The newnewstodays.net is classified as ‘ad-supported’ web-site. The appearance of newnewstodays.net in your web-browser means that your system is infected with ‘ad-supported’ software (also known as adware), which can display a large number of pop-ups within the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge screen or reroute you to an unwanted ad pages. So, if you have found that your browser is redirected to this annoying web-site, then you do not need to wait , you need to perform the guide below to clean your PC from the ad supported software and thereby get rid of newnewstodays.net ads ASAP.
Most often, the adware affects the most common web-browsers such as the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge. But such the dangerous software as well may infect another browsers by changing its shortcuts (adding an argument such as ‘http://site.address’ into Target field of a internet browser’s shortcut). So every time you launch the web-browser, it will redirect to the unwanted newnewstodays.net site. Even if you setup a new home page, an annoying web page will be the first thing you see when you start the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge.
Technically, the ad supported software is not a virus, but it does bad things, it generates a huge number of pop-up ads, hindering or completely blocking the work in the web-browser. It may install other unknown and unwanted software without your permission, force you to visit malicious sites. Moreover, with the adware, a browser hijacker can be additionally installed on to your system, that will replace your homepage with an unwanted web-site.
We recommend to remove the ad supported software, which redirects your internet browser on the newnewstodays.net unwanted web-page, as soon as you found this problem, as it can direct you to web-resources which may load other dangerous software on your computer.
How does newnewstodays.net pop-ups get installed onto system
How to manually remove newnewstodays.net
The simple answer is right here on this page. We have put together simplicity and efficiency. It will allow you easily to clean your personal computer of adware. Moreover, you can choose manual or automatic removal method. If you are familiar with the PC system then use manual removal, otherwise use the free anti-malware tool designed specifically to remove ad supported software that causes annoying newnewstodays.net popup ads. Of course, you can combine both methods. Read this manual carefully, bookmark or print it, because you may need to close your browser or reboot your computer.
- Get rid of suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to get rid of newnewstodays.net redirect
- Uninstall newnewstodays.net ads from Mozilla Firefox
- Remove newnewstodays.net from Google Chrome
- Uninstall newnewstodays.net ads from IE
- Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
Get rid of suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
First, you should try to identify and remove the program that causes the appearance of unwanted ads and browser redirect to unwanted web sites, using the ‘Uninstall a program’ which is located in the ‘Control panel’.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
Windows XP, Vista, 7
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to get rid of newnewstodays.net popups
During the installation, the adware may also change the browser’s shortcuts, adding an argument like “http://site.address” into the Target field. Due to this, every time you start the web-browser, it will reroute to an annoying advertisements.
To clear the internet browser shortcut, right-click to it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text that begins with “http://” that has been added here. You need to remove it. When the text is removed, press the OK button. You need to clean all shortcuts of all your web-browsers, as they may be infected too.
Uninstall newnewstodays.net ads from Mozilla Firefox
If the FF settings have been changed by the adware, then resetting it to the default state can help you to remove the redirect onto newnewstodays.net ads.
Run the Firefox and press button to display the Tools menu. It opens the drop-down menu on the right-part of the web-browser. Click on the Help button (). In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type about:support in the browser adress bar and press Enter. It will show the “Troubleshooting Information” page. In the upper-right corner of this screen, press the “Refresh Firefox” button. It will display the confirmation dialog box. Click on the “Refresh Firefox” button. The FF will start a task to fix your problems that caused by the adware. Once, it’s done, press the “Finish” button
Remove newnewstodays.net from Google Chrome
Reset Chrome settings is a simple way to delete the malware and adware extensions, as well as to restore the internet browser’s settings that have been modified by adware.
- Open the Chrome and press Menu button (small button in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will display the Chrome main menu. Select “Settings” option.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Show advanced settings” link.
- Scroll down again. Press the “Reset settings” button.
- The Chrome will show the reset profile settings page as shown on the image above.
- Click on the “Reset” button.
- Once this task is done, your browser’s settings will be restored to their original defaults. This will reset your start page and search provider by default.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Uninstall newnewstodays.net ads from IE
To remove the newnewstodays.net ads you need to reset the IE’s settings to the state, they were when the Windows OS was first installed on your PC.
Launch the Internet Explorer. Open the Tools menu (click ‘gear’ icon ). It opens the drop-down menu on the right part of the internet browser, then click the “Internet Options”. In the “Internet Options” dialog screen, you need to click on the “Advanced” tab, then press the “Reset” button. The IE will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” dialog box. Click on the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next press the “Reset” button. Once the task is done, click “Close” button, then close the IE. Restart your computer for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to back your internet browser’s settings to default state and disable ad-supported browser’s extensions.
Remove unwanted Scheduled Tasks
If the annoying newnewstodays.net site opens automatically on Windows startup or at equal time intervals, then you need to check the Task Scheduler Library and remove all the tasks that have been created by adware.
Press Windows and R keys on the keyboard at the same time. This opens a small window that titled with Run. In the text field, type “taskschd.msc” (without the quotes) and press Enter. Task Scheduler window opens. In the left-hand side, click “Task Scheduler Library”, as shown on the screen below.
In the middle part you will see a list of installed tasks. Select the first task, its properties will be open just below automatically. Next, press the Actions tab. Pay attention to that it launches on your computer. Found something like “explorer.exe http://site.address” or “chrome.exe http://newnewstodays.net”, then you need remove it. If you are not sure that executes the task, check it through a search engine. If it is a component of the malicious applications, then this task also can be safely removed.
Having defined the task that you want to get rid of, then click on it with the right mouse button and select Delete as shown below.
Repeat this step, if you have found a few tasks that have been created by adware. Once is finished, close the Task Scheduler window.
How to get rid of newnewstodays.net ads with Antimalware
Remove newnewstodays.net ads manually is difficult and often the adware is not completely removed. Therefore, we recommend you to use the MalwareBytes Anti-malware Free that are completely clean your PC. Moreover, the free application will help you to remove malware, browser hijacker and toolbars that your system may be infected too.
- Download MalwareBytes Anti-malware (MBAM) from the link below. Malwarebytes Anti-malware
Category: Security tools
Update: July 25, 2019
- Close all programs and windows on your system. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that named mbam-setup.
- Further, click Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once installation is complete, click on the “Scan Now” button to start scanning your personal computer for the adware which redirects your browser to the newnewstodays.net annoying page. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient.
- When the scan is finished, make sure all entries have “checkmark” and click “Remove Selected”. Once disinfection is finished, you may be prompted to Restart.
Block newnewstodays.net pop-up ads and other annoying pages
To increase your security and protect your PC against new annoying ads and malicious sites, you need to use program that blocks access to malicious advertisements and pages. Moreover, the software can block the open of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of web-sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
Download AdGuard program using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
Follow the prompts. After installation is complete, you will see a window as shown in the figure below.
You can click “Skip” to close the installation application and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your computer, AdGuard will run automatically and block pop-up ads, web pages such newnewstodays.net, as well as other dangerous or misleading web-sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which is located on your Windows desktop.
If the problem with newnewstodays.net pop-up ads is still remained
If MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot remove the newnewstodays.net , then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for adware, browser hijackers, PUPs, toolbars. Also you can ask for help our Myantispyware team below.
- Download AdwCleaner from the link below. AdwCleaner download
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: March 2, 2020
- Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this tool is started, press “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the ad supported software that generates the newnewstodays.net ads.
- Once AdwCleaner has finished, it will open a scan report. Review the report and then click “Cleaning” button. It will display a prompt. Click “OK”.
How to ask for help the Myantispyware team
If you are seeking a help for newnewstodays.net removal then follow these steps.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop. HijackThis download
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon, and click the button labeled “Do a system scan only”.
- Once the scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop
Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the unwanted newnewstodays.net pop-ups.