If you find that your web-browser is being re-directed to unwanted web-site named ‘Minently.com‘ then most likely that your personal computer has been hijacked with the nasty adware (also known as ‘adware software’).
How can Adware be dangerous to your PC system?
Adware is a type of invasive apps — which can hijack computers — automatically reroute your internet browser to certain web pages so the owners of those sites can get money by displaying advertisements to visitors.
Other warning signs of adware software infection:
- you experience a ton of of unexpected advertising popups
- every time you perform an Internet search, your web browser is redirected to another web-page
- there is an unexpected program in the ‘Uninstall a program’ section of your Control Panel
- you are unable to update your security software
Even worse, adware software can collect your surfing history and sensitive info, including passwords and credit card numbers. In the future, personal info about you can be transferred to third parties.
If you are unfortunate have adware or malware running on your system, you can follow the steps here to remove Minently.com pop-up ads from your internet browser.
How to Remove Minently.com redirect (removal guidance)
We are presenting a few ways to get rid of Minently.com pop ups from the Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge using only internal Windows functions. Most of adware and potentially unwanted applications can be deleted via these processes. If these steps does not help to get rid of Minently.com pop up ads, then it is better to use a free malicious software removal tools linked below.
To remove Minently.com redirect, use the following steps:
- Manual Minently.com ads removal
- Run free malware removal utilities to completely delete Minently.com redirect
- How to block Minently.com
- How did you get infected with adware software
- To sum up
Manual Minently.com ads removal
The useful removal steps for the Minently.com redirect. The detailed procedure can be followed by anyone as it really does take you step-by-step. If you follow this process to get rid of Minently.com redirect let us know how you managed by sending us your comments please.
Remove adware through the Windows Control Panel
Some programs are free only because their installer contains an adware. This unwanted applications generates revenue for the makers when it is installed. More often this adware can be uninstalled by simply uninstalling it from the ‘Uninstall a Program’ that is located in MS Windows control panel.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then press Windows button, next click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then click “Start” button and press “Control Panel”.
- It will show the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, press “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will open a list of all applications installed on the PC system.
- Scroll through the all list, and delete dubious and unknown applications. To quickly find the latest installed applications, we recommend sort programs by date.
See more details in the video instructions below.
Delete Minently.com from Mozilla Firefox by resetting internet browser settings
If the Mozilla Firefox settings such as search engine by default, startpage and newtab have been changed by the adware software, then resetting it to the default state can help. However, your saved passwords and bookmarks will not be changed, deleted or cleared.
First, start the Mozilla Firefox. Next, press the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will show the drop-down menu. Next, click the Help button ().
In the Help menu click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button as displayed on the screen below.
Confirm your action, click the “Refresh Firefox”.
Get rid of Minently.com pop up advertisements from Microsoft Internet Explorer
The IE reset is great if your web-browser is hijacked or you have unwanted addo-ons or toolbars on your browser, that installed by an malicious software.
First, start the Internet Explorer, press ) button. Next, click “Internet Options” like below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, click Reset button. The IE will show the Reset Internet Explorer settings dialog box. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and click Reset button.
You will now need to reboot your computer for the changes to take effect. It will delete adware which cause pop ups, disable malicious and ad-supported internet browser’s extensions and restore the Internet Explorer’s settings such as new tab, search provider by default and startpage to default state.
Remove Minently.com redirect from Chrome
The adware can modify your Chrome settings without your knowledge. You may see an unwanted website as your search provider or startpage, additional extensions and toolbars. Reset Chrome web-browser will help you to remove Minently.com popup ads and reset the unwanted changes caused by adware. Essential information like bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, cookies, auto-fill data and personal dictionaries will not be removed.
- First start the Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will open the Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guidance: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, press the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Google Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and press the “Reset” button.
- The Chrome will show the reset profile settings page as on the image above.
- Next press the “Reset” button.
- Once this procedure is finished, your web-browser’s new tab, search provider and start page will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Run free malware removal utilities to completely delete Minently.com redirect
After completing the manual removal instructions above all unwanted programs, malicious browser’s extensions and adware software responsible for Minently.com redirect should be uninstalled. If the problem with Minently.com popup advertisements is still remained, then we recommend to scan your PC for any remaining malicious components. Run recommended free adware removal programs below.
Automatically get rid of Minently.com popup advertisements with Zemana Anti-Malware
Zemana Free is free full featured malware removal tool. It can scan your files and Microsoft Windows registry in real-time. Zemana can help to remove Minently.com redirect, other potentially unwanted applications, malicious software and adware. It uses 1% of your machine resources. This utility has got simple and beautiful interface and at the same time best possible protection for your computer.
Please go to the following link to download the latest version of Zemana Anti-Malware for Microsoft Windows. Save it on your Windows desktop or in any other place.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
When the download is finished, start it and follow the prompts. Once installed, the Zemana Free will try to update itself and when this process is done, press the “Scan” button for scanning your system for the adware software that causes Minently.com redirect.
This procedure can take quite a while, so please be patient. When a malware, adware or PUPs are detected, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the checking is finished. In order to remove all items, simply press “Next” button.
The Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) will start to get rid of adware software that causes multiple intrusive popups.
Scan and clean your system of adware with Hitman Pro
HitmanPro is a free utility which can detect adware that causes multiple unwanted pop-ups. It’s not always easy to locate all the undesired software that your PC might have picked up on the Web. Hitman Pro will search for the adware, hijackers and other malicious software you need to uninstall.
- HitmanPro can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your MS Windows desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- Once the download is done, double click the HitmanPro icon. Once this utility is launched, press “Next” button to start scanning your computer for the adware that causes Minently.com popups. This process can take some time, so please be patient. While the HitmanPro program is scanning, you can see number of objects it has identified as threat.
- When HitmanPro has finished scanning, HitmanPro will prepare a list of unwanted applications adware. Once you have selected what you want to remove from your computer click “Next” button. Now press the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to delete all malicious software found.
Use MalwareBytes Anti-Malware to remove Minently.com pop-up advertisements
We suggest using the MalwareBytes Anti Malware. You can download and install MalwareBytes to look for adware software and thereby get rid of Minently.com pop-up advertisements from your browsers. When installed and updated, this free malicious software remover automatically identifies and deletes all threats exist on the computer.
Download MalwareBytes Free on your MS Windows Desktop by clicking on the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: July 25, 2019
When downloading is finished, close all software and windows on your PC system. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup as displayed in the figure below.
When the installation begins, you will see the “Setup wizard” which will help you install Malwarebytes on your PC system.
Once installation is complete, you will see window as shown on the image below.
Now press the “Scan Now” button to begin scanning your PC system for the adware which cause undesired Minently.com popups. This task can take some time, so please be patient. When a threat is found, the count of the security threats will change accordingly.
After the scan get finished, MalwareBytes Free will open a screen which contains a list of malware that has been found. Review the results once the utility has finished the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply press “Quarantine Selected” button.
The Malwarebytes will now begin to remove adware which causes Minently.com redirect. When the clean-up is complete, you may be prompted to restart your personal computer.
The following video explains steps on how to remove hijacker, adware and other malware with MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM).
How to block Minently.com
Use an ad-blocker tool like AdGuard will protect you from harmful advertisements and content. Moreover, you can find that the AdGuard have an option to protect your privacy and stop phishing and spam webpages. Additionally, ad blocking software will allow you to avoid intrusive pop up advertisements and unverified links that also a good way to stay safe online.
- Click the link below to download the latest version of AdGuard for Microsoft Windows. Save it directly to your Microsoft Windows Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- Once the downloading process is complete, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- When the installation is finished, press “Skip” to close the install program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you launch your PC system, AdGuard will launch automatically and stop undesired advertisements, block Minently.com, as well as other malicious or misleading web sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, that is located on your desktop.
How did you get infected with adware software
The adware is usually is bundled within free applications and install themselves, with or without your knowledge, on your PC. This happens especially when you’re installing a free software. The program installation package tricks you into accepting the setup of additional apps, that you don’t really want. Moreover, certain paid applications can also install third-party applications that you don’t want! Therefore, always download freeware and paid applications from reputable download webpages. Use ONLY custom or manual setup mode and never blindly click Next button.
To sum up
Now your computer should be clean of the adware that causes Minently.com pop up ads in your web-browser. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you stop unwanted ads and unwanted harmful webpages) and Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) (to periodically scan your computer for new adwares and other malware). Probably you are running an older version of Java or Adobe Flash Player. This can be a security risk, so download and install the latest version right now.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove Minently.com pop-ups from the Mozilla Firefox, Edge, Internet Explorer and Google Chrome, then ask for help here here.