Cyber threat analysts have confirmed that the AmazingFilms is a browser hijacker. When downloaded and launched onto a personal computer, this browser hijacker quickly modifies the Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Edge browser’s settings like start page, new tab page and default search engine to its own web page without any permission. For this reason, every time you start the affected browser, it being redirected to the AmazingFilms search. Even though you have removed its address from your browser’s settings, after restart your web browser, the annoying website still appears.
If your machine is affected by AmazingFilms hijacker, every time you launch your internet browser you’ll see this web-page. Of course you can setup your homepage again, but next time you open a internet browser you will see that AmazingFilms search return. As mentioned above, the hijacker infection can change the default search engine on this unwanted web site too, so all your search queries will be redirected to AmazingFilms. Thus the authors of the hijacker can gather the search terms of your queries, and redirect you to annoying webpages.
The AmazingFilms browser hijacker is not a virus, but the virus behaves similarly. As a rootkit hides in the system, changes current settings of installed browsers, and blocks them from modifying. Also this hijacker may install additional browser extensions and modules that will show ads and popups. And finally, the AmazingFilms hijacker has the ability to gather user information about you such as what web-pages you’re opening, what you are looking for the World Wide Web and so on. This information, in the future, can be used for marketing purposes.
The hijacker infection such as AmazingFilms often change all internet browser shortcuts which located on your Desktop to force you visit some undesired web sites and display unwanted advertisements. As a result, your web-browser can still reroute you to an undesired webpage despite your internet browser is actually free of browser hijacker.
We strongly suggest that you perform the instructions below that will assist you to remove AmazingFilms search using the standard features of Windows and some proven free software.
How to remove AmazingFilms search redirect
Without a doubt, the browser hijacker is harmful to your personal computer. So you need to quickly and completely remove this malware. To get rid of this hijacker, you may use the manual removal steps which are given below or free malicious software removal utility such as Zemana Anti Malware, MalwareBytes or HitmanPro (all are free). We recommend you use automatic removal method that will help you to get rid of AmazingFilms search easily and safely. Manual removal is best used only if you’re well versed in PC system or in the case where hijacker is not deleted automatically. Read it once, after doing so, please print this page as you may need to exit your web-browser or reboot your machine.
To remove AmazingFilms, use the steps below:
- How to manually get rid of AmazingFilms
- Remove AmazingFilms related programs through the Control Panel of your computer
- Fix web browser shortcuts, altered by AmazingFilms hijacker
- Remove AmazingFilms redirect from Google Chrome
- Delete AmazingFilms startpage from Internet Explorer
- Remove AmazingFilms from Mozilla Firefox by resetting browser settings
- Scan your PC and remove AmazingFilms with free utilities
- Stop AmazingFilms and other unwanted web-sites
- Why has my homepage and search provider changed to AmazingFilms?
- Finish words
How to manually get rid of AmazingFilms
Most common hijacker infections may be removed without any antivirus applications. The manual hijacker removal is few simple steps that will teach you how to remove the AmazingFilms redirect.
Remove AmazingFilms related programs through the Control Panel of your computer
First method for manual hijacker removal is to go into the Windows “Control Panel”, then “Uninstall a program” console. Take a look at the list of software on your PC system and see if there are any questionable and unknown apps. If you see any, you need to remove them. Of course, before doing so, you can do an Internet search to find details on the application. If it is a potentially unwanted application, ‘ad supported’ software or malicious software, you will likely find information that says so.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Click the MS Windows logo, and then click Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter like below.
Once the ‘Control Panel’ opens, press the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as displayed on the screen below.
Windows 7, Vista, XP
Open Start menu and select the ‘Control Panel’ at right as shown below.
Then go to ‘Add/Remove Programs’ or ‘Uninstall a program’ (Microsoft Windows 7 or Vista) as displayed in the following example.
Carefully browse through the list of installed apps and delete all dubious and unknown applications. We suggest to click ‘Installed programs’ and even sorts all installed applications by date. After you’ve found anything suspicious that may be the browser hijacker related to AmazingFilms startpage or other potentially unwanted application (PUA), then choose this program and click ‘Uninstall’ in the upper part of the window. If the suspicious program blocked from removal, then use Revo Uninstaller Freeware to completely remove it from your computer.
Fix web browser shortcuts, altered by AmazingFilms hijacker
Once the browser hijacker is started, it can also modify the internet browser’s shortcuts, adding an argument such as “http://site.address” into the Target field. Due to this, every time you open the web-browser, it will display an intrusive web-page.
Right click on the shortcut file of hijacked web-browser as displayed below.
Select the “Properties” option and it’ll display the shortcut file’s properties. Next, click the “Shortcut” tab and then delete the “http://site.address” string from Target field as shown on the screen below.
Then click OK to save changes. Repeat the step for all internet browsers which are redirected to the AmazingFilms undesired web-page.
Remove AmazingFilms redirect from Google Chrome
Use the Reset browser utility of the Chrome to reset all its settings such as new tab page, search engine and homepage to original defaults. This is a very useful tool to use, in the case of web browser hijacks like AmazingFilms.
- First start the Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will display the Google Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed plugins. If the list has the addon labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guide: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Google Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset” button.
- The Chrome will display the reset profile settings page as on the image above.
- Next press the “Reset” button.
- Once this procedure is finished, your web-browser’s new tab page, search engine and homepage will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Delete AmazingFilms startpage from Internet Explorer
The IE reset is great if your browser is hijacked or you have unwanted extensions or toolbars on your browser, that installed by a malware.
First, open the IE. Next, click the button in the form of gear (). It will open the Tools drop-down menu, press the “Internet Options” like below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then press the Reset button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as displayed on the screen below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then press “Reset” button.
You will now need to restart your machine for the changes to take effect.
Remove AmazingFilms from Mozilla Firefox by resetting browser settings
If the Mozilla Firefox settings like new tab, search provider and homepage have been modified by the hijacker, then resetting it to the default state can help.
First, run the Firefox. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will display the drop-down menu. Next, click the Help button ().
In the Help menu click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button as displayed on the image below.
Confirm your action, click the “Refresh Firefox”.
Scan your PC and remove AmazingFilms with free utilities
After completing the manual removal instructions above all unwanted programs and web browser’s addons which causes web browser redirects to the AmazingFilms page should be removed. If the problem with AmazingFilms browser hijacker infection is still remained, then we suggest to scan your personal computer for any remaining malicious components. Use recommended free browser hijacker removal apps below.
Remove AmazingFilms with Zemana
You can download and use the Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) for free. This antimalware tool will scan all the registry keys and files in your personal computer along with the system settings and browser extensions. If it finds any malicious software, adware or malicious plugin that is causing redirect in your web-browsers to the AmazingFilms then the Zemana Free will remove them from your machine completely.
Download Zemana Free by clicking on the following link. Save it directly to your MS Windows Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
After the downloading process is done, launch it and follow the prompts. Once installed, the Zemana Free will try to update itself and when this task is done, click the “Scan” button to begin scanning your PC for the browser hijacker that causes internet browsers to open unwanted AmazingFilms web-site.
A system scan may take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your computer. While the tool is scanning, you can see how many objects and files has already scanned. Once you have selected what you want to remove from your computer press “Next” button.
The Zemana Free will begin to remove browser hijacker responsible for redirections to AmazingFilms.
Scan your computer and remove AmazingFilms home page with Hitman Pro
HitmanPro is a portable utility which identifies and deletes unwanted apps like hijackers, adware, toolbars, other web browser add-ons and other malware. It scans your machine for hijacker responsible for redirects to AmazingFilms and produces a list of threats marked for removal. Hitman Pro will only erase those unwanted programs that you wish to be removed.
- Installing the Hitman Pro is simple. First you will need to download HitmanPro from the link below. Save it on your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- When the download is complete, launch the Hitman Pro, double-click the HitmanPro.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, click Yes to continue.
- In the Hitman Pro window, click the “Next” to perform a system scan with this utility for the hijacker infection that modifies internet browser settings to replace your search provider by default, start page and new tab with AmazingFilms web page. This task can take quite a while, so please be patient. While the Hitman Pro tool is scanning, you can see how many objects it has identified as being affected by malicious software.
- Once that process is finished, Hitman Pro will display a list of found items. All found threats will be marked. You can delete them all by simply press “Next”. Now, click the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to remove all malicious software found.
Remove AmazingFilms homepage with Malwarebytes
Manual AmazingFilms search removal requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the browser hijacker can be not completely removed. We recommend that run the Malwarebytes Free that are completely free your PC of browser hijacker. Moreover, the free program will allow you to delete malware, potentially unwanted applications, ‘ad supported’ software and toolbars that your personal computer can be infected too.
- Download MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) on your Microsoft Windows Desktop by clicking on the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- Once downloading is finished, close all apps and windows on your machine. Open a file location. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once install is complete, click the “Scan Now” button . MalwareBytes Anti-Malware program will scan through the whole computer for the browser hijacker that causes web browsers to display unwanted AmazingFilms web site. Depending on your personal computer, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour.
- After the system scan is complete, MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) will show you the results. When you are ready, click “Quarantine Selected”. Once disinfection is finished, you can be prompted to reboot your machine.
The following video offers a guide on how to remove browser hijackers, ad-supported software and other malware with MalwareBytes.
Stop AmazingFilms and other unwanted web-sites
Running an ad-blocker application like AdGuard is an effective way to alleviate the risks. Additionally, adblocker software will also protect you from malicious ads and web pages, and, of course, block redirection chain to AmazingFilms and similar websites.
Download AdGuard by clicking on the following link. Save it directly to your MS Windows Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
After the download is finished, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as on the image below.
Follow the prompts. After the install is finished, you will see a window like below.
You can press “Skip” to close the installation application and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial which will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you run your machine, AdGuard will launch automatically and stop pop ups, AmazingFilms redirect, as well as other harmful or misleading websites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which may be found on your desktop.
Why has my homepage and search provider changed to AmazingFilms?
Now your PC should be free of the browser hijacker that causes web browsers to open annoying AmazingFilms page. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you stop unwanted pop ups and unwanted harmful web-pages) and Zemana Free (to periodically scan your machine for new browser hijackers and other malicious software). Probably you are running an older version of Java or Adobe Flash Player. This can be a security risk, so download and install the latest version right now.
If you are still having problems while trying to delete AmazingFilms redirect from the Edge, IE, Google Chrome and Firefox, then ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.