If your antivirus software detects IDP.Generic then it indicates that your personal computer is affected by malware. This malicious software is automatically installed, without notification or user consent. Therefore, many users aren’t even aware that their computer has been infected by malicious software.
If you still are not sure that your PC system is infected with malware, then check your system for the common symptoms of this infection:
- your web browser shows ads where previously you have never seen;
- Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, MS Edge and Internet Explorer shows a huge number of undesired advertisements;
- browser settings such as startpage and search engine are hijacked;
- your antivirus software detects an infection;
- Internet connection may be slow.
While the IDP.Generic is active, you won’t be able to return your personal computer settings. But this does not mean that you should just ignore it or get along with this fact. Because this is not the best option, due to the IDP.Generic virus you can have problems with your PC system and internet browsers, undesired ads and even confidential data theft.
|Removal||IDP.Generic virus removal guide|
Please follow the easy rules in order to protect your PC system from any malware: don’t install dubious programs, read the user agreement and choose only the Custom, Manual or Advanced setup method, don’t rush to press the Next button. Also, always try to find a review of the program on the World Wide Web. Be careful and attentive!
The guidance below explaining steps to delete IDP.Generic problem. Feel free to use it for removal of this virus that may attack Windows 10 and other popular versions of MS Windows OS. The step-by-step tutorial will also help you revert back your PC system settings that previously changed by this virus.
How to Remove IDP.Generic virus from Windows 10 (8, 7, XP)
Most often this malware requires more than a simple uninstall through the use of Windows Control panel in order to be fully uninstalled. For that reason, our team developed several removal solutions which we have combined in a detailed guidance. Therefore, if you have the IDP.Generic virus on your PC and are currently trying to have it removed then feel free to follow the few simple steps below in order to resolve your problem. Certain of the steps will require you to reboot your machine or exit this website. So, read this guide carefully, then bookmark or print it for later reference.
To remove IDP.Generic, complete the steps below:
- Delete IDP.Generic associated software by using Microsoft Windows Control Panel
- Use Zemana Free to remove IDP.Generic virus
- Scan and free your computer of virus with HitmanPro
- Remove IDP.Generic with MalwareBytes Free
- Remove IDP.Generic virus from Google Chrome
- Remove IDP.Generic virus from Mozilla Firefox
- Get rid of IDP.Generic from IE
- How to stay safe online
- To sum up
Delete IDP.Generic associated software by using Microsoft Windows Control Panel
In order to remove IDP.Generic, first thing you need to do is to remove unknown and questionable applications from your computer using MS Windows control panel. When removing this virus, check the list of installed programs and try to find suspicious programs and delete them all. Pay special attention to recently installed software, as it is most likely that the IDP.Generic virus сame along with it.
Press Windows button , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then click “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will show the Windows Control Panel like below.
Further, click “Uninstall a program”
It will open a list of all applications installed on your PC. Scroll through the all list, and delete any questionable and unknown apps.
Use Zemana Free to remove IDP.Generic virus
Zemana can scan for all kinds of malware, including adware software and spyware, as well as a variety of Trojans, viruses and rootkits. After the detection of IDP.Generic virus, you can easily and quickly get rid of it.
- Installing the Zemana is simple. First you will need to download Zemana Free on your PC from the following link.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your browser will open the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- Once the download is done, please close all apps and open windows on your machine. Next, start a file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will start the “Setup wizard” of Zemana Free onto your computer. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana Free will open and open the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button to start checking your machine for the IDP.Generic virus, other kinds of potential threats like malware and trojans. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the count of files on your computer and the speed of your machine. While the Zemana utility is checking, you can see how many objects it has identified as being infected by malicious software.
- As the scanning ends, Zemana will show a list of all items found by the scan.
- Once you’ve selected what you want to remove from your system click the “Next” button. The tool will remove IDP.Generic, other malware and trojans and move threats to the program’s quarantine. Once the cleaning process is finished, you may be prompted to reboot the system.
- Close the Zemana and continue with the next step.
Scan and free your computer of virus with HitmanPro
If the IDP.Generic problem persists, use the HitmanPro and check if your system is affected by malicious software. The Hitman Pro is a downloadable security utility that provides on-demand scanning and helps remove adware, PUPs, trojans, worms, and other malware. It works with your existing anti-virus.
- Visit the page linked below to download HitmanPro. Save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- Once the download is done, double click the HitmanPro icon. Once this tool is started, press “Next” button . HitmanPro utility will begin scanning the whole PC to find out IDP.Generic related files, folders and registry keys. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your PC system.
- Once that process is complete, a list of all items detected is created. Review the report and then press “Next” button. Now press the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to remove all malicious software found.
Remove IDP.Generic with MalwareBytes Free
We recommend using the MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM). You may download and install MalwareBytes to locate and delete IDP.Generic virus from your machine. When installed and updated, this free malware remover automatically detects and removes all threats exist on the PC system.
Visit the page linked below to download the latest version of MalwareBytes Anti-Malware for MS Windows. Save it on your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
Once the download is finished, close all windows on your computer. Further, start the file called mb3-setup. If the “User Account Control” dialog box pops up as shown below, press the “Yes” button.
It will show the “Setup wizard” which will allow you setup MalwareBytes Anti Malware on the machine. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
Once setup is finished successfully, press Finish button. Then MalwareBytes will automatically launch and you can see its main window like below.
Next, click the “Scan Now” button to begin checking your machine for the IDP.Generic, other kinds of potential threats like malware and trojans.
Once finished, MalwareBytes Free will show a list of found items. All detected threats will be marked. You can get rid of them all by simply click “Quarantine Selected” button.
The MalwareBytes Free will delete IDP.Generic virus related files, folders and registry keys. Once finished, you may be prompted to reboot your computer. We suggest you look at the following video, which completely explains the process of using the MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) to remove browser hijackers, adware and other malicious software.
Remove IDP.Generic virus from Google Chrome
Another method to remove changes to internet browser settings created by IDP.Generic virus is Reset Google Chrome settings. This will disable harmful extensions and reset Google Chrome settings including newtab page, home page and default search engine to original settings. However, your saved bookmarks and passwords will not be lost. This will not affect your history, passwords, bookmarks, and other saved data.
- First start the Google Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will display the Google Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed plugins. If the list has the addon labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following steps: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, press the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Google Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset” button.
- The Google Chrome will show the reset profile settings page as on the image above.
- Next press the “Reset” button.
- Once this task is complete, your browser’s newtab page, default search provider and start page will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Remove IDP.Generic virus from Mozilla Firefox
If the Mozilla Firefox internet browser program is affected by the IDP.Generic virus, then resetting its settings can help. The Reset feature is available on all modern version of Mozilla Firefox. A reset can fix many issues by restoring Firefox settings to their original settings. It will save your personal information like saved passwords, bookmarks, auto-fill data and open tabs.
First, open the Firefox and press button. It will display the drop-down menu on the right-part of the web browser. Further, click the Help button () as displayed on the image below.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the internet browser adress bar and press Enter. It will open the “Troubleshooting Information” page as displayed below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, press the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will show the confirmation prompt. Further, click the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Mozilla Firefox will start a task to fix your problems that caused by the IDP.Generic virus. After, it is finished, click the “Finish” button.
Get rid of IDP.Generic from IE
By resetting Microsoft Internet Explorer browser you restore your internet browser settings to its default state. This is good initial when troubleshooting problems that might have been caused by the IDP.Generic virus.
First, run the IE. Next, click the button in the form of gear (). It will display the Tools drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options” as displayed in the figure below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as displayed below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click “Reset” button.
You will now need to restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
How to stay safe online
Use ad-blocker application such as AdGuard in order to block ads, malvertisements, pop-ups and online trackers, avoid having to install harmful and adware browser plug-ins and add-ons which affect your machine performance and impact your system security. Surf the Web anonymously and stay safe online!
- AdGuard can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your MS Windows desktop or in any other place.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After downloading it, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- When the setup is finished, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your computer, AdGuard will run automatically and stop unwanted advertisements, block malicious or misleading web pages. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon called AdGuard, that is located on your desktop.
To sum up
Now your computer should be free of the IDP.Generic virus. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted popups and intrusive harmful web-sites) and Zemana Free (to periodically scan your personal computer for new malicious software, hijackers and adware). Make sure that you have all the Critical Updates recommended for Windows OS. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new browser hijackers, malicious applications and adware software are released.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove IDP.Generic virus from your machine, then ask for help here.