What is Ourbestnews.com?
There are many scam web-sites on the Internet and Ourbestnews.com is one of them. It is a dubious website that uses social engineering techniques to fool you to accept push notifications via the internet browser. Although push notifications cannot harm you directly, scammers use them to display unwanted advertisements, promote adware bundles, and encourage users to visit misleading web pages.
The Ourbestnews.com web-site delivers a message stating that you should click ‘Allow’ button in order to watch a video, connect to the Internet, download a file, access the content of the website, enable Flash Player, and so on. If you press the ‘Allow’ button, then you will start seeing unwanted ads in form of pop-ups on the internet browser.
If you started to receive notifications from Ourbestnews.com, then in order to get rid of them, you should open your web browser settings and follow a few simple steps, which are described below. After disabling Ourbestnews.com notifications, unwanted pop-ups ads will no longer appear on your desktop.
|Name||Ourbestnews.com pop up|
|Type||spam push notifications, browser notification spam, pop-up virus|
|Distribution||social engineering attack, adware, potentially unwanted apps, dubious pop-up ads|
|Removal||Ourbestnews.com removal guide|
Where the Ourbestnews.com pop-ups comes from
IT security specialists have determined that users are redirected to Ourbestnews.com by adware or from malicious advertisements. Adware is considered by many to be synonymous with ‘malware’. It is a harmful application that displays undesired advertisements to computer users. Some examples include pop-up advertisements, different offers and deals or unclosable windows. Adware software can be installed onto your PC via infected web-pages, when you open email attachments, anytime you download and install free software.
The most common way to get adware is a freeware installer. In many cases, a user have a chance to disable all unnecessary modules, but some installers are designed to confuse the average users, in order to trick them into installing PUPs and adware software. Anyway, easier to prevent adware rather than clean up your PC after one. So, keep your browser updated (turn on automatic updates), use good antivirus software, double check freeware before you launch it (do a google search, scan a downloaded file with VirusTotal), avoid malicious and unknown websites.
In this blog post we will discuss how can you remove Ourbestnews.com advertisements from the Chrome, MS Edge, Internet Explorer and Firefox manually or with free adware removal utilities compatible with Microsoft Windows 10 (8, 7 and XP).
How to remove Ourbestnews.com pop-up ads from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
In the steps below we will have a look at the adware and how to remove Ourbestnews.com from Firefox, MS Edge, Internet Explorer and Chrome browsers for MS Windows OS, natively or by using a few free removal tools. Some of the steps will require you to reboot your PC system or shut down this web-page. So, read this guidance carefully, then bookmark this page or open it on your smartphone for later reference.
To remove Ourbestnews.com pop ups, use the following steps:
- How to remove Ourbestnews.com pop-up ads without any software
- Delete adware software through the Microsoft Windows Control Panel
- Remove Ourbestnews.com notifications from browsers
- Remove Ourbestnews.com popup advertisements from Google Chrome
- Delete Ourbestnews.com pop up advertisements from Firefox
- Get rid of Ourbestnews.com popup ads from Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Automatic Removal of Ourbestnews.com pop-ups
- Block Ourbestnews.com and other intrusive webpages
- Finish words
How to remove Ourbestnews.com pop-up ads without any software
This part of the article is a step-by-step guide that will help you to delete Ourbestnews.com pop up ads manually. You just need to follow every step. In this case, you do not need to download any additional utilities.
Delete adware software through the Microsoft Windows Control Panel
Some programs are free only because their installer contains an adware. This unwanted programs generates profit for the developers when it is installed. More often this adware can be removed by simply uninstalling it from the ‘Uninstall a Program’ that is located in Microsoft Windows control panel.
Press Windows button , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then press “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will show the Windows Control Panel like below.
Further, click “Uninstall a program”
It will open a list of all applications installed on your computer. Scroll through the all list, and uninstall any dubious and unknown applications.
Remove Ourbestnews.com notifications from browsers
Your internet browser likely now allows the Ourbestnews.com webpage to send you browser notifications, but you do not want the annoying advertisements from this web page and we understand that. We’ve put together this tutorial on how you can remove Ourbestnews.com popups from Safari, Android, Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, MS Edge and IE.
Remove Ourbestnews.com popup advertisements from Google Chrome
The adware can change your Google Chrome settings without your knowledge. You may see an unknown web page as your search provider or startpage, additional plugins and toolbars. Reset Google Chrome web browser will help you to remove Ourbestnews.com pop-up advertisements and reset the unwanted changes caused by adware. However, your saved passwords and bookmarks will not be changed or cleared.
- First start the Chrome and press Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will display the Google Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then press Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed plugins. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following steps: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Google Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and press the “Reset” button.
- The Chrome will open the reset profile settings page as shown on the image above.
- Next press the “Reset” button.
- Once this procedure is done, your internet browser’s start page, search engine and new tab page will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Delete Ourbestnews.com pop up advertisements from Firefox
If the Firefox internet browser program is hijacked, then resetting its settings can help. The Reset feature is available on all modern version of Firefox. A reset can fix many issues by restoring Mozilla Firefox settings such as newtab page, search engine and home page to their original state. However, your saved passwords and bookmarks will not be changed, deleted or cleared.
Click the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and click the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu as displayed in the following example.
A small menu will appear, press the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, press “Refresh Firefox” button as displayed below.
Follow the onscreen procedure to revert back your Mozilla Firefox browser settings to their default state.
Get rid of Ourbestnews.com popup ads from Microsoft Internet Explorer
In order to restore all web browser new tab page, homepage and search engine you need to reset the IE to the state, which was when the Microsoft Windows was installed on your personal computer.
First, start the Internet Explorer. Next, click the button in the form of gear (). It will display the Tools drop-down menu, press the “Internet Options” as shown below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as shown in the figure below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click “Reset” button.
You will now need to restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Automatic Removal of Ourbestnews.com pop-ups
Malware removal tools are pretty effective when you think your computer is hijacked by adware. Below we’ll discover best tools that can remove adware and Ourbestnews.com pop-ups from your computer and browser.
Run Zemana Anti Malware to remove Ourbestnews.com pop up ads
Zemana Anti-Malware highly recommended, because it can locate security threats such adware and malware that most ‘classic’ antivirus applications fail to pick up on. Moreover, if you have any Ourbestnews.com pop-up ads removal problems which cannot be fixed by this tool automatically, then Zemana provides 24X7 online assistance from the highly experienced support staff.
- Installing the Zemana is simple. First you will need to download Zemana from the link below. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop or in any other place.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- Once you have downloaded the install file, make sure to double click on the Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. This would start the Zemana installation on your PC.
- Select install language and click ‘OK’ button.
- On the next screen ‘Setup Wizard’ simply click the ‘Next’ button and follow the prompts.
- Finally, once the installation is complete, Zemana Free will launch automatically. Else, if doesn’t then double-click on the Zemana icon on your desktop.
- Now that you have successfully install Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM), let’s see How to use Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) to remove Ourbestnews.com pop-ups from your computer.
- After you have launched the Zemana Free, you will see a window similar to the one below, just press ‘Scan’ button to perform a system scan for the adware software.
- Now pay attention to the screen while Zemana scans your personal computer.
- After Zemana AntiMalware has finished scanning your device, Zemana AntiMalware will show you the results. All found threats will be marked. You can delete them all by simply click ‘Next’ button.
- Zemana AntiMalware may require a restart PC in order to complete the Ourbestnews.com pop-ups removal procedure.
- If you want to fully remove adware from your PC, then click ‘Quarantine’ icon, select all malicious software, adware, PUPs and other threats and press Delete.
- Reboot your device to complete the adware removal procedure.
Delete Ourbestnews.com pop-up advertisements and harmful extensions with Hitman Pro
Hitman Pro is one of the most useful utilities for removing adware software, PUPs and other malware. It can locate hidden adware in your PC system and remove all malicious folders and files related to adware software. Hitman Pro will allow you to remove Ourbestnews.com pop ups from your computer and Firefox, Edge, Chrome and Internet Explorer. We strongly advise you to download this utility as the developers are working hard to make it better.
- Click the following link to download the latest version of HitmanPro for Windows. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- Once the download is finished, launch the Hitman Pro, double-click the HitmanPro.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, press Yes to continue.
- In the HitmanPro window, press the “Next” to start checking your PC system for the adware which causes intrusive Ourbestnews.com ads. Depending on your PC, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. When a malware, adware or PUPs are detected, the count of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the checking is complete.
- When Hitman Pro is done scanning your computer, it will show the Scan Results. Make sure to check mark the threats which are unsafe and then click “Next”. Now, click the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to remove all malware found.
Get rid of Ourbestnews.com pop-up ads with MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM)
We recommend using the MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) that are fully clean your computer of the adware. The free utility is an advanced malware removal program created by (c) Malwarebytes lab. This program uses the world’s most popular anti malware technology. It’s able to help you remove annoying Ourbestnews.com ads from your web-browsers, potentially unwanted programs, malware, hijackers, toolbars, ransomware and other security threats from your computer for free.
- Installing the MalwareBytes AntiMalware is simple. First you’ll need to download MalwareBytes Anti Malware on your Microsoft Windows Desktop by clicking on the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- When the downloading process is complete, close all applications and windows on your PC system. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named MBsetup.
- Select “Personal computer” option and press Install button. Follow the prompts.
- Once setup is complete, click the “Scan” button for checking your computer for the adware software that cause pop-ups. Depending on your PC system, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. During the scan MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) will look for threats present on your device.
- When the scan get completed, MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) will open you the results. Review the report and then click “Quarantine”. After the clean-up is done, you can be prompted to restart your PC system.
The following video offers a step-by-step guidance on how to delete browser hijackers, adware and other malware with MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM).
Block Ourbestnews.com and other intrusive webpages
To put it simply, you need to use an ad-blocker tool (AdGuard, for example). It’ll block and protect you from all annoying web pages like Ourbestnews.com, ads and popups. To be able to do that, the ad-blocking program uses a list of filters. Each filter is a rule that describes a malicious webpage, an advertising content, a banner and others. The adblocker program automatically uses these filters, depending on the web-sites you’re visiting.
Installing the AdGuard is simple. First you will need to download AdGuard on your PC by clicking on the link below.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
When the download is finished, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as displayed below.
Follow the prompts. Once the installation is done, you will see a window as displayed in the figure below.
You can press “Skip” to close the installation application and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial that will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and stop undesired ads, block Ourbestnews.com, as well as other malicious or misleading web sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that may be found on your desktop.
After completing the few simple steps outlined above, your PC system should be clean from this adware software and other malware. The Firefox, MS Edge, Internet Explorer and Chrome will no longer display annoying Ourbestnews.com web-site when you surf the World Wide Web. Unfortunately, if the step-by-step guidance does not help you, then you have caught a new adware, and then the best way – ask for help.
Please create a new question by using the “Ask Question” button in the Questions and Answers. Try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately. Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the intrusive Ourbestnews.com advertisements.