The KeePassApp is an unwanted software from Adware (sometimes named ‘ad-supported’ software) family. The ad supported software can bring a security risk to your PC system. So, don’t ignore it! The KeePassApp ad-supported software is created in order to show intrusive advertisements, even without your permission and desire to see it. These unwanted advertisements can be just the beginning, because your computer is hijacked by malicious software, so the amount of pop up ads in the future may increase. Its appearance will prevent you normally browse the Internet, and more, can lead to crash the internet browser.
Currently, the adware is widely spread, due to the fact that most people are trying to find free programs, download and install them on the computer without proper attention to the fact that Adware can be installed onto the PC along with them.
When KeePassApp adware hijacks your machine, it might carry out various harmful tasks. It can analyze the location and which Internet web sites you visit, and then show ads to the types of content, goods or services featured there. Ad supported software creators can gather and sell your browsing information and behavior to third parties.
It is important, don’t use KeePassApp software and do not click on its ads, as they can lead you to a more malicious or misleading web sites. The best option is to use the step-by-step guide posted below to clean your PC of ad supported software and thereby delete KeePassApp adware.
How to remove KeePassApp adware (Virus removal guide)
Not all undesired applications like the KeePassApp are easily uninstallable. You might see popups, deals, text links, in-text ads, banners and other type of advertisements in the Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge and might not be able to figure out the program responsible for this activity. The reason for this is that many undesired programs neither appear in Windows Control Panel. Therefore in order to fully remove KeePassApp , you need to execute the following steps. Certain of the steps below will require you to close this web-site. So, please read the few simple steps carefully, after that bookmark or print it for later reference.
To remove KeePassApp, execute the steps below:
- Get rid of KeePassApp adware without any utilities
- Delete KeePassApp adware with free applications
- How to stay safe online
- Where the KeePassApp comes from
- Finish words
Get rid of KeePassApp adware without any utilities
These steps to get rid of KeePassApp ad supported software without any software are presented below. Be sure to carry out the step-by-step steps completely to fully delete this KeePassApp that causes web-browsers to display unwanted popup ads.
Uninstall potentially unwanted apps using Microsoft Windows Control Panel
First method for manual adware removal is to go into the MS Windows “Control Panel”, then “Uninstall a program” console. Take a look at the list of apps on your PC and see if there are any dubious and unknown software. If you see any, you need to remove them. Of course, before doing so, you can do an World Wide Web search to find details on the program. If it is a potentially unwanted program, adware or malicious software, you will likely find information that says so.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then click Windows button, next click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then press “Start” button and press “Control Panel”.
- It will display the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will display a list of all programs installed on the system.
- Scroll through the all list, and remove suspicious and unknown programs. To quickly find the latest installed software, we recommend sort programs by date.
See more details in the video guidance below.
Delete KeePassApp ad-supported software from Internet Explorer
By resetting Internet Explorer web-browser you revert back your browser settings to its default state. This is basic when troubleshooting problems that might have been caused by KeePassApp adware that cause undesired pop ups to appear.
First, launch the Internet Explorer, then press ‘gear’ icon . It will show the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the web browser, then click the “Internet Options” as on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then click the “Reset” button. The IE will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” prompt. Further, press the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, click the “Reset” button as shown on the image below.
After the task is complete, click “Close” button. Close the Internet Explorer and restart your PC system for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your web-browser’s newtab page, default search engine and homepage to default state.
Get rid of KeePassApp from Firefox by resetting browser settings
Resetting your Firefox is good initial troubleshooting step for any issues with your web browser program, including the redirect to unwanted web-pages and annoying ads. However, your saved passwords and bookmarks will not be changed, deleted or cleared.
First, open the Firefox. Next, press the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will open the drop-down menu. Next, click the Help button ().
In the Help menu press the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button as shown in the following example.
Confirm your action, press the “Refresh Firefox”.
Remove KeePassApp adware from Google Chrome
Run the Reset browser utility of the Chrome to reset all its settings that has been changed by adware. This is a very useful tool to use, in the case of web browser redirects to undesired ad web-sites.
- First, launch the Google Chrome and press the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will display the Google Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed addons. If the list has the plugin labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following tutorial: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, press “Advanced” link, which located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Google Chrome will show the reset settings dialog box as shown on the screen above.
- Confirm the internet browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
If the annoying KeePassApp ads opens automatically on Windows startup or at equal time intervals, then you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and remove all tasks that have been created by malicious software.
Press Windows and R keys on the keyboard simultaneously. This displays a prompt that called Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and click OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, click “Task Scheduler Library”, as on the image below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Please select the first task, its properties will be show just below automatically. Next, click the Actions tab. Pay attention to that it launches on your PC. Found something suspicious, then delete this harmful task. If you are not sure that executes the task, check it through a search engine. If it’s a component of the ‘ad-supported’ program, then this task also should be removed.
Having defined the task that you want to delete, then click on it with the right mouse button and select Delete as on the image below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by the KeePassApp adware. Once is complete, close the Task Scheduler window.
Delete KeePassApp adware with free applications
Manual removal guide does not always allow to completely get rid of the adware, as it is not easy to identify and delete components of ad supported software and all malicious files from hard disk. Therefore, it is recommended that you run malicious software removal utility to completely remove KeePassApp off your web browser. Several free malware removal utilities are currently available that can be used against the adware. The optimum way would be to run Zemana Anti-Malware, MalwareBytes Anti Malware and HitmanPro.
How to remove KeePassApp adware with Zemana Free
We recommend using the Zemana Anti-Malware which are completely clean your machine of the adware. The utility is an advanced malicious software removal program created by (c) Zemana lab. It’s able to help you get rid of PUPs, hijacker infections, malicious software, toolbars, ransomware and adware such as the KeePassApp.
- Please go to the following link to download Zemana Free. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop or in any other place.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- After downloading is complete, close all programs and windows on your personal computer. Open a folder in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once setup is done, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this tool for the KeePassApp adware and other unwanted software. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your computer.
- When the scan get completed, Zemana AntiMalware will show a screen which contains a list of malware that has been detected. Make sure all threats have ‘checkmark’ and click “Next”. After that process is done, you can be prompted to reboot your computer.
Scan and free your PC of adware with Hitman Pro
The HitmanPro utility is free (30 day trial) and easy to use. It can scan and delete malware, potentially unwanted programs and adware in Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Microsoft Internet Explorer internet browsers and thereby delete all undesired KeePassApp popup ads. Hitman Pro is powerful enough to find and delete harmful registry entries and files that are hidden on the PC.
- Visit the page linked below to download Hitman Pro. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- After the downloading process is done, double click the HitmanPro icon. Once this utility is opened, click “Next” button . Hitman Pro application will scan through the whole machine for the KeePassApp adware. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the count of files on your PC system and the speed of your PC. While the tool is scanning, you may see count of objects and files has already scanned.
- Once the system scan is finished, Hitman Pro will open you the results. All detected items will be marked. You can remove them all by simply click “Next” button. Now click the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to remove all malware found.
Scan and clean your personal computer of adware with Malwarebytes
We recommend using the Malwarebytes Free. You may download and install Malwarebytes to look for ad-supported software and thereby remove KeePassApp ad-supported software from your web browsers. When installed and updated, the free malware remover will automatically scan and detect all threats present on the machine.
Click the link below to download MalwareBytes. Save it on your MS Windows desktop or in any other place.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
Once downloading is done, close all software and windows on your personal computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup as shown on the image below.
When the install begins, you will see the “Setup wizard” that will help you set up Malwarebytes on your computer.
Once install is done, you’ll see window as displayed on the image below.
Now press the “Scan Now” button for checking your personal computer for the KeePassApp adware that causes unwanted pop-up advertisements. This procedure can take quite a while, so please be patient. While the MalwareBytes program is scanning, you can see how many objects it has identified as threat.
After MalwareBytes completes the scan, you can check all threats detected on your personal computer. Review the report and then press “Quarantine Selected” button.
The Malwarebytes will now start to get rid of KeePassApp and other unwanted software. When the clean up is finished, you may be prompted to restart your personal computer.
The following video explains tutorial on how to delete browser hijacker, adware and other malware with MalwareBytes Free.
How to stay safe online
Run an ad-blocker utility such as AdGuard will protect you from harmful advertisements and content. Moreover, you may find that the AdGuard have an option to protect your privacy and stop phishing and spam webpages. Additionally, ad blocker programs will help you to avoid undesired popups and unverified links that also a good way to stay safe online.
AdGuard can be downloaded from the following link. Save it directly to your Microsoft Windows Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
After the downloading process is finished, double-click the downloaded file to launch it. The “Setup Wizard” window will show up on the computer screen as displayed in the figure below.
Follow the prompts. AdGuard will then be installed and an icon will be placed on your desktop. A window will show up asking you to confirm that you want to see a quick guide as shown in the figure below.
Click “Skip” button to close the window and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
Each time, when you launch your machine, AdGuard will start automatically and stop unwanted popup ads, as well as other harmful or misleading pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that can be found on your desktop.
Where the KeePassApp comes from
The KeePassApp adware can be classified as PUP (potentially unwanted program) that usually comes on the system with other freeware. In most cases, this undesired application comes without the user’s knowledge. Therefore, many users aren’t even aware that their machine has been hijacked with malware. Please follow the easy rules in order to protect your machine from any undesired apps: do not install any suspicious programs, read the user agreement and select only the Custom, Manual or Advanced installation method, don’t rush to click the Next button. Also, always try to find a review of the program on the World Wide Web. Be careful and attentive! If KeePassApp has already come into your PC, then you need to check your computer for adware and other malware. Use our detailed steps that are listed above.
Once you have finished the guidance outlined above, your PC system should be clean from this ad-supported software and other malware. The Google Chrome, Firefox, IE and Microsoft Edge will no longer show the undesired KeePassApp ads when you browse the Internet. Unfortunately, if the step-by-step tutorial does not help you, then you have caught a new adware, and then the best way – ask for help.
Please create a new question by using the “Ask Question” button in the Questions and Answers. Try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately. Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the KeePassApp adware.