmanPro
Hitman Pro is a portable program that requires no hard setup to identify and uninstall SmartPrice APP adware. The program itself is small in size (only a few Mb). Hitman Pro does not need any drivers and special dlls. It’s probably easier to use than any alternative malicious software removal utilities you have ever tried. HitmanPro works on 64 and 32-bit versions of MS Windows 10, 8, 7 and XP. It proves that removal tool can be just as useful as the widely known antivirus applications.
Download HitmanPro on your personal computer by clicking on the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
Download and run HitmanPro on your personal computer. Once started, click “Next” button to look for the SmartPrice APP adware. While the HitmanPro application is scanning, you can see how many objects it has identified as threat..
When that process is complete, Hitman Pro will show a list of found items.
Review the results once the utility has finished the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply press Next button.
It will open a dialog box, press the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to remove all malicious software found.
How to remove SmartPrice APP with MalwareBytes AntiMalware
We suggest using the MalwareBytes Free that are completely clean your device of the adware. The free utility is an advanced malicious software removal program developed by (c) Malwarebytes lab. This application uses the world’s most popular antimalware technology. It is able to help you delete annoying ads from your web-browsers, potentially unwanted programs, malicious software, hijackers, toolbars, ransomware and other security threats from your computer for free.
First, visit the following page, then click the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of MalwareBytes Anti Malware.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
After the downloading process is complete, close all applications and windows on your device. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named MBSetup like below.
When the installation starts, you will see the Setup wizard which will help you install Malwarebytes on your computer.
Once install is done, you’ll see window as shown on the image below.
Now click the “Scan” button to look for the SmartPrice APP adware. This procedure may take some time, so please be patient. While the MalwareBytes Free is scanning, you can see number of objects it has identified either as being malware.
After finished, MalwareBytes will display a list of found items. Next, you need to click “Quarantine” button.
The Malwarebytes will now remove SmartPrice APP adware and move the selected threats to the program’s quarantine. When the procedure is done, you may be prompted to restart your PC.
The following video explains steps on how to remove hijacker, adware software and other malware with MalwareBytes Free.
How to stay safe online
Use ad blocking application like AdGuard in order to stop advertisements, malvertisements, pop-ups and online trackers, avoid having to install harmful and adware browser plug-ins and add-ons which affect your computer performance and impact your device security. Browse the Internet anonymously and stay safe online!
- Visit the page linked below to download AdGuard. Save it directly to your Microsoft Windows Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After downloading it, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- When the install is complete, click “Skip” to close the install application and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you start your computer, AdGuard will launch automatically and stop unwanted advertisements, block malicious and misleading web-pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, that is located on your desktop.
Now your PC system should be clean of the SmartPrice APP adware. We suggest that you keep Zemana Free (to periodically scan your PC for new adware softwares and other malware) and AdGuard (to help you block annoying popup advertisements and harmful web-sites). Moreover, to prevent any adware, please stay clear of unknown and third party programs, make sure that your antivirus program, turn on the option to find PUPs.
If you need more help with SmartPrice APP related issues, go to here.