What is KuaiZip? IT security specialists has determined that KuaiZip is a potentially unwanted program (PUP). Currently, this potentially unwanted program are widely spread, due to the fact that most people are trying to find free software, download and install them on the computer without proper attention to the fact that PUPs can penetrate into the PC system along with them.
If you still are not sure that your system is affected by KuaiZip or other PUP, then check your computer for the common symptoms of this infection:
- your internet browser displays advertisements where previously you have never seen;
- MS Edge, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox shows lots of undesired ads;
- web-browser settings such as home page and search provider are hijacked;
- your antivirus detects an infection;
- Internet connection may be slow.
Moreover, the KuaiZip, adware and other PUPs can collect your data. This confidential information, in the future, may be transferred third party companies. What creates the risk of theft of marketing-type data about you.
We recommend you to remove KuaiZip and clean your personal computer of any PUPs without a wait, until the presence of this PUP has not led to even worse consequences. You need to follow the steps below that will allow you to completely remove KuaiZip potentially unwanted program, using only the built-in Windows features and a few of specialized free utilities.
Remove KuaiZip (virus removal steps)
Not all malicious software such as KuaiZip PUP are easily uninstallable. You might see various types of unwanted changes to the computer settings and might not be able to figure out the application responsible for this activity. The reason for this is that many unwanted apps neither appear in Windows Control Panel. Therefore in order to fully delete KuaiZip potentially unwanted program, you need to complete the steps below. Some of the steps below will require you to shut down this website. So, please read the few simple steps carefully, after that bookmark or print it for later reference.
To remove KuaiZip, use the following steps:
- Uninstall KuaiZip from Windows 10, 8, 7, XP
- How to automatically remove KuaiZip with Zemana Anti-Malware
- Use HitmanPro to remove KuaiZip PUP
- Use Malwarebytes to delete KuaiZip adware
- Remove KuaiZip potentially unwanted program from Internet Explorer
- Remove KuaiZip potentially unwanted program from Firefox
- Remove KuaiZip PUP from Google Chrome
- Use AdBlocker to stay safe online
- To sum up
Uninstall KuaiZip from Windows 10, 8, 7, XP
Check out the Microsoft Windows Control Panel (Programs and Features section) to see all installed apps. We advise to click on the “Date Installed” in order to sort the list of applications by the date you installed them. If you see any unknown and dubious applications, they are the ones you need to delete.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
Windows XP, Vista, 7
Next, click “Uninstall a program”
It will display a list of all programs installed on your computer. Scroll through the all list, and delete any dubious and unknown programs. To quickly find the latest installed applications, we recommend sort apps by date in the Control panel.
How to automatically remove KuaiZip with Zemana Anti-Malware
We recommend you to use the Zemana which are completely clean your PC. Moreover, the utility will allow you to get rid of potentially unwanted programs, malware, toolbars and adware that your system can be infected too.
- Zemana can be downloaded from the following link. Save it directly to your MS Windows Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your internet browser will display the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- Once the download is finished, please close all software and open windows on your PC system. Next, start a file called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will launch the “Setup wizard” of Zemana Free onto your machine. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana Free will launch and display the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the KuaiZip and other malicious software and PUPs. Depending on your system, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour.
- Once Zemana Anti-Malware completes the scan, a list of all items found is prepared.
- Review the results once the tool has done the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply click the “Next” button. The tool will remove potentially unwanted program and other malicious software and PUPs and add threats to the Quarantine. When finished, you may be prompted to reboot the system.
- Close the Zemana AntiMalware and continue with the next step.
Use HitmanPro to remove KuaiZip PUP
Hitman Pro is a portable utility which identifies and deletes unwanted programs such as hijacker infections, adware, toolbars, malicious browser extensions and other unwanted software. It scans your computer for PUPs and other kinds of potential threats and creates a list of items marked for removal. Hitman Pro will only remove those undesired apps that you wish to be removed.
- Visit the page linked below to download the latest version of Hitman Pro for MS Windows. Save it directly to your MS Windows Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- When the downloading process is finished, double click the Hitman Pro icon. Once this utility is started, press “Next” button to begin checking your PC system for the KuaiZip adware and other kinds of potential threats like malware and PUPs. Depending on your computer, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. While the HitmanPro program is scanning, you can see how many objects it has identified as threat.
- As the scanning ends, Hitman Pro will show a list of all items detected by the scan. In order to delete all items, simply click “Next” button. Now click the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to delete all malicious software found.
Use Malwarebytes to delete KuaiZip adware
Remove KuaiZip adware manually is difficult and often the potentially unwanted program is not completely removed. Therefore, we suggest you to run the Malwarebytes Free which are completely clean your computer. Moreover, the free program will help you to get rid of malicious software, potentially unwanted apps, toolbars and adware that your machine may be infected too.
Download MalwareBytes by clicking on the following link. Save it directly to your Windows Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: July 25, 2019
When downloading is finished, close all applications and windows on your PC. Double-click the set up file named mb3-setup. If the “User Account Control” dialog box pops up as on the image below, click the “Yes” button.
It will open the “Setup wizard” which will help you install MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) on your computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once install is complete successfully, click Finish button. MalwareBytes will automatically start and you can see its main screen like below.
Now click the “Scan Now” button to perform a system scan for the KuaiZip and other security threats. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your personal computer. During the scan MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) will find out threats present on your personal computer.
When finished, you’ll be shown the list of all found threats on your computer. You may get rid of threats (move to Quarantine) by simply press “Quarantine Selected” button. The MalwareBytes Anti-Malware will get rid of KuaiZip and other security threats. When the clean-up is done, you may be prompted to reboot the personal computer.
We suggest you look at the following video, which completely explains the process of using the MalwareBytes Anti Malware to remove ad supported software, hijacker infection and other malware.
Remove KuaiZip potentially unwanted program from Internet Explorer
If you find that Internet Explorer web browser settings had been affected by the KuaiZip , then you may return your settings, via the reset browser process.
First, open the Internet Explorer. Next, press the button in the form of gear (). It will display the Tools drop-down menu, press the “Internet Options” like below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as shown in the figure below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then press “Reset” button.
You will now need to restart your personal computer for the changes to take effect.
Remove KuaiZip potentially unwanted program from Firefox
If the Firefox settings have been replaced by the KuaiZip adware, then resetting it to the default state can help. It will save your personal information like saved passwords, bookmarks, auto-fill data and open tabs.
Run the Firefox and press the menu button (it looks like three stacked lines) at the top right of the internet browser screen. Next, click the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It will display the slide-out menu.
Select the “Troubleshooting information”. If you’re unable to access the Help menu, then type “about:support” in your address bar and press Enter. It bring up the “Troubleshooting Information” page as shown in the following example.
Click the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the Troubleshooting Information page. Select “Refresh Firefox” in the confirmation dialog box. The Mozilla Firefox will start a process to fix your problems that caused by the PUP and other kinds of potential threats like malicious software and PUPs. When, it’s complete, click the “Finish” button.
Remove KuaiZip PUP from Google Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings can help you solve some problems caused by malicious software and remove unwanted changes caused by KuaiZip . This will also disable harmful add-ons as well as clear cookies and site data. It will save your personal information like saved passwords, bookmarks, auto-fill data and open tabs.
- First, start the Chrome and click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will open the Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed plugins. If the list has the addon labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guidance: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, press the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Advanced” link, that located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Chrome will show the reset settings dialog box as shown on the image above.
- Confirm the internet browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Use AdBlocker to stay safe online
By installing an ad blocker program like AdGuard, you are able to block harmful web pages, autoplaying video ads and get rid of a large number of distracting and annoying ads on pages.
Visit the page linked below to download AdGuard. Save it directly to your Windows Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
Once the downloading process is finished, double-click the downloaded file to start it. The “Setup Wizard” window will show up on the computer screen as on the image below.
Follow the prompts. AdGuard will then be installed and an icon will be placed on your desktop. A window will show up asking you to confirm that you want to see a quick tutorial as displayed in the figure below.
Click “Skip” button to close the window and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick guidance that will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
Each time, when you start your machine, AdGuard will run automatically and stop unwanted popup ads, as well as other harmful or misleading web-pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that can be found on your desktop.
To sum up
Once you have finished the steps above, your PC should be clean from the KuaiZip PUP and other adware, malware and PUPs. Your antivirus software will no longer detect any security threats. Unfortunately, if the steps does not help you, then you have caught a new malware, and then the best way – ask for help.
Please create a new question by using the “Ask Question” button in the Questions and Answers. Try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately. Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the KuaiZip PUP.