If you find yourself facing unwanted Driver Tonic pop ups on your screen, then this might be a sign that your browser has become a victim of potentially unwanted software. In this article we will discuss what PUP is and how can you remove Driver Tonic from your computer manually or with free removal utilities compatible with Microsoft Windows 10 (8, 7 and XP).
It is probably that you might be bothered with the Driver Tonic potentially unwanted program and other unwanted apps. You should not disregard this unwanted software. The PUP might not only display annoying pop-ups, warnings and alerts, but, even worse, it can gather a wide variety of your personal data, which can later transfer to third parties.
Take a deep breath. Learn everything you should know about Driver Tonic removal, how to get rid of PUPs from your system. Find the best free adware and malicious software removal utilities here!
How to remove Driver Tonic potentially unwanted program
We can help you uninstall Driver Tonic from your system, without the need to take your PC to a professional. Simply follow the removal guide below if you currently have the annoying potentially unwanted program on your system and want to delete it. If you have any difficulty while trying to get rid of the Driver Tonic and other unwanted apps, feel free to ask for our assist in the comment section below. Certain of the steps will require you to reboot your machine or exit this page. So, read this instructions carefully, then bookmark or print it for later reference.
To remove Driver Tonic, follow the steps below:
- Manual Driver Tonic PUP removal
- Use free malware removal utilities to completely remove Driver Tonic potentially unwanted program
- How to stay safe online
- To sum up
Manual Driver Tonic PUP removal
Read this “How to remove” section to know how to manually delete Driver Tonic and other PUPs. Even if the step-by-step tutorial does not work for you, there are several free malicious software removers below that can easily handle such Driver Tonic and other unwanted programs.
Uninstall potentially unwanted program through the Microsoft Windows Control Panel
Some applications are free only because their installer contains a PUP. This unwanted software generates revenue for the developers when it is installed. More often this potentially unwanted program can be deleted by simply uninstalling it from the ‘Uninstall a Program’ that is located in MS Windows control panel.
Make sure you have closed all internet browsers and other apps. Next, remove any unwanted and suspicious apps from your Control panel.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Now, press the Windows button, type “Control panel” in search and press Enter. Choose “Programs and Features”, then “Uninstall a program”.
Look around the entire list of applications installed on your PC system. Most probably, one of them is the Driver Tonic and other unwanted apps. Select the questionable program or the application that name is not familiar to you and uninstall it.
Windows Vista, 7
From the “Start” menu in Windows, select “Control Panel”. Under the “Programs” icon, choose “Uninstall a program”.
Select the suspicious or any unknown applications, then press “Uninstall/Change” button to remove this undesired program from your PC system.
Click the “Start” button, select “Control Panel” option. Click on “Add/Remove Programs”.
Choose an undesired application, then click “Change/Remove” button. Follow the prompts.
Use free malware removal utilities to completely remove Driver Tonic potentially unwanted program
If you are unsure how to delete Driver Tonic potentially unwanted program easily, consider using automatic potentially unwanted program removal software that listed below. It will identify the Driver Tonic and other unwanted applications and remove it from your machine for free.
Run Zemana Free to get rid of Driver Tonic
We recommend you to run the Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) that are completely clean your PC of Driver Tonic PUP and other unwanted software. Moreover, the utility will help you to delete potentially unwanted applications, malicious software, toolbars and hijacker infections that your PC may be infected too.
Zemana Free can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop or in any other place.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
Once downloading is complete, run it and follow the prompts. Once installed, the Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) will try to update itself and when this procedure is complete, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this utility for the Driver Tonic and other PUPs.
During the scan Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) will find out threats exist on your machine. Review the report and then press “Next” button.
The Zemana Free will start to delete Driver Tonic and other PUPs.
Run HitmanPro to remove Driver Tonic
Hitman Pro is a free removal utility that can be downloaded and run to get rid of Driver Tonic PUP and other unwanted apps, hijackers, malicious software, PUPs, toolbars and other threats from your personal computer. You can run this utility to search for threats even if you have an antivirus or any other security program.
- Download HitmanPro on your MS Windows Desktop from the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- After the download is finished, double click the HitmanPro icon. Once this tool is launched, press “Next” button to begin scanning your PC system for the Driver Tonic and other PUPs. A system scan may take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your computer. While the utility is checking, you may see count of objects and files has already scanned.
- After the scan get completed, you’ll be opened the list of all found items on your personal computer. You may delete items (move to Quarantine) by simply click “Next” button. Now click the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to get rid of all malware found.
Automatically remove Driver Tonic potentially unwanted program with Malwarebytes
You can delete Driver Tonic PUP automatically with a help of Malwarebytes Free. We suggest this free malware removal utility because it can easily delete hijackers, ad-supported software, PUPs and toolbars with all their components such as files, folders and registry entries.
- Download MalwareBytes by clicking on the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web browser will show the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- Once downloading is done, please close all software and open windows on your PC system. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will start the “Setup wizard” of MalwareBytes onto your system. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) will open and display the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan Now” button to begin checking your system for the Driver Tonic and other PUPs. This task can take quite a while, so please be patient. When a threat is detected, the count of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the checking is finished.
- After the scan is done, you can check all items detected on your machine.
- Review the scan results and then click the “Quarantine Selected” button. After that process is finished, you may be prompted to restart the PC.
- Close the Anti Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
How to stay safe online
It’s also critical to protect your internet browsers from malicious web-sites and advertisements by using an ad blocking application such as AdGuard. Security experts says that it will greatly reduce the risk of malware, and potentially save lots of money. Additionally, the AdGuard can also protect your privacy by blocking almost all trackers.
Visit the following page to download AdGuard. Save it on your MS Windows desktop or in any other place.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
After downloading it, double-click the downloaded file to start it. The “Setup Wizard” window will show up on the computer screen like below.
Follow the prompts. AdGuard will then be installed and an icon will be placed on your desktop. A window will show up asking you to confirm that you want to see a quick guide as shown on the screen below.
Click “Skip” button to close the window and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
Each time, when you start your personal computer, AdGuard will start automatically and stop unwanted pop-up ads, as well as other harmful or misleading web pages. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which is located on your desktop.
To sum up
Once you’ve complete the tutorial shown above, your computer should be clean from this PUP and other malware. The Firefox, IE, Google Chrome and Edge will no longer open unwanted ads when you browse the Web. Unfortunately, if the few simple steps does not help you, then you have caught a new PUP, and then the best way – ask for help.
Please create a new question by using the “Ask Question” button in the Questions and Answers. Try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately. Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the annoying Driver Tonic potentially unwanted program.