What is Azurewebsites.net? Azurewebsites.net is part of Microsoft Azure Web Sites (cloud computing based platform). Scammers uses the Azurewebsites hosting service to host phishing, malicious and misleading websites like shown below.
Security experts have determined that users are rerouted to the Azurewebsites.net phishing web-pages by various PUPs from the ‘ad-supported’ software (also known as adware) category. What is adware? Adware is something that you should be aware of even if you run Google Chrome or other modern web-browser. This is the name given to applications that have been made to display annoying advertisements and pop up commercials onto your browser screen. The reason for adware’s existence is to earn revenue for its author.
The ad supported software run in the background when you are online, and the ad supported software can slow down your PC system and affect its performance. There are programs that can remove ad-supported software from your computer and some of them are free and listed below, such as Zemana Anti Malware, MalwareBytes and Hitman Pro.
Another reason why you need to remove adware is its online data-tracking activity. It can collect privacy data, including:
- IP addresses;
- URLs visited;
- search queries/terms;
- clicks on links and advertisements;
- web-browser version information.
The adware can modify the settings of the Mozilla Firefox, IE, Chrome and Edge, but often that a malicious software such as this can also hijack all types of internet browsers by modifying their desktop shortcuts. Thus forcing the user each time run the web browser to see the annoying Azurewebsites.net web-site.
As evident, the adware is a potentially undesired program and should not be used. If you noticed any of the symptoms mentioned above, we advise you to complete few simple steps below to remove the adware and remove Azurewebsites.net pop-ups from your web browser.
How to remove Azurewebsites.net pop-ups (Virus removal guide)
The following step-by-step instructions will help you to remove Azurewebsites.net pop ups from the Google Chrome, MS Edge, Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Internet Explorer. Moreover, the steps below will help you to remove malicious software, browser hijacker infections, potentially unwanted programs and toolbars that your system may be infected. Please do the instructions step by step. If you need assist or have any questions, then ask for our assistance or type a comment below. Read this manual carefully, bookmark or print it, because you may need to close your web browser or restart your PC.
To remove Azurewebsites.net pop-ups, use the following steps:
- Get rid of Azurewebsites.net pop-ups without any utilities
- Scan your system and remove Azurewebsites.net pop-ups with free utilities
- Stop Azurewebsites.net pop-ups and other unwanted web-sites
- How to avoid installation of Azurewebsites.net popups
- To sum up
Get rid of Azurewebsites.net pop-ups without any utilities
The few simple steps will help you remove Azurewebsites.net pop ups. These Azurewebsites.net removal steps work for the Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Google Chrome, as well as every version of operating system.
Delete PUPs through the MS Windows Control Panel
First of all, check the list of installed applications on your PC system and delete all unknown and recently installed software. If you see an unknown program with incorrect spelling or varying capital letters, it have most likely been installed by malware and you should clean it off first with malicious software removal utility such as Zemana Anti-malware.
Press Windows button , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then click “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will open the Windows Control Panel as shown in the following example.
Further, click “Uninstall a program”
It will open a list of all applications installed on your PC system. Scroll through the all list, and remove any suspicious and unknown programs.
Remove Azurewebsites.net pop ups from Chrome
If you are getting Azurewebsites.net pop-up pop-ups, then you can try to delete it by resetting Google Chrome to its original settings. It will also clear cookies, content and site data, temporary and cached data. Essential information like bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, cookies, auto-fill data and personal dictionaries will not be removed.
- First, launch the Google Chrome and click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will open the Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed add-ons. If the list has the add-on labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following tutorial: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Advanced” link, which located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Google Chrome will show the reset settings prompt as on the image above.
- Confirm the internet browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Remove Azurewebsites.net from Firefox by resetting web-browser settings
This step will allow you remove Azurewebsites.net pop-ups, third-party toolbars, disable malicious addons and restore your default home page, new tab page and search provider settings.
Click the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and click the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu as shown in the figure below.
A small menu will appear, click the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, press “Refresh Firefox” button as on the image below.
Follow the onscreen procedure to return your Mozilla Firefox internet browser settings to their default values.
Delete Azurewebsites.net popups from IE
If you find that IE web browser settings like default search provider, new tab and homepage had been replaced by adware that causes lots of intrusive Azurewebsites.net pop-ups, then you may revert back your settings, via the reset browser procedure.
First, start the IE. Next, click the button in the form of gear (). It will display the Tools drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options” as on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as shown in the following example. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then press “Reset” button.
You will now need to restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Scan your system and remove Azurewebsites.net pop-ups with free utilities
If you’re unsure how to remove Azurewebsites.net pop-ups easily, consider using automatic adware removal software that listed below. It will identify the adware which designed to reroute your web browser to various ad webpages like the Azurewebsites.net and delete it from your machine for free.
Remove Azurewebsites.net pop-ups with Zemana Free
Zemana AntiMalware is an extremely fast tool to delete Azurewebsites.net redirect from the Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Chrome and Firefox. It also removes malicious software and adware from your PC system. It improves your system’s performance by removing PUPs.
Please go to the following link to download Zemana Anti Malware. Save it directly to your Microsoft Windows Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
After the downloading process is done, close all windows on your system. Further, run the install file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. If the “User Account Control” dialog box pops up as displayed in the figure below, click the “Yes” button.
It will display the “Setup wizard” which will help you install Zemana on the computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once installation is complete successfully, Zemana will automatically start and you can see its main window as on the image below.
Next, click the “Scan” button . Zemana AntiMalware application will scan through the whole system for the adware related to Azurewebsites.net pop-ups. This process can take some time, so please be patient. While the Zemana Anti Malware tool is checking, you may see how many objects it has identified as being infected by malware.
Once Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) has finished scanning, Zemana Anti-Malware will display a list of found threats. You may get rid of items (move to Quarantine) by simply click “Next” button.
The Zemana Anti-Malware will get rid of adware that causes a lot of unwanted Azurewebsites.net popups and add items to the Quarantine. After finished, you can be prompted to restart your machine.
Run Hitman Pro to delete Azurewebsites.net popups
Hitman Pro is a free removal tool that can check your PC system for a wide range of security threats such as malware, adwares, potentially unwanted programs as well as ad-supported software responsible for redirecting your web-browser to the Azurewebsites.net webpage. It will perform a deep scan of your PC including hard drives and MS Windows registry. Once a malicious software is found, it will help you to remove all detected threats from your PC system by a simple click.
- Click the following link to download the latest version of Hitman Pro for MS Windows. Save it on your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- Once downloading is complete, double click the Hitman Pro icon. Once this utility is started, click “Next” button . Hitman Pro program will scan through the whole computer for the adware that causes multiple undesired popups. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your computer. When a malware, adware or potentially unwanted software are found, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the checking is done.
- Once the scan is done, HitmanPro will create a list of undesired programs adware. All found threats will be marked. You can delete them all by simply press “Next” button. Now click the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to remove all malicious software found.
Remove Azurewebsites.net pop-ups with MalwareBytes AntiMalware
You can delete Azurewebsites.net popups automatically through the use of MalwareBytes Free. We advise this free malicious software removal utility because it may easily remove hijackers, ad-supported software, potentially unwanted apps and toolbars with all their components such as files, folders and registry entries.
- Please go to the following link to download MalwareBytes. Save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your browser will open the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- When the downloading process is finished, please close all applications and open windows on your PC. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will launch the “Setup wizard” of MalwareBytes Anti-Malware onto your machine. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) will launch and show the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan Now” button to perform a system scan with this utility for the adware that responsible for the appearance of Azurewebsites.net redirect. During the scan MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) will locate threats exist on your PC.
- After MalwareBytes has finished scanning your personal computer, MalwareBytes AntiMalware will prepare a list of unwanted programs adware.
- Once you’ve selected what you wish to get rid of from your personal computer click the “Quarantine Selected” button. Once the cleaning process is complete, you may be prompted to restart the system.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Block Azurewebsites.net and other unwanted web-sites
It is important to run ad-blocking apps such as AdGuard to protect your PC system from harmful web-pages. Most security experts says that it is okay to stop ads. You should do so just to stay safe! And, of course, the AdGuard can to block Azurewebsites.net and other intrusive web-pages.
Visit the following page to download the latest version of AdGuard for Windows. Save it to your Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
When the download is complete, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as displayed on the screen below.
Follow the prompts. After the setup is complete, you will see a window as displayed in the figure below.
You can click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial which will help you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you launch your PC, AdGuard will run automatically and stop unwanted advertisements, block Azurewebsites.net, as well as other malicious or misleading pages. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which is located on your desktop.
How to avoid installation of adware
To sum up
Once you have finished the instructions above, your PC system should be free from adware that causes lots of intrusive Azurewebsites.net popups and other malicious software. The Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Firefox and IE will no longer redirect you to various unwanted pages like Azurewebsites.net. Unfortunately, if the few simple steps does not help you, then you have caught a new ad supported software, and then the best way – ask for help here.