If you keep receiving unwanted Gsafe.getawesome2.com pop-ups, when you browse the Internet with the Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome and Edge, then most likely that you have an adware (also known as ‘ad-supported’ software) installed on your computer.
Ad supported software is a form of harmful applications. It does not delete files or infect them, but like a virus can modify machine settings like the new tab page, search provider and home page and download and install malicious plugins which generates a large number of ads. All the time, while the adware is running, your web-browser will be fill with unwanted advertisements.
The adware that responsible for the appearance of Gsafe.getawesome2.com redirect, may inject a lot of advertisements directly to the websites that you visit, creating a sense that the advertising banners have been added by the creators of the page. Moreover, legal advertising banners may be replaced on the fake advertisements, that will offer to download and install various unnecessary and malicious software.
Even worse, the adware can analyze your browsing, and gain access to your confidential data and, subsequently, can sell it to third party companies. Thus, there are more than enough reasons to get rid of Gsafe.getawesome2.com pop up ads from your PC.
The instructions below explaining steps to remove Gsafe.getawesome2.com popup ads problem. Feel free to use it for removal of the adware that may attack Chrome, Microsoft Edge, IE and Mozilla Firefox and other popular internet browsers. The steps will help you remove adware and thus clean your browser from all annoying ads.
How to remove Gsafe.getawesome2.com pop-up ads
Fortunately, it is not hard to remove ad-supported software responsible for redirecting your browser to Gsafe.getawesome2.com web-site. In the following guide, we will provide two ways to clean your computer of this adware. One is the manual removal solution and the other is automatic removal method. You can select the solution that best fits you. Please follow the removal tutorial below to delete Gsafe.getawesome2.com popups right now!
To remove Gsafe.getawesome2.com, execute the steps below:
- How to remove Gsafe.getawesome2.com pop-ups without any software
- How to remove Gsafe.getawesome2.com pop-up advertisements with free programs
- How to stop Gsafe.getawesome2.com advertisements
- How to avoid installation of adware
- To sum up
How to remove Gsafe.getawesome2.com pop-ups without any software
The following instructions is a step-by-step guide, which will help you manually remove Gsafe.getawesome2.com advertisements from the Edge, IE, Google Chrome and Firefox.
Remove PUPs through the Windows Control Panel
In order to remove potentially unwanted apps like this adware, open the MS Windows Control Panel and click on “Uninstall a program”. Check the list of installed programs. For the ones you do not know, run an Internet search to see if they are adware, hijacker or potentially unwanted software. If yes, remove them off. Even if they are just a programs which you do not use, then deleting them off will increase your machine start up time and speed dramatically.
Make sure you have closed all web-browsers and other software. Next, uninstall any undesired and suspicious apps from your Control panel.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Now, click the Windows button, type “Control panel” in search and press Enter. Choose “Programs and Features”, then “Uninstall a program”.
Look around the entire list of programs installed on your computer. Most probably, one of them is the adware which made to redirect your web-browser to various ad web-pages such as Gsafe.getawesome2.com. Select the suspicious program or the application that name is not familiar to you and uninstall it.
Windows Vista, 7
From the “Start” menu in Windows, select “Control Panel”. Under the “Programs” icon, select “Uninstall a program”.
Select the questionable or any unknown software, then click “Uninstall/Change” button to uninstall this undesired program from your machine.
Click the “Start” button, select “Control Panel” option. Click on “Add/Remove Programs”.
Choose an unwanted program, then click “Change/Remove” button. Follow the prompts.
Get rid of Gsafe.getawesome2.com advertisements from Internet Explorer
In order to recover all internet browser new tab page, search provider by default and start page you need to reset the IE to the state, that was when the Microsoft Windows was installed on your machine.
First, open the Internet Explorer. Next, click the button in the form of gear (). It will open the Tools drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options” as shown below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then press the Reset button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window like below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then press “Reset” button.
You will now need to restart your machine for the changes to take effect.
Remove Gsafe.getawesome2.com from Mozilla Firefox by resetting web browser settings
Resetting Firefox web-browser will reset all the settings to their default values and will remove Gsafe.getawesome2.com popup advertisements, malicious add-ons and extensions. However, your themes, bookmarks, history, passwords, and web form auto-fill information will not be deleted.
First, open the Mozilla Firefox and click button. It will display the drop-down menu on the right-part of the web-browser. Further, click the Help button () like below.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the web browser adress bar and press Enter. It will open the “Troubleshooting Information” page as on the image below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, click the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will open the confirmation dialog box. Further, click the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Mozilla Firefox will begin a task to fix your problems that caused by the Gsafe.getawesome2.com adware. After, it’s finished, click the “Finish” button.
Remove Gsafe.getawesome2.com pop-ups from Chrome
In this step we are going to show you how to reset Chrome settings. PUPs like the ad-supported software can make changes to your web-browser settings, add toolbars and unwanted add-ons. By resetting Google Chrome settings you will get rid of Gsafe.getawesome2.com pop ups and reset unwanted changes caused by adware. Essential information such as bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, cookies, auto-fill data and personal dictionaries will not be removed.
- First launch the Chrome and press Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will show the Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following tutorial: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, press the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Google Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset” button.
- The Chrome will open the reset profile settings page as on the image above.
- Next press the “Reset” button.
- Once this task is done, your web browser’s homepage, search provider and newtab page will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
How to remove Gsafe.getawesome2.com pop-up advertisements with free programs
If you are not expert at computer technology, then we recommend to run free removal utilities listed below to get rid of Gsafe.getawesome2.com redirect for good. The automatic way is highly recommended. It has less steps and easier to implement than the manual method. Moreover, it lower risk of system damage. So, the automatic Gsafe.getawesome2.com removal is a better option.
Scan and free your browser of Gsafe.getawesome2.com redirect with Zemana
Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) highly recommended, because it can scan for security threats such ad supported software and adwares which most ‘classic’ antivirus applications fail to pick up on. Moreover, if you have any Gsafe.getawesome2.com advertisements removal problems which cannot be fixed by this utility automatically, then Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) provides 24X7 online assistance from the highly experienced support staff.
Installing the Zemana is simple. First you’ll need to download Zemana Free by clicking on the following link. Save it directly to your Microsoft Windows Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
After downloading is done, close all windows on your computer. Further, launch the set up file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. If the “User Account Control” dialog box pops up as displayed on the image below, click the “Yes” button.
It will open the “Setup wizard” which will assist you install Zemana on the personal computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once installation is done successfully, Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) will automatically launch and you can see its main window as on the image below.
Next, press the “Scan” button to start checking your computer for the adware that responsible for the appearance of Gsafe.getawesome2.com advertisements. Depending on your system, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. While the Zemana Free program is scanning, you can see number of objects it has identified as threat.
As the scanning ends, the results are displayed in the scan report. When you’re ready, press “Next” button.
The Zemana will get rid of adware responsible for Gsafe.getawesome2.com pop ups and move threats to the program’s quarantine. After finished, you can be prompted to reboot your computer.
Scan and free your PC system of adware with Hitman Pro
HitmanPro is a portable application that requires no hard setup to identify and remove ad-supported software that causes internet browsers to show intrusive Gsafe.getawesome2.com advertisements. The program itself is small in size (only a few Mb). HitmanPro does not need any drivers and special dlls. It is probably easier to use than any alternative malware removal tools you’ve ever tried. HitmanPro works on 64 and 32-bit versions of Windows 10, 8, 7 and XP. It proves that removal utility can be just as useful as the widely known antivirus programs.
- Download HitmanPro by clicking on the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- After downloading is finished, double click the Hitman Pro icon. Once this tool is started, click “Next” button to perform a system scan for the adware related to Gsafe.getawesome2.com pop-up ads. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient. During the scan Hitman Pro will search for threats present on your personal computer.
- When HitmanPro completes the scan, Hitman Pro will show you the results. Review the results once the utility has finished the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply click “Next” button. Now click the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to remove all malicious software found.
Use MalwareBytes AntiMalware to delete Gsafe.getawesome2.com popup advertisements
Manual Gsafe.getawesome2.com pop up advertisements removal requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the ad-supported software can be not fully removed. We suggest that run the MalwareBytes Free that are completely free your personal computer of ad-supported software. Moreover, the free application will allow you to get rid of malware, potentially unwanted apps, browser hijackers and toolbars that your PC system can be infected too.
- Visit the following page to download the latest version of MalwareBytes for MS Windows. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Category: Security tools
Update: July 25, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web-browser will open the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- Once the downloading process is done, please close all software and open windows on your personal computer. Double-click on the icon that’s called mb3-setup.
- This will run the “Setup wizard” of MalwareBytes onto your PC. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes will run and show the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button for checking your computer for the ad-supported software which redirects your internet browser to annoying Gsafe.getawesome2.com web-page. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your PC system and the speed of your computer. When a malicious software, ad-supported software or PUPs are detected, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the checking is complete.
- When MalwareBytes Free has completed scanning, MalwareBytes will show a scan report.
- Next, you need to click the “Quarantine Selected” button. Once the process is done, you may be prompted to reboot the personal computer.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
How to stop Gsafe.getawesome2.com advertisements
If you want to remove annoying advertisements, web-browser redirections and popups, then install an ad blocker program such as AdGuard. It can block Gsafe.getawesome2.com, ads, popups and block web sites from tracking your online activities when using the Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Edge and Google Chrome. So, if you like surf the Web, but you don’t like undesired advertisements and want to protect your PC from harmful websites, then the AdGuard is your best choice.
Installing the AdGuard is simple. First you will need to download AdGuard on your MS Windows Desktop by clicking on the link below.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
After downloading it, double-click the downloaded file to run it. The “Setup Wizard” window will show up on the computer screen like below.
Follow the prompts. AdGuard will then be installed and an icon will be placed on your desktop. A window will show up asking you to confirm that you want to see a quick instructions as shown on the screen below.
Click “Skip” button to close the window and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
Each time, when you launch your personal computer, AdGuard will launch automatically and block popup advertisements, web sites such as Gsafe.getawesome2.com, as well as other harmful or misleading web-pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which is located on your desktop.
How to avoid installation of adware
To sum up
Now your personal computer should be free of the ad-supported software that responsible for the appearance of Gsafe.getawesome2.com pop ups. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted ads and undesired malicious web sites) and Zemana Anti Malware (to periodically scan your PC system for new malicious software, hijackers and adware). Make sure that you have all the Critical Updates recommended for Windows operating system. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new browser hijackers, harmful programs and adware are released.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove Gsafe.getawesome2.com redirect from your browser, then ask for help here.