If you keep getting unwanted Feedmedia.me pop-ups, ads, or notifications, while surfing online using the Firefox, Chrome, Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer, then it’s a sign that you have an undesired software from Adware (sometimes called ‘ad-supported’ software) group installed on your computer.
Adware – What Is It? Adware’s basic purpose is to present ads. These ads are often shown as advertising links, pop-ups or push notifications. Clicks on the ads produce a monetary payoff for the software producers. Adware can work like Spyware, since it sends personal info such as searches and trends to advertisers.
Even worse, adware software can have spyware and keyloggers built into the program, leading to greater damage to your personal computer and possible invasion of your privacy data.
According to computer security specialists, Feedmedia.me is a web site which uses the browser notification feature to deceive you and other unsuspecting victims into subscribing to push notifications. It will display a ‘Click Allow to continue’ message, asking you to subscribe to notifications. If you click the ‘Allow’ button, then your web browser will be configured to show pop-up adverts in the lower right corner of the desktop. The browser notification spam will promote ‘free’ online games, free gifts scams, dubious web browser add-ons, adult web-pages, and fake downloads as on the image below.
In order to delete Feedmedia.me push notifications open the browser’s settings, type ‘Notifications’ in the search, open ‘Notifications’ settings. Find the Feedmedia.me, click the three vertical dots on the right (only for Chrome), select ‘Remove’ (‘Block’) or complete the Feedmedia.me removal steps below. Once you delete notifications subscription, the Feedmedia.me pop-ups ads will no longer appear on your desktop.
|Type||adware, potentially unwanted application (PUA), pop-ups, pop-up ads, pop-up virus|
|Removal||Feedmedia.me removal guide|
To find out how to delete Feedmedia.me pop up ads, we suggest to read the few simple steps added to this post below. The guide was prepared by experienced security experts who discovered a solution to remove the annoying adware software out of the computer.
How to remove Feedmedia.me pop-ups, ads, notifications (Removal tutorial)
The answer is right here on this web-page. We have put together simplicity and efficiency. It will help you easily to free your system of adware which cause pop ups. Moreover, you may choose manual or automatic removal way. If you’re familiar with the PC then use manual removal, otherwise use the free anti malware utility created specifically to remove adware. Of course, you can combine both methods. Read this manual carefully, bookmark or print it, because you may need to close your internet browser or reboot your computer.
To remove Feedmedia.me pop ups, follow the steps below:
- Remove Feedmedia.me pop-ups without any utilities
- How to remove Feedmedia.me pop ups with freeware
- Run AdBlocker to block Feedmedia.me and stay safe online
- Finish words
Remove Feedmedia.me pop-ups without any utilities
Most common adware may be deleted without any antivirus applications. The manual adware removal is steps that will teach you how to remove the Feedmedia.me advertisements.
Uninstall unwanted or recently installed apps
When troubleshooting a machine, one common step is go to Microsoft Windows Control Panel and delete suspicious programs. The same approach will be used in the removal of Feedmedia.me ads. Please use steps based on your Microsoft Windows version.
Press Windows button , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then click “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will show the Windows Control Panel as shown on the screen below.
Further, click “Uninstall a program”
It will open a list of all applications installed on your PC system. Scroll through the all list, and uninstall any suspicious and unknown applications.
Delete Feedmedia.me pop up advertisements from Firefox
This step will allow you remove Feedmedia.me ads, third-party toolbars, disable malicious addons and return your default homepage, newtab and search provider settings.
First, open the Mozilla Firefox and click button. It will show the drop-down menu on the right-part of the web browser. Further, click the Help button () as on the image below.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the internet browser adress bar and press Enter. It will open the “Troubleshooting Information” page as shown below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, click the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will open the confirmation prompt. Further, click the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Firefox will start a task to fix your problems that caused by the Feedmedia.me adware software. When, it is finished, press the “Finish” button.
Remove Feedmedia.me pop-up ads from Chrome
Another solution to delete Feedmedia.me popup advertisements from Google Chrome is Reset Chrome settings. This will disable harmful extensions and reset Google Chrome settings to original state. It will keep your personal information such as browsing history, bookmarks, passwords and web form auto-fill data.
- First run the Google Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will open the Google Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then press Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guide: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Google Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset” button.
- The Google Chrome will display the reset profile settings page as shown on the image above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this procedure is done, your internet browser’s startpage, newtab page and search provider by default will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Delete Feedmedia.me pop ups from Internet Explorer
By resetting Internet Explorer browser you return your internet browser settings to its default state. This is good initial when troubleshooting problems that might have been caused by adware that cause annoying Feedmedia.me popup ads.
First, open the Internet Explorer. Next, click the button in the form of gear (). It will show the Tools drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options” as shown on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as shown in the figure below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then press “Reset” button.
You will now need to restart your machine for the changes to take effect.
How to remove Feedmedia.me pop ups with freeware
Manual removal is not always as effective as you might think. Often, even the most experienced users can not completely delete adware which cause pop ups. So, we recommend to check your system for any remaining harmful components with free adware removal software below.
How to get rid of Feedmedia.me pop-up advertisements with Zemana Free
We recommend using the Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM). You can download and install Zemana to detect and remove Feedmedia.me pop-up ads from the Google Chrome, Firefox, MS Edge and Microsoft Internet Explorer web-browsers. When installed and updated, the malware remover will automatically scan and detect all threats present on your PC system.
Click the link below to download Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM). Save it directly to your MS Windows Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
Once the downloading process is done, start it and follow the prompts. Once installed, the Zemana Anti-Malware will try to update itself and when this process is complete, press the “Scan” button to find adware responsible for Feedmedia.me popup ads.
This task can take some time, so please be patient. When a threat is detected, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the scanning is complete. Next, you need to click “Next” button.
The Zemana Anti Malware will remove adware software that causes multiple undesired pop-ups.
Scan your PC and get rid of Feedmedia.me popups with HitmanPro
If the Feedmedia.me popup advertisements issue persists, use the HitmanPro and check if your PC is infected by adware. The Hitman Pro is a downloadable security tool that provides on-demand scanning and allows get rid of adware, PUPs, and other malware. It works with your existing antivirus software.
- HitmanPro can be downloaded from the following link. Save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- After the downloading process is finished, run the HitmanPro, double-click the HitmanPro.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, click Yes to continue.
- In the Hitman Pro window, click the “Next” to perform a system scan for the adware software responsible for Feedmedia.me ads. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your machine and the speed of your machine. When a malware, adware or potentially unwanted apps are detected, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the scanning is done.
- As the scanning ends, you will be displayed the list of all found items on your computer. Review the results once the utility has complete the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply click “Next”. Now, press the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to get rid of all malicious software found.
Run MalwareBytes AntiMalware to remove Feedmedia.me pop-ups
We recommend using the MalwareBytes Free. You may download and install MalwareBytes to detect adware and thereby remove Feedmedia.me advertisements from your web-browsers. When installed and updated, this free malicious software remover automatically scans for and deletes all threats present on the system.
Please go to the link below to download MalwareBytes. Save it on your MS Windows desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: July 25, 2019
Once downloading is finished, close all windows on your computer. Further, start the file named mb3-setup. If the “User Account Control” prompt pops up as displayed in the figure below, press the “Yes” button.
It will open the “Setup wizard” which will assist you setup MalwareBytes AntiMalware on the system. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once installation is done successfully, click Finish button. Then MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) will automatically launch and you can see its main window like below.
Next, click the “Scan Now” button . MalwareBytes Free utility will start scanning the whole PC system to find out adware which cause unwanted Feedmedia.me pop-ups. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your computer. During the scan MalwareBytes will locate threats present on your PC system.
When MalwareBytes Free has finished scanning, MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) will display a list of detected threats. Next, you need to press “Quarantine Selected” button.
The MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) will remove adware that cause pop ups and move items to the program’s quarantine. When the cleaning process is done, you can be prompted to reboot your PC. We advise you look at the following video, which completely explains the process of using the MalwareBytes Free to remove browser hijackers, adware and other malware.
Run AdBlocker to block Feedmedia.me and stay safe online
Enabling an ad blocker program such as AdGuard is an effective way to alleviate the risks. Additionally, ad-blocker apps will also protect you from harmful ads and web-sites, and, of course, stop redirection chain to Feedmedia.me and similar websites.
- Installing the AdGuard is simple. First you will need to download AdGuard on your Microsoft Windows Desktop from the link below.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After downloading it, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is complete, press “Skip” to close the setup program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you start your PC system, AdGuard will start automatically and stop undesired advertisements, block Feedmedia.me, as well as other harmful or misleading web sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon called AdGuard, that is located on your desktop.
After completing the step-by-step guide outlined above, your machine should be clean from this adware software and other malware. The IE, Microsoft Edge, Chrome and Mozilla Firefox will no longer show unwanted Feedmedia.me web-site when you surf the Net. Unfortunately, if the step-by-step guidance does not help you, then you have caught a new adware software, and then the best way – ask for help.
Please create a new question by using the “Ask Question” button in the Questions and Answers. Try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately. Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the undesired Feedmedia.me pop up advertisements.