The trafficnado.com is an one of the many advertising sites, which can be opened automatically each time you start the browser. The reason of automatic opening of this page is an adware (also known as ‘ad-supported’ software), which was set on your computer without your consent. Because, the adware is often used to open lots of annoying ads within the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge’s screen. As, the advertisers do not disdain to use any methods to promote their web-sites and attract new users. Below we explain how to get rid of adware and thereby remove trafficnado.com annoying ads from your browser.
The ad supported software usually affects only the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge by changing the web-browser’s settings or installing a malicious extensions (addons). Moreover, possible situations, when any other browsers will be affected too. The adware will perform a scan of the PC for internet browser shortcuts and modify them without your permission. When it infects the web-browser shortcuts, it will add the argument such as ‘http://site.address’ into Target property. So, each time you start the web-browser, you will see an unwanted trafficnado.com site.
Technically, the ad supported software is not a virus, but it does bad things, it generates a huge number of pop-up ads, hindering or completely blocking the work in the internet browser. It may install other unknown and unwanted software without your permission, force you to visit malicious sites. Moreover, with the ad supported software, a browser hijacker can be additionally installed on to your system, that will replace your homepage with an unwanted web page.
So, obviously, you need to remove the adware as quickly as possible. Use the free guide below. This guide will help you clean your computer and thereby uninstall the trafficnado.com annoying pop-ups.
How does trafficnado.com advertisements get installed onto system
Disregarding the basic computer security practices such as no antivirus software installed, installation of unknown software and free programs which may be bundled with ad supported software, as well as computer virus infection are the possible causes of a large number of advertisements within the screen of the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge. Moreover, random visits to an unknown and untrusted web-sites, when you click on the search results from Google (Yahoo, Bing) or links on the Internet, when the system is not protected with a program that may block access to malicious sites, it can also lead to the fact that instead of your homepage, the browser will be redirected to trafficnado.com or other advertising web-pages.
How to manually remove trafficnado.com ads
The following instructions is a step-by-step guide, which will help you manually remove trafficnado.com from the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge.
- Remove suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove trafficnado.com redirect
- Remove trafficnado.com redirect from Firefox
- Remove trafficnado.com ads from Chrome
- Remove trafficnado.com ads from Internet Explorer
- Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Remove suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
The best way to begin the personal computer cleanup is to remove unknown and suspicious software. Using the Windows Control Panel you can do this quickly and easily. This step, in spite of its simplicity, should not be ignored, for one simple reason, many free programs at its installation additionally set various unneeded software that most often generate unwanted advertisements and redirect your browser to trafficnado.com web site. So, remove the unneeded applications may cleanup your browser from popups, hijackers and so on.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then press Windows key, click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then press “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will open the Windows Control Panel.
- Click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- You will see a list of all installed programs.
- Scroll through the all list, and remove suspicious and unknown software. To quickly find the latest installed programs, we recommend sort applications by date.
See more details in the video instructions below.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove trafficnado.com redirect
Click the right mouse button to a desktop shortcut which you use to launch your browser. Next, select the “Properties” option. Important: necessary to click on the desktop shortcut for the browser which is redirected to the trafficnado.com or other unwanted site.
Further, necessary to look at the text which is written in the “Target” field. The adware can replace the contents of this field, which describes the file to be run when you start your browser. Depending on the web-browser you are using, there should be: Google Chrome: chrome.exe, Opera: opera.exe, Firefox: firefox.exe, Internet Explorer: iexplore.exe. If you are seeing an unknown text like “http://site.address” that has been added here, then you should remove it, as shown on the screen below. Click the “OK” button to save the changes. Now, when you launch the internet browser from this desktop shortcut, it does not occur automatically redirect on the trafficnado.com site or any other annoying pages that is advertised by the adware. Once the step is finished, we recommend to go to the next step.
Remove trafficnado.com redirect from Firefox
If the Firefox settings have been changed by the adware, then resetting it to the default state can help you to remove the redirect onto trafficnado.com advertisements.
Run the Firefox and press button to display the Tools menu. It opens the drop-down menu on the right-part of the web-browser. Click on the Help button (). In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type about:support in the web-browser adress bar and press Enter. It will show the “Troubleshooting Information” page. In the upper-right corner of this screen, press the “Refresh Firefox” button. It will display the confirmation dialog box. Click on the “Refresh Firefox” button. The FF will start a task to fix your problems that caused by the adware. Once, it’s done, press the “Finish” button
Remove trafficnado.com ads from Chrome
Open the Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click to Settings option. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Show advanced settings” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, as shown below and click on the Reset settings button. Confirm your action, click on the Reset button.
Remove trafficnado.com ads from Internet Explorer
Open the Internet Explorer tools menu by clicking on the button in the form of gear (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click on the “Internet Options”. In the Internet Options window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click on “Reset” button. You will now need to restart your PC system for the changes to take effect.
Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Once installed, the adware can add a task in to the Windows Task Scheduler Library. Due to this, every time when you start your computer, it will display the trafficnado.com unwanted page. So, you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and get rid of all tasks that have been created by adware.
Press Windows and R keys on your keyboard simultaneously. This shows a prompt that called Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and click Enter. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, click “Task Scheduler Library”, as shown in the figure below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Select the first task, its properties will be open just below automatically. Next, press the Actions tab. Necessary to look at the text which is written under Details. Found something such as “explorer.exe http://trafficnado.com” or “chrome.exe http://site.address” or “firefox.exe http://site.address”, then you need get rid of this task. If you are not sure that executes the task, then google it. If it is a component of the malicious applications, then this task also can be safely removed.
Further click on it with the right mouse button and select Delete as shown below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by adware. Once is finished, close the Task Scheduler window.
Remove trafficnado.com popup ads with MalwareBytes Anti-malware
Remove trafficnado.com ads manually is difficult and often the adware is not completely removed. Therefore, we recommend you to use the MalwareBytes Anti-malware Free that are completely clean your computer. The MalwareBytes Anti-malware is a reputable malware removal program. It can automatically detect and remove the ad supported software of the your PC. Moreover, this free application will help you to get rid of browser hijackers, malware and toolbars that your computer may be infected too. You can follow the instructions below to remove the trafficnado.com annoying pop-up ads completely.
Download MalwareBytes Anti-malware (MBAM) from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
Once downloaded, close all programs and windows on your computer. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that named mbam-setup like below.
When the installation begins, you will see the “Setup wizard” that will help you install MalwareBytes Anti-malware on your PC.
Once installation is complete, you will see window as shown on the screen below.
Now click on the “Scan Now” button to begin scanning your system for the ad supported software which causes the redirect to trafficnado.com site. This process can take some time, so please be patient.
When the scan is finished, make sure all entries have “checkmark” and press “Remove Selected” button. The MalwareBytes Anti-malware will start removing the ad supported software related files, folders, registry keys. Once disinfection is finished, you may be prompted to Restart.
How to block trafficnado.com advertisements
To increase your security and protect your system against new annoying ads and malicious pages, you need to use an application that blocks access to dangerous ads and web-sites. Moreover, the software can block the open of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of web pages and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After the download is complete, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is finished, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your personal computer, AdGuard will start automatically and block pop-up ads, trafficnado.com redirects, as well as other malicious or misleading web-sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon , which is located on your Windows desktop.
If the problem with trafficnado.com is still remained
If MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot remove the trafficnado.com , then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for adware, browser hijackers, PUPs, toolbars. Also you can ask for help our Myantispyware team below.
- Download AdwCleaner from the link below. AdwCleaner download
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: April 28, 2022
- Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this tool is started, press “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the adware that generates the trafficnado.com ads.
- Once AdwCleaner has finished, it will open a scan report. Review the report and then click “Cleaning” button. It will open a prompt. Click “OK”.
How to ask for help the Myantispyware team
If you are seeking a help for trafficnado.com pop-ups removal then follow these steps.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop. HijackThis download
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon, and click the button labeled “Do a system scan only”.
- Once the scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop
Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the annoying trafficnado.com redirect.