Unwanted Pushwhy.com notifications or ads keeps popping up randomly while browsing the Net? If yes, then may be possible that an adware (also known as ‘ad-supported’ software) is active on your computer.
What is Adware? Adware is a form of malicious software. Adware can change the system settings, install web-browser extensions, display unwanted pop-ups, ads, and notifications.
In order to display undesired ads as often as possible the adware can alter your internet browser settings. You may even find that your system settings are replaced without your knowledge. The authors of ad supported software do so in order to generate revenue via third-party ad network. Thus every your click on ads makes revenue for them.
Does adware steal your personal information? The ad-supported software is often harmless, but sometimes the ad-supported software you inadvertently download can also be spyware. Spyware can sometimes seek out your data stored on the system, gather this information and use it to steal your identity.
Adware is usually written in ways common to malicious software, spyware and browser hijackers. In order to delete adware and thereby get rid of Pushwhy.com pop ups, you will need execute the steps below or use free adware removal utility listed below.
Remove Pushwhy.com pop up notifications, ads (removal tutorial)
When the ad-supported software gets installed on your machine without your knowledge, it is not easy to delete. In many cases, there is no Uninstall program that simply remove the ad-supported software that causes multiple undesired notifications from your PC system. So, we advise using several well-proven free specialized tools like Zemana, MalwareBytes or Hitman Pro. But the best way to remove Pushwhy.com popup notifications will be to perform several manual steps, after that additionally run antimalware utilities.
To remove Pushwhy.com pop-ups, execute the steps below:
- Manual Pushwhy.com notifications removal
- Scan your computer and delete Pushwhy.com popups with free tools
- How to block Pushwhy.com
- Prevent adware from installing
- To sum up
Manual Pushwhy.com notifications removal
Read this “How to remove” section to know how to manually remove ad supported software responsible for Pushwhy.com pop-up ads. Even if the steps does not work for you, there are several free malicious software removers below that can easily handle such adware that responsible for internet browser redirect to the unwanted Pushwhy.com web-site.
Remove adware through the Microsoft Windows Control Panel
The main cause of Pushwhy.com notifications could be PUPs, ad supported software or other undesired applications that you may have unintentionally installed on the personal computer. You need to identify and uninstall all dubious applications.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
First, click the Windows button , then press Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
Windows XP, Vista, 7
First, press “Start” and select “Control Panel”.
It will display the Windows Control Panel as displayed in the figure below.
Next, press “Uninstall a program”
It will open a list of all apps installed on your PC. Scroll through the all list, and remove any dubious and unknown software. To quickly find the latest installed software, we recommend sort programs by date in the Control panel.
Remove Pushwhy.com from Firefox by resetting web browser settings
This step will help you delete Pushwhy.com notifications, third-party toolbars, disable harmful extensions and return your default startpage, newtab and search engine settings.
First, open the Firefox. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will open the drop-down menu. Next, press the Help button ().
In the Help menu click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page press on “Refresh Firefox” button as shown on the screen below.
Confirm your action, click the “Refresh Firefox”.
Get rid of Pushwhy.com popup notifications from Microsoft Internet Explorer
The IE reset is great if your web-browser is hijacked or you have unwanted addo-ons or toolbars on your web-browser, that installed by an malware.
First, launch the IE, click ) button. Next, press “Internet Options” as displayed below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, click Reset button. The Internet Explorer will open the Reset Internet Explorer settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and click Reset button.
You will now need to restart your computer for the changes to take effect. It will get rid of adware which cause annoying Pushwhy.com ads to appear, disable malicious and ad-supported internet browser’s extensions and restore the Microsoft Internet Explorer’s settings like new tab, home page and search engine by default to default state.
Remove Pushwhy.com ads from Google Chrome
Like other modern browsers, the Google Chrome has the ability to reset the settings to their default values and thereby recover the web-browser’s settings like default search engine, new tab page and homepage that have been modified by the adware that causes multiple undesired pop-up advertisements.
- First start the Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will open the Google Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then press Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed addons. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following tutorial: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Google Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and press “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and press the “Reset” button.
- The Google Chrome will open the reset profile settings page as shown on the screen above.
- Next press the “Reset” button.
- Once this process is done, your web-browser’s default search provider, homepage and new tab will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Scan your computer and delete Pushwhy.com popups with free tools
Many antivirus companies have designed software that help detect adware and thereby remove Pushwhy.com from the Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and MS Edge browsers. Below is a a few of the free applications you may want to run. Your machine can have a large amount of potentially unwanted programs, ad-supported software and browser hijacker infections installed at the same time, so we recommend, if any unwanted or harmful program returns after restarting the system, then run your computer into Safe Mode and use the anti malware utility once again.
How to remove Pushwhy.com popup notifications with Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM)
Thinking about get rid of Pushwhy.com advertisements from your browser? Then pay attention to Zemana. This is a well-known utility, originally created just to find and remove malware, ad supported software and PUPs. But by now it has seriously changed and can not only rid you of malware, but also protect your PC system from malware and adware, as well as identify and remove common viruses and trojans.
- Installing the Zemana is simple. First you will need to download Zemana Free by clicking on the following link.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- After the downloading process is finished, close all programs and windows on your machine. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is complete, click the “Scan” button to search for adware responsible for redirects to the Pushwhy.com. While the Zemana program is checking, you can see how many objects it has identified as threat.
- When the system scan is finished, you can check all threats detected on your PC system. Once you’ve selected what you wish to get rid of from your personal computer click “Next”. Once the clean-up is done, you can be prompted to restart your PC system.
Remove Pushwhy.com advertisements and harmful extensions with Hitman Pro
Hitman Pro is a portable application that requires no hard setup to scan for and get rid of ad supported software that causes undesired Pushwhy.com pop-up advertisements. The program itself is small in size (only a few Mb). HitmanPro does not need any drivers and special dlls. It is probably easier to use than any alternative malicious software removal tools you have ever tried. Hitman Pro works on 64 and 32-bit versions of Windows 10, 8, 7 and XP. It proves that removal tool can be just as effective as the widely known antivirus programs.
- Please go to the following link to download the latest version of HitmanPro for Microsoft Windows. Save it directly to your MS Windows Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- After the downloading process is finished, launch the Hitman Pro, double-click the HitmanPro.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, press Yes to continue.
- In the Hitman Pro window, click the “Next” to start scanning your personal computer for the adware that made to redirect your browser to various ad web-pages such as the Pushwhy.com. During the scan Hitman Pro will detect threats present on your PC.
- When Hitman Pro has completed scanning your PC system, Hitman Pro will open a screen that contains a list of malware that has been detected. Review the report and then click “Next”. Now, click the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to remove all malware found.
How to remove Pushwhy.com with MalwareBytes Free
Manual Pushwhy.com advertisements removal requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the ad-supported software can be not completely removed. We suggest that run the MalwareBytes that are completely clean your computer of adware. Moreover, the free program will allow you to remove malicious software, potentially unwanted programs, hijacker infections and toolbars that your computer can be infected too.
Download MalwareBytes Free on your MS Windows Desktop by clicking on the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
After downloading is complete, close all applications and windows on your computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s called mb3-setup like below.
When the setup begins, you will see the “Setup wizard” that will help you install Malwarebytes on your PC.
Once install is complete, you will see window as displayed on the image below.
Now click the “Scan Now” button to perform a system scan with this utility for the ad-supported software that responsible for web browser redirect to the undesired Pushwhy.com web page. A scan may take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the count of files on your PC and the speed of your computer. While the MalwareBytes Anti Malware utility is checking, you can see count of objects it has identified as being affected by malware.
When MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) has completed scanning, MalwareBytes Anti Malware will open you the results. All found items will be marked. You can delete them all by simply press “Quarantine Selected” button.
The Malwarebytes will now start to delete adware that causes web-browsers to open undesired Pushwhy.com notifications. After finished, you may be prompted to restart your PC.
The following video explains steps on how to remove browser hijacker, ad supported software and other malicious software with MalwareBytes Free.
How to block Pushwhy.com notifications
It is also critical to protect your browsers from harmful websites and advertisements by using an adblocker application like AdGuard. Security experts says that it will greatly reduce the risk of malicious software, and potentially save lots of money. Additionally, the AdGuard may also protect your privacy by blocking almost all trackers.
Installing the AdGuard is simple. First you’ll need to download AdGuard by clicking on the following link. Save it directly to your MS Windows Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
Once downloading is finished, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as displayed below.
Follow the prompts. When the setup is finished, you will see a window as shown on the screen below.
You can click “Skip” to close the install program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial which will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you run your computer, AdGuard will run automatically and stop undesired advertisements, block Pushwhy.com, as well as other malicious or misleading webpages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which is located on your desktop.
Prevent adware from installing
To sum up
Once you’ve finished the few simple steps outlined above, your computer should be clean from this ad supported software and other malware. The IE, Mozilla Firefox, Edge and Google Chrome will no longer open unwanted Pushwhy.com site when you surf the Web. Unfortunately, if the step-by-step guidance does not help you, then you have caught a new adware, and then the best way – ask for help.
Please create a new question by using the “Ask Question” button in the Questions and Answers. Try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately. Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the undesired Pushwhy.com pop up notifications.