The AstrologySearcher web site as your home page should not be underestimated, because the reason for its appearance within your browser is a potentially unwanted application (PUA) from the group of hijacker infections which has been installed onto your system without your consent. The hijacker can bring a security risk to your personal computer. So, do not ignore it! Of course, the AstrologySearcher is just a web-site, but the browser hijacker infection uses it to redirect your internet browser onto unwanted sites, even without your permission and desire to see it. The AstrologySearcher as your homepage or search engine can be just the beginning, because your PC system is hijacked by malware, so the amount of problems with your browser in the future may increase.
Being infected by AstrologySearcher browser hijacker, every time you start your browser you will see this site. Of course you can setup your homepage again, but next time you launch a browser you will see that AstrologySearcher return. As mentioned above, the hijacker can modify the default search engine on this intrusive web page too, so all your search queries will be re-directed to AstrologySearcher. Thus the authors of the browser hijacker can collect the search terms of your queries, and reroute you to undesired web sites.
Although, AstrologySearcher hijacker is not a virus, but it does bad things, and it may make certain undesired changes to current settings of all your typical browsers. Moreover, an ‘ad-supported’ software (also known as adware) can be additionally installed on to your machine by this browser hijacker infection, that will open a large amount of advertisements, or even massive full page advertisements that blocks surfing the World Wide Web. Often such these advertisements can recommend to install other unknown and undesired software or visit malicious web-sites.
It is important, don’t use AstrologySearcher web-page and don’t click on advertisements placed on it, as they can lead you to a more harmful or misleading web pages. The best option is to use the step by step guidance posted below to clean your computer of browser hijacker, get rid of the AstrologySearcher search, and thereby return your favorite home page and search engine.
Remove AstrologySearcher (removal guidance)
In the tutorial below, we will try to cover the Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox and MS Edge and provide general advice to remove AstrologySearcher . You may find some minor differences in your Microsoft Windows install. No matter, you should be okay if you follow the steps outlined below: remove all suspicious and unknown apps, reset browsers settings, fix browsers shortcuts, use free malware removal tools. Some of the steps below will require you to close this web page. So, please read the tutorial carefully, after that bookmark or print it for later reference.
To remove AstrologySearcher, follow the steps below:
- How to remove AstrologySearcher without any software
- AstrologySearcher automatic removal
- How to block AstrologySearcher
- How to AstrologySearcher hijacker infection get installed onto machine
- To sum up
How to remove AstrologySearcher without any software
The useful removal instructions for the AstrologySearcher redirect. The detailed procedure can be followed by anyone as it really does take you step-by-step. If you follow this process to delete AstrologySearcher let us know how you managed by sending us your comments please.
Uninstall AstrologySearcher related programs through the Control Panel of your system
First of all, check the list of installed programs on your personal computer and uninstall all unknown and recently installed applications. If you see an unknown program with incorrect spelling or varying capital letters, it have most likely been installed by malicious software and you should clean it off first with malware removal utility such as Zemana Anti-malware.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
First, click the Windows button , then press Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
Windows XP, Vista, 7
First, click “Start” and select “Control Panel”.
It will open the Windows Control Panel as shown below.
Next, click “Uninstall a program”
It will display a list of all programs installed on your computer. Scroll through the all list, and remove any suspicious and unknown apps. To quickly find the latest installed programs, we recommend sort apps by date in the Control panel.
Remove AstrologySearcher from FF by resetting browser settings
If the FF web browser program is hijacked, then resetting its settings can help. The Reset feature is available on all modern version of Firefox. A reset can fix many issues by restoring Firefox settings like search engine by default, start page and newtab to its default state. It’ll save your personal information such as saved passwords, bookmarks, and open tabs.
First, open the FF. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will display the drop-down menu. Next, press the Help button ().
In the Help menu click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page press on “Refresh Firefox” button like below.
Confirm your action, click the “Refresh Firefox”.
Get rid of AstrologySearcher search from Google Chrome
If your Google Chrome browser is redirected to intrusive AstrologySearcher web-page, it may be necessary to completely reset your internet browser program to its default settings.
- First, run the Google Chrome and press the Menu icon (icon in the form of three dots).
- It will open the Google Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed addons. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following steps: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, click “Advanced” link, which located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
- The Chrome will open the reset settings dialog box as shown on the image above.
- Confirm the browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Remove AstrologySearcher from Internet Explorer
In order to recover all web browser search engine by default, start page and newtab you need to reset the Internet Explorer to the state, that was when the MS Windows was installed on your PC system.
First, launch the IE, click ) button. Next, press “Internet Options” as on the image below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, click Reset button. The Microsoft Internet Explorer will show the Reset Internet Explorer settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and press Reset button.
You will now need to reboot your computer for the changes to take effect. It will delete browser hijacker responsible for modifying your web browser settings to AstrologySearcher, disable malicious and ad-supported browser’s extensions and restore the Internet Explorer’s settings such as search engine, new tab and start page to default state.
AstrologySearcher automatic removal
Manual removal guidance does not always allow to completely remove the browser hijacker, as it is not easy to identify and delete components of browser hijacker and all malicious files from hard disk. Therefore, it’s recommended that you use malicious software removal tool to completely delete AstrologySearcher off your computer. Several free malware removal utilities are currently available that can be used against the browser hijacker infection. The optimum way would be to run Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM), Malwarebytes Free and AdwCleaner.
How to automatically remove AstrologySearcher with Zemana Anti-Malware
We suggest using the Zemana. You can download and install Zemana to search for and remove AstrologySearcher search from your PC system. When installed and updated, the malicious software remover will automatically scan and detect all threats present on the computer.
Please go to the following link to download the latest version of Zemana for MS Windows. Save it directly to your Microsoft Windows Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
After the download is finished, run it and follow the prompts. Once installed, the Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) will try to update itself and when this task is done, press the “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the hijacker which cause a redirect to AstrologySearcher web page.
This task may take quite a while, so please be patient. While the Zemana is checking, you can see how many objects it has identified either as being malicious software. All found items will be marked. You can delete them all by simply click “Next” button.
The Zemana Free will start to remove browser hijacker responsible for redirecting your internet browser to AstrologySearcher web site.
How to automatically get rid of AstrologySearcher with Malwarebytes
We suggest using the Malwarebytes Free. You can download and install Malwarebytes to search for and delete AstrologySearcher from your PC system. When installed and updated, the free malware remover will automatically scan and detect all threats exist on the computer.
- Download MalwareBytes by clicking on the link below. Save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your browser will show the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- After the downloading process is complete, please close all software and open windows on your PC system. Double-click on the icon that’s called mb3-setup.
- This will open the “Setup wizard” of MalwareBytes AntiMalware onto your computer. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes will run and open the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button to begin checking your system for the hijacker that cause AstrologySearcher web-page to appear. Depending on your PC system, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. While the MalwareBytes Anti Malware utility is checking, you can see how many objects it has identified as being affected by malicious software.
- After MalwareBytes Anti-Malware completes the scan, you will be displayed the list of all found items on your PC.
- All detected threats will be marked. You can remove them all by simply click the “Quarantine Selected” button. When disinfection is finished, you may be prompted to reboot the PC system.
- Close the Anti Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Run AdwCleaner to get rid of AstrologySearcher home page
AdwCleaner is a free removal utility. It removes PUPs, adware, browser hijacker infections and unwanted browser addons. Video guidance available here. It’ll search for and remove hijacker responsible for redirecting user searches to AstrologySearcher. AdwCleaner uses very small machine resources and is a portable program.
Download AdwCleaner by clicking on the link below. Save it on your Microsoft Windows desktop or in any other place.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: March 22, 2021
When downloading is done, open the file location and double-click the AdwCleaner icon. It will start the AdwCleaner utility. If the User Account Control prompt will ask you want to launch the program, press Yes button to continue.
Next, click “Scan” to search for browser hijacker that cause AstrologySearcher page to appear. This procedure can take quite a while, so please be patient. While the AdwCleaner program is checking, you can see number of objects it has identified as threat.
When AdwCleaner has finished scanning, AdwCleaner will show a list of all threats found by the scan as displayed on the image below.
You may move items to Quarantine (all selected by default) by simply press “Clean” button. It will show a dialog box. Click “OK” button. The AdwCleaner will get rid of browser hijacker infection that reroutes your web browser to undesired AstrologySearcher web-page. After the process is finished, the utility may ask you to restart your PC system. After reboot, the AdwCleaner will open the log file.
All the above steps are shown in detail in the following video instructions.
How to block AstrologySearcher
By installing an ad blocker program such as AdGuard, you are able to stop AstrologySearcher, autoplaying video ads and delete tons of distracting and undesired ads on web-pages.
- Download AdGuard application by clicking on the link below. Save it on your Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After the downloading process is finished, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is finished, press “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you launch your PC, AdGuard will run automatically and stop popup advertisements, AstrologySearcher redirect, as well as other harmful or misleading sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon called AdGuard, which can be found on your desktop.
How to AstrologySearcher hijacker infection get installed onto machine
To sum up
Now your system should be free of the hijacker infection responsible for changing your web-browser settings to AstrologySearcher. Uninstall AdwCleaner. We suggest that you keep Zemana (to periodically scan your computer for new browser hijacker infections and other malicious software) and AdGuard (to help you stop intrusive ads and malicious web-sites). Moreover, to prevent hijackers, please stay clear of unknown and third party applications, make sure that your antivirus program, turn on the option to find PUPs (potentially unwanted programs).
If you need more help with AstrologySearcher related issues, go to our Spyware/Malware removal forum.