If you keep receiving suspicious Search-one.info pop-ups, when you surf the Web with the Edge, Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer, then it’s possible that you’ve an adware (sometimes called ‘ad-supported’ software) installed on your personal computer. Many computer users consider adware, browser hijackers, keyloggers, trojans as the same thing. They are all types of malicious software that each behave differently. The word ‘adware’ is a combination of two words ‘ad’ and ‘software’. Adware shows unwanted advertisements and pop-up deals on an infected PC. Not very dangerous for PC users, but very profitable for the the software makers.
Even worse, adware software can install a component which enables its developer to track which web-sites you visit, which products you look at upon those pages. They are then able to select the type of ads they display you. So, if you had adware software on your personal computer, there is a good chance you have another that is gathering and sharing your confidential data with third parties, without your knowledge.
|Type||adware software, PUP (potentially unwanted program), pop up virus, pop up advertisements, pop ups|
|Removal||Search-one.info removal guide|
How does Adware get on your machine
The most popular method to get adware is free software installer. In many cases, a user have a chance to disable all third-party modules, but certain setup files are created to confuse the average users, in order to trick them into installing potentially unwanted applications and adware software. Anyway, easier to prevent adware rather than clean up your computer after one. So, keep your web-browser updated (turn on automatic updates), use good antivirus applications, double check free applications before you start it (do a google search, scan a downloaded file with VirusTotal), avoid suspicious and unknown web-pages.
Instructions which is shown below, will allow you to clean your computer from the adware as well as remove Search-one.info annoying pop-ups from the Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and MS Edge and other web browsers.
How to remove Search-one.info pop-ups from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
In the step-by-step guide below, we will try to cover the Edge, Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer and provide general advice to remove Search-one.info pop ups. You may find some minor differences in your MS Windows install. No matter, you should be okay if you follow the steps outlined below: remove all suspicious and unknown programs, reset web browsers settings, fix web browsers shortcuts, remove malicious scheduled tasks, use free malicious software removal tools. Read it once, after doing so, please bookmark this page (or open it on your smartphone) as you may need to shut down your web-browser or restart your computer.
To remove Search-one.info, execute the steps below:
- How to remove Search-one.info popups without any software
- Automatic Removal of Search-one.info popups
- Block Search-one.info and other annoying web sites
- Finish words
How to remove Search-one.info popups without any software
First of all, try to remove Search-one.info popup manually; to do this, follow the steps below. Of course, manual adware removal requires more time and may not be suitable for those who are poorly versed in computer settings. In this case, we suggest that you scroll down to the section that describes how to delete Search-one.info pop-up using free utilities.
Delete potentially unwanted software through the MS Windows Control Panel
Check out the Microsoft Windows Control Panel (Programs and Features section) to see all installed applications. We recommend to click on the “Date Installed” in order to sort the list of apps by the date you installed them. If you see any unknown and suspicious programs, they are the ones you need to uninstall.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Click the Windows logo, and then click Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter as shown in the figure below.
After the ‘Control Panel’ opens, press the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as displayed in the figure below.
Windows 7, Vista, XP
Open Start menu and choose the ‘Control Panel’ at right like below.
Then go to ‘Add/Remove Programs’ or ‘Uninstall a program’ (MS Windows 7 or Vista) as displayed on the screen below.
Carefully browse through the list of installed apps and remove all questionable and unknown applications. We suggest to click ‘Installed programs’ and even sorts all installed programs by date. When you have found anything suspicious that may be the adware software responsible for Search-one.info pop-up or other PUP (potentially unwanted program), then choose this program and click ‘Uninstall’ in the upper part of the window. If the questionable program blocked from removal, then use Revo Uninstaller Freeware to fully remove it from your personal computer.
Remove Search-one.info pop up from Google Chrome
Like other modern browsers, the Google Chrome has the ability to reset the settings to their default values and thereby restore the browser’s settings like startpage, search engine by default and newtab that have been replaced by the adware software related to the Search-one.info pop-ups.
- First, start the Chrome and click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will display the Google Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then press Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed add-ons. If the list has the plugin labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guidance: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, press “Advanced” link, which located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Chrome will show the reset settings prompt as shown on the screen above.
- Confirm the internet browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Get rid of Search-one.info pop-ups from Microsoft Internet Explorer
The Internet Explorer reset is great if your browser is hijacked or you have unwanted add-ons or toolbars on your browser, which installed by an malicious software.
First, run the Internet Explorer. Next, click the button in the form of gear (). It will open the Tools drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options” similar to the one below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window such as the one below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click “Reset” button.
You will now need to restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Delete Search-one.info from Firefox by resetting browser settings
If the Mozilla Firefox browser is re-directed to Search-one.info and you want to restore the Firefox settings back to their default state, then you should follow the few simple steps below. It will save your personal information like saved passwords, bookmarks, auto-fill data and open tabs.
First, run the Mozilla Firefox. Next, press the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will show the drop-down menu. Next, click the Help button ().
In the Help menu click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button as displayed on the screen below.
Confirm your action, click the “Refresh Firefox”.
Automatic Removal of Search-one.info popups
If the Search-one.info popup are still there, the situation is more serious. But don’t worry. There are several tools which are developed to scan for and remove adware from your browser and PC. If you are searching for a free solution to adware software removal, then Zemana Anti-Malware is a good option. Also you can get Hitman Pro and MalwareBytes. Both programs also available for free unlimited scanning and for removal of found malicious software, adware and potentially unwanted programs.
How to get rid of Search-one.info popups with Zemana
Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) is a free application for Microsoft Windows OS to locate and remove adware that causes Search-one.info popup, and other undesired applications like PUPs, harmful web browser add-ons, browser toolbars.
- Visit the following page to download Zemana Anti-Malware. Save it on your MS Windows desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- Once you have downloaded the setup file, make sure to double click on the Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. This would start the Zemana Anti-Malware setup on your machine.
- Select installation language and click ‘OK’ button.
- On the next screen ‘Setup Wizard’ simply click the ‘Next’ button and follow the prompts.
- Finally, once the install is complete, Zemana Free will run automatically. Else, if doesn’t then double-click on the Zemana Free icon on your desktop.
- Now that you have successfully install Zemana Free, let’s see How to use Zemana Free to get rid of Search-one.info pop ups from your computer.
- After you have opened the Zemana AntiMalware, you will see a window as displayed on the image below, just click ‘Scan’ button . Zemana Free tool will start scanning the whole personal computer to find out adware.
- Now pay attention to the screen while Zemana Free scans your machine.
- After Zemana Free has completed scanning your PC system, Zemana Free will show a list of all threats found by the scan. Make sure to check mark the threats which are unsafe and then click ‘Next’ button.
- Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) may require a restart system in order to complete the Search-one.info pop up removal process.
- If you want to fully delete adware from your computer, then click ‘Quarantine’ icon, select all malicious software, adware software, potentially unwanted software and other items and click Delete.
- Restart your computer to complete the adware software removal process.
Use Hitman Pro to remove Search-one.info pop-ups
HitmanPro is a free tool which can detect adware which causes intrusive Search-one.info pop ups. It is not always easy to locate all the junk applications that your machine might have picked up on the Internet. Hitman Pro will scan for the adware software, browser hijacker infections and other malicious software you need to uninstall.
- Hitman Pro can be downloaded from the following link. Save it directly to your Windows Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- Once the downloading process is done, start the HitmanPro, double-click the HitmanPro.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, click Yes to continue.
- In the HitmanPro window, click the “Next” for scanning your computer for the adware that causes multiple undesired pop-ups. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the count of files on your computer and the speed of your PC system. When a malicious software, adware or potentially unwanted applications are found, the count of the security threats will change accordingly.
- As the scanning ends, it will open the Scan Results. Make sure to check mark the items that are unsafe and then click “Next”. Now, click the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to get rid of all malicious software found.
How to get rid of Search-one.info with MalwareBytes AntiMalware
Delete Search-one.info pop-ups manually is difficult and often the adware software is not completely removed. Therefore, we recommend you to run the MalwareBytes that are completely clean your machine. Moreover, this free application will allow you to delete malicious software, PUPs, toolbars and browser hijackers that your personal computer can be infected too.
- First, click the following link, then press the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- Once the downloading process is finished, close all applications and windows on your computer. Open a file location. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- Further, press Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is finished, click the “Scan Now” button for checking your PC for the adware software which cause popups. This task can take some time, so please be patient. During the scan MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) will search for threats present on your machine.
- Once the scan is done, MalwareBytes will produce a list of unwanted applications and adware. Review the scan results and then click “Quarantine Selected”. When finished, you can be prompted to restart your computer.
The following video offers a guide on how to remove browser hijacker infections, adware software and other malware with MalwareBytes Free.
Block Search-one.info and other annoying web sites
To put it simply, you need to use an ad blocker utility (AdGuard, for example). It’ll stop and protect you from all undesired web-sites such as Search-one.info, advertisements and popups. To be able to do that, the adblocker program uses a list of filters. Each filter is a rule that describes a malicious web site, an advertising content, a banner and others. The ad-blocking program automatically uses these filters, depending on the web-sites you are visiting.
- Installing the AdGuard is simple. First you’ll need to download AdGuard on your computer by clicking on the link below.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- When downloading is done, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- When the installation is finished, press “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you start your PC, AdGuard will run automatically and stop undesired ads, block Search-one.info, as well as other harmful or misleading web-sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, that is located on your desktop.
Now your computer should be clean of the adware software that cause pop-ups. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted pop ups and unwanted harmful web-pages) and Zemana Free (to periodically scan your machine for new adwares and other malware). Probably you are running an older version of Java or Adobe Flash Player. This can be a security risk, so download and install the latest version right now.
If you are still having problems while trying to delete Search-one.info pop-ups from the Microsoft Internet Explorer, MS Edge, Google Chrome and Firefox, then ask for help here here.