Experienced security experts has determined that HD Radio Player is a browser hijacker. A large number of computers around the World have been hit by the HD Radio Player browser hijacker. The tutorial below will teach you all you need to know about the hijacker. How it got into your PC, how to get rid of HD Radio Player, and how to protect your machine from any unwanted software such as a hijacker in the future.
When you perform a search via HD Radio Player, in addition to search results from Yahoo, Bing or Google Custom Search that provide links to web pages, news articles, images or videos you will also be shown a huge number of undesired ads. The authors of HD Radio Player doing this to generate advertising profit from these advertisements.
Often, the computer which has been affected with HD Radio Player browser hijacker, will be also infected by adware (also known as ‘ad-supported’ software) which opens a large amount of various advertisements. It can be pop-ups, text links in the web-sites, banners where they never had. What is more, the adware can replace the legitimate advertisements with malicious ads that will offer to download and install malicious software and unwanted software or visit the various dangerous and misleading webpages.
If you realized any of the symptoms mentioned above, we recommend you to follow tutorial below to remove browser hijacker and get rid of HD Radio Player from your browser settings.
Remove HD Radio Player from Windows 10 (8, 7, XP)
In order to get rid of HD Radio Player from the Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, IE and Microsoft Edge and set your favorite startpage and search engine, you need to reset the web browser settings. Additionally, you should look up for other dubious entries, such as files, programs, web browser extensions and shortcuts. However, if you want to get rid of HD Radio Player easily, you should use reputable anti malware utility and let it do the job for you.
To remove HD Radio Player, complete the steps below:
- How to get rid of HD Radio Player manually
- How to remove HD Radio Player automatically with free software
- How to block HD Radio Player
- Do not know how your web browser has been hijacked by HD Radio Player hijacker?
- To sum up
How to get rid of HD Radio Player manually
The step-by-step guidance will help you get rid of HD Radio Player . These HD Radio Player removal steps work for the Google Chrome, Edge, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox, as well as every version of computer OS.
Remove HD Radio Player related programs through the Control Panel of your computer
In order to remove HD Radio Player, first thing you need to do is to uninstall unknown and dubious programs from your PC using Windows control panel. When uninstalling this hijacker infection, check the list of installed programs and try to find suspicious programs and uninstall them all. Pay special attention to recently installed software, as it is most probably that the HD Radio Player browser hijacker сame along with it.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
First, press the Windows button , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
Windows XP, Vista, 7
First, click “Start” and select “Control Panel”.
It will display the Windows Control Panel as on the image below.
Next, press “Uninstall a program”
It will display a list of all apps installed on your PC system. Scroll through the all list, and delete any suspicious and unknown programs. To quickly find the latest installed programs, we recommend sort software by date in the Control panel.
Remove HD Radio Player startpage from Firefox
If Firefox start page or search engine are hijacked by the HD Radio Player, your web-browser displays unwanted pop-up advertisements, then ‘Reset Mozilla Firefox’ could solve these problems. However, your themes, bookmarks, history, passwords, and web form auto-fill information will not be deleted.
First, start the Mozilla Firefox. Next, press the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will display the drop-down menu. Next, click the Help button ().
In the Help menu click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page press on “Refresh Firefox” button as shown in the figure below.
Confirm your action, click the “Refresh Firefox”.
Remove HD Radio Player from Chrome
If Chrome default search provider, home page and new tab were hijacked by HD Radio Player then ‘Reset Chrome’ is a solution which helps to revert back the web browser to its factory state. To reset Chrome to the original defaults, follow the few simple steps below.
- First run the Google Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will open the Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed addons. If the list has the addon labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guide: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, press the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset” button.
- The Chrome will open the reset profile settings page as shown on the screen above.
- Next press the “Reset” button.
- Once this procedure is finished, your internet browser’s search engine by default, startpage and newtab will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Remove HD Radio Player from Microsoft Internet Explorer
If you find that Microsoft Internet Explorer browser settings such as search provider, newtab and homepage had been hijacked, then you may restore your settings, via the reset browser procedure.
First, start the Microsoft Internet Explorer. Next, click the button in the form of gear (). It will show the Tools drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options” as shown in the following example.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as shown in the following example. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click “Reset” button.
You will now need to restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
How to remove HD Radio Player automatically with free software
AntiMalware applications differ from each other by many features like performance, scheduled scans, automatic updates, virus signature database, technical support, compatibility with other antivirus programs and so on. We advise you run the following free apps: Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM), MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) and HitmanPro. Each of these programs has all of needed features, but most importantly, they can search for the browser hijacker and delete HD Radio Player from the Firefox, Chrome, MS Edge and IE.
Scan and clean your PC of HD Radio Player with Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM)
Zemana is free full featured malicious software removal tool. It can check your files and MS Windows registry in real-time. Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) can help to remove HD Radio Player hijacker, other potentially unwanted apps and adware. It uses 1% of your computer resources. This utility has got simple and beautiful interface and at the same time effective protection for your computer.
Visit the page linked below to download the latest version of Zemana Free for Windows. Save it on your MS Windows desktop or in any other place.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
Once the downloading process is complete, start it and follow the prompts. Once installed, the Zemana will try to update itself and when this process is done, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this utility for the browser hijacker which changes web browser settings to replace your default search engine, startpage and new tab with HD Radio Player page.
While the Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) program is checking, you may see number of objects it has identified as threat. All found threats will be marked. You can get rid of them all by simply press “Next” button.
The Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) will delete hijacker that created to redirect your web-browser to the HD Radio Player web-site and add threats to the Quarantine.
Run HitmanPro to delete HD Radio Player
The HitmanPro tool is free and easy to use. It may scan and remove hijacker infection that cause a redirect to HD Radio Player site, malicious software, potentially unwanted apps and adware from system (MS Windows 10, 8, 7, XP) and thereby return browsers default settings (startpage, newtab page and search engine). Hitman Pro is powerful enough to find and remove malicious registry entries and files that are hidden on the computer.
Please go to the following link to download HitmanPro. Save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
When the download is complete, open the folder in which you saved it. You will see an icon like below.
Double click the Hitman Pro desktop icon. Once the tool is started, you will see a screen like below.
Further, click “Next” button to perform a system scan with this utility for the HD Radio Player browser hijacker and other internet browser’s malicious addons. When the scan get finished, HitmanPro will show a screen which contains a list of malware that has been detected as displayed on the screen below.
Next, you need to click “Next” button. It will open a dialog box, click the “Activate free license” button.
Use MalwareBytes AntiMalware to get rid of hijacker
We suggest using the MalwareBytes Anti Malware that are completely clean your computer of the browser hijacker infection. The free utility is an advanced malicious software removal program created by (c) Malwarebytes lab. This program uses the world’s most popular anti-malware technology. It is able to help you remove hijacker, PUPs, malware, adware software, toolbars, ransomware and other security threats from your machine for free.
- MalwareBytes Free can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your Windows desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your browser will open the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- After the download is finished, please close all software and open windows on your computer. Double-click on the icon that’s called mb3-setup.
- This will start the “Setup wizard” of MalwareBytes onto your computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes AntiMalware will start and display the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button to perform a system scan for the hijacker which cause HD Radio Player website to appear. A system scan may take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your PC system. While the MalwareBytes Anti-Malware is checking, you can see number of objects it has identified either as being malicious software.
- After MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) has completed scanning, MalwareBytes Free will open you the results.
- Once you have selected what you wish to remove from your PC system click the “Quarantine Selected” button. When finished, you may be prompted to reboot the computer.
- Close the Anti Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
How to block HD Radio Player
One of the worst things is the fact that you cannot stop all those intrusive pages such as HD Radio Player using only built-in Microsoft Windows capabilities. However, there is a application out that you can use to block annoying browser redirects, advertisements and pop-ups in any modern internet browsers including Microsoft Edge, Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer. It’s named Adguard and it works very well.
- AdGuard can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- When downloading is complete, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- After the installation is done, click “Skip” to close the install program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you start your personal computer, AdGuard will launch automatically and stop undesired advertisements, block HD Radio Player, as well as other malicious or misleading sites. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon called AdGuard, that can be found on your desktop.
Do not know how your web browser has been hijacked by HD Radio Player hijacker infection?
The hijacker is usually gets onto PC system by being attached to free software and install themselves, with or without your knowledge, on your PC. This happens especially when you are installing a free applications. The program install package tricks you into accepting the install of third party programs, which you do not really want. Moreover, some paid applications can also install optional programs that you don’t want! Therefore, always download free software and paid software from reputable download pages. Use ONLY custom or manual installation option and never blindly press Next button.
To sum up
After completing the few simple steps above, your computer should be clean from this browser hijacker and other malware. The Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, IE and Chrome will no longer open intrusive HD Radio Player webpage on startup. Unfortunately, if the few simple steps does not help you, then you have caught a new browser hijacker, and then the best way – ask for help.
Please create a new question by using the “Ask Question” button in the Questions and Answers. Try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately. Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the unwanted HD Radio Player .