Have you become that your web browser randomly shows Theprofitsmaker.net pop-up ads? It is a sign that you have an installed ‘ad-supported’ software (also known as adware) on your system. The adware is a part of malicious software that created to open a lot of undesired pop ups. You need to follow the instructions below ASAP. It’ll clear your machine from adware that generates lots of pop-up ads in the web-browser and thereby remove the redirect to Theprofitsmaker.net web-page.
The adware may insert a large amount of ads directly to the sites that you visit, creating a sense that the advertising links has been added by the creators of the page. Moreover, a legal advertising links may be replaced on the fake advertisements, that will offer to download and install various unnecessary and malicious applications. Moreover, the adware has the ability to collect tons of personal information about you (your ip address, what is a web page you are viewing now, what you are looking for on the World Wide Web, which links you are clicking), which can later transfer to third parties.
Table of contents
- What is Theprofitsmaker.net
- How to remove Theprofitsmaker.net pop-up ads
- How to manually get rid of Theprofitsmaker.net
- Uninstalling the Theprofitsmaker.net, check the list of installed applications first
- Fix internet browser shortcuts, modified by ad supported software
- Get rid of Theprofitsmaker.net ads from Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Remove Theprofitsmaker.net pop-up advertisements from Google Chrome
- Remove Theprofitsmaker.net advertisements from Firefox
- How to get rid of Theprofitsmaker.net pop-ups with free programs
- How to manually get rid of Theprofitsmaker.net
- Use AdBlocker to block Theprofitsmaker.net and stay safe online
- Prevent Theprofitsmaker.net pop-up ads from installing
- To sum up
In addition to that, as was mentioned earlier, certain adware to also change all internet browsers shortcuts that located on your Desktop or Start menu. So, every infected shortcut will try to redirect your browser to undesired ad sites such as Theprofitsmaker.net, certain of which might be malicious. It can make the whole personal computer more vulnerable to hacker attacks.
So, obviously, you need to remove the ad supported software as quickly as possible. Use the free step by step guidance below. This guide will help you clean your personal computer of ad supported software and thereby remove the Theprofitsmaker.net undesired ads.
How to remove Theprofitsmaker.net pop up ads
The following few simple steps will help you to get rid of Theprofitsmaker.net advertisements from the Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge. Moreover, the instructions below will allow you to delete malicious software, browser hijackers, potentially unwanted software and toolbars that your PC may be infected. Please do the guidance step by step. If you need help or have any questions, then ask for our assistance or type a comment below. Certain of the steps below will require you to exit the web-page. So, please read the step-by-step guide carefully, after that bookmark or print it for later reference.
How to manually get rid of Theprofitsmaker.net
The useful removal steps for the Theprofitsmaker.net ads. The detailed procedure can be followed by anyone as it really does take you step-by-step. If you follow this process to remove Theprofitsmaker.net popups let us know how you managed by sending us your comments please.
Uninstalling the Theprofitsmaker.net, check the list of installed applications first
First, you should try to identify and uninstall the program that causes the appearance of undesired ads or web-browser redirect, using the ‘Uninstall a program’ which is located in the ‘Control panel’.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Click the Windows logo, and then press Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter as shown in the figure below.
When the ‘Control Panel’ opens, press the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category as shown on the screen below.
Windows 7, Vista, XP
Open Start menu and choose the ‘Control Panel’ at right as shown on the screen below.
Then go to ‘Add/Remove Programs’ or ‘Uninstall a program’ (Windows 7 or Vista) like below.
Carefully browse through the list of installed software and delete all applications which has the name similar to the Theprofitsmaker.net web-page. We recommend to click ‘Installed programs’ and even sorts all installed applications by date. Once you have found anything suspicious that may be the browser hijacker, ad-supported software or potentially unwanted applications, then select this program and click ‘Uninstall’ in the upper part of the window. If the suspicious program blocked from removal, then run Revo Uninstaller Freeware to fully get rid of it from your machine.
Fix internet browser shortcuts, modified by ad supported software
Important to know, most anti malware software that are able to remove adware, but unable to find and recover changed shortcuts. So, you need to fix the desktop shortcuts for your Chrome, IE, Mozilla Firefox and MS Edge web browsers manually.
Right click to a desktop shortcut for your internet browser. Choose the “Properties” option. It will open the Properties window. Select the “Shortcut” tab here, after that, look at the “Target” field. The adware can modify it. If you are seeing something similar “…exe http://site.address” then you need to remove “http…” and leave only, depending on the browser you are using:
- Google Chrome: chrome.exe
- Opera: opera.exe
- Firefox: firefox.exe
- Internet Explorer: iexplore.exe
Look at the example as shown on the image below.
Once is done, click the “OK” button to save the changes. Please repeat this step for web-browser shortcuts which redirects to an intrusive web pages. When you have completed, go to next step.
Get rid of Theprofitsmaker.net advertisements from Microsoft Internet Explorer
In order to recover all browser startpage, new tab page and search engine by default you need to reset the Internet Explorer to the state, which was when the Windows was installed on your computer.
First, run the Internet Explorer. Next, click the button in the form of gear (). It will show the Tools drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options” like below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then press the Reset button. The IE will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as shown on the image below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then press “Reset” button.
You will now need to restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
Remove Theprofitsmaker.net pop-up advertisements from Google Chrome
Run the Reset browser utility of the Google Chrome to reset all its settings like homepage, new tab page and search provider by default to original defaults. This is a very useful tool to use, in the case of internet browser redirects to undesired ad pages like Theprofitsmaker.net.
- First, start the Chrome and click the Menu icon (icon in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will open the Chrome main menu, click the “Settings” menu.
- Next, press “Show advanced settings” link, which located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- On the bottom of the “Advanced settings” page, click the “Reset settings” button.
- The Google Chrome will show the reset settings dialog box as on the image above.
- Confirm the browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Remove Theprofitsmaker.net advertisements from Firefox
If the FF web-browser application is hijacked, then resetting its settings can help. The Reset feature is available on all modern version of Firefox. A reset can fix many issues by restoring Firefox settings like startpage, new tab and default search engine to its default state. It will save your personal information like saved passwords, bookmarks, and open tabs.
Launch the Mozilla Firefox and press the menu button (it looks like three stacked lines) at the top right of the internet browser screen. Next, press the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It will show the slide-out menu.
Select the “Troubleshooting information”. If you’re unable to access the Help menu, then type “about:support” in your address bar and press Enter. It bring up the “Troubleshooting Information” page as shown on the image below.
Click the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the Troubleshooting Information page. Select “Refresh Firefox” in the confirmation prompt. The FF will start a process to fix your problems that caused by the adware. Once, it’s finished, press the “Finish” button.
How to get rid of Theprofitsmaker.net pop-ups with free programs
There are not many good free anti malware programs with high detection ratio. The effectiveness of malicious software removal tools depends on various factors, mostly on how often their virus/malware signatures DB are updated in order to effectively detect modern malicious software, adware, browser hijackers and other potentially unwanted applications. We recommend to use several applications, not just one. These programs which listed below will allow you get rid of all components of the adware from your disk and Windows registry and thereby remove Theprofitsmaker.net pop-ups.
Run Zemana Anti-malware to delete Theprofitsmaker.net
You can remove Theprofitsmaker.net pop up ads automatically with a help of Zemana Anti-malware. We recommend this malware removal tool because it may easily remove hijacker infections, PUPs, ad-supported software that redirects your web-browser to Theprofitsmaker.net web site with all their components such as folders, files and registry entries.
- Please download Zemana antimalware to your desktop from the following link.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your internet browser will display the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- When downloading is finished, please close all programs and open windows on your personal computer. Next, launch a file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will run the “Setup wizard” of Zemana anti-malware onto your PC system. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the anti-malware will start and open the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button to start scanning your PC system for the adware which created to reroute your web browser to various ad web-pages like Theprofitsmaker.net. A system scan may take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your computer. When a malicious software, ad-supported software or PUPs are detected, the count of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the checking is complete.
- When it has finished scanning your PC, you can check all items found on your PC.
- Review the report and then click the “Next” button to start cleaning your computer. Once the task is finished, you may be prompted to reboot the personal computer.
- Close the Zemana Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Automatically delete Theprofitsmaker.net advertisements with Malwarebytes
We recommend using the Malwarebytes Free. You can download and install Malwarebytes to find adware and thereby remove Theprofitsmaker.net advertisements from your internet browsers. When installed and updated, the free malicious software remover will automatically scan and detect all threats exist on the PC.
- Please download Malwarebytes to your desktop by clicking on the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: July 25, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your browser will show the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- When the download is done, please close all software and open windows on your system. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will start the “Setup wizard” of Malwarebytes onto your PC system. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Malwarebytes will start and open the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button to perform a system scan for the ad-supported software that causes intrusive Theprofitsmaker.net pop-up advertisements. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your personal computer. During the scan it will detect all threats exist on your system.
- Once the checking is done, it’ll display a list of all threats detected by this utility.
- In order to remove all threats, simply click the “Quarantine Selected” button to begin cleaning your computer. Once the task is finished, you may be prompted to restart the computer.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Scan and free your personal computer of adware with AdwCleaner
If MalwareBytes anti malware or Zemana antimalware cannot delete this adware, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for hijackers, potentially unwanted applications, toolbars and adware that redirects your web browser to intrusive Theprofitsmaker.net web site.
Download AdwCleaner from the link below.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: January 30, 2020
Once the download is done, open the directory in which you saved it. You will see an icon like below.
Double click the AdwCleaner desktop icon. When the utility is started, you will see a screen as shown on the screen below.
Further, click “Scan” button . This will begin scanning the whole PC system to find out adware that causes intrusive Theprofitsmaker.net advertisements. Once the scanning is complete, it’ll open a list of detected items like below.
Next, you need to click “Clean” button. It will display a prompt as shown on the image below.
You need to click “OK”. When the cleaning process is complete, the AdwCleaner may ask you to reboot your machine. When your computer is started, you will see an AdwCleaner log.
These steps are shown in detail in the following video guide.
Use AdBlocker to block Theprofitsmaker.net and stay safe online
Running an ad blocker program such as AdGuard is an effective way to alleviate the risks. Additionally, adblocker programs will also protect you from malicious advertisements and web-sites, and, of course, block redirection chain to Theprofitsmaker.net and similar web sites.
- Download AdGuard program from the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- When the download is done, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is complete, press “Skip” to close the install program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you start your computer, AdGuard will start automatically and stop ads, web sites such Theprofitsmaker.net, as well as other harmful or misleading sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
Prevent Theprofitsmaker.net popup advertisements from installing
To sum up
Now your system should be free of the ‘ad supported’ software which cause annoying Theprofitsmaker.net popup ads to appear. Delete AdwCleaner. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you stop unwanted popups and annoying harmful web-pages) and Zemana Anti-malware (to periodically scan your PC system for new hijacker infections, malware and ad supported software). Probably you are running an older version of Java or Adobe Flash Player. This can be a security risk, so download and install the latest version right now.
If you are still having problems while trying to get rid of Theprofitsmaker.net ads from the Chrome, FF, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge, then ask for help in our Spyware/Malware removal forum.