Univerexplo.info is a deceptive website which uses social engineering to con users into registering for browser notification spam that go directly to the desktop or the web-browser. This webpage shows the ‘Confirm notifications’ prompt states that clicking ‘Allow’ will let you access the content of the web-page, connect to the Internet, verify that you are not a robot, download a file, watch a video, enable Flash Player, confirm that you are 18+, and so on.
Once click on the ‘Allow’, the Univerexplo.info webpage gets your permission to send spam notifications in form of popup adverts in the right bottom corner of your desktop. The browser notification spam will promote ‘free’ online games, fake prizes scams, questionable browser extensions, adult web-sites, and fake software like below.
If you are receiving spam notifications, you can get rid of Univerexplo.info subscription by going into your web browser’s settings and completing the Univerexplo.info removal guidance below. Once you remove notifications subscription, the Univerexplo.info popups advertisements will no longer display on the desktop.
How does your personal computer get infected with Univerexplo.info pop-ups
These Univerexplo.info pop-ups are caused by dubious advertisements on the web sites you visit or adware. Adware can make big problem to your PC system. Adware also known as ‘ad-supported’ software is harmful program that displays a large amount of adverts in form of popup windows, discounting deals, banners or even fake alerts on the computer. Adware software can seriously affect your privacy, your computer’s performance and security. Adware can be installed onto your machine without your knowledge.
Most of unwanted ads and pop-ups come from web browser toolbars and/or extensions, BHOs (browser helper objects) and additional apps. In many cases, these items claim itself as apps that improve your experience on the World Wide Web by providing a fast and interactive startpage or a search provider that does not track you. Remember, how to avoid the unwanted programs. Be cautious, launch only reputable applications which download from reputable sources. NEVER install any unknown and questionable programs.
|Type||push notifications ads, pop up advertisements, pop-up virus, popups|
|Distribution||PUPs, social engineering attack, suspicious pop up ads, adware softwares|
|Removal||Univerexplo.info removal guide|
Computer geeks and Myantispyware lab have teamed up to create the few simple steps that help users remove Univerexplo.info popup ads for free.
How to remove Univerexplo.info ads (removal steps)
We are presenting a few methods to get rid of Univerexplo.info pop up advertisements from the Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Chrome and MS Edge using only internal Microsoft Windows functions. Most of adware and potentially unwanted programs can be removed through these processes. If these steps does not help to remove Univerexplo.info ads, then it’s better to use a free malicious software removal tools linked below.
To remove Univerexplo.info pop ups, execute the following steps:
- How to get rid of Univerexplo.info pop-up ads without any software
- How to automatically remove Univerexplo.info pop-ups
- Block Univerexplo.info and other unwanted web pages
- To sum up
How to get rid of Univerexplo.info pop-up ads without any software
In this section of the article, we have posted the steps that will help to get rid of Univerexplo.info pop ups manually. Although compared to removal utilities, this way loses in time, but you don’t need to install anything on the personal computer. It will be enough for you to follow the detailed instructions with pictures. We tried to describe each step in detail, but if you realized that you might not be able to figure it out, or simply do not want to change the Microsoft Windows and internet browser settings, then it’s better for you to use tools from trusted developers, which are listed below.
Uninstall newly installed adware
First, you should try to identify and delete the program that causes the appearance of undesired ads or web-browser redirect, using the ‘Uninstall a program’ which is located in the ‘Control panel’.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Click the Microsoft Windows logo, and then click Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter as displayed on the image below.
Once the ‘Control Panel’ opens, click the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as shown in the following example.
Windows 7, Vista, XP
Open Start menu and choose the ‘Control Panel’ at right as shown in the following example.
Then go to ‘Add/Remove Programs’ or ‘Uninstall a program’ (Microsoft Windows 7 or Vista) such as the one below.
Carefully browse through the list of installed applications and get rid of all dubious and unknown software. We suggest to click ‘Installed programs’ and even sorts all installed apps by date. After you have found anything dubious that may be the adware software responsible for Univerexplo.info pop ups or other PUP (potentially unwanted program), then select this program and click ‘Uninstall’ in the upper part of the window. If the questionable program blocked from removal, then use Revo Uninstaller Freeware to fully remove it from your machine.
Remove Univerexplo.info notifications from internet browsers
If you have clicked the “Allow” button in the Univerexplo.info pop up and gave a notification permission, you should delete this notification permission first from your web browser settings. To remove the Univerexplo.info permission to send push notifications to your computer, use the steps below. These steps are for MS Windows, Apple Mac and Android.
- Just copy and paste the following text into the address bar of Chrome.
- Press Enter.
- Remove the Univerexplo.info URL and other dubious URLs by clicking three vertical dots button next to each and selecting ‘Remove’.
- Tap ‘Settings’.
- Tap ‘Notifications’.
- Find and tap the internet browser which displays Univerexplo.info browser notification spam advertisements.
- Find Univerexplo.info URL in the list and disable it.
- Click the Menu button (three bars) on the top right hand corner.
- In the menu go to ‘Options’, in the menu on the left go to ‘Privacy & Security’.
- Scroll down to ‘Permissions’ section and click ‘Settings…’ button next to ‘Notifications’.
- Locate sites you down’t want to see notifications from (for example, Univerexplo.info), click on drop-down menu next to each and select ‘Block’.
- Click ‘Save Changes’ button.
- In the top-right corner, click on the three dots to expand the Edge menu.
- Scroll down, find and click ‘Settings’. In the left side select ‘Advanced’.
- Click ‘Manage permissions’ button, located beneath ‘Website permissions’.
- Right-click the Univerexplo.info site. Click ‘Delete’.
- In the top right corner of the window, click on the gear icon (menu button).
- Select ‘Internet options’.
- Select the ‘Privacy’ tab and click ‘Settings under ‘Pop-up Blocker’ section.
- Locate the Univerexplo.info and click the ‘Remove’ button to remove the domain.
- On the top menu select ‘Safari’, then ‘Preferences’.
- Select the ‘Websites’ tab and then select ‘Notifications’ section on the left panel.
- Find the Univerexplo.info site and select it, click the ‘Deny’ button.
Remove Univerexplo.info ads from Google Chrome
This step will show you how to reset Google Chrome browser settings to original settings. This can remove Univerexplo.info popup ads and fix some surfing issues, especially after adware infection. It’ll keep your personal information such as browsing history, bookmarks, passwords and web form auto-fill data.
- First launch the Google Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will display the Google Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then press Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the plugin labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following tutorial: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Google Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset” button.
- The Google Chrome will open the reset profile settings page as shown on the image above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this process is complete, your web browser’s default search provider, start page and new tab will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Remove Univerexplo.info pop ups from Microsoft Internet Explorer
The Microsoft Internet Explorer reset is great if your web-browser is hijacked or you have unwanted add-ons or toolbars on your web-browser, that installed by an malicious software.
First, open the IE, then press ‘gear’ icon . It will open the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the web browser, then click the “Internet Options” as displayed below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then click the “Reset” button. The IE will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” prompt. Further, press the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, press the “Reset” button such as the one below.
Once the procedure is done, press “Close” button. Close the Internet Explorer and restart your computer for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your internet browser’s startpage, search provider by default and newtab to default state.
Remove Univerexplo.info from Firefox by resetting browser settings
If the Mozilla Firefox web browser program is hijacked, then resetting its settings can help. The Reset feature is available on all modern version of Firefox. A reset can fix many issues by restoring Mozilla Firefox settings such as homepage, new tab and default search engine to their default state. However, your saved bookmarks and passwords will not be lost. This will not affect your history, passwords, bookmarks, and other saved data.
Click the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and click the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu as displayed on the image below.
A small menu will appear, click the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, press “Refresh Firefox” button like below.
Follow the onscreen procedure to restore your Firefox internet browser settings to their original settings.
How to automatically remove Univerexplo.info pop-ups
Anti Malware programs differ from each other by many features like performance, scheduled scans, automatic updates, virus signature database, technical support, compatibility with other antivirus applications and so on. We recommend you run the following free programs: Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM), MalwareBytes and Hitman Pro. Each of these programs has all of needed features, but most importantly, they can identify the adware and get rid of Univerexplo.info pop up advertisements from the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer and MS Edge.
Remove Univerexplo.info ads with Zemana
Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) is a program which is used for malware, adware software, hijackers and PUPs removal. The program is one of the most efficient anti malware utilities. It helps in malicious software removal and and defends all other types of security threats. One of the biggest advantages of using Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) is that is easy to use and is free. Also, it constantly keeps updating its virus/malware signatures DB. Let’s see how to install and check your PC system with Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) in order to delete Univerexplo.info ads from your machine.
Installing the Zemana Free is simple. First you will need to download Zemana Anti-Malware from the link below. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
Once the downloading process is complete, close all windows on your PC. Further, open the setup file called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. If the “User Account Control” prompt pops up as shown on the screen below, click the “Yes” button.
It will display the “Setup wizard” which will help you install Zemana Free on the personal computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once install is complete successfully, Zemana will automatically start and you can see its main window like the one below.
Next, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this utility for the adware that causes Univerexplo.info pop up advertisements. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient. When a malicious software, adware software or potentially unwanted apps are found, the number of the security threats will change accordingly.
As the scanning ends, a list of all items found is created. Next, you need to click “Next” button.
The Zemana Anti Malware will get rid of adware that causes multiple undesired pop ups and add threats to the Quarantine. After the process is finished, you can be prompted to restart your PC.
Get rid of Univerexplo.info pop-ups from web-browsers with Hitman Pro
Hitman Pro is a completely free (30 day trial) utility. You do not need expensive solutions to delete adware that causes Univerexplo.info pop ups and other shady apps. Hitman Pro will remove all the undesired apps like adware and browser hijacker infections at zero cost.
Please go to the link below to download Hitman Pro. Save it on your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
After downloading is done, open the directory in which you saved it. You will see an icon like below.
Double click the HitmanPro desktop icon. Once the utility is opened, you will see a screen as shown in the following example.
Further, click “Next” button for scanning your personal computer for the adware which causes unwanted Univerexplo.info popup ads. After the scan is complete, a list of all threats detected is produced as shown on the screen below.
Make sure to check mark the threats that are unsafe and then press “Next” button. It will open a prompt, click the “Activate free license” button.
Run MalwareBytes Anti Malware to remove Univerexplo.info advertisements
Remove Univerexplo.info ads manually is difficult and often the adware is not fully removed. Therefore, we recommend you to run the MalwareBytes Free that are fully clean your system. Moreover, this free application will help you to remove malware, potentially unwanted applications, toolbars and browser hijackers that your personal computer can be infected too.
- Download MalwareBytes on your computer by clicking on the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web browser will open the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- When the download is done, please close all applications and open windows on your system. Double-click on the icon that’s called mb3-setup.
- This will launch the “Setup wizard” of MalwareBytes Anti Malware onto your PC. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes Free will run and show the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button to perform a system scan with this utility for the adware that cause intrusive Univerexplo.info popup advertisements. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient. While the MalwareBytes tool is checking, you can see how many objects it has identified as being affected by malicious software.
- After MalwareBytes Anti-Malware has completed scanning your machine, MalwareBytes Free will display a screen which contains a list of malicious software that has been detected.
- Make sure all threats have ‘checkmark’ and click the “Quarantine Selected” button. Once the cleaning procedure is done, you may be prompted to reboot the personal computer.
- Close the AntiMalware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Block Univerexplo.info and other unwanted web pages
By installing an ad blocking program like AdGuard, you are able to stop Univerexplo.info, autoplaying video ads and remove tons of distracting and annoying ads on web-pages.
- AdGuard can be downloaded from the following link. Save it directly to your Microsoft Windows Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After downloading is complete, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- When the installation is finished, click “Skip” to close the install program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you run your PC, AdGuard will launch automatically and stop unwanted ads, block Univerexplo.info, as well as other malicious or misleading web sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
To sum up
Once you’ve done the steps shown above, your computer should be clean from this adware and other malicious software. The IE, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge and Mozilla Firefox will no longer open annoying Univerexplo.info webpage when you browse the Web. Unfortunately, if the steps does not help you, then you have caught a new adware, and then the best way – ask for help.
Please create a new question by using the “Ask Question” button in the Questions and Answers. Try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately. Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the unwanted Univerexplo.info popups.