What is Luckymedia.surf?
According to experienced security researchers, Luckymedia.surf is a misleading webpage that uses social engineering methods to trick unsuspecting users into subscribing to push notifications. Push notifications are originally created to alert the user of newly published blog posts. Cybercriminals abuse ‘push notifications’ to avoid anti-virus and ad blocking apps by presenting intrusive adverts. These ads are displayed in the lower right corner of the screen urges users to play online games, visit suspicious web pages, install web-browser add-ons & so on.
Luckymedia.surf will show the ‘Confirm notifications’ confirmation request claims that clicking ‘Allow’ button will let you download a file, connect to the Internet, access the content of the website, enable Flash Player, watch a video, and so on. Once you click on the ‘Allow’ button, this web-site gets your permission to send notifications in form of pop up adverts in the lower right corner of your screen.
You can get rid of Luckymedia.surf subscription by going into your internet browser’s settings and completing the simple steps below. Once you disable Luckymedia.surf notifications in your browser, you will never see any unwanted ads being displayed on your desktop.
|Name||Luckymedia.surf pop up|
|Type||browser notification spam, spam push notifications, pop-up virus|
|Distribution||misleading pop up advertisements, potentially unwanted apps, adware, social engineering attack|
|Removal||Luckymedia.surf removal guide|
How does your device get infected with Luckymedia.surf popups
Some research has shown that users can be redirected to Luckymedia.surf from malicious advertisements or by PUPs and adware. Adware is a type of software that is used as an online promotional utility. It is created with the sole purpose to open dozens of ads, and thus to promote the goods and services in an open web-browser window. Adware software can substitute the legitimate advertising banners on misleading or even banners that can offer to visit harmful web sites.
How to remove Luckymedia.surf pop up advertisements (removal tutorial)
According to experienced security specialists, Luckymedia.surf popup advertisements removal can be complete manually and/or automatically. These utilities which are listed below will help you remove adware software, malicious web browser extensions, malware and PUPs . However, if you are not willing to install other software to remove Luckymedia.surf pop-up advertisements, then use instructions listed below to revert back your personal computer settings to their previous states.
To remove Luckymedia.surf pop ups, execute the following steps:
- Manual Luckymedia.surf advertisements removal
- Automatic Removal of Luckymedia.surf pop up advertisements
- Block Luckymedia.surf and other malicious web-pages
- To sum up
Manual Luckymedia.surf advertisements removal
In most cases, it’s possible to manually remove Luckymedia.surf pop up ads. This way does not involve the use of any tricks or removal tools. You just need to recover the normal settings of the device and internet browser. This can be done by following a few simple steps below. If you want to quickly delete Luckymedia.surf ads, as well as perform a full scan of your computer, we recommend that you use adware removal utilities, which are listed below.
Uninstall PUPs through the Windows Control Panel
It is of primary importance to first identify and delete all PUPs, adware applications and browser hijackers through ‘Add/Remove Programs’ (Windows XP) or ‘Uninstall a program’ (Windows 10, 8, 7) section of your MS Windows Control Panel.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Click the Microsoft Windows logo, and then click Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter such as the one below.
Once the ‘Control Panel’ opens, press the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category such as the one below.
Windows 7, Vista, XP
Open Start menu and select the ‘Control Panel’ at right as displayed on the screen below.
Then go to ‘Add/Remove Programs’ or ‘Uninstall a program’ (MS Windows 7 or Vista) as shown in the following example.
Carefully browse through the list of installed software and remove all dubious and unknown software. We suggest to press ‘Installed programs’ and even sorts all installed software by date. Once you’ve found anything dubious that may be the adware responsible for Luckymedia.surf pop ups or other potentially unwanted program (PUP), then choose this program and click ‘Uninstall’ in the upper part of the window. If the suspicious application blocked from removal, then use Revo Uninstaller Freeware to completely get rid of it from your PC.
Remove Luckymedia.surf notifications from internet browsers
Your web browser likely now allows the Luckymedia.surf web-site to send you notifications, but you do not want the intrusive advertisements from this web-site and we understand that. We have put together this guidance on how you can remove Luckymedia.surf advertisements from Edge, Google Chrome, Safari, Mozilla Firefox, Android and Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- Just copy and paste the following text into the address bar of Google Chrome.
- Press Enter.
- Remove the Luckymedia.surf site and other questionable URLs by clicking three vertical dots button next to each and selecting ‘Remove’.
- Open Chrome.
- Tap on the Menu button (three dots) on the top-right corner.
- In the menu tap ‘Settings’, scroll down to ‘Advanced’.
- In the ‘Site Settings’, tap on ‘Notifications’, find the Luckymedia.surf site and tap on it.
- Tap the ‘Clean & Reset’ button and confirm.
- In the top right corner of the screen, click on the three horizontal stripes to expand the Main menu.
- Go to ‘Options’, and Select ‘Privacy & Security’ on the left side of the window.
- Scroll down to ‘Permissions’ section and click ‘Settings…’ button next to ‘Notifications’.
- Select the Luckymedia.surf domain from the list and change the status to ‘Block’.
- Click ‘Save Changes’ button.
- In the top-right corner, click on the three dots to expand the Edge menu.
- Scroll down to ‘Settings’. In the menu on the left go to ‘Advanced’.
- In the ‘Website permissions’ section click ‘Manage permissions’.
- Click the switch under the Luckymedia.surf site so that it turns off.
- Click ‘Tools’ button in the top-right corner of the browser.
- In the drop-down menu select ‘Internet Options’.
- Select the ‘Privacy’ tab and click ‘Settings below ‘Pop-up Blocker’ section.
- Locate the Luckymedia.surf site and click the ‘Remove’ button to delete the site.
- Click ‘Safari’ button on the left upper corner of the screen and select ‘Preferences’.
- Select the ‘Websites’ tab and then select ‘Notifications’ section on the left panel.
- Locate the Luckymedia.surf domain and select it, click the ‘Deny’ button.
Delete Luckymedia.surf popup ads from Internet Explorer
By resetting Microsoft Internet Explorer web browser you return your internet browser settings to its default state. This is basic when troubleshooting problems that might have been caused by adware which cause pop ups.
First, launch the Internet Explorer, then press ‘gear’ icon . It will open the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the browser, then click the “Internet Options” as displayed in the following example.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then click the “Reset” button. The Internet Explorer will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” prompt. Further, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, click the “Reset” button as shown on the image below.
When the process is done, click “Close” button. Close the IE and reboot your computer for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your browser’s newtab, start page and search provider to default state.
Remove Luckymedia.surf pop-up advertisements from Firefox
If the Firefox web browser application is hijacked, then resetting its settings can help. The Reset feature is available on all modern version of Mozilla Firefox. A reset can fix many issues by restoring Mozilla Firefox settings such as homepage, new tab and search engine by default to their original state. When using the reset feature, your personal information like passwords, bookmarks, browsing history and web form auto-fill data will be saved.
Start the Mozilla Firefox and click the menu button (it looks like three stacked lines) at the top right of the web browser screen. Next, click the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It will show the slide-out menu.
Select the “Troubleshooting information”. If you’re unable to access the Help menu, then type “about:support” in your address bar and press Enter. It bring up the “Troubleshooting Information” page as displayed in the figure below.
Click the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the Troubleshooting Information page. Select “Refresh Firefox” in the confirmation dialog box. The Firefox will begin a procedure to fix your problems that caused by the Luckymedia.surf adware. After, it’s finished, click the “Finish” button.
Remove Luckymedia.surf ads from Chrome
Use the Reset internet browser tool of the Chrome to reset all its settings such as search provider, startpage and new tab to original defaults. This is a very useful utility to use, in the case of web browser redirects to annoying ad web pages such as Luckymedia.surf.
Open the Google Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal dotes (). It will display the drop-down menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
Carefully browse through the list of installed extensions. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following instructions: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy otherwise, just go to the step below.
Open the Chrome main menu again, click to “Settings” option.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Advanced” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, like below and click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
Confirm your action, click the “Reset” button.
Automatic Removal of Luckymedia.surf pop up advertisements
Many antivirus companies have developed software that allow detect adware software and thereby get rid of Luckymedia.surf from the Edge, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Chrome browsers. Below is a a few of the free applications you may want to use. Your PC system can have a huge count of PUPs, adware software and hijackers installed at the same time, so we suggest, if any unwanted or harmful program returns after rebooting the PC system, then start your personal computer into Safe Mode and use the anti-malware tool again.
How to delete Luckymedia.surf pop up ads with Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM)
Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) is a malware removal tool designed for Microsoft Windows. This utility will allow you get rid of Luckymedia.surf ads, various types of malicious software (including hijackers and PUPs) from your computer. It has simple and user friendly interface. While the Zemana Free does its job, your device will run smoothly.
- Please go to the following link to download Zemana Free. Save it on your Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- After the download is complete, close all applications and windows on your personal computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- Further, press Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once setup is finished, press the “Scan” button . Zemana program will scan through the whole computer for the adware software related to the Luckymedia.surf advertisements. This process can take some time, so please be patient. During the scan Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) will search for threats exist on your computer.
- When Zemana Anti Malware has completed scanning your PC system, Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) will display you the results. All found items will be marked. You can remove them all by simply press “Next”. Once the procedure is finished, you can be prompted to restart your personal computer.
Remove Luckymedia.surf pop up ads and malicious extensions with Hitman Pro
HitmanPro will help get rid of adware which cause intrusive Luckymedia.surf popups that slow down your device. The browser hijackers, adware and other PUPs slow your web-browser down and try to force you into clicking on malicious advertisements and links. HitmanPro removes the adware software and lets you enjoy your computer without Luckymedia.surf pop-up ads.
HitmanPro can be downloaded from the following link. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
Download and use Hitman Pro on your computer. Once started, press “Next” button to perform a system scan for the adware which cause popups. This task can take some time, so please be patient. While the tool is scanning, you can see number of objects and files has already scanned..
Once the scan get finished, HitmanPro will show you the results.
Review the scan results and then click Next button.
It will show a dialog box, press the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to delete all malicious software found.
How to get rid of Luckymedia.surf with MalwareBytes AntiMalware
If you are having issues with Luckymedia.surf pop-ups removal, then check out MalwareBytes. This is a utility that can help clean up your PC and improve your speeds for free. Find out more below.
First, visit the following page, then click the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of MalwareBytes Free.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
Once the downloading process is complete, close all applications and windows on your computer. Double-click the set up file called MBSetup. If the “User Account Control” prompt pops up as displayed on the image below, click the “Yes” button.
It will open the Setup wizard that will help you install MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) on your PC system. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once setup is complete successfully, click “Get Started” button. MalwareBytes Free will automatically start and you can see its main screen as shown in the following example.
Now press the “Scan” button to begin checking your PC system for the adware software that causes Luckymedia.surf pop ups in your internet browser. During the scan MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) will search for threats present on your computer.
When MalwareBytes AntiMalware has completed scanning, MalwareBytes will display you the results. Review the results once the tool has complete the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply press “Quarantine” button. The MalwareBytes AntiMalware will begin to remove adware software that causes Luckymedia.surf pop ups. When the process is complete, you may be prompted to restart the PC system.
We recommend you look at the following video, which completely explains the procedure of using the MalwareBytes Anti-Malware to delete adware software, browser hijacker and other malware.
Block Luckymedia.surf and other malicious web-pages
Enabling an ad-blocker program such as AdGuard is an effective way to alleviate the risks. Additionally, ad blocking software will also protect you from malicious ads and webpages, and, of course, stop redirection chain to Luckymedia.surf and similar web pages.
- Visit the following page to download the latest version of AdGuard for Microsoft Windows. Save it on your MS Windows desktop or in any other place.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- Once the download is finished, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is finished, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you launch your PC system, AdGuard will start automatically and stop unwanted advertisements, block Luckymedia.surf, as well as other harmful or misleading websites. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, which can be found on your desktop.
To sum up
After completing the steps shown above, your computer should be clean from adware which cause annoying Luckymedia.surf popups and other malware. The Firefox, Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge will no longer redirect you to various intrusive webpages similar to Luckymedia.surf. Unfortunately, if the steps does not help you, then you have caught a new adware, and then the best way – ask for help here.