What is AdFreeVision
AdFreeVision is supposed to be a best browser extension that will block ads on YouTube, but according to security specialists, this extension is an adware program. Adware is a form of potentially unwanted software whose motive is to earn revenue for its creator. It have various ways of earning by showing the ads forcibly to its victims. Adware can open pop-up deals, display annoying advertisements, alter the victim’s web browser settings, or redirect the victim’s web-browser to unwanted web pages. Aside from causing unwanted advertisements and web-browser redirects, it also can slow down the PC.
Does adware steal your privacy information? Adware can be used to collect lots of user info to get profit. It can analyze your browsing, and gain access to your confidential info and, subsequently, can transfer it third party companies. Thus, there are more than enough reasons to delete adware from your device. Thus, AdFreeVision does not really have beneficial features. So, we suggest you remove it as soon as possible. This will also prevent the adware from tracking your online activities. A full adware removal can be easily carried out using manual or automatic solution listed below.
How does AdFreeVision get on your computer
Adware software usually is bundled with free software . So, when you installing free software, carefully read the disclaimers, choose the Custom or Advanced installation type to watch for third-party apps that are being installed, because certain of the apps are potentially unwanted software and adware.
|Type||adware, PUP (potentially unwanted program), popup ads, pop-up virus, pop ups|
|Removal||AdFreeVision removal guide|
How to remove AdFreeVision adware from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
Fortunately, it is not hard to remove AdFreeVision . In the following tutorial, we will provide two methods to free your PC of this adware software. One is the manual removal way and the other is automatic removal method. You can choose the solution that best fits you. Please follow the removal guidance below to remove adware right now!
To remove AdFreeVision, execute the following steps:
- How to manually get rid of AdFreeVision
- Automatic Removal of AdFreeVision adware
- How to stay safe online
How to manually get rid of AdFreeVision
First of all, try to delete AdFreeVision adware manually; to do this, follow the steps below. Of course, manual adware removal requires more time and may not be suitable for those who are poorly versed in computer settings. In this case, we recommend that you scroll down to the section that describes how to delete adware using free utilities.
Uninstall potentially unwanted programs using Windows Control Panel
Check out the MS Windows Control Panel (Programs and Features section) to see all installed apps. We recommend to click on the “Date Installed” in order to sort the list of software by the date you installed them. If you see any unknown and questionable applications, they are the ones you need to uninstall.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
First, click the Windows button , then press Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
Windows XP, Vista, 7
First, click “Start” and select “Control Panel”.
It will open the Windows Control Panel as shown below.
Next, click “Uninstall a program”
It will show a list of all programs installed on your computer. Scroll through the all list, and remove any dubious and unknown software. To quickly find the latest installed software, we recommend sort applications by date in the Control panel.
Remove AdFreeVision from Google Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings is a easy method to remove AdFreeVision, malicious and unwanted addons, web browser’s new tab, search provider by default and startpage that have been changed by adware.
- First start the Google Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will show the Google Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following instructions: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Google Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and press the “Reset” button.
- The Chrome will display the reset profile settings page as on the image above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this procedure is done, your web-browser’s start page, search provider and new tab page will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Get rid of AdFreeVision from Firefox by resetting internet browser settings
If the Mozilla Firefox settings have been replaced by the adware software, then resetting it to the default state can help. Your saved bookmarks, form auto-fill information and passwords won’t be cleared or changed.
Click the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and click the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu as displayed on the screen below.
A small menu will appear, press the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, press “Refresh Firefox” button as shown in the following example.
Follow the onscreen procedure to restore your Firefox internet browser settings to their original state.
Remove AdFreeVision adware from Internet Explorer
By resetting Internet Explorer web-browser you revert back your web browser settings to its default state. This is first when troubleshooting problems that might have been caused by AdFreeVision adware.
First, launch the IE, click ) button. Next, click “Internet Options” as displayed below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, click Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the Reset Internet Explorer settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and press Reset button.
You will now need to reboot your computer for the changes to take effect. It will remove AdFreeVision adware software, disable malicious and ad-supported web browser’s extensions and restore the Internet Explorer’s settings such as homepage, newtab page and search engine by default to default state.
Automatic Removal of AdFreeVision adware
Using a malicious software removal tool to locate and remove adware software hiding on your computer is probably the simplest solution to delete the AdFreeVision adware. We suggests the Zemana Free application for Microsoft Windows PC systems. Hitman Pro and MalwareBytes are other anti malware tools for Microsoft Windows that offers a free malware removal.
How to get rid of AdFreeVision adware with Zemana Free
Zemana AntiMalware is one of the best in its class, it can scan for and delete tons of of various security threats, including adware software, browser hijackers, spyware and trojans that masqueraded as legitimate computer programs. Also Zemana includes another utility called FRST – is a helpful application for manual removal of files and parts of the Windows registry created by malware.
- Zemana can be downloaded from the following link. Save it to your Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- Once the downloading process is complete, close all apps and windows on your computer. Open a file location. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is complete, click the “Scan” button for scanning your computer for the AdFreeVision adware. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your personal computer. During the scan Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) will scan for threats exist on your PC.
- When the scanning is complete, a list of all items detected is prepared. Review the results once the utility has complete the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply click “Next”. After the clean-up is complete, you can be prompted to restart your PC.
Use HitmanPro to get rid of AdFreeVision adware
Hitman Pro is a free portable program that scans your PC for AdFreeVision , PUPs and hijackers and allows get rid of them easily. Moreover, it will also help you remove any malicious web browser extensions and add-ons.
Hitman Pro can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
Download and use Hitman Pro on your device. Once started, press “Next” button to perform a system scan for the AdFreeVision adware. This process can take some time, so please be patient. .
When the scan is finished, Hitman Pro will display a screen that contains a list of malware that has been detected.
Once you have selected what you wish to delete from your PC press Next button.
It will display a dialog box, click the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to delete all malicious software found.
Run MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) to remove AdFreeVision
We suggest using the MalwareBytes Free which are fully clean your PC system of the adware. The free utility is an advanced malware removal program created by (c) Malwarebytes lab. This application uses the world’s most popular antimalware technology. It is able to help you get rid of AdFreeVision ads from your internet browsers, PUPs, malware, browser hijackers, toolbars, ransomware and other security threats from your PC for free.
Visit the page linked below to download the latest version of MalwareBytes Free for Microsoft Windows. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop or in any other place.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
After downloading is finished, run it and follow the prompts. Once installed, the MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) will try to update itself and when this task is done, press the “Scan” button to detect adware software. This task can take quite a while, so please be patient. When a malicious software, adware or potentially unwanted software are found, the count of the security threats will change accordingly. You may remove threats (move to Quarantine) by simply click “Quarantine” button.
The MalwareBytes Free is a free program that you can use to delete all detected folders, files, services, registry entries and so on. To learn more about this malware removal tool, we suggest you to read and follow the guide or the video guide below.
How to stay safe online
If you browse the Internet, you cannot avoid malvertising. But you can protect your web-browser against it. Download and run an ad-blocking program. AdGuard is an ad-blocking which can filter out lots of of the malvertising, stoping dynamic scripts from loading harmful content.
- First, please go to the link below, then press the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of AdGuard.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- When the download is complete, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- After the setup is complete, press “Skip” to close the installation application and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you run your PC system, AdGuard will run automatically and stop unwanted ads, block harmful and misleading web pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon called AdGuard, that can be found on your desktop.
To sum up
After completing the few simple steps shown above, your personal computer should be clean from this adware and other malware. The Chrome, Edge, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Firefox will no longer display any unwanted ads when you browse the Web. Unfortunately, if the step-by-step guide does not help you, then you have caught a new adware, and then the best way – ask for help.
Please create a new question by using the “Ask Question” button in the Questions and Answers. Try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately. Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the AdFreeVision adware.