JiSuZip is an ‘ad-supported’ software (also known as adware) that created to display a lot of annoying pop-up ads within your web browser. It usually gets installed as a part of some free software. Do not be surprised, it happens, especially if you are an active Internet user. But this does not mean that you should reconcile with any unwanted redirects and pop up ads. Use the instructions below to clean your computer as quickly as possible, as the adware virus can be a way to infect your system with more dangerous malicious applications like viruses and trojans. The few simple steps that follow, I’ll show you how to remove JiSuZip virus and thereby get rid of intrusive advertisements from your machine forever.
The JiSuZip adware virus may insert a ton of advertisements directly to the web pages that you visit, creating a sense that the advertisements has been added by the creators of the web-page. Moreover, a legal advertising links may be replaced on the fake ads, that will offer to download and install various unnecessary and malicious programs. Moreover, the adware virus has the ability to collect a lot of personal information about you (your ip address, what is a web page you are viewing now, what you are looking for on the Internet, which links you are clicking), which can later transfer to third parties.
In addition to that, as was mentioned earlier, the JiSuZip adware virus to also modify all internet browsers shortcuts which located on your Desktop or Start menu. So, every infected shortcut will try to reroute your web-browser to unwanted ad sites, some of which might be malicious. It can make the whole PC system more vulnerable to hacker attacks.
Table of contents
- What is JiSuZip
- How to remove JiSuZip
- Delete JiSuZip virus without any utilities
- Run free malware removal utilities to completely remove JiSuZip adware virus
- Stop annoying ads
- Method of JiSuZip adware intrusion into your machine
- Final words
Thus, it’s clear that the presence of the adware virus on your PC is not desirable, and you need to clean up your computer ASAP. Follow the guide below in order to remove JiSuZip virus.
How to remove JiSuZip
In many cases JiSuZip adware requires more than a simple uninstall with the help of MS Windows Control panel in order to be fully uninstalled. For that reason, our team developed several removal methods that we’ve combined in a detailed tutorial. Therefore, if you have the annoying advertisements on your computer and are currently trying to have it removed then feel free to follow the guidance below in order to resolve your problem. Read this manual carefully, bookmark or print it, because you may need to close your web-browser or reboot your personal computer.
Delete JiSuZip virus without any utilities
The few simple steps will help you remove JiSuZip adware virus. These JiSuZip removal steps work for the Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge, as well as every version of Windows operating system.
Uninstall JiSuZip and programs using Windows Control Panel
Check out the Windows Control Panel (Programs and Features section) to see all installed applications. We suggest to click on the “Date Installed” in order to sort the list of programs by the date you installed them. If you see any unknown and suspicious programs, they are the ones you need to remove.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
First, press Windows button , then click Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter as on the image below.
After the ‘Control Panel’ opens, click the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category like below.
You will see the ‘Uninstall a program’ panel like below.
Very carefully look around the entire list of applications installed on your computer. Most likely, one or more of them are responsible for the appearance of pop up advertisements and browser redirect to annoying ad sites. If you have many programs installed, you can help simplify the search of harmful applications by sort the list by date of installation. Once you have found a suspicious, unwanted or unused program, right click to it, after that press ‘Uninstall’.
Windows XP, Vista, 7
First, press ‘Start’ button and select ‘Control Panel’ at right panel as shown on the screen below.
Once the Windows ‘Control Panel’ opens, you need to click ‘Uninstall a program’ under ‘Programs’ as shown in the figure below.
You will see a list of software installed on your computer. We recommend to sort the list by date of installation to quickly find the programs that were installed last. Most likely they responsibility for the appearance of pop up advertisements and internet browser redirect. If you are in doubt, you can always check the program by doing a search for her name in Google, Yahoo or Bing. After the program which you need to uninstall is found, simply click on its name, and then click ‘Uninstall’ as on the image below.
Fix infected internet browsers shortcuts
Important to know, most anti-malware programs that are able to remove virus, but unable to scan for and recover altered shortcuts. So, you need to fix the desktop shortcuts for your FF, Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer and MS Edge internet browsers manually.
To clear the web browser shortcut, right-click to it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text such as “http://site.address” which has been added here. You need to delete it.
When the text is removed, press the OK button. You need to clean all shortcuts of all your internet browsers, as they may be infected too.
Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
If the intrusive ad web sites opens automatically on Windows startup or at equal time intervals, then you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and remove all the tasks that have been created by ‘ad-supported’ programs.
Press Windows and R keys on the keyboard together. This displays a dialog box that titled as Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and click OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, press “Task Scheduler Library”, as shown on the screen below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Please choose the first task, its properties will be show just below automatically. Next, press the Actions tab. Pay attention to that it launches on your PC system. Found something like “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address”, then remove this harmful task. If you are not sure that executes the task, check it through a search engine. If it is a component of the unwanted software, then this task also should be removed.
Having defined the task that you want to get rid of, then click on it with the right mouse button and choose Delete like below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by ‘ad-supported’ software. Once is finished, close the Task Scheduler window.
Run free malware removal utilities to completely remove JiSuZip adware virus
There are not many good free anti-malware programs with high detection ratio. The effectiveness of malicious software removal utilities depends on various factors, mostly on how often their virus/malware signatures DB are updated in order to effectively detect modern malware, ad-supported software, browser hijacker infections and other PUPs. We suggest to run several applications, not just one. These programs which listed below will allow you delete all components of the adware virus from your disk and Windows registry and thereby get rid of JiSuZip virus.
Automatically remove JiSuZip adware virus with Zemana Anti-malware
We suggest using the Zemana Anti-malware. You can download and install Zemana Anti-malware to scan for ad-supported software and thereby remove JiSuZip from your computer. When installed and updated, the malware remover will automatically check and detect all threats present on your PC system.
- Please download Zemana AntiMalware to your desktop from the following link.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your internet browser will display the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- After the downloading process is complete, please close all programs and open windows on your computer. Next, start a file called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will run the “Setup wizard” of Zemana Anti Malware onto your computer. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the AntiMalware will run and display the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the JiSuZip virus which cause unwanted pop-ups to appear. A system scan may take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your PC system. While the tool is scanning, you can see how many objects it has identified either as being malware.
- As the scanning ends, the results are displayed in the scan report.
- When you are ready, click the “Next” button. The tool will delete JiSuZip virus that developed to redirect your web-browser to various ad web-sites and add threats to the Quarantine. Once the cleaning process is finished, you may be prompted to restart the PC.
- Close the Zemana Anti Malware and continue with the next step.
Use Malwarebytes to remove JiSuZip adware
Manual JiSuZip adware virus removal requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the adware virus may be not completely removed. We recommend that run the Malwarebytes Free that are completely free your system of virus. Moreover, the free program will allow you to remove malicious software, potentially unwanted applications, hijacker infections and toolbars that your PC system can be infected too.
Download Malwarebytes Free on your PC system by clicking on the link below. Save it on your desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
Once the download is complete, close all windows on your PC. Further, open the file called mb3-setup. If the “User Account Control” prompt pops up as shown in the figure below, click the “Yes” button.
It will open the “Setup wizard” which will help you set up Malwarebytes on the PC. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once installation is complete successfully, click Finish button. Then Malwarebytes will automatically start and you can see its main window as shown on the screen below.
Next, click the “Scan Now” button It will scan through the whole system for the JiSuZip virus that cause unwanted advertisements to appear. This process can take quite a while, so please be patient. While the utility is checking, you can see number of objects and files has already scanned.
When that process is finished, it’ll show you the results. You may move items to Quarantine (all selected by default) by simply click “Quarantine Selected” button.
The Malwarebytes will remove JiSuZip adware that causes web browsers to display undesired pop ups and move threats to the program’s quarantine. After the procedure is finished, you can be prompted to restart your PC. We recommend you look at the following video, which completely explains the procedure of using the Malwarebytes to remove browser hijackers, adware and other malicious software.
If the problem with JiSuZip adware virus is still remained
If MalwareBytes anti malware or Zemana anti malware cannot remove this adware virus, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for hijackers, PUPs, toolbars and JiSuZip adware that causes a large number of undesired advertisements.
- Download AdwCleaner from the link below.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: October 9, 2020
- When the download is complete, double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this utility is launched, press “Scan” button for checking your machine for the JiSuZip virus which created to redirect your internet browser to various ad web-sites. Depending on your system, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. While the tool is checking, you can see how many objects it has identified either as being malware.
- After the scan get finished, it’ll display a list of all items found by this tool. You may move threats to Quarantine (all selected by default) by simply click “Clean” button. It will open a prompt, click “OK”.
These few simple steps are shown in detail in the following video guide.
Stop annoying ads
We suggest to install an ad-blocker program which may block ads and other annoying web-pages. The ad blocker utility like AdGuard is a program that basically removes advertising from the Net and blocks access to malicious pages. Moreover, security experts says that using ad blocking programs is necessary to stay safe when surfing the Net.
- Download AdGuard program from the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After the download is complete, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the setup is done, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you run your PC, AdGuard will start automatically and stop pop-ups, as well as other malicious or misleading web pages. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
Method of JiSuZip adware intrusion into your machine
Now your personal computer should be free of the JiSuZip adware that causes undesired pop-ups. Remove AdwCleaner. We suggest that you keep Zemana Anti-malware (to periodically scan your PC system for new malware, browser hijackers and ‘ad supported’ software) and AdGuard (to help you block annoying pop-up ads and malicious web-pages). Moreover, to prevent adware, please stay clear of unknown and third party programs, make sure that your antivirus program, turn on the option to find PUPs (potentially unwanted programs).
If you need more help with JiSuZip virus related issues, go to our Spyware/Malware removal forum.