What is Pyiera.com?
According to computer security specialists, Pyiera.com is a web page that uses social engineering to fool people to accept push notifications via the web-browser. Scammers use push notifications to bypass protection against pop ups in the web-browser and therefore show a large number of unwanted ads. These advertisements are used to promote suspicious internet browser add-ons, fake prizes scams, fake downloads, and adult websites.
Pyiera.com will display the ‘Confirm notifications’ confirmation request states that clicking ‘Allow’ will let you access the content of the web page, enable Flash Player, watch a video, connect to the Internet, download a file, and so on. Once enabled, the Pyiera.com push notifications will start popping up in the lower right corner of the screen periodically and spam the user with intrusive adverts.
The best method to unsubscribe from the Pyiera.com push notifications open your web-browser’s settings and complete the simple steps below. After disabling Pyiera.com notifications, unwanted pop ups ads will no longer appear on your desktop.
|Type||spam push notifications, browser notification spam, pop-up virus|
|Distribution||potentially unwanted applications, social engineering attack, adware software, misleading popup ads|
|Removal||Pyiera.com removal guide|
Where the Pyiera.com pop-ups comes from
Security researchers have determined that users are redirected to Pyiera.com by adware software or from malicious advertisements. Adware is a form of malicious software created to throw ads up on your web-browser screen. Adware software generates profit for its developer by occasionally displaying a lot of ads and pop-up deals. You might experience a change in your start page or search engine, new tabs opening or even a redirect to malicious web-sites.
Adware usually gets on your device along with free software. So, when you installing free applications, carefully read the disclaimers, choose the Custom or Advanced setup mode to watch for optional apps that are being installed, because some of the apps are potentially unwanted software and adware.
Therefore it is very important to follow the guidance below as soon as possible. The step-by-step tutorial will allow you to get rid of adware software as well as clean your personal computer from the Pyiera.com pop-up ads. What is more, the step-by-step guidance below will allow you remove other malicious software like unwanted toolbars and browser hijackers, which can be installed onto device along with the adware software.
How to remove Pyiera.com popup advertisements from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
In the few simple steps below we will have a look at the adware and how to remove Pyiera.com from Internet Explorer, Edge, Chrome and Firefox internet browsers for Windows OS, natively or by using a few free removal tools. Read this manual carefully, bookmark it or open this page on your smartphone, because you may need to close your browser or restart your PC.
To remove Pyiera.com pop ups, complete the steps below:
- How to delete Pyiera.com advertisements without any software
- Automatic Removal of Pyiera.com advertisements
- Use AdBlocker to block Pyiera.com and stay safe online
How to delete Pyiera.com advertisements without any software
In this section of the post, we have posted the steps that will help to remove Pyiera.com advertisements manually. Although compared to removal utilities, this way loses in time, but you don’t need to install anything on your computer. It will be enough for you to follow the detailed guide with pictures. We tried to describe each step in detail, but if you realized that you might not be able to figure it out, or simply do not want to change the Windows and internet browser settings, then it’s better for you to run tools from trusted developers, which are listed below.
Remove PUPs using Microsoft Windows Control Panel
First, go to MS Windows Control Panel and delete questionable applications, all programs you do not remember installing. It’s important to pay the most attention to apps you installed just before Pyiera.com pop up advertisements appeared on your web browser. If you do not know what a program does, look for the answer on the Internet.
Make sure you have closed all web browsers and other applications. Next, delete any unwanted and suspicious programs from your Control panel.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Now, click the Windows button, type “Control panel” in search and press Enter. Choose “Programs and Features”, then “Uninstall a program”.
Look around the entire list of software installed on your personal computer. Most probably, one of them is the adware that causes multiple annoying pop ups. Choose the dubious program or the application that name is not familiar to you and uninstall it.
Windows Vista, 7
From the “Start” menu in MS Windows, select “Control Panel”. Under the “Programs” icon, choose “Uninstall a program”.
Select the questionable or any unknown programs, then click “Uninstall/Change” button to uninstall this undesired application from your computer.
Click the “Start” button, select “Control Panel” option. Click on “Add/Remove Programs”.
Choose an unwanted application, then press “Change/Remove” button. Follow the prompts.
Remove Pyiera.com notifications from internet browsers
If you are in situation where you don’t want to see push notifications from the Pyiera.com web-site. In this case, you can turn off web notifications for your web-browser in MS Windows/Mac/Android. Find your web browser in the list below, follow step-by-step guidance to get rid of internet browser permissions to show notifications.
Remove Pyiera.com pop up ads from Internet Explorer
The Internet Explorer reset is great if your web-browser is hijacked or you have unwanted add-ons or toolbars on your browser, which installed by an malware.
First, open the Internet Explorer. Next, press the button in the form of gear (). It will show the Tools drop-down menu, press the “Internet Options” as displayed in the following example.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window similar to the one below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click “Reset” button.
You will now need to reboot your computer for the changes to take effect.
Delete Pyiera.com popups from Firefox
Resetting your Mozilla Firefox is basic troubleshooting step for any issues with your web-browser application, including the redirect to Pyiera.com webpage. When using the reset feature, your personal information such as passwords, bookmarks, browsing history and web form auto-fill data will be saved.
First, run the Mozilla Firefox. Next, press the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will open the drop-down menu. Next, click the Help button ().
In the Help menu press the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button like below.
Confirm your action, click the “Refresh Firefox”.
Remove Pyiera.com pop-ups from Google Chrome
The adware can change your Chrome settings without your knowledge. You may see an unwanted webpage as your search provider or home page, additional extensions and toolbars. Reset Chrome browser will allow you to delete Pyiera.com pop up advertisements and reset the unwanted changes caused by adware. However, your saved passwords and bookmarks will not be changed or cleared.
- First start the Google Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will display the Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed addons. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guidance: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, press the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Google Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and press the “Reset” button.
- The Google Chrome will show the reset profile settings page as shown on the image above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this task is done, your web-browser’s search provider by default, startpage and new tab will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Automatic Removal of Pyiera.com advertisements
Using a malware removal tool to locate and remove adware software hiding on your personal computer is probably the easiest way to get rid of the Pyiera.com pop ups. We advises the Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) application for MS Windows PCs. Hitman Pro and MalwareBytes Anti-Malware are other anti malware utilities for Microsoft Windows that offers a free malicious software removal.
Delete Pyiera.com pop-ups with Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM)
You can download and use the Zemana for free. This anti-malware tool will scan all the registry keys and files in your PC system along with the system settings and web-browser plugins. If it finds any malware, adware or harmful addon that is causing unwanted Pyiera.com pop-ups then the Zemana will remove them from your PC system completely.
- Zemana Anti-Malware can be downloaded from the following link. Save it to your Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- Once you have downloaded the setup file, make sure to double click on the Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. This would start the Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) setup on your device.
- Select installation language and click ‘OK’ button.
- On the next screen ‘Setup Wizard’ simply click the ‘Next’ button and follow the prompts.
- Finally, once the installation is complete, Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) will open automatically. Else, if doesn’t then double-click on the Zemana Free icon on your desktop.
- Now that you have successfully install Zemana, let’s see How to use Zemana Free to get rid of Pyiera.com popups from your computer.
- After you have started the Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM), you will see a window like below, just click ‘Scan’ button to perform a system scan with this utility for the adware.
- Now pay attention to the screen while Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) scans your computer.
- Once the scan get finished, Zemana Anti-Malware will show a list of found items. In order to delete all threats, simply press ‘Next’ button.
- Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) may require a reboot computer in order to complete the Pyiera.com popup ads removal procedure.
- If you want to completely delete adware software from your PC system, then click ‘Quarantine’ icon, select all malicious software, adware, potentially unwanted software and other threats and press Delete.
- Reboot your personal computer to complete the adware removal procedure.
Delete Pyiera.com pop-ups from internet browsers with Hitman Pro
Hitman Pro will help get rid of adware related to the Pyiera.com pop ups that slow down your device. The browser hijackers, adware and other potentially unwanted applications slow your web browser down and try to mislead you into clicking on malicious advertisements and links. HitmanPro removes the adware software and lets you enjoy your device without Pyiera.com popups.
- Hitman Pro can be downloaded from the following link. Save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- After the download is complete, run the Hitman Pro, double-click the HitmanPro.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, press Yes to continue.
- In the HitmanPro window, click the “Next” to perform a system scan for the adware software responsible for Pyiera.com pop-up ads. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient. While the tool is scanning, you can see how many objects and files has already scanned.
- When Hitman Pro is complete scanning your personal computer, HitmanPro will show you the results. All detected threats will be marked. You can remove them all by simply click “Next”. Now, click the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to remove all malicious software found.
Get rid of Pyiera.com pop ups with MalwareBytes Free
You can remove Pyiera.com pop-up advertisements automatically through the use of MalwareBytes Free. We recommend this free malicious software removal utility because it may easily delete browser hijackers, adware, potentially unwanted programs and toolbars with all their components such as files, folders and registry entries.
- MalwareBytes Free can be downloaded from the following link. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- Once the downloading process is complete, close all applications and windows on your device. Open a file location. Double-click on the icon that’s named MBsetup.
- Select “Personal computer” option and click Install button. Follow the prompts.
- Once setup is done, click the “Scan” button to detect adware software that causes multiple intrusive popups. During the scan MalwareBytes will locate threats exist on your personal computer.
- When the scan is finished, MalwareBytes Free will open a screen which contains a list of malicious software that has been detected. Once you’ve selected what you want to remove from your personal computer press “Quarantine”. Once that process is done, you can be prompted to reboot your device.
The following video offers a tutorial on how to remove hijackers, adware software and other malware with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Use AdBlocker to block Pyiera.com and stay safe online
By installing an ad-blocking program such as AdGuard, you are able to stop Pyiera.com, autoplaying video ads and remove a ton of distracting and unwanted ads on web pages.
- Visit the page linked below to download the latest version of AdGuard for Microsoft Windows. Save it on your Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- When the download is done, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- When the installation is finished, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your PC system, AdGuard will start automatically and stop undesired advertisements, block Pyiera.com, as well as other harmful or misleading webpages. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, that is located on your desktop.
Now your device should be free of the adware software that causes unwanted Pyiera.com pop-up ads. We suggest that you keep Zemana (to periodically scan your PC for new adwares and other malware) and AdGuard (to help you stop unwanted ads and malicious web sites). Moreover, to prevent any adware, please stay clear of unknown and third party software, make sure that your antivirus program, turn on the option to scan for PUPs.
If you need more help with Pyiera.com popup ads related issues, go to here.