Are you facing a problem with the Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Chrome and Microsoft Edge web-browsers that constantly redirects to a questionable page named Search.securybrowse.com? Then, there are chances that are your machine is hijacked by potentially unwanted application (PUA), specifically a browser hijacker. It is created for the purpose of modifying certain internet browser settings (such as search engine by default, newtab and startpage) without the user’s consent or knowledge. If you want to change web-browser startpage or search provider back to default, you will not succeed, because the Search.securybrowse.com browser hijacker is very stubborn. Using the instructions below, you surely can remove Search.securybrowse.com completely from your browsers.
In addition, the Search.securybrowse.com browser hijacker infection may also modify the search provider selected in the browser. When you try to search on the infected browser, you’ll be presented with search results, consisting of advertisements and Google (or Yahoo, or Bing) search results for your query. Among these search results can occur links that lead to unwanted and ad pages.
While redirecting, your browser’s status bar may show the following messages: ‘Waiting for Search.securybrowse.com’, ‘Transferring data from Search.securybrowse.com’, ‘Looking up Search.securybrowse.com’, ‘Read Search.securybrowse.com’, ‘Connected to Search.securybrowse.com’.
As well as undesired browser redirects to the Search.securybrowse.com, the browser hijacker can collect your Internet browsing activity by saving URLs visited, IP addresses, web browser version and type, cookie information, Internet Service Provider (ISP) and web-pages visited. Such kind of behavior can lead to serious security problems or privacy data theft. This is another reason why the browser hijacker that redirects the browser to Search.securybrowse.com should be removed as soon as possible.
We recommend you to remove Search.securybrowse.com and clean your computer of hijacker immediately, until the presence of the hijacker has not led to even worse consequences. You need to follow the steps below that will allow you to completely remove Search.securybrowse.com, using only the built-in Windows features and a few of specialized free utilities.
How to remove Search.securybrowse.com from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge (Removal guide)
There are present several free browser hijacker infection removal tools. Also it’s possible to remove Search.securybrowse.com homepage manually. But we recommend to combine all these ways below into the one removal algorithm. Follow the steps of the guidance. Some of the steps below will require you to shut down this site. So, please read the step-by-step tutorial carefully, after that bookmark or print it for later reference.
To remove Search.securybrowse.com, use the steps below:
- How to get rid of Search.securybrowse.com redirect without any software
- How to automatically delete Search.securybrowse.com hijacker
- Block Search.securybrowse.com and other unwanted web sites
- Why is my browser redirected to Search.securybrowse.com?
- To sum up
How to get rid of Search.securybrowse.com redirect without any software
The following instructions is a step-by-step guide, which will help you manually remove Search.securybrowse.com from the Edge, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome.
Delete Search.securybrowse.com associated software by using MS Windows Control Panel
When troubleshooting a PC system, one common step is go to MS Windows Control Panel and delete suspicious apps. The same approach will be used in the removal of Search.securybrowse.com . Please use steps based on your Windows version.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
After the ‘Control Panel’ opens, click the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category like below.
You will see the ‘Uninstall a program’ panel as shown in the following example.
Very carefully look around the entire list of apps installed on your computer. Most probably, one of them is the browser hijacker that cause Search.securybrowse.com webpage to appear. If you have many software installed, you can help simplify the search of harmful apps by sort the list by date of installation. Once you have found a questionable, unwanted or unused program, right click to it, after that click ‘Uninstall’.
Windows XP, Vista, 7
After the Windows ‘Control Panel’ opens, you need to click ‘Uninstall a program’ under ‘Programs’ as on the image below.
You will see a list of apps installed on your personal computer. We recommend to sort the list by date of installation to quickly find the applications that were installed last. Most likely, it is the hijacker that responsible for internet browser redirect to the unwanted Search.securybrowse.com webpage. If you are in doubt, you can always check the program by doing a search for her name in Google, Yahoo or Bing. When the application which you need to uninstall is found, simply press on its name, and then press ‘Uninstall’ as shown in the following example.
Remove Search.securybrowse.com from Chrome
Use the Reset browser utility of the Chrome to reset all its settings like newtab page, home page and search engine to original defaults. This is a very useful utility to use, in the case of web browser hijacks like Search.securybrowse.com.
Open the Google Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal dotes (). It will display the drop-down menu. Choose More Tools, then press Extensions.
Carefully browse through the list of installed extensions. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guidance: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy otherwise, just go to the step below.
Open the Chrome main menu again, press to “Settings” option.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Advanced” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, as on the image below and click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
Confirm your action, click the “Reset” button.
Remove Search.securybrowse.com from Firefox by resetting web browser settings
The Mozilla Firefox reset will get rid of unwanted search engine and homepage like Search.securybrowse.com, modified preferences, extensions and security settings. However, your themes, bookmarks, history, passwords, and web form auto-fill information will not be deleted.
First, run the Mozilla Firefox and click button. It will open the drop-down menu on the right-part of the browser. Further, click the Help button () as shown on the image below.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the internet browser adress bar and press Enter. It will show the “Troubleshooting Information” page as shown on the image below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, click the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will show the confirmation prompt. Further, click the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Mozilla Firefox will begin a procedure to fix your problems that caused by the Search.securybrowse.com browser hijacker. After, it’s finished, press the “Finish” button.
Remove Search.securybrowse.com start page from IE
First, run the IE. Next, click the button in the form of gear (). It will display the Tools drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options” as displayed on the screen below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as on the image below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click “Reset” button.
You will now need to reboot your computer for the changes to take effect.
How to automatically delete Search.securybrowse.com hijacker
If you’re not expert at computer technology, then all your attempts to delete Search.securybrowse.com browser hijacker infection by following the manual steps above might result in failure. To find and remove all of the Search.securybrowse.com related files and registry entries that keep this browser hijacker infection on your computer, use free anti-malware software like Zemana Free, MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) and Hitman Pro from our list below.
Scan and free your computer of Search.securybrowse.com with Zemana Anti-Malware
You can get rid of Search.securybrowse.com automatically with a help of Zemana. We recommend this malware removal tool because it may easily remove browser hijacker infections, potentially unwanted applications, adware and toolbars with all their components such as folders, files and registry entries.
- Installing the Zemana Anti Malware is simple. First you’ll need to download Zemana Anti-Malware on your personal computer from the following link.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your internet browser will display the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- Once the downloading process is done, please close all applications and open windows on your system. Next, launch a file called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will run the “Setup wizard” of Zemana onto your computer. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) will launch and show the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the hijacker that responsible for web-browser redirect to the intrusive Search.securybrowse.com website. This process can take quite a while, so please be patient. While the tool is checking, you can see how many objects and files has already scanned.
- When finished, Zemana Anti-Malware will display a scan report.
- In order to remove all threats, simply press the “Next” button. The tool will delete hijacker infection responsible for Search.securybrowse.com redirect and add items to the Quarantine. After disinfection is finished, you may be prompted to restart the system.
- Close the Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) and continue with the next step.
Run Hitman Pro to get rid of Search.securybrowse.com from the machine
HitmanPro is a free portable program that scans your computer for adware, PUPs and hijacker infections such as Search.securybrowse.com and allows delete them easily. Moreover, it’ll also help you delete any malicious web browser extensions and add-ons.
Visit the page linked below to download HitmanPro. Save it on your Windows desktop or in any other place.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
Download and use Hitman Pro on your personal computer. Once started, click “Next” button to look for hijacker that redirects your internet browser to intrusive Search.securybrowse.com page. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient. While the tool is scanning, you can see how many objects and files has already scanned..
When HitmanPro completes the scan, Hitman Pro will display a list of detected threats.
Make sure all items have ‘checkmark’ and press Next button.
It will show a dialog box, press the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to delete all malware found.
How to automatically get rid of Search.securybrowse.com with MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM)
Delete Search.securybrowse.com hijacker manually is difficult and often the browser hijacker infection is not completely removed. Therefore, we recommend you to run the MalwareBytes Anti-Malware that are fully clean your PC. Moreover, this free application will help you to delete malware, potentially unwanted programs, toolbars and adware that your computer may be infected too.
- Visit the following page to download the latest version of MalwareBytes AntiMalware for Windows. Save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: July 25, 2019
- When the download is finished, close all software and windows on your personal computer. Open a file location. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- Further, press Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once setup is complete, click the “Scan Now” button to begin checking your PC for the hijacker which cause a redirect to Search.securybrowse.com web site. This task can take quite a while, so please be patient.
- After the scan is done, a list of all threats found is created. Once you have selected what you want to remove from your PC press “Quarantine Selected”. When that process is finished, you can be prompted to restart your personal computer.
The following video offers a step-by-step guidance on how to get rid of browser hijackers, adware and other malicious software with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Block Search.securybrowse.com and other unwanted web sites
To put it simply, you need to use an ad-blocker utility (AdGuard, for example). It will stop and protect you from all undesired web pages like Search.securybrowse.com, advertisements and popups. To be able to do that, the adblocker application uses a list of filters. Each filter is a rule that describes a malicious web site, an advertising content, a banner and others. The adblocker application automatically uses these filters, depending on the web sites you are visiting.
- Please go to the link below to download AdGuard. Save it directly to your MS Windows Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- When the download is finished, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the setup is complete, press “Skip” to close the installation application and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you launch your system, AdGuard will start automatically and stop undesired advertisements, block Search.securybrowse.com, as well as other harmful or misleading sites. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, which can be found on your desktop.
Why is my browser redirected to Search.securybrowse.com?
To sum up
Now your computer should be free of the hijacker responsible for redirects to Search.securybrowse.com. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted popups and unwanted harmful sites) and Zemana Free (to periodically scan your personal computer for new malware, browser hijackers and ad-supported software). Make sure that you have all the Critical Updates recommended for Microsoft Windows operating system. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new browser hijackers, harmful apps and ad-supported software are released.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove Search.securybrowse.com from your browser, then ask for help here.