The takesurveysforcash.com is a ‘ad’ page. If this page popping up in your internet browser then most probably that your system is infected with adware (sometimes called ‘ad-supported’ software). It’s a type of dangerous programs that designed to show a large amount of unwanted pop-up ads. Unlike viruses, the ad-supported software will not delete or infect your files, but its actions will cause some problems with your browser. This is because, it’ll infect your PC, get full access to your browsers such as Google Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer and MS Edge and be able to change their settings. Of course, it did not ask you for permission and do it secretly as possible. Once your web browser settings will be modified, you will be redirected to unwanted ads, some of which can lead to dangerous or misleading web sites. For this reason, we recommend that you begin the clean up of your PC system as quickly as possible and thereby remove takesurveysforcash.com advertisements.
The adware can change the settings of the Google Chrome, FF, Internet Explorer and MS Edge, but often that a malicious software like this can also infect all types of browsers by changing their desktop shortcuts. Thus forcing the user each time run the web-browser to see takesurveysforcash.com annoying ads.
What is more, the ad supported software may show advertisements depend on a site that you are visiting. That is, it is clear that this adware, without your permission, steals your private information such as: your ip address, what is a web page you are viewing now, what you are looking for on the Internet, which links you are clicking, and much, much more. The adware may monetize its functionality by collecting data from your browsing sessions and selling it to third party companies. This puts your personal information at a security risk.
We suggest you to remove ad-supported software and clean your PC system from takesurveysforcash.com pop-up ads as soon as possible, until the presence of the ad supported software has not led to even worse consequences. You need to follow the steps below that will allow you to completely get rid of the reroute to takesurveysforcash.com unwanted site, using only the built-in Windows features and a few of specialized free tools.
How can you prevent your computer from the attack of takesurveysforcash.com pop-ups
How to manually remove takesurveysforcash.com pop-up ads
This useful removal guide for the takesurveysforcash.com advertisements. The detailed procedure can be followed by anyone as it really does take you step-by-step. If you follow this process to get rid of takesurveysforcash.com redirect let us know how you managed by sending us your comments please.
- Delete suspicious and unknown programs by using Windows Control Panel
- Get rid of takesurveysforcash.com advertisements from Chrome
- Remove takesurveysforcash.com pop-up ads from FF
- Delete takesurveysforcash.com advertisements from Internet Explorer
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove takesurveysforcash.com redirect
- Delete unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Delete suspicious and unknown programs by using Windows Control Panel
The best way to start the machine cleanup is to remove unknown and suspicious applications. Using the Windows Control Panel you can do this quickly and easily. This step, in spite of its simplicity, should not be ignored, because the removing of unneeded software can clean up your web-browser from ads, hijackers and so on.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then press Windows key, click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then press “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It’ll display the Windows Control Panel.
- Click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- You will see a list of all installed software.
- Scroll through the all list, and uninstall suspicious and unknown programs. To quickly find the latest installed software, we recommend sort software by date.
See more details in the video instructions below.
Get rid of takesurveysforcash.com advertisements from Chrome
Like other modern web browsers, the Google Chrome has the ability to reset the settings to their default values and thereby remove the redirect to takesurveysforcash.com annoying ads that is caused by the adware.
At first, launch the Google Chrome. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will appear the main menu. Click on the option named “Settings”. Another way to open the Google Chrome’s settings – type chrome://settings in the web-browser adress bar and press Enter.
The web browser will show the settings screen. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Show advanced settings” link. Now scroll down until the “Reset settings” section is visible, as shown in the figure below and click the “Reset settings” button.
The Google Chrome will display the confirmation prompt. You need to confirm your action, click the “Reset” button. The program will start the task of cleaning. Once it is finished, the web browser settings including the ‘block pop-ups’ option back to the values that have been when the Google Chrome was first installed on your PC.
Remove takesurveysforcash.com pop-up ads from FF
First, launch the FF. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will show the drop-down menu. Next, press the “Help” button ().
In the Help menu, click the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page, press “Refresh Firefox” button.
Confirm your action, click the “Refresh Firefox”.
Delete takesurveysforcash.com advertisements from Internet Explorer
To remove the takesurveysforcash.com pop-up ads you need to reset the Microsoft Internet Explorer to the state, which was when the Windows was installed on your PC system.
First, launch the Internet Explorer, then press ‘gear’ icon . It will open the drop-down menu on the right part of the browser, then click the “Internet Options” like below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, you need to select the “Advanced” tab and click the “Reset” button. The Internet Explorer will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” prompt like below. Next, press the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. After that, click the “Reset” button.
Once the process is finished, press “Close” button. Close the IE and restart your PC system for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your web browser’s settings to default state and disable ‘ad-supported’ extensions.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove takesurveysforcash.com redirect
When the ad supported software is started, it can also alter the web browser’s shortcuts, adding an argument such as “http://site.address” into the Target field. Due to this, every time you run the web browser, it will be rerouted to an annoying advertisements.
To clear the internet browser shortcut, right-click to it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text which starts with “http://” that has been added here. You need to remove it.
When the argument is removed, click the OK button. You need to clean all shortcuts of all your web browsers, as they may be infected too.
Delete unwanted Scheduled Tasks
If the unwanted takesurveysforcash.com web-page opens automatically on Windows startup or at equal time intervals, then you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and delete all the tasks that have been created by malicious program.
Press Windows and R keys on the keyboard together. This displays a prompt that titled as Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and click OK. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, click “Task Scheduler Library”, as shown in the figure below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Select the first task, its properties will be show just below automatically. Next, click the Actions tab. Pay attention to that it launches on your system. Found something like “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://site.address”, then you need remove it. If you are not sure that executes the task, check it through a search engine. If it is a component of the ‘ad-supported’ program, then this task also should be removed.
Having defined the task that you want to delete, then press on it with the right mouse button and select Delete as shown below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by malicious software. Once is finished, close the Task Scheduler window.
How to delete takesurveysforcash.com pop-ups automatically
We recommend using the Malwarebytes Free. You can download and install this tool to detect takesurveysforcash.com threat and remove it, from the link below. When installed and updated, the free malware remover will automatically scan and detect all threats present on the computer.
Category: Security tools
Update: July 25, 2019
Once installed, the Malwarebytes will try to update itself and when this process is finished, click “Scan Now” button . This will begin scanning the whole PC to find out ‘ad supported’ software and malware. During the scan it will detect all threats present on your PC. In order to remove all threats, simply press “Quarantine Selected” button.
The Malwarebytes is a free application that you can use to remove all detected folders, files, services, registry entries and so on. To learn more about the Malwarebytes, we recommend you to read and follow the instructions or the video guide below.
How to block takesurveysforcash.com advertisements
To increase your security and protect your system against new annoying ads and malicious web sites, you need to use an application that stops access to harmful ads and pages. Moreover, the program can block the open of intrusive advertising, that also leads to faster loading of web-pages and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program from the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- When downloading is done, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” window. Follow the prompts.
- When the installation is done, press “Skip” to close it and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see a quick tutorial which will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you run your system, AdGuard will start automatically and stop advertisements, takesurveysforcash.com redirects, as well as other malicious or misleading web sites. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, that is located on your Windows desktop.
If the problem with takesurveysforcash.com advertisements is still remained
If MalwareBytes cannot remove takesurveysforcash.com , then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for adware, browser hijackers, PUPs, toolbars.
- Download AdwCleaner by clicking on the link below.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: October 22, 2019
- Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once the tool is started the main screen will appear as shown on the image above.
- Now, press the “Scan” button . This will start scanning the whole computer to find out ad supported software that generates takesurveysforcash.com ads.
- When it has finished scanning your PC, AdwCleaner will open a scan report. Review the report and then click “Clean” button. It will show a dialog box, press “OK” button.
The following video explains the steps above on how to remove ad supported software with AdwCleaner.
After completing the few simple steps shown above, your PC system should be clean from malware and adware. The Google Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Microsoft Internet Explorer will no longer open takesurveysforcash.com unwanted popup ads and redirect you to unknown web pages. Unfortunately, if the guide does not help you, then you have caught a new type of adware, and then the best way – ask for help.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon. Next press “Do a system scan only” button.
- Once the checking is finished, the scan button will read “Save log”, press it. Save this log to your desktop.
- Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the annoying takesurveysforcash.com .