According to security researchers, ListenToRadio is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) belonging to the category of browser hijackers. It is designed to take control of the internet browser and modify how and what it opens when you’re surfing the World Wide Web. If you are already a victim of ListenToRadio hijacker, then the steps below can help you clean the Mozilla Firefox, IE, Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome from the browser hijacker, boost web-browser security and revert back web-browser settings.
In order to force you to use ListenToRadio as often as possible this browser hijacker changes your web browsers search provider. You may even find that your computer settings are hijacked without your knowledge and conscious permission. The ListenToRadio developers do so in order to earn money via Google AdSense, Yahoo or another third-party ad network. Thus every your click on ads that placed on the ListenToRadio earns money for them.
The browser hijacker can not only alter your home page or search provider, but redirect your browser to shady web pages. What is more, it can analyze your surfing, and gain access to your confidential info and, subsequently, can sell it to third party companies. Thus, there are more than enough reasons to remove ListenToRadio from your computer.
To find out how to remove ListenToRadio, we recommend to read the few simple steps added to this blog post below. The tutorial was prepared by computer security specialists who discovered a solution to uninstall ListenToRadio out of the computer.
How can ListenToRadio get on your PC system
ListenToRadio such as other PUPs can get added to your internet browser or machine when you visit a web site and click an Install button, or when you download and run a suspicious program, or when you install free program that includes a potentially unwanted application (PUA). Be very attentive when installing any applications and make sure you deselect any options for optional applications that you do not want.
|Type||browser hijacker, PUP, redirect virus, start page hijacker, search engine hijacker|
|Affected Browser Settings||newtab URL, homepage, search engine|
|Removal||ListenToRadio removal guide|
How to remove ListenToRadio browser hijacker
There are a simple manual steps below that will help you to remove ListenToRadio from your MS Windows machine. The most effective solution to remove this hijacker is to complete the manual removal instructions and then run Zemana Free, MalwareBytes Anti-Malware or Hitman Pro automatic tools (all are free). The manual method will assist to weaken this browser hijacker and the free malware removal tools will completely get rid of ListenToRadio and restore the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge settings to default.
To remove ListenToRadio, perform the following steps:
- Delete ListenToRadio browser hijacker infection without any utilities
- Automatic Removal of ListenToRadio
- Block ListenToRadio and other unwanted web-sites
- To sum up
Delete ListenToRadio browser hijacker infection without any utilities
The following instructions is a step-by-step guide, which will help you manually remove ListenToRadio browser hijacker from the Firefox, IE, Chrome and Edge.
Uninstall ListenToRadio associated software by using MS Windows Control Panel
Check out the Microsoft Windows Control Panel (Programs and Features section) to see all installed software. We recommend to click on the “Date Installed” in order to sort the list of applications by the date you installed them. If you see any unknown and questionable programs, they are the ones you need to remove.
|Windows 7||Windows 8|
|Windows 10||Mac OS|
Delete ListenToRadio from Firefox by resetting web-browser settings
The Mozilla Firefox reset will remove unwanted search provider and start page like ListenToRadio, modified preferences, extensions and security settings. However, your saved bookmarks and passwords will not be lost. This will not affect your history, passwords, bookmarks, and other saved data.
Click the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and click the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu as displayed on the screen below.
A small menu will appear, click the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, click “Refresh Firefox” button as on the image below.
Follow the onscreen procedure to revert back your Mozilla Firefox web browser settings to their default values.
Remove ListenToRadio hijacker from Internet Explorer
First, launch the Microsoft Internet Explorer, then press ‘gear’ icon . It will open the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the web browser, then press the “Internet Options” like below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then click the “Reset” button. The Internet Explorer will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” dialog box. Further, press the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, click the “Reset” button as shown on the image below.
Once the procedure is finished, click “Close” button. Close the Microsoft Internet Explorer and reboot your computer for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your web browser’s startpage, newtab page and default search provider to default state.
Remove ListenToRadio from Chrome
Another solution to delete ListenToRadio from Chrome is Reset Chrome settings. This will disable malicious extensions and reset Google Chrome settings including newtab page, search provider and homepage to default values. When using the reset feature, your personal information such as passwords, bookmarks, browsing history and web form auto-fill data will be saved.
- First launch the Google Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will open the Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed add-ons. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guidance: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, press the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and press the “Reset” button.
- The Chrome will open the reset profile settings page as shown on the image above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this task is done, your internet browser’s default search provider, newtab page and start page will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Automatic Removal of ListenToRadio
Manual removal is not always as effective as you might think. Often, even the most experienced users can not fully remove browser hijacker from the infected computer. So, we advise to scan your PC for any remaining malicious components with free browser hijacker infection removal programs below.
Run Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) to remove ListenToRadio browser hijacker
Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) is a free program for MS Windows OS to scan for and delete PUPs, adware, malicious web-browser add-ons, browser toolbars, and other undesired applications such as ListenToRadio hijacker.
- Download Zemana AntiMalware on your PC system by clicking on the link below.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web browser will open the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- After the download is finished, please close all apps and open windows on your machine. Next, launch a file called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will start the “Setup wizard” of Zemana Free onto your system. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) will start and show the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button . Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) program will scan through the whole PC system for the ListenToRadio hijacker. This task may take quite a while, so please be patient. When a threat is detected, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the scanning is done.
- When the system scan is done, Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) will show a list of all items found by the scan.
- Make sure to check mark the items that are unsafe and then click the “Next” button. The utility will get rid of ListenToRadio hijacker and move the selected threats to the program’s quarantine. Once the clean up is complete, you may be prompted to restart the personal computer.
- Close the Zemana Free and continue with the next step.
Get rid of ListenToRadio browser hijacker from internet browsers with Hitman Pro
HitmanPro is a free removal tool which can scan your personal computer for a wide range of security threats such as adware, malware, PUPs as well as ListenToRadio hijacker. It will perform a deep scan of your PC including hard drives and MS Windows registry. After a malware is detected, it will help you to get rid of all found threats from your PC by a simple click.
Click the following link to download Hitman Pro. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
Download and use Hitman Pro on your personal computer. Once started, click “Next” button to perform a system scan for the ListenToRadio browser hijacker. This task can take some time, so please be patient. While the Hitman Pro tool is scanning, you can see how many objects it has identified as being affected by malware..
After the checking is finished, you will be displayed the list of all found items on your computer.
Review the report and then click Next button.
It will show a prompt, press the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to delete all malicious software found.
Remove ListenToRadio hijacker with MalwareBytes AntiMalware
We suggest using the MalwareBytes Free. You can download and install MalwareBytes to look for and remove ListenToRadio hijacker from your system. When installed and updated, this free malicious software remover automatically searches for and deletes all threats exist on the computer.
MalwareBytes Free can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your MS Windows desktop or in any other place.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
Once downloading is finished, close all apps and windows on your machine. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named MBSetup such as the one below.
When the installation starts, you will see the Setup wizard which will help you install Malwarebytes on your computer.
Once installation is done, you will see window as shown in the figure below.
Now click the “Scan” button to detect the ListenToRadio hijacker. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient. While the MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) program is scanning, you can see how many objects it has identified as threat.
As the scanning ends, MalwareBytes Free will open a screen which contains a list of malicious software that has been detected. Next, you need to press “Quarantine” button.
The Malwarebytes will now begin to remove ListenToRadio hijacker. After that process is complete, you may be prompted to reboot your personal computer.
The following video explains steps on how to get rid of browser hijacker infection, adware and other malicious software with MalwareBytes AntiMalware.
Block ListenToRadio and other unwanted web-sites
One of the worst things is the fact that you cannot block all those unwanted web-sites like ListenToRadio using only built-in Microsoft Windows capabilities. However, there is a program out that you can use to block intrusive internet browser redirections, advertisements and popups in any modern internet browsers including MS Edge, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. It is called Adguard and it works very well.
- Visit the following page to download AdGuard. Save it on your Windows desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- When the download is done, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- When the install is finished, press “Skip” to close the setup program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your PC, AdGuard will start automatically and stop unwanted ads, block ListenToRadio, as well as other malicious or misleading web-sites. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon called AdGuard, which can be found on your desktop.
To sum up
Now your PC should be free of the ListenToRadio hijacker. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted pop-up ads and annoying malicious web-sites) and Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) (to periodically scan your computer for new malicious software, hijackers and adware). Make sure that you have all the Critical Updates recommended for MS Windows operating system. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new browser hijackers, harmful apps and adware software are released.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove ListenToRadio from your internet browser, then ask for help here.