Q. How do I stop Install.utilitooltech.com pop-ups and other pop-up ads from ‘flooding’ my web-browser? I have had no luck blocking them using ad blocking extension. If anyone has any solutions for me I would greatly appreciate it.
A. If you’re experiencing various pop up advertisements, redirections to websites you did not intend to visit, then most probably that your machine is infected with the obnoxious adware (sometimes called ‘ad-supported’ software).
What is Adware?
Adware is designed for the purpose of displaying numerous popup deals and/or unwanted adverts on the affected computer without the user’s permission. It’s important, do not click on these ads, as they can lead you to more malicious or misleading webpages. Adware usually gets installed alongside free programs, codecs and shareware.
The worst is, adware has the ability to gather and transmit sensitive information without your knowledge. Adware software be able to track information about webpages visited, web-browser and system information, and your PC IP address.
|Type||adware, PUP (potentially unwanted program), pop-ups, popup ads, popup virus|
|Symptoms||advertising banners appear in places they shouldn’t be, webpage links redirect to webpages different from what you expected, new entries appear in your Programs folder, new toolbars suddenly installed on your browser, your internet browser search provider has changed without your permission, you are unable to update your security apps, slow Internet browsing speeds, your PC starts performing very slowly|
|Removal||Follow the steps below in order to get rid of Install.utilitooltech.com pop-ups.|
How to Remove Install.utilitooltech.com pop-ups, ads, notifications
There exist several free adware removal tools. Also it is possible to remove Install.utilitooltech.com ads manually. But we suggest to combine all these methods below into the one removal algorithm. Follow the steps of the instructions. Certain of the steps below will require you to exit this web site. So, please read the steps carefully, after that bookmark or print it for later reference.
To remove Install.utilitooltech.com pop-ups, execute the following steps:
- How to get rid of Install.utilitooltech.com pop up advertisements without any software
- How to remove Install.utilitooltech.com popup advertisements automatically
- How to block Install.utilitooltech.com
- How does your system get infected with adware
- To sum up
How to get rid of Install.utilitooltech.com pop up advertisements without any software
The adware can change your internet browser settings and reroute you to the web sites which may contain tons of advertisements or various security threats, such as hijacker, malicious software or PUPs. Not every antivirus application can find and delete adware easily from your PC system. Follow the step-by-step guide below and you can remove Install.utilitooltech.com pop up advertisements by yourself.
Delete PUPs through the Microsoft Windows Control Panel
When troubleshooting a personal computer, one common step is go to MS Windows Control Panel and remove dubious apps. The same approach will be used in the removal of Install.utilitooltech.com popups. Please use steps based on your MS Windows version.
Press Windows button , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then press “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will open the Windows Control Panel as shown on the screen below.
Further, click “Uninstall a program”
It will display a list of all programs installed on your machine. Scroll through the all list, and uninstall any suspicious and unknown apps.
Get rid of Install.utilitooltech.com pop ups from IE
In order to recover all internet browser default search engine, startpage and new tab you need to reset the Internet Explorer to the state, which was when the Microsoft Windows was installed on your machine.
First, open the Microsoft Internet Explorer, then click ‘gear’ icon . It will show the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the browser, then click the “Internet Options” like below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then click the “Reset” button. The IE will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” dialog box. Further, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, press the “Reset” button as displayed in the following example.
Once the procedure is finished, click “Close” button. Close the Microsoft Internet Explorer and reboot your PC for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your web-browser’s newtab, homepage and search provider to default state.
Get rid of Install.utilitooltech.com ads from Mozilla Firefox
Resetting Firefox browser will reset all the settings to their default values and will remove Install.utilitooltech.com pop-ups, malicious add-ons and extensions. However, your themes, bookmarks, history, passwords, and web form auto-fill information will not be deleted.
First, launch the Firefox and press button. It will display the drop-down menu on the right-part of the browser. Further, press the Help button () as on the image below.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the browser adress bar and press Enter. It will display the “Troubleshooting Information” page like below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, click the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will show the confirmation dialog box. Further, click the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Mozilla Firefox will begin a process to fix your problems that caused by the Install.utilitooltech.com adware. When, it is finished, click the “Finish” button.
Remove Install.utilitooltech.com pop up ads from Chrome
Reset Google Chrome will assist you to remove Install.utilitooltech.com pop-up advertisements from your browser as well as to restore browser settings infected by adware. All unwanted, malicious and ‘ad-supported’ addons will also be removed from the web-browser. However, your saved bookmarks and passwords will not be lost. This will not affect your history, passwords, bookmarks, and other saved data.
- First, launch the Chrome and press the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will show the Google Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then press Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the plugin labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following instructions: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, press “Advanced” link, which located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Chrome will show the reset settings dialog box as shown on the image above.
- Confirm the web-browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
How to remove Install.utilitooltech.com popup advertisements automatically
Using a malware removal tool to search for and get rid of adware hiding on your system is probably the simplest solution to get rid of the Install.utilitooltech.com pop ups. We recommends the Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) application for Microsoft Windows PCs. HitmanPro and MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) are other antimalware utilities for Windows that offers a free malicious software removal.
Remove Install.utilitooltech.com advertisements with Zemana Free
Zemana highly recommended, because it can scan for security threats such adware and malware that most ‘classic’ antivirus apps fail to pick up on. Moreover, if you have any Install.utilitooltech.com popup ads removal problems which cannot be fixed by this utility automatically, then Zemana AntiMalware provides 24X7 online assistance from the highly experienced support staff.
- Zemana AntiMalware can be downloaded from the following link. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your internet browser will open the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- After downloading is complete, please close all software and open windows on your PC system. Next, start a file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will run the “Setup wizard” of Zemana Anti Malware onto your computer. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) will open and show the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this tool for the adware responsible for Install.utilitooltech.com advertisements. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your PC. While the Zemana Free tool is scanning, you may see how many objects it has identified as being affected by malware.
- As the scanning ends, the results are displayed in the scan report.
- Once you have selected what you want to delete from your personal computer click the “Next” button. The utility will get rid of adware software which causes unwanted Install.utilitooltech.com advertisements. Once the clean-up is done, you may be prompted to reboot the computer.
- Close the Zemana Free and continue with the next step.
Use Hitman Pro to remove Install.utilitooltech.com pop up advertisements from web-browser
If the Install.utilitooltech.com pop ups issue persists, use the Hitman Pro and scan if your personal computer is hijacked by adware. The HitmanPro is a downloadable security utility that provides on-demand scanning and helps remove adware, potentially unwanted applications, and other malicious software. It works with your existing antivirus software.
- Download HitmanPro on your Windows Desktop from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- When the downloading process is finished, double click the Hitman Pro icon. Once this tool is launched, press “Next” button to start scanning your computer for the adware software which cause pop ups. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your computer. While the tool is checking, you may see count of objects and files has already scanned.
- When that process is done, HitmanPro will display a list of detected items. In order to delete all items, simply click “Next” button. Now click the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to remove all malicious software found.
How to delete Install.utilitooltech.com with MalwareBytes
If you’re having problems with Install.utilitooltech.com pop-ups removal, then check out MalwareBytes Free. This is a utility that can help clean up your computer and improve your speeds for free. Find out more below.
Installing the MalwareBytes Anti Malware is simple. First you’ll need to download MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) on your personal computer by clicking on the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
When the downloading process is finished, close all apps and windows on your PC system. Double-click the setup file called mb3-setup. If the “User Account Control” dialog box pops up as shown in the following example, click the “Yes” button.
It will open the “Setup wizard” that will help you install MalwareBytes Anti Malware on your computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once setup is complete successfully, press Finish button. MalwareBytes will automatically start and you can see its main screen as shown on the image below.
Now click the “Scan Now” button . MalwareBytes tool will begin scanning the whole PC system to find out adware software related to the Install.utilitooltech.com pop up advertisements. While the tool is checking, you may see how many objects and files has already scanned.
Once that process is finished, a list of all items found is produced. Review the report and then click “Quarantine Selected” button. The MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) will remove adware software that cause popups. Once the cleaning procedure is done, you may be prompted to restart the machine.
We suggest you look at the following video, which completely explains the process of using the MalwareBytes Free to delete adware, hijacker infection and other malware.
How to block Install.utilitooltech.com
One of the worst things is the fact that you cannot stop all those annoying webpages like Install.utilitooltech.com using only built-in Microsoft Windows capabilities. However, there is a program out that you can use to stop intrusive internet browser redirects, advertisements and popups in any modern web-browsers including Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome. It’s named Adguard and it works very well.
Download AdGuard from the link below.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
When the download is complete, double-click the downloaded file to start it. The “Setup Wizard” window will show up on the computer screen as on the image below.
Follow the prompts. AdGuard will then be installed and an icon will be placed on your desktop. A window will show up asking you to confirm that you want to see a quick instructions as shown in the following example.
Click “Skip” button to close the window and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick guide which will help you get to know AdGuard better.
Each time, when you run your computer, AdGuard will launch automatically and stop unwanted ads, block Install.utilitooltech.com, as well as other harmful or misleading web pages. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which is located on your desktop.
How does your system get infected with adware
The adware commonly comes on the PC system with free programs. In many cases, it comes without the user’s knowledge. Therefore, many users aren’t even aware that their PC has been hijacked with PUPs. Please follow the easy rules in order to protect your PC system from potentially unwanted software and adware software: don’t install any suspicious applications, read the user agreement and choose only the Custom, Manual or Advanced setup method, don’t rush to click the Next button. Also, always try to find a review of the program on the Internet. Be careful and attentive!
To sum up
Once you have finished the few simple steps outlined above, your computer should be clean from adware which causes undesired Install.utilitooltech.com advertisements and other malware. The Google Chrome, Firefox, Edge and IE will no longer redirect you to various undesired web-pages such as Install.utilitooltech.com. Unfortunately, if the few simple steps does not help you, then you have caught a new adware software, and then the best way – ask for help here.