Q. I keep getting Mytopgames.net advertising pop ups. I really don’t wish to have these popping up all while I am trying to use my web-browser. Has someone ideas for the problem that I described?
A. If you see various pop-up windows and/or unwanted ads on your web-browser that just won’t go away, you might have inadvertently downloaded and installed adware (also known as ‘adware software’) or PUP (potentially unwanted program). Some third-party download webpages might add applications which you don’t want with the software that you install.
What is Adware & Is it actually malicious? By definition, adware software is a piece of programs that shows ads on a computer. However, people basically use the word ‘adware’ to describe a part of malicious software that presents unwanted ads to the user. Most commonly, this kind of adware do not have any uninstall procedures and can use technologies that are similar to those used by trojans to penetrate the PC system.
Another reason why you need to get rid of adware is its online data-tracking activity. Adware can be used to gather and transmit confidential data without your permission. Adware can track information about web sites visited, browser and system information, and your system IP address.
|Type||adware, PUP (potentially unwanted program), popups, popup advertisements, popup virus|
|Removal||Mytopgames.net removal guide|
The most popular method to get adware is free software installer. In many cases, a user have a chance to disable all included ‘offers’, but certain installation packages are designed to confuse the average users, in order to trick them into installing PUPs and adware software. Anyway, easier to prevent adware rather than clean up your PC system after one. So, keep your internet browser updated (turn on automatic updates), use good antivirus programs, double check free applications before you launch it (do a google search, scan a downloaded file with VirusTotal), avoid dubious and unknown webpages.
If you are unfortunate have adware software or malware running on your machine, you can follow the suggestions here to get rid of Mytopgames.net popup ads from your internet browser.
How to remove Mytopgames.net pop up advertisements from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
In many cases adware software requires more than a simple uninstall through the use of MS Windows Control panel in order to be fully deleted. For that reason, our team created several removal ways that we have combined in a detailed tutorial. Therefore, if you have the undesired Mytopgames.net pop-up advertisements on your computer and are currently trying to have it removed then feel free to follow the few simple steps below in order to resolve your problem. Certain of the steps below will require you to exit this webpage. So, please read the tutorial carefully, after that bookmark it or open it on your smartphone for later reference.
To remove Mytopgames.net, use the steps below:
- How to delete Mytopgames.net ads without any software
- How to fully remove Mytopgames.net popups using free tools
- How to block Mytopgames.net
- To sum up
How to delete Mytopgames.net ads without any software
First of all, try to get rid of Mytopgames.net pop-ups manually; to do this, follow the steps below. Of course, manual removal of adware requires more time and may not be suitable for those who are poorly versed in computer settings. In this case, we suggest that you scroll down to the section that describes how to remove Mytopgames.net pop-up ads using free tools.
Delete newly added adware
You can manually get rid of most nonaggressive adware by removing the program that it came with or removing the adware software itself using ‘Add/Remove programs’ or ‘Uninstall a program’ option in Microsoft Windows Control Panel.
|Windows 7||Windows 8|
|Windows 10||Mac OS|
Delete Mytopgames.net from Firefox by resetting web browser settings
Resetting Firefox browser will reset all the settings to their default state and will remove Mytopgames.net advertisements, malicious add-ons and extensions. However, your themes, bookmarks, history, passwords, and web form auto-fill information will not be deleted.
First, run the Firefox. Next, press the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will display the drop-down menu. Next, click the Help button ().
In the Help menu click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page press on “Refresh Firefox” button as displayed on the image below.
Confirm your action, press the “Refresh Firefox”.
Remove Mytopgames.net pop-up advertisements from Internet Explorer
The Internet Explorer reset is great if your web-browser is hijacked or you have unwanted add-ons or toolbars on your internet browser, that installed by an malware.
First, start the Internet Explorer. Next, click the button in the form of gear (). It will display the Tools drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options” like below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then press the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as shown below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click “Reset” button.
You will now need to restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
Remove Mytopgames.net redirect from Google Chrome
If you’re getting Mytopgames.net pop ups, then you can try to remove it by resetting Google Chrome to its default values. It will also clear cookies, content and site data, temporary and cached data. It will save your personal information like saved passwords, bookmarks, auto-fill data and open tabs.
- First, start the Chrome and click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will show the Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guidance: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Advanced” link, which located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Google Chrome will open the reset settings dialog box as shown on the screen above.
- Confirm the internet browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Chrome settings to default.
How to fully remove Mytopgames.net popups using free tools
The easiest solution to remove Mytopgames.net popup advertisements is to use an antimalware application capable of detecting adware software. We suggest try Zemana or another free malware remover which listed below. It has excellent detection rate when it comes to adware, hijackers and other potentially unwanted programs.
Automatically get rid of Mytopgames.net redirect with Zemana
You can download and use the Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) for free. This antimalware utility will scan all the Microsoft Windows registry keys and files in your PC along with the system settings and web browser addons. If it finds any malicious software, adware or harmful extension that is responsible for web browser redirect to the unwanted Mytopgames.net web-page then the Zemana will delete them from your PC completely.
- Installing the Zemana Anti Malware is simple. First you’ll need to download Zemana from the following link. Save it on your Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- Once the downloading process is done, close all applications and windows on your computer. Open a folder in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is complete, click the “Scan” button . Zemana Anti Malware utility will begin scanning the whole PC system to find out adware related to the Mytopgames.net redirect. When a threat is found, the count of the security threats will change accordingly.
- After Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) has completed scanning, Zemana will display you the results. Review the results once the tool has done the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply click “Next”. Once disinfection is complete, you may be prompted to reboot your computer.
Get rid of Mytopgames.net pop-up ads from web-browsers with Hitman Pro
Hitman Pro is a completely free (30 day trial) utility. You do not need expensive methods to remove adware that causes multiple intrusive pop-ups and other unsafe applications. HitmanPro will delete all the undesired software such as adware software and browser hijackers at zero cost.
Click the link below to download HitmanPro. Save it on your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
When downloading is done, open the file location. You will see an icon like below.
Double click the Hitman Pro desktop icon. After the utility is opened, you will see a screen like the one below.
Further, click “Next” button . Hitman Pro program will scan through the whole personal computer for the adware related to the Mytopgames.net pop-up ads. A system scan may take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your computer. When the scan is finished, Hitman Pro will open a list of all threats found by the scan as displayed on the image below.
Make sure to check mark the items which are unsafe and then click “Next” button. It will display a prompt, click the “Activate free license” button.
Use MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) to get rid of Mytopgames.net pop-up advertisements
Trying to remove Mytopgames.net pop-up advertisements can become a battle of wills between the adware infection and you. MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) can be a powerful ally, uninstalling most of today’s adware, malicious software and PUPs with ease. Here’s how to use MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) will help you win.
- Download MalwareBytes Free from the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your browser will display the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- When the downloading process is done, please close all apps and open windows on your machine. Double-click on the icon that’s called mb3-setup.
- This will open the “Setup wizard” of MalwareBytes Anti-Malware onto your machine. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes AntiMalware will launch and show the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan Now” button to perform a system scan for the adware which causes pop-ups. Depending on your computer, the scan may take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. While the MalwareBytes Anti-Malware program is scanning, you can see how many objects it has identified as threat.
- When MalwareBytes Free is complete scanning your system, you will be displayed the list of all found threats on your PC.
- All found items will be marked. You can delete them all by simply click the “Quarantine Selected” button. After the cleaning procedure is complete, you may be prompted to restart the personal computer.
- Close the Anti Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
How to block Mytopgames.net
It is important to use ad blocking applications like AdGuard to protect your personal computer from harmful web pages. Most security experts says that it is okay to stop advertisements. You should do so just to stay safe! And, of course, the AdGuard can to block Mytopgames.net and other annoying websites.
Click the link below to download the latest version of AdGuard for MS Windows. Save it on your Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
After downloading it, double-click the downloaded file to run it. The “Setup Wizard” window will show up on the computer screen as shown on the screen below.
Follow the prompts. AdGuard will then be installed and an icon will be placed on your desktop. A window will show up asking you to confirm that you want to see a quick guidance like below.
Click “Skip” button to close the window and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
Each time, when you start your computer, AdGuard will launch automatically and stop undesired ads, block Mytopgames.net, as well as other malicious or misleading web-pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which is located on your desktop.
To sum up
Now your PC system should be free of the adware responsible for Mytopgames.net pop up ads. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you stop unwanted ads and unwanted harmful web pages) and Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) (to periodically scan your PC for new malicious software, browser hijackers and adware). Make sure that you have all the Critical Updates recommended for MS Windows OS. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new browser hijackers, malicious programs and adware software are released.
If you are still having problems while trying to delete Mytopgames.net popup advertisements from your web-browser, then ask for help here.