The Fast-access-web is an undesired software from the adware (also known as ‘ad-supported’ software) family. It changes the Chrome, FF, Microsoft Edge and Microsoft Internet Explorer settings to show lots of unwanted advertisements on all web-pages, including web-sites where previously you advertisements have never seen. These advertisements can be varied: pop-up windows, boxes, in-text ads, different sized banners and so on. The Fast-access-web adware can cause your Internet connection to be slow or freeze your web-browser so that the interface is not updated anymore.
What is more, the Fast-access-web adware that causes multiple undesired ads and popups, may display ads depend on a web site that you are visiting. That is, it’s clear that this ad-supported software, without your permission, steals your privacy information such as: your ip address, what is a page you are viewing now, what you are looking for on the Internet, which links you are clicking, and much, much more. Even worse, the adware may monetize its functionality by gathering confidential information from your browsing sessions. This user data, later, can be easily used for marketing purposes. This puts your confidential data at a security risk.
Instructions which is shown below, will allow you to clean your computer from the adware as well as get rid of Fast-access-web annoying ads from the Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Edge and other web-browsers.
Remove Fast-access-web adware (removal instructions)
When the ad supported software gets installed on your computer without your knowledge, it’s not easy to delete. Most often, there is no Uninstall program which simply uninstall the Fast-access-web which cause unwanted pop-up advertisements to appear from your machine. So, we recommend using several well-proven free specialized tools such as Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM), MalwareBytes AntiMalware or AdwCleaner. But the best method to remove Fast-access-web will be to perform several manual steps, after that additionally use antimalware tools.
To remove Fast-access-web, complete the steps below:
- Manual Fast-access-web removal
- Remove Fast-access-web ad-supported software with freeware
- Use AdBlocker to stay safe online
- How can you prevent the Fast-access-web adware
- Finish words
Manual Fast-access-web removal
The useful removal steps for the Fast-access-web ‘ad supported’ software. The detailed procedure can be followed by anyone as it really does take you step-by-step. If you follow this process to get rid of Fast-access-web let us know how you managed by sending us your comments please.
Deleting the Fast-access-web, check the list of installed programs first
The process of ad-supported software removal is generally the same across all versions of MS Windows OS from 10 to XP. To start with, it’s necessary to check the list of installed applications on your computer and delete all unused, unknown and dubious programs.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then press Windows button, next click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then press “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will display the Windows Control Panel.
- Further, press “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- It will display a list of all software installed on the machine.
- Scroll through the all list, and uninstall dubious and unknown applications. To quickly find the latest installed apps, we recommend sort applications by date.
See more details in the video instructions below.
Remove Fast-access-web adware from Google Chrome
Run the Reset web-browser utility of the Chrome to reset all its settings like startpage, new tab page and default search provider to original defaults. This is a very useful utility to use, in the case of web-browser redirects to intrusive ad web pages such as Fast-access-web.
- First start the Chrome and press Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will show the Google Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed add-ons. If the list has the add-on labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following tutorial: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, press the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Google Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and press “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and press the “Reset” button.
- The Google Chrome will open the reset profile settings page as shown on the image above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this task is done, your browser’s start page, new tab and search engine by default will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Remove Fast-access-web from Firefox
Resetting your FF is good initial troubleshooting step for any issues with your web browser application, including the redirect to Fast-access-web page.
First, open the FF and click button. It will open the drop-down menu on the right-part of the web browser. Further, click the Help button () like below
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the web browser adress bar and press Enter. It will show the “Troubleshooting Information” page as displayed in the figure below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, click the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will display the confirmation prompt. Further, click the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Firefox will begin a task to fix your problems that caused by the Fast-access-web ‘ad supported’ software that made to redirect your browser to various ad web sites. After, it’s finished, click the “Finish” button.
Remove Fast-access-web adware from IE
By resetting Internet Explorer internet browser you revert back your web browser settings to its default state. This is good initial when troubleshooting problems that might have been caused by Fast-access-web which causes unwanted pop up advertisements.
First, launch the Microsoft Internet Explorer, then click ‘gear’ icon . It will display the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the browser, then click the “Internet Options” as shown in the following example.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then click the “Reset” button. The Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” dialog box. Further, click the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, click the “Reset” button as displayed on the screen below.
After the procedure is finished, press “Close” button. Close the Microsoft Internet Explorer and restart your system for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your browser’s homepage, newtab and search provider by default to default state.
Remove Fast-access-web ad-supported software with freeware
In order to completely remove Fast-access-web, you not only need to uninstall adware from your personal computer, but also remove all its components in your computer including Windows registry entries. We advise to download and run free removal tools to automatically clean your machine of Fast-access-web adware that designed to redirect your internet browser to various ad pages.
Run Zemana Anti-malware to delete Fast-access-web
Zemana Anti-malware is a utility that can remove adware, PUPs, hijacker infections and other malware from your personal computer easily and for free. Zemana Anti-malware is compatible with most antivirus software. It works under Windows (10 – XP, 32 and 64 bit) and uses minimum of computer resources.
Now you can install and run Zemana Anti-Malware to get rid of Fast-access-web from your web-browser by following the steps below:
Click the link below to download Zemana Free installer called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup on your system. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
Start the setup file after it has been downloaded successfully and then follow the prompts to install this tool on your machine.
During install you can change certain settings, but we suggest you do not make any changes to default settings.
When installation is finished, this malicious software removal tool will automatically start and update itself. You will see its main window like below.
Now click the “Scan” button to start checking your computer for the Fast-access-web ad supported software which causes intrusive pop up ads. While the utility is checking, you can see how many objects and files has already scanned.
As the scanning ends, you’ll be opened the list of all detected items on your PC system. When you’re ready, press “Next” button.
The Zemana Anti-Malware will remove Fast-access-web ad supported software which causes intrusive advertisements and add threats to the Quarantine. When the procedure is finished, you can be prompted to reboot your system to make the change take effect.
Use Malwarebytes to remove Fast-access-web
You can remove Fast-access-web adware automatically with a help of Malwarebytes Free. We suggest this free malware removal utility because it can easily delete hijackers, ‘ad supported’ software, PUPs and toolbars with all their components such as files, folders and registry entries.
- Visit the page linked below to download MalwareBytes AntiMalware (MBAM). Save it on your Windows desktop or in any other place.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your browser will show the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- When the download is finished, please close all applications and open windows on your machine. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will start the “Setup wizard” of MalwareBytes Free onto your PC system. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes Anti Malware (MBAM) will open and open the main window.
- Further, press the “Scan Now” button to scan for Fast-access-web ‘ad supported’ software that causes internet browsers to display unwanted pop-ups. Depending on your computer, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. During the scan MalwareBytes will search for threats present on your computer.
- Once the system scan is finished, MalwareBytes Free will display a list of all threats found by the scan.
- All detected threats will be marked. You can remove them all by simply click the “Quarantine Selected” button. Once finished, you may be prompted to restart the computer.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Use AdwCleaner to remove Fast-access-web adware
AdwCleaner is a free removal utility. It deletes PUPs, ad supported software, hijackers and undesired web browser extensions. Video guidance available here. It will identify and delete Fast-access-web that causes multiple undesired advertisements and popups. AdwCleaner uses very small computer resources and is a portable program.
- Visit the page linked below to download the latest version of AdwCleaner for MS Windows. Save it directly to your MS Windows Desktop.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: March 22, 2021
- Select the file location as Desktop, and then click Save.
- When the downloading process is complete, run the AdwCleaner, double-click the adwcleaner_xxx.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, click Yes to continue.
- In the AdwCleaner window, click the “Scan” to start scanning your system for the Fast-access-web ‘ad supported’ software that cause intrusive pop ups to appear. This process can take some time, so please be patient. During the scan AdwCleaner will detect threats exist on your personal computer.
- When the system scan is finished, you will be opened the list of all found items on your personal computer. All detected threats will be marked. You can remove them all by simply press “Clean”. If the AdwCleaner will ask you to reboot your PC, press “OK”.
The step-by-step guidance shown in detail in the following video.
Use AdBlocker to stay safe online
Enabling an ad-blocking application like AdGuard is an effective way to alleviate the risks. Additionally, ad-blocker applications will also protect you from malicious advertisements and web-pages, and, of course, stop redirection chain to Fast-access-web ads and similar web-sites.
Download AdGuard program on your Windows Desktop from the link below.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
After the download is finished, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as shown in the following example.
Follow the prompts. After the setup is done, you will see a window as displayed below.
You can press “Skip” to close the setup application and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial which will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you start your system, AdGuard will start automatically and stop popups, as well as other malicious or misleading sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that is located on your desktop.
How can you prevent the Fast-access-web adware
It is very important to pay attention to additional checkboxes during the installation of free applications to avoid installing of potentially unwanted apps, ‘ad supported’ software, browser hijackers or other unwanted apps. Never set up the third-party apps that the program wants to install with it. Inattentive free software download can result in installation of undesired program such as this Fast-access-web adware which redirects your internet browser to undesired ad sites.
Now your PC system should be free of the Fast-access-web that causes multiple undesired ads and pop ups. Delete AdwCleaner. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you stop unwanted popup advertisements and intrusive malicious web-sites) and Zemana (to periodically scan your PC system for new adwares and other malicious software). Probably you are running an older version of Java or Adobe Flash Player. This can be a security risk, so download and install the latest version right now.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove Fast-access-web ad supported software from the Chrome, Firefox, MS Edge and Internet Explorer, then ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.