Are you facing a problem with the Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge browsers that constantly redirects to a suspicious web-site called Click-on-this.today? Then, there are chances that are your PC system is hijacked by unwanted software from the ‘ad-supported’ software (also known as adware) family.
What does adware mean? Ad-supported software is a part of potentially unwanted apps whose motive is to earn money for its author. It have different ways of earning by showing the ads forcibly to its victims. Adware can open pop-ups, display unsolicited ads, alter the victim’s browser settings, or reroute the victim’s web-browser to unknown web-sites. Below we are discussing the methods which are very useful in removing adware. The guide will also allow you to remove Click-on-this.today pop-up advertisements from your web-browser.
The ad-supported software related to Click-on-this.today pop ups is a part of software that is used as an online promotional utility. It’s made with the sole purpose to open dozens of popup ads, and thus to promote the goods and services in an open browser window. The adware can substitute the legitimate advertisements on misleading or even banners that can offer to visit harmful webpages.
Even worse, it has the ability to gather your browsing history and privacy info, including passwords and credit card numbers. In the future, marketing-type data about you can be sold to third parties.
We recommend you to delete adware and clean your personal computer from Click-on-this.today pop-up ads immediately, until the presence of the adware has not led to even worse consequences. You need to follow the few simple steps below that will allow you to completely remove the redirect to Click-on-this.today intrusive web site, using only the built-in MS Windows features and several free malicious software removal utilities of well-known antivirus software companies.
Remove Click-on-this.today pop ups, ads, notifications (removal guide)
We are presenting various solutions to remove Click-on-this.today popup advertisements from the MS Edge, IE, Firefox and Chrome using only internal Windows functions. Most of ad supported software and PUPs can be removed through these processes. If these steps does not help to get rid of Click-on-this.today advertisements, then it is better to run a free malicious software removal tools linked below.
To remove Click-on-this.today pop-ups, use the steps below:
- Uninstall ad supported software through the Microsoft Windows Control Panel
- Remove Click-on-this.today from Firefox by resetting web browser settings
- Remove Click-on-this.today pop-up ads from Chrome
- Get rid of Click-on-this.today redirect from Internet Explorer
- Click-on-this.today pop-ups automatic removal
- How to block Click-on-this.today
Manual Click-on-this.today pop-up advertisements removal
These steps to remove Click-on-this.today pop ups without any apps are presented below. Be sure to carry out the step-by-step steps completely to fully remove this adware that developed to redirect your browser to various ad pages like the Click-on-this.today.
Uninstall ad supported software through the Microsoft Windows Control Panel
Some potentially unwanted applications, browser hijacking applications and ad supported software can be removed by uninstalling the freeware they came with. If this way does not succeed, then looking them up in the list of installed programs in Microsoft Windows Control Panel. Use the “Uninstall” command in order to remove them.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then click Windows button, next press Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then press “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will open the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, press “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will display a list of all apps installed on the system.
- Scroll through the all list, and remove suspicious and unknown apps. To quickly find the latest installed applications, we recommend sort programs by date.
See more details in the video guide below.
Remove Click-on-this.today from Firefox by resetting web browser settings
If your Mozilla Firefox web-browser is redirected to Click-on-this.today without your permission or an unknown search engine shows results for your search, then it may be time to perform the web browser reset. However, your themes, bookmarks, history, passwords, and web form auto-fill information will not be deleted.
First, open the Mozilla Firefox and click button. It will display the drop-down menu on the right-part of the browser. Further, press the Help button () as shown on the image below.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the browser adress bar and press Enter. It will display the “Troubleshooting Information” page like below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, press the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will show the confirmation dialog box. Further, click the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Mozilla Firefox will start a process to fix your problems that caused by the Click-on-this.today ad-supported software. Once, it is finished, press the “Finish” button.
Remove Click-on-this.today pop-up ads from Chrome
If you have adware problem or the Google Chrome is running slow, then reset Google Chrome settings can help you. In the steps below we’ll show you a way to reset your Google Chrome settings to default values without reinstall. This will also allow to get rid of Click-on-this.today redirect from your browser.
- First launch the Google Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will open the Google Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed add-ons. If the list has the plugin labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following steps: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, press the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and press the “Reset” button.
- The Google Chrome will show the reset profile settings page as shown on the image above.
- Next press the “Reset” button.
- Once this procedure is done, your browser’s new tab page, search provider by default and startpage will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Get rid of Click-on-this.today redirect from Internet Explorer
In order to restore all web-browser newtab page, default search engine and start page you need to reset the Microsoft Internet Explorer to the state, that was when the Microsoft Windows was installed on your PC.
First, launch the Internet Explorer, click ) button. Next, click “Internet Options” as displayed on the screen below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, press Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the Reset Internet Explorer settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and click Reset button.
You will now need to reboot your computer for the changes to take effect. It will remove ad-supported software that causes undesired Click-on-this.today pop up advertisements, disable malicious and ad-supported web browser’s extensions and restore the IE’s settings like new tab, start page and default search engine to default state.
Click-on-this.today pop-ups automatic removal
Manual removal steps does not always help to completely get rid of the adware, as it’s not easy to identify and delete components of adware and all malicious files from hard disk. Therefore, it’s recommended that you use malicious software removal tool to completely get rid of Click-on-this.today off your browser. Several free malicious software removal tools are currently available that may be used against the ad supported software. The optimum way would be to run Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM), MalwareBytes and HitmanPro.
Scan and free your browser of Click-on-this.today advertisements with Zemana Anti Malware
Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) highly recommended, because it can detect security threats such adware and malware that most ‘classic’ antivirus apps fail to pick up on. Moreover, if you have any Click-on-this.today pop-ups removal problems which cannot be fixed by this tool automatically, then Zemana AntiMalware provides 24X7 online assistance from the highly experienced support staff.
Installing the Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) is simple. First you’ll need to download Zemana Anti-Malware on your system from the link below.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
When downloading is done, launch it and follow the prompts. Once installed, the Zemana Free will try to update itself and when this task is finished, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the adware which cause intrusive Click-on-this.today popup advertisements to appear.
This task can take quite a while, so please be patient. While the Zemana Anti Malware is scanning, you can see count of objects it has identified either as being malicious software. Once you have selected what you wish to delete from your computer click “Next” button.
The Zemana Anti Malware will remove adware that causes internet browsers to display annoying Click-on-this.today popup advertisements and move threats to the program’s quarantine.
Remove Click-on-this.today popup advertisements from web-browsers with HitmanPro
Hitman Pro is a portable utility which finds and removes undesired software such as hijackers, adware, toolbars, other internet browser extensions and other malware. It scans your PC for adware that causes web-browsers to open undesired Click-on-this.today ads and creates a list of threats marked for removal. Hitman Pro will only erase those unwanted apps that you wish to be removed.
Installing the HitmanPro is simple. First you will need to download Hitman Pro from the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
After the downloading process is done, open the folder in which you saved it. You will see an icon like below.
Double click the Hitman Pro desktop icon. Once the tool is launched, you will see a screen like below.
Further, press “Next” button to perform a system scan for the ad-supported software related to Click-on-this.today pop up advertisements. This process can take some time, so please be patient. When the checking is done, HitmanPro will open a list of all threats detected by the scan as displayed in the following example.
Review the report and then click “Next” button. It will display a prompt, press the “Activate free license” button.
How to get rid of Click-on-this.today with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
Manual Click-on-this.today pop-ups removal requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the adware may be not completely removed. We advise that use the MalwareBytes that are completely free your PC of ad supported software. Moreover, the free application will allow you to get rid of malicious software, PUPs, browser hijackers and toolbars that your personal computer can be infected too.
- Click the following link to download MalwareBytes. Save it on your MS Windows desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- When the download is finished, close all applications and windows on your computer. Open a file location. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- Further, press Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once setup is done, click the “Scan Now” button . MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) utility will begin scanning the whole PC system to find out ad-supported software that cause undesired Click-on-this.today pop-ups to appear. This process can take quite a while, so please be patient.
- When MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) has completed scanning your personal computer, you’ll be shown the list of all detected threats on your personal computer. Once you have selected what you wish to remove from your personal computer press “Quarantine Selected”. When finished, you can be prompted to restart your PC system.
The following video offers a few simple steps on how to remove browser hijacker infections, adware and other malicious software with MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM).
How to block Click-on-this.today
To put it simply, you need to use an ad blocker tool (AdGuard, for example). It will stop and protect you from all intrusive web-pages such as Click-on-this.today, ads and pop ups. To be able to do that, the ad blocking application uses a list of filters. Each filter is a rule that describes a malicious web page, an advertising content, a banner and others. The adblocker program automatically uses these filters, depending on the sites you’re visiting.
- Visit the following page to download the latest version of AdGuard for MS Windows. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop or in any other place.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After downloading it, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is complete, press “Skip” to close the install program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your PC, AdGuard will run automatically and stop pop-up ads, block Click-on-this.today, as well as other malicious or misleading web sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon called AdGuard, that is located on your desktop.
Don’t know how your web browser has been hijacked by Click-on-this.today pop up advertisements?
The ad-supported software most likely to occur during the installation of free software due the fact that PUPs like this are mostly hidden in the installation package. Thus, if you have installed some free programs using Quick(Standard) mode, you may have let the Click-on-this.today pop-ups get inside the web-browser. Keep in mind that the Quick mode is unreliable because it do not warn about optional software. Thus, bundled applications will be installed automatically unless you select Advanced/Custom mode and uncheck its installation.
Now your PC system should be free of the adware that cause unwanted Click-on-this.today pop ups to appear. We suggest that you keep Zemana (to periodically scan your computer for new adwares and other malware) and AdGuard (to help you stop unwanted advertisements and harmful web-pages). Moreover, to prevent any adware, please stay clear of unknown and third party apps, make sure that your antivirus application, turn on the option to search for potentially unwanted apps.
If you need more help with Click-on-this.today pop-ups related issues, go to here.