What is PopBlock+
PopBlock+ is supposed to be a program (browser extension) that will block unwanted pop-up ads displayed by websites, but according to security professionals, it is an adware. Adware is a part of software that tries to generate revenue by redirecting you to unwanted web pages or online advertisements. It has different ways of earning revenue including displaying up advertising on the web-browser forcefully. Most of adware gets installed when you are downloading free software or browser extensions.
Does adware software steal your privacy data? Adware can be used to gather a wide variety of your personal information to get profit. Adware software can analyze your surfing, and gain access to your confidential info and, later, can sell it to third parties. Thus, there are more than enough reasons to remove adware from your PC system.
If you are unfortunate have adware or malware running on your PC system, you can follow the step-by-step instructions here to get rid of PopBlock+ from your computer and browser.
How does PopBlock+ get on your computer
The most popular method to get adware is freeware setup file. In most cases, a user have a chance to disable all unneeded apps, but certain setup files are created to confuse the average users, in order to trick them into installing PUPs and adware. Anyway, easier to prevent adware software rather than clean up your system after one. So, keep your web-browser updated (turn on automatic updates), use good antivirus apps, double check free software before you start it (do a google search, scan a downloaded file with VirusTotal), avoid suspicious and unknown websites.
|Type||adware, potentially unwanted application (PUA), pop ups, pop up advertisements, popup virus|
|Removal||PopBlock+ removal guide|
How to remove PopBlock+ adware from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
We can assist you remove PopBlock+ from your web browsers, without the need to take your PC to a professional. Simply follow the removal steps below if you currently have the unwanted adware on your system and want to get rid of it. If you’ve any difficulty while trying to remove the PopBlock+ adware, feel free to ask for our help in the comment section below. Certain of the steps below will require you to close this web site. So, please read the few simple steps carefully, after that bookmark it or open it on your smartphone for later reference.
To remove PopBlock+, complete the following steps:
- Manual PopBlock+ removal
- Automatic Removal of PopBlock+ adware
- How to stay safe online
- Finish words
Manual PopBlock+ removal
The step-by-step instructions will help you delete PopBlock+ from the web-browser manually. If you are not good at computers, we suggest that you use the free utilities listed below.
Remove newly added adware software
In order to remove PUPs such as this adware software, open the Windows Control Panel and click on “Uninstall a program”. Check the list of installed applications. For the ones you do not know, run an Internet search to see if they are adware software, hijacker or PUPs. If yes, uninstall them off. Even if they are just a programs which you do not use, then removing them off will increase your computer start up time and speed dramatically.
|Windows 7||Windows 8|
|Windows 10||Mac OS|
Remove PopBlock+ from Microsoft Internet Explorer
In order to restore all browser search provider by default, startpage and newtab page you need to reset the Internet Explorer to the state, which was when the MS Windows was installed on your machine.
First, start the Internet Explorer, press ) button. Next, press “Internet Options” like below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, press Reset button. The Internet Explorer will display the Reset Internet Explorer settings dialog box. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and click Reset button.
You will now need to restart your PC for the changes to take effect. It will remove PopBlock+ , disable malicious and ad-supported web browser’s extensions and restore the Internet Explorer’s settings such as default search engine, home page and newtab to default state.
Remove PopBlock+ from Google Chrome
Use the Reset browser utility of the Chrome to reset all its settings such as start page, search engine by default and new tab page to original defaults. This is a very useful utility to use, in the case of adware infection.
- First launch the Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will display the Google Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then press Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed add-ons. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following steps: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Google Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and press “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and press the “Reset” button.
- The Google Chrome will open the reset profile settings page as on the image above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this process is done, your web browser’s search engine, newtab page and homepage will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Remove PopBlock+ adware software from Mozilla Firefox
If your Mozilla Firefox web browser is hijacked by adware or an unknown search provider opens results for your search, then it may be time to perform the browser reset. However, your saved passwords and bookmarks will not be changed, deleted or cleared.
First, launch the Firefox and press button. It will display the drop-down menu on the right-part of the browser. Further, press the Help button () as shown in the figure below.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the internet browser adress bar and press Enter. It will open the “Troubleshooting Information” page as shown on the screen below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, click the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will show the confirmation prompt. Further, click the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Firefox will begin a process to fix your problems that caused by the PopBlock+ adware software. Once, it’s done, click the “Finish” button.
Automatic Removal of PopBlock+ adware
The adware software can hide its components which are difficult for you to find out and remove completely. This can lead to the fact that after some time, adware software again infect your machine. Moreover, We want to note that it’s not always safe to remove adware manually, if you do not have much experience in setting up and configuring the Microsoft Windows operating system. The best way to scan for and remove adware is to run free malware removal applications.
Run Zemana Anti-Malware to get rid of PopBlock+ adware software
Zemana AntiMalware is a lightweight utility which created to use alongside your antivirus software, detecting and removing malicious software, adware and PUPs that other programs miss. Zemana AntiMalware is easy to use, fast, does not use many resources and have great detection and removal rates.
- Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) can be downloaded from the following link. Save it to your Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- Once you have downloaded the installation file, make sure to double click on the Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. This would start the Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) installation on your machine.
- Select installation language and press ‘OK’ button.
- On the next screen ‘Setup Wizard’ simply click the ‘Next’ button and follow the prompts.
- Finally, once the setup is finished, Zemana Anti-Malware will launch automatically. Else, if does not then double-click on the Zemana Anti-Malware icon on your desktop.
- Now that you have successfully install Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM), let’s see How to use Zemana Anti Malware to remove PopBlock+ from your computer.
- After you have started the Zemana, you’ll see a window as shown on the screen below, just click ‘Scan’ button to start scanning your PC for the adware.
- Now pay attention to the screen while Zemana Free scans your PC system.
- Once Zemana Free completes the scan, Zemana Free will display a list of all items detected by the scan. Once you’ve selected what you want to delete from your PC system press ‘Next’ button.
- Zemana may require a restart PC system in order to complete the PopBlock+ removal process.
- If you want to fully remove adware from your PC, then click ‘Quarantine’ icon, select all malware, adware software, potentially unwanted applications and other threats and press Delete.
- Restart your system to complete the adware removal process.
Use HitmanPro to get rid of PopBlock+ adware software
The Hitman Pro tool is free (30 day trial) and easy to use. It can check and get rid of malware, PUPs and adware in IE, Firefox, Google Chrome and MS Edge internet browsers and thereby delete all unwanted PopBlock+ pop up ads. HitmanPro is powerful enough to find and remove malicious registry entries and files that are hidden on the machine.
- First, click the link below, then press the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of HitmanPro.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- When the download is done, start the Hitman Pro, double-click the HitmanPro.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, click Yes to continue.
- In the HitmanPro window, click the “Next” to start checking your machine for the PopBlock+ adware. Depending on your computer, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. While the utility is scanning, you can see number of objects and files has already scanned.
- When Hitman Pro has completed scanning, a list of all items detected is produced. In order to delete all threats, simply click “Next”. Now, press the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to get rid of all malicious software found.
Use MalwareBytes Anti Malware to remove PopBlock+ adware
We advise using the MalwareBytes Anti Malware that are completely clean your machine of the adware. The free tool is an advanced malicious software removal program designed by (c) Malwarebytes lab. This program uses the world’s most popular anti malware technology. It’s able to help you remove the PopBlock+ adware from your internet browsers, potentially unwanted software, malicious software, browser hijacker infections, toolbars, ransomware and other security threats from your computer for free.
- MalwareBytes can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your MS Windows desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- Once the downloading process is done, close all apps and windows on your system. Open a file location. Double-click on the icon that’s named MBsetup.
- Choose “Personal computer” option and click Install button. Follow the prompts.
- Once install is done, click the “Scan” button . MalwareBytes tool will start scanning the whole computer to find out the PopBlock+ adware. This process can take quite a while, so please be patient. While the tool is checking, you may see how many objects and files has already scanned.
- As the scanning ends, MalwareBytes Free will prepare a list of unwanted programs and adware software. In order to delete all threats, simply click “Quarantine”. When the clean up is done, you can be prompted to reboot your personal computer.
The following video offers a steps on how to remove hijackers, adware software and other malicious software with MalwareBytes.
How to stay safe online
By installing an ad-blocker program such as AdGuard, you are able to block malicious websites, stop autoplaying video ads and remove a large count of distracting and undesired ads on web sites.
- Installing the AdGuard is simple. First you will need to download AdGuard on your computer from the link below.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After downloading it, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- When the setup is complete, press “Skip” to close the install application and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you start your system, AdGuard will run automatically and stop unwanted ads, block harmful and misleading webpages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon called AdGuard, that is located on your desktop.
Once you’ve done the few simple steps outlined above, your PC system should be clean from the PopBlock+ adware and other unwanted software. The Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, MS Edge and Microsoft Internet Explorer will no longer display any unwanted ads. Unfortunately, if the few simple steps does not help you, then you have caught a new adware, and then the best way – ask for help here.