What is GenericRXGC trojan? Experienced security professionals has determined that GenericRXGC trojan is a malicious software. It is dropped or downloaded on your personal computer while browsing the World Wide Web. This security threat can perform a number of harmful actions of a developers’s choice on your computer.
Once started, this virus will be configured to run automatically when Microsoft Windows starts. It may show a lot of unwanted advertisements, inject harmful code into web pages that you are opening in your internet browser, hijack web browser’s settings like start page and search engine, and so on.
The GenericRXGC virus can steal your private information such as: your ip address, what is a web page you are viewing now, what you are looking for on the Internet, which links you are clicking, and much, much more. This virus may monetize its functionality by collecting data from your browsing sessions and selling it to third party companies. This puts your personal information at a security risk.
So, if you happen to encounter GenericRXGC trojan, then be quick and take effort to get rid of malicious software sooner. Follow the steps below to remove GenericRXGC virus. Let us know how you managed by sending us your comments please.
Remove GenericRXGC virus
As with deleting adware, malware or potentially unwanted software, there are few steps you can do. We suggest trying them all. If you do only one part of the guide, then it should be run malicious software removal tool, because it should remove virus and block any further infection. But to completely remove the GenericRXGC you’ll have to at least reset your web browser settings like newtab page, search engine and homepage to default state, uninstall all dubious applications, and remove GenericRXGC virus with malware removal tools. Certain of the steps below will require you to exit this web-page. So, please read the step-by-step tutorial carefully, after that bookmark or print it for later reference.
To remove GenericRXGC, use the steps below:
- Delete potentially unwanted apps using Windows Control Panel
- Automatically remove GenericRXGC virus with Zemana
- Run Hitman Pro to get rid of GenericRXGC from the personal computer
- Remove GenericRXGC virus with Malwarebytes
- Delete GenericRXGC virus from Internet Explorer
- Get rid of GenericRXGC virus from Chrome
- Remove GenericRXGC virus from Firefox
- How to stay safe online
- To sum up
Delete potentially unwanted apps using Windows Control Panel
First, go to MS Windows Control Panel and delete suspicious software, all programs you do not remember installing. It’s important to pay the most attention to apps you installed just before GenericRXGC virus appeared on your internet browser. If you don’t know what a program does, look for the answer on the Net.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then click Windows button, next click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then press “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will show the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will show a list of all apps installed on the machine.
- Scroll through the all list, and remove suspicious and unknown programs. To quickly find the latest installed software, we recommend sort software by date.
See more details in the video guidance below.
Automatically remove GenericRXGC virus with Zemana
Zemana Free highly recommended, because it can find security threats such adware and viruss which most ‘classic’ antivirus software fail to pick up on. Moreover, if you have any GenericRXGC virus removal problems which cannot be fixed by this utility automatically, then Zemana Anti Malware provides 24X7 online assistance from the highly experienced support staff.
- Visit the page linked below to download the latest version of Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) for MS Windows. Save it on your Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- After downloading is complete, close all programs and windows on your machine. Open a file location. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once setup is finished, press the “Scan” button to start scanning your PC system for the GenericRXGC virus and other security threats. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your PC.
- When Zemana Free has completed scanning, you can check all threats detected on your PC. All detected items will be marked. You can delete them all by simply press “Next”. Once the clean up is finished, you can be prompted to restart your computer.
Run Hitman Pro to get rid of GenericRXGC from the personal computer
Hitman Pro is a portable application that requires no hard setup to identify and remove virus and other malicious software and PUPs. The application itself is small in size (only a few Mb). Hitman Pro does not need any drivers and special dlls. It is probably easier to use than any alternative malware removal tools you have ever tried. Hitman Pro works on 64 and 32-bit versions of Windows 10, 8, 7 and XP. It proves that removal tool can be just as useful as the widely known antivirus applications.
- Click the following link to download HitmanPro. Save it on your Windows desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- After the download is finished, double click the Hitman Pro icon. Once this utility is launched, click “Next” button for checking your computer for the GenericRXGC virus and other malicious software and PUPs. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your computer. When a threat is detected, the count of the security threats will change accordingly.
- When the system scan is complete, the results are displayed in the scan report. Review the results once the tool has complete the system scan. If you think an entry should not be quarantined, then uncheck it. Otherwise, simply press “Next” button. Now press the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to remove all malicious software found.
Remove GenericRXGC virus with Malwarebytes
We recommend using the Malwarebytes Free. You may download and install Malwarebytes to scan for and get rid of GenericRXGC from your personal computer. When installed and updated, the free malware remover will automatically scan and detect all threats present on the PC system.
Visit the page linked below to download the latest version of MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM) for Windows. Save it on your Windows desktop or in any other place.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
When the downloading process is finished, run it and follow the prompts. Once installed, the MalwareBytes will try to update itself and when this process is finished, click the “Scan Now” button to perform a system scan with this utility for the GenericRXGC trojan and other malicious software and potentially unwanted applications. Depending on your computer, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. When a threat is found, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the scanning is finished. In order to get rid of all threats, simply click “Quarantine Selected” button.
The MalwareBytes Anti-Malware is a free application that you can use to remove all detected folders, files, services, registry entries and so on. To learn more about this malware removal utility, we advise you to read and follow the few simple steps or the video guide below.
Delete GenericRXGC virus from Internet Explorer
The IE reset is great if your browser is affected by GenericRXGC virus or you’ve unwanted plugins or toolbars on your internet browser, that installed by a malicious software.
First, run the Microsoft Internet Explorer, press ) button. Next, click “Internet Options” like below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, press Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the Reset Internet Explorer settings dialog box. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and click Reset button.
You will now need to reboot your computer for the changes to take effect. It will remove virus and other malicious software and potentially unwanted applications, disable malicious and ad-supported internet browser’s extensions and restore the Internet Explorer’s settings like homepage, default search provider and new tab page to default state.
Get rid of GenericRXGC virus from Chrome
In this step we are going to show you how to reset Google Chrome settings. The GenericRXGC can make changes to your browser settings including homepage, search engine by default and newtab, add toolbars and undesired addons. By resetting Google Chrome settings you will get rid of unwanted changes caused by GenericRXGC . However, your saved bookmarks and passwords will not be lost.
Open the Google Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal dotes (). It will display the drop-down menu. Choose More Tools, then press Extensions.
Carefully browse through the list of installed extensions. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following steps: Remove Google Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy otherwise, just go to the step below.
Open the Chrome main menu again, click to “Settings” option.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Advanced” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, as displayed in the following example and click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
Confirm your action, press the “Reset” button.
Remove GenericRXGC virus from Firefox
Resetting your Mozilla Firefox is basic troubleshooting step for any issues with your internet browser program. Essential information like bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, cookies, auto-fill data and personal dictionaries will not be removed.
Click the Menu button (looks like three horizontal lines), and click the blue Help icon located at the bottom of the drop down menu as shown below.
A small menu will appear, press the “Troubleshooting Information”. On this page, press “Refresh Firefox” button like below.
Follow the onscreen procedure to return your Firefox web-browser settings to their original state.
How to stay safe online
In order to increase your security and protect your system against unwanted advertisements and harmful web-sites, you need to use ad blocker program that stops an access to malicious advertisements and websites. Moreover, the program can stop the display of intrusive advertising, that also leads to faster loading of sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
Download AdGuard from the link below.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
After downloading it, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as shown in the following example.
Follow the prompts. Once the installation is complete, you will see a window like below.
You can press “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial which will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your system, AdGuard will start automatically and stop unwanted pop up advertisements, as well as other malicious or misleading web sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which can be found on your desktop.
To sum up
Now your computer should be free of the GenericRXGC virus. We suggest that you keep Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) (to periodically scan your machine for new malware and other security threats) and AdGuard (to help you stop unwanted pop ups and harmful web pages). Moreover, to prevent any malware, please stay clear of unknown and third party apps, make sure that your antivirus application, turn on the option to scan for PUPs.
If you need more help with GenericRXGC related issues, go to here.