What is GoogleFix.exe? Security experts has determined that GoogleFix.exe is a malicious software. It is dropped or downloaded on your PC while browsing the Internet. This security threat can perform a number of malicious actions of a makers’s choice on your personal computer.
The GoogleFix.exe can change computer settings and files, create new folders, download and install other malicious software onto infected PC system, use your computer for harmful actions, send information about you to a remote hacker.
The GoogleFix.exe can collect your Web surfing activity by saving URLs visited, IP addresses, web-browser version and type, cookie information, Internet Service Provider (ISP) and web sites visited. Such kind of behavior can lead to serious security problems or personal data theft. This is another reason why this virus should be removed sooner.
To find out how to remove GoogleFix.exe , we recommend to read the tutorial added to this article below. The tutorial was prepared by cyber security researchers who discovered a method to delete this virus out of the computer.
Remove GoogleFix.exe virus (Removal guide)
When a malware such as the GoogleFix.exe virus gets installed on your computer without your knowledge, it is not easy to delete. In most cases, there is no Uninstall program which simply remove GoogleFix.exe from your system. So, we advise using several well-proven free specialized utilities like Zemana, MalwareBytes Free or HitmanPro. But the best solution to remove GoogleFix.exe will be to perform several manual steps, after that additionally run antimalware tools.
To remove GoogleFix.exe, execute the following steps:
- Uninstall suspicious programs using Windows Control Panel
- Scan and free your machine of GoogleFix.exe with Zemana
- Use HitmanPro to remove GoogleFix.exe from the machine
- How to remove GoogleFix.exe with MalwareBytes Anti Malware
- Remove GoogleFix.exe virus from Mozilla Firefox
- Remove GoogleFix.exe virus from Internet Explorer
- Delete GoogleFix.exe from Google Chrome
- How to stay safe online
- Finish words
Uninstall suspicious programs using Windows Control Panel
Check out the Windows Control Panel (Programs and Features section) to see all installed applications. We recommend to click on the “Date Installed” in order to sort the list of applications by the date you installed them. If you see any unknown and suspicious applications, they are the ones you need to uninstall.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
First, press the Windows button , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
Windows XP, Vista, 7
First, press “Start” and select “Control Panel”.
It will display the Windows Control Panel as displayed in the figure below.
Next, click “Uninstall a program”
It will show a list of all software installed on your computer. Scroll through the all list, and uninstall any suspicious and unknown programs. To quickly find the latest installed software, we recommend sort software by date in the Control panel.
Scan and free your machine of GoogleFix.exe with Zemana
We recommend using the Zemana Free that are completely clean your system of the virus. The tool is an advanced malicious software removal program created by (c) Zemana lab. It’s able to help you delete potentially unwanted programs, viruss, ad supported software, malware, toolbars, ransomware and other security threats from your personal computer for free.
- Click the following link to download the latest version of Zemana Free for Windows. Save it on your Windows desktop or in any other place.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web-browser will open the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- Once downloading is done, please close all applications and open windows on your PC. Next, start a file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will launch the “Setup wizard” of Zemana Free onto your computer. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana Free will run and show the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button to start scanning your system for the GoogleFix.exe virus, other malicious software and PUPs. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the count of files on your computer and the speed of your computer. During the scan Zemana Free will detect threats exist on your computer.
- After finished, you will be opened the list of all found items on your PC system.
- Next, you need to press the “Next” button. The utility will delete the GoogleFix.exe and other security threats and add threats to the Quarantine. When the process is finished, you may be prompted to reboot the computer.
- Close the Zemana Anti Malware and continue with the next step.
Use HitmanPro to remove GoogleFix.exe from the machine
HitmanPro is a free removal tool that can be downloaded and run to delete hijackers, ad supported software, malicious software, potentially unwanted applications, toolbars and other threats from your PC system. You can use this utility to search for threats even if you have an antivirus or any other security program.
Click the link below to download Hitman Pro. Save it on your Windows desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
After downloading is finished, open the directory in which you saved it and double-click the HitmanPro icon. It will run the HitmanPro tool. If the User Account Control dialog box will ask you want to open the application, click Yes button to continue.
Next, click “Next” . HitmanPro application will scan through the whole PC system for the GoogleFix.exe, other malicious software and potentially unwanted applications. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your computer and the speed of your computer.
When HitmanPro has finished scanning your PC, HitmanPro will show a screen which contains a list of malware that has been detected as displayed in the figure below.
When you are ready, press “Next” button. It will display a dialog box, click the “Activate free license” button. The Hitman Pro will remove the GoogleFix.exe virus and move detected items to the program’s quarantine. Once finished, the utility may ask you to reboot your PC.
How to remove GoogleFix.exe with MalwareBytes Anti Malware
If you’re having issues with the GoogleFix.exe virus removal or just wish to check your system occasionally for malware, then download MalwareBytes Anti-Malware. It is free for home use, and detects and removes various unwanted programs that attacks your computer or degrades computer performance. MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) can delete adware, PUPs as well as malicious software, including ransomware and trojans.
- MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your Windows desktop or in any other place.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web-browser will display the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- When the downloading process is finished, please close all apps and open windows on your computer. Double-click on the icon that’s called mb3-setup.
- This will run the “Setup wizard” of MalwareBytes onto your PC. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes AntiMalware will open and display the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan Now” button to begin scanning your computer for the GoogleFix.exe virus related files, folders and registry keys. This task can take quite a while, so please be patient.
- After the scan is finished, MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) will open a scan report.
- You may remove threats (move to Quarantine) by simply click the “Quarantine Selected” button. Once the task is finished, you may be prompted to restart the system.
- Close the AntiMalware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Remove GoogleFix.exe virus from Mozilla Firefox
If Mozilla Firefox browser settings are affected by the GoogleFix.exe virus, then ‘Reset Firefox’ could solve this problem. It will save your personal information like saved passwords, bookmarks, auto-fill data and open tabs.
First, start the Mozilla Firefox. Next, press the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will display the drop-down menu. Next, click the Help button ().
In the Help menu press the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page press on “Refresh Firefox” button as shown on the image below.
Confirm your action, press the “Refresh Firefox”.
Remove GoogleFix.exe virus from Internet Explorer
In order to recover all browser settings you need to reset the Microsoft Internet Explorer to the state, which was when the Windows was installed on your PC system.
First, open the Internet Explorer, click ) button. Next, press “Internet Options” as shown in the figure below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, click Reset button. The Internet Explorer will display the Reset Internet Explorer settings dialog box. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and click Reset button.
You will now need to restart your machine for the changes to take effect. It will disable malicious and ad-supported web-browser’s extensions and restore the Internet Explorer’s settings changed by the GoogleFix.exe virus.
Delete GoogleFix.exe from Google Chrome
Another way to remove changes to web browser settings created by GoogleFix.exe virus is Reset Google Chrome settings. This will disable malicious extensions and reset Chrome settings including search provider, start page and new tab page to original state. However, your saved bookmarks and passwords will not be lost. This will not affect your history, passwords, bookmarks, and other saved data.
- First, run the Google Chrome and click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will display the Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then press Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the add-on labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following instructions: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Advanced” link, which located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Chrome will display the reset settings prompt as shown on the screen above.
- Confirm the web browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Chrome settings to default.
How to stay safe online
It is also critical to protect your web-browsers from malicious web sites and ads by using an ad-blocking application such as AdGuard. Cyber threat analysts says that it’ll greatly reduce the risk of malware, and potentially save lots of money. Additionally, the AdGuard may also protect your privacy by blocking almost all trackers.
Download AdGuard from the following link. Save it on your Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
When downloading is finished, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as displayed below.
Follow the prompts. After the setup is done, you will see a window like below.
You can click “Skip” to close the install program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial which will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you start your machine, AdGuard will launch automatically and block unwanted ads, as well as other harmful or misleading websites. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that is located on your desktop.
Now your system should be free of the GoogleFix.exe virus. We suggest that you keep Zemana Anti Malware (to periodically scan your personal computer for new malware and other security threats) and AdGuard (to help you block unwanted pop up ads and malicious web-sites). Moreover, to prevent any malicious software, please stay clear of unknown and third party programs, make sure that your antivirus program, turn on the option to search for PUPs.
If you need more help with GoogleFix.exe virus related issues, go to here.