What is IStreamingSearch?
According to cyber threat analysts, IStreamingSearch is a PUP (potentially unwanted program) belonging to the family of Browser hijackers. The aim of a browser hijacker is to earn advertising profit. For example, a browser hijacker redirects the user’s homepage to the browser hijacker’s page that contains advertisements or sponsored links; a browser hijacker redirects the user web searches to a link the browser hijacker wants the user to see, rather than to legitimate search engine results. When the user clicks on ads in the search results, browser hijackers makers gets paid. The authors of browser hijackers can collect confidential data such as user browsing habits as well as browsing history and sell this information to third parties for marketing purposes.
Most often, hijackers promote fake search providers by setting their address as the default search provider. In this case, the hijacker installs feed.istreamingsearch.com as a search provider. This means that users whose browser is affected with the hijacker are forced to visit istreamingsearch.com each time they search in the Net, open a new window or tab. And since istreamingsearch.com is not a real search engine and does not have the ability to find the information users need, this web-site redirects the user’s web browser to the Yahoo search engine.
Another reason why you need to delete IStreamingSearch is its online data-tracking activity. It can collect personal information, including:
- IP addresses;
- URLs visited;
- search queries/terms;
- clicks on links and advertisements;
- web browser version information.
If you are unfortunate have browser hijacker, adware or malicious software running on your PC system, you can follow the suggestions here to delete IStreamingSearch from the personal computer.
How can a browser hijacker get on your device
Browser hijackers and PUPs gets onto computer by being attached to many freeware and commercial software. This PUP can be installed in background without user consent, but usually it’s introduced to a user when a downloaded program are installed. So, read term of use and user agreement very carefully before installing any software or otherwise you can end up with another hijacker on your personal computer, such as this IStreamingSearch browser hijacker.
|Type||search provider hijacker, PUP, redirect virus, browser hijacker, home page hijacker|
|Associated domains||portal.istreamingsearch.com, feed.istreamingsearch.com, get.istreamingsearch.com, install.istreamingsearch.com|
|Affected Browser Settings||search provider, newtab page URL, startpage|
|Distribution||shady popup advertisements, fake updaters, free software setup files|
|Symptoms||Pop ups and newtab pages are loaded without your request. When you go to a webpage, you’re constantly rerouted to another web-page that you do not intend to visit. Unwanted program installed without your knowledge. Unexpected web browser toolbars in your internet browser. Your web browser settings are being modified without your request.|
|Removal||IStreamingSearch removal guide|
How to remove IStreamingSearch from computer
In order to get rid of IStreamingSearch from the Chrome, Internet Explorer, MS Edge and Mozilla Firefox and set your favorite startpage and search provider, you need to reset the web browser settings. Additionally, you should look up for other suspicious entries, such as files, programs, browser extensions and shortcuts. However, if you want to get rid of browser hijacker easily, you should use reputable antimalware tool and let it do the job for you.
To remove IStreamingSearch, execute the following steps:
- How to manually delete IStreamingSearch
- Automatic Removal of IStreamingSearch
- How to stop IStreamingSearch redirect
- Finish words
How to manually delete IStreamingSearch
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to remove the IStreamingSearch hijacker from the Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Edge browsers.
Remove IStreamingSearch related apps through the Control Panel of your PC system
The main cause of start page or search engine hijacking could be PUPs, adware or other undesired programs that you may have unintentionally installed on the PC. You need to find and delete all suspicious programs.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then press Windows button, next press Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then click “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will display the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will show a list of all software installed on the computer.
- Scroll through the all list, and uninstall suspicious and unknown apps. To quickly find the latest installed programs, we recommend sort applications by date.
See more details in the video guidance below.
Delete IStreamingSearch from Firefox by resetting browser settings
Resetting your Mozilla Firefox is basic troubleshooting step for any issues with your web browser application, including the redirect to the istreamingsearch.com website. However, your saved passwords and bookmarks will not be changed, deleted or cleared.
Click the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and click the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu similar to the one below.
A small menu will appear, click the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, click “Refresh Firefox” button as on the image below.
Follow the onscreen procedure to return your Mozilla Firefox browser settings to their original settings.
Remove IStreamingSearch hijacker from IE
The Internet Explorer reset is great if your web browser is hijacked or you have unwanted extensions or toolbars on your browser, which installed by a malicious software.
First, open the IE, then press ‘gear’ icon . It will open the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the browser, then click the “Internet Options” as displayed on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then click the “Reset” button. The Internet Explorer will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” prompt. Further, press the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, click the “Reset” button as displayed in the figure below.
After the process is finished, click “Close” button. Close the IE and reboot your personal computer for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your browser’s search engine, new tab page and startpage to default state.
Remove IStreamingSearch from Google Chrome
This step will show you how to reset Chrome homepage, newtab page and search engine by default to default values. This can remove IStreamingSearch and fix some surfing problems, especially after browser hijacker. Essential information like bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, cookies, auto-fill data and personal dictionaries will not be removed.
- First start the Google Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will display the Google Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the add-on labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following steps: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Google Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and press “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset” button.
- The Google Chrome will show the reset profile settings page as on the image above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this procedure is complete, your web browser’s home page, newtab and search engine by default will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Automatic Removal of IStreamingSearch
There are not many good free anti malware applications with high detection ratio. The effectiveness of malicious software removal utilities depends on various factors, mostly on how often their virus/malware signatures DB are updated in order to effectively detect modern malware, adware, browser hijackers and other PUPs. We suggest to use several programs, not just one. These applications that listed below will allow you remove all components of the hijacker from your disk and Windows registry and thereby remove IStreamingSearch browser hijacker.
Delete IStreamingSearch browser hijacker with Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM)
Zemana Free is a free application for MS Windows operating system to search for and delete PUPs, adware software, harmful web browser addons, browser toolbars, and other undesired software like IStreamingSearch browser hijacker.
Zemana can be downloaded from the following link. Save it to your Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
When downloading is done, close all applications and windows on your PC. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup as shown on the screen below.
When the install begins, you will see the “Setup wizard” that will allow you setup Zemana Free on your PC.
Once installation is complete, you will see window as on the image below.
Now click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this tool for the IStreamingSearch hijacker. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient.
Once Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) completes the scan, Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) will show a list of all items detected by the scan. Review the results once the tool has finished the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply click “Next” button.
The Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) will remove IStreamingSearch hijacker and move the selected items to the program’s quarantine.
Delete IStreamingSearch hijacker and malicious extensions with Hitman Pro
Hitman Pro is a malware removal utility that is developed to detect and terminate browser hijackers, potentially unwanted software, adware and questionable processes from the infected computer. It is a portable program which can be run instantly from USB key. Hitman Pro have an advanced system monitoring tool that uses a whitelist database to block suspicious processes and programs.
Hitman Pro can be downloaded from the following link. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
Download and run HitmanPro on your personal computer. Once started, click “Next” button . Hitman Pro program will scan through the whole personal computer for the IStreamingSearch hijacker. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your PC. .
When the system scan is finished, HitmanPro will open a screen that contains a list of malicious software that has been detected.
Make sure to check mark the threats that are unsafe and then click Next button.
It will open a dialog box, click the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to delete all malware found.
Run MalwareBytes AntiMalware to remove IStreamingSearch browser hijacker
Remove IStreamingSearch hijacker manually is difficult and often the hijacker is not completely removed. Therefore, we suggest you to use the MalwareBytes that are fully clean your personal computer. Moreover, this free program will help you to remove malware, potentially unwanted apps, toolbars and adware that your PC system can be infected too.
- Installing the MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) is simple. First you’ll need to download MalwareBytes Anti-Malware on your Windows Desktop by clicking on the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your internet browser will display the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- After the downloading process is done, please close all programs and open windows on your PC. Double-click on the icon that’s named MBSetup.
- This will launch the Setup wizard of MalwareBytes onto your device. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes Free will run and display the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan” button for scanning your device for the IStreamingSearch browser hijacker. When a threat is found, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the checking is complete.
- Once MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) has completed scanning your personal computer, MalwareBytes Anti Malware will show a scan report.
- Make sure to check mark the threats that are unsafe and then click the “Quarantine” button. Once finished, you may be prompted to restart the computer.
- Close the AntiMalware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
How to stop IStreamingSearch redirect
Using an ad blocking application such as AdGuard is an effective way to alleviate the risks. Additionally, ad blocker programs will also protect you from harmful advertisements and web pages, and, of course, block redirection chain to IStreamingSearch and similar websites.
Please go to the following link to download AdGuard. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
After downloading it, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as displayed in the figure below.
Follow the prompts. When the installation is done, you will see a window as shown in the figure below.
You can click “Skip” to close the setup application and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you start your PC system, AdGuard will start automatically and stop undesired advertisements, block IStreamingSearch, as well as other harmful or misleading websites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that is located on your desktop.
Now your personal computer should be free of the IStreamingSearch hijacker. We suggest that you keep Zemana (to periodically scan your personal computer for new hijackers and other malicious software) and AdGuard (to help you block undesired pop-up ads and malicious websites). Moreover, to prevent any browser hijacker, please stay clear of unknown and third party programs, make sure that your antivirus program, turn on the option to scan for PUPs.
If you need more help with IStreamingSearch related issues, go to here.