The Check and Switch is classified as a PUP (potentially unwanted program) from the ‘ad-supported’ software (also known as adware) category. It can display lots of unwanted pop-up ads within the Chrome, IE, Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Edge screen or redirect you to an intrusive ad web sites. So, if you have found that your web browser displays unwanted “Check and Switch” ads, then you do not need to wait. Follow the steps below to clean your PC system from the ‘ad supported’ software and thus get rid of Check and Switch without a wait.
The Check and Switch adware that redirects your web browser to intrusive ad web-sites is the part of the software that is used as an online promotional tool. It is created with the sole purpose to display dozens of popup ads, and thus to promote the goods and services in an open internet browser window. Moreover, the adware can substitute the legitimate sponsored links on misleading or even banners that can offer to visit malicious pages.
The worst is, the Check and Switch adware can be used to collect confidential data (your ip address, what is a webpage you are viewing now, what you are looking for on the Internet, which links you are clicking), which can later transfer to third parties.
We recommend to remove the Check and Switch adware that causes unwanted popup advertisements, as soon as you found this problem, as it can reroute your internet browser to web-resources which may load other malicious software on your computer.
Remove Check and Switch adware (removal instructions)
Not all undesired applications such as Check and Switch adware that causes browsers to open annoying ads are easily uninstallable. You might see pop-ups, deals, text links, in-text advertisements, banners and other type of ads in the Firefox, IE, Chrome and Microsoft Edge and might not be able to figure out the program responsible for this activity. The reason for this is that many unwanted apps neither appear in Windows Control Panel. Therefore in order to completely get rid of Check and Switch adware, you need to complete the following steps. Read it once, after doing so, please print this page as you may need to exit your browser or reboot your system.
To remove Check and Switch, use the following steps:
- How to manually delete Check and Switch
- How to get rid of Check and Switch ad supported software with free applications
- How to block unwanted ads
- Do not know how your web-browser has been hijacked by Check and Switch ?
- Finish words
How to manually delete Check and Switch
If you perform exactly the step-by-step tutorial below you should be able to remove the Check and Switch adware from the Firefox, IE, Chrome and Edge web-browsers.
Removing the Check and Switch, look the list of installed apps first
Some PUPs, browser hijacking programs and adware may be removed by uninstalling the free programs they came with. If this way does not succeed, then looking them up in the list of installed programs in MS Windows Control Panel. Use the “Uninstall” command in order to remove them.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Click the Microsoft Windows logo, and then click Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter as on the image below.
After the ‘Control Panel’ opens, press the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as displayed on the screen below.
Windows 7, Vista, XP
Open Start menu and choose the ‘Control Panel’ at right as on the image below.
Then go to ‘Add/Remove Programs’ or ‘Uninstall a program’ (Windows 7 or Vista) as displayed below.
Carefully browse through the list of installed apps and delete all dubious and unknown programs. We suggest to click ‘Installed programs’ and even sorts all installed programs by date. When you’ve found anything questionable that may be the Check and Switch ad supported software that causes tons of unwanted pop-up advertisements or other PUP (potentially unwanted program), then choose this program and press ‘Uninstall’ in the upper part of the window. If the suspicious program blocked from removal, then run Revo Uninstaller Freeware to completely remove it from your system.
Delete Check and Switch from Firefox by resetting internet browser settings
The Mozilla Firefox reset will delete redirects to unwanted ads, modified preferences, extensions and security settings. However, your themes, bookmarks, history, passwords, and web form auto-fill information will not be deleted.
Start the Firefox and press the menu button (it looks like three stacked lines) at the top right of the web-browser screen. Next, click the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It will display the slide-out menu.
Select the “Troubleshooting information”. If you are unable to access the Help menu, then type “about:support” in your address bar and press Enter. It bring up the “Troubleshooting Information” page like below.
Click the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the Troubleshooting Information page. Select “Refresh Firefox” in the confirmation prompt. The Mozilla Firefox will start a task to fix your problems that caused by the Check and Switch that causes lots of unwanted pop-up ads. After, it is finished, click the “Finish” button.
Remove Check and Switch adware from IE
In order to recover all browser settings you need to reset the Internet Explorer to the state, which was when the MS Windows was installed on your system.
First, start the Internet Explorer, click ) button. Next, click “Internet Options” as shown below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, press Reset button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will open the Reset Internet Explorer settings dialog box. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and click Reset button.
You will now need to reboot your computer for the changes to take effect. It will remove Check and Switch adware which developed to redirect your web browser to various ad web pages, disable malicious and ad-supported internet browser’s extensions and restore the Microsoft Internet Explorer’s settings like new tab page, search provider and start page to default state.
Remove Check and Switch ad supported software from Chrome
Reset Chrome settings is a easy way to remove the hijacker infections, harmful and ‘ad-supported’ extensions, as well as to recover the internet browser’s settings that have been changed by Check and Switch adware that designed to redirect your web browser to various ad web pages.
- First start the Chrome and press Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will display the Google Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed addons. If the list has the add-on labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guide: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset” button.
- The Google Chrome will display the reset profile settings page as shown on the screen above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this task is done, your web browser’s search provider by default, homepage and new tab page will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
How to get rid of Check and Switch ad supported software with free applications
Anti-Malware software differ from each other by many features like performance, scheduled scans, automatic updates, virus signature database, technical support, compatibility with other antivirus programs and so on. We advise you run the following free apps: Zemana Free, MalwareBytes Free and Hitman Pro. Each of these applications has all of needed features, but most importantly, they can search for the adware and remove Check and Switch ‘ad supported’ software from the Chrome, Edge, IE and Firefox.
Get rid of Check and Switch adware with Zemana Anti-malware
Zemana Anti-malware highly recommended, because it can scan for security threats such adware and ad-supported softwares that most ‘classic’ antivirus applications fail to pick up on. Moreover, if you have any Check and Switch ad supported software removal problems which cannot be fixed by this tool automatically, then Zemana Anti-malware provides 24X7 online assistance from the highly experienced support staff.
- Click the following link to download the latest version of Zemana Free for Windows. Save it on your Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web browser will display the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- After the downloading process is complete, please close all software and open windows on your system. Next, run a file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will run the “Setup wizard” of Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) onto your PC. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) will launch and open the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this tool for the Check and Switch adware that causes browsers to display undesired pop-up advertisements. This process may take some time, so please be patient. When a threat is detected, the count of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the checking is done.
- Once the scan is finished, Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) will open a scan report.
- Next, you need to click the “Next” button. The utility will delete Check and Switch adware that causes intrusive pop up advertisements. After disinfection is finished, you may be prompted to reboot the PC system.
- Close the Zemana and continue with the next step.
Use HitmanPro to remove Check and Switch ad-supported software from internet browser
If Zemana Free cannot delete this ad-supported software, then we suggests to run the Hitman Pro. Hitman Pro is a free removal tool for browser hijacker infections, PUPs, toolbars and Check and Switch adware that made to redirect your web browser to various ad web sites. It’s specially designed to work as a second scanner for your machine.
HitmanPro can be downloaded from the following link. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
Download and run HitmanPro on your machine. Once started, press “Next” button to find out Check and Switch adware that causes internet browsers to display undesired pop up advertisements. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your machine. During the scan Hitman Pro will scan for threats exist on your personal computer..
As the scanning ends, HitmanPro will show a list of all items found by the scan.
Review the report and then click Next button.
It will show a dialog box, press the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to remove all malicious software found.
Automatically delete Check and Switch ad-supported software with Malwarebytes
Manual Check and Switch adware removal requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the adware may be not completely removed. We suggest that use the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your computer of ad supported software. Moreover, the free program will help you to remove malicious software, PUPs, browser hijackers and toolbars that your computer may be infected too.
Visit the following page to download the latest version of MalwareBytes Free for Windows. Save it on your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: July 25, 2019
After the downloading process is finished, close all programs and windows on your computer. Double-click the install file named mb3-setup. If the “User Account Control” prompt pops up as shown below, click the “Yes” button.
It will open the “Setup wizard” that will help you set up MalwareBytes Free on your computer. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
Once setup is finished successfully, press Finish button. MalwareBytes Free will automatically start and you can see its main screen as displayed on the screen below.
Now click the “Scan Now” button to detect Check and Switch which reroutes your web browser to undesired ad web-sites. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the count of files on your PC system and the speed of your PC system. When a threat is detected, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the scanning is finished.
Once the system scan is finished, a list of all threats detected is created. You may remove items (move to Quarantine) by simply click “Quarantine Selected” button. The MalwareBytes Anti Malware will delete Check and Switch ad supported software and add threats to the Quarantine. Once disinfection is finished, you may be prompted to restart the PC.
We recommend you look at the following video, which completely explains the procedure of using the MalwareBytes to remove ad-supported software, browser hijacker infection and other malicious software.
How to block unwanted ads
Run adblocker application like AdGuard in order to block advertisements, malvertisements, pop-ups and online trackers, avoid having to install malicious and adware browser plug-ins and add-ons that affect your computer performance and impact your computer security. Surf the Internet anonymously and stay safe online!
- Installing the AdGuard is simple. First you will need to download AdGuard on your Microsoft Windows Desktop by clicking on the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- Once downloading is finished, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is done, press “Skip” to close the setup program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you start your computer, AdGuard will run automatically and stop unwanted popup ads, as well as other harmful or misleading pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, that can be found on your desktop.
Do not know how your web-browser has been hijacked by Check and Switch ?
Once you have finished the steps shown above, your computer should be free from Check and Switch adware, which made to reroute your web browser to various ad websites and other malicious software. The Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Edge and Chrome will no longer redirect you to various undesired webpages. Unfortunately, if the few simple steps does not help you, then you have caught a new ad supported software, and then the best way – ask for help here.