The borjoads.com is a ad-supported page which pops up on PC that’s infected with adware. The adware is one of the most annoying type of malware floating around the World Wide Web: an attack generates a lot of annoying advertisements within a user browser’s screen. A lot of people have fallen victim to these kinds of attacks, looking the World Wide Web in hopes of finding guide on how to get rid of annoying advertisements. Now, computer geeks and Myantispyware lab have teamed up to create a free guide that help users remove borjoads.com redirect for free.
Most often, the ad supported software affects the most common browsers like the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge. But such the malicious software as well may infect another web-browsers by changing its shortcuts (adding an argument such as ‘http://site.address’ into Target field of a browser’s shortcut). So every time you open the internet browser, it will redirect to the unwanted borjoads.com page. Even if you setup a new startpage, an annoying web-site will be the first thing you see when you start the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge.
The adware is the part of the software that is used as an online promotional tool. It is created with the sole purpose to open dozens of ads, banners and pop-ups, and thus to promote the goods and services in an open web-browser window. So, the borjoads.com is just one of the many sites of the so-called ‘ad-support’ type. It is designed to fill the web-browser’s constant stream of ads, or redirect the internet browser to not expected and intrusive advertising web pages. Moreover, the ad supported software can substitute the legitimate ads on misleading or even banners that can offer to visit malicious web-sites. The reason is simple, many advertisers agree on any ways to attract users to their web-pages, so the creators of ad supported software, often forcing users to click on an advertising link. For each click on a link, the authors of the adware receive income. It’s the so-called ‘Pay-Per-Click’ method.
We recommend to remove the adware, which redirects your browser on the borjoads.com unwanted web site, as soon as you found this problem, as it can direct you to web-resources which may load other dangerous software on your PC.
How does borjoads.com ads get installed onto system
How to manually remove borjoads.com ads
If you perform exactly the guide below you should be able to uninstall the borjoads.com . Read it once, after doing so, please print this page as you may need to close your browser or reboot your system.
- Delete suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to get rid of borjoads.com redirect
- Get rid of borjoads.com popup ads in Google Chrome
- Remove borjoads.com popup ads from FF
- Remove borjoads.com ads from Internet Explorer
Delete suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
We recommend that you start the system cleaning process by checking the list of installed programs and delete all unknown or suspicious applications. This is a very important step, as mentioned above, very often the malicious software such as adware and browser hijackers may be bundled with free programs. Uninstall the unwanted software may remove the annoying advertising banners or browser redirect to unknown or unwanted sites.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
Windows XP, Vista, 7
Click “Uninstall a program” It will display a list of all programs. Scroll through the all list, and remove any suspicious and unknown programs. To quickly find the latest installed software, we recommend sort applications by date in the Control panel.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to get rid of borjoads.com redirect
Click the right mouse button to a desktop shortcut which you use to launch your browser. Next, select the “Properties” option. Important: necessary to click on the desktop shortcut for the browser which is redirected to the borjoads.com or other annoying site.
Further, necessary to look at the text which is written in the “Target” field. The adware can replace the contents of this field, which describes the file to be run when you start your web-browser. Depending on the internet browser you are using, there should be: Google Chrome: chrome.exe, Opera: opera.exe, Firefox: firefox.exe, Internet Explorer: iexplore.exe. If you are seeing an unknown text like “http://site.address” that has been added here, then you should remove it, as shown on the screen below. Click the “OK” button to save the changes. Now, when you launch the web-browser from this desktop shortcut, it does not occur automatically redirect on the borjoads.com page or any other annoying pages that is advertised by the adware. Once the step is finished, we recommend to go to the next step.
Get rid of borjoads.com popup ads in Google Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings is a simple way to remove the malicious and ad-supported extensions, as well as to restore the web-browser’s home page, newtab page and search provider by default that have been modified by adware.
- Open the Chrome and click on the Menu icon (icon in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will open the Chrome main menu. Click the “Settings” menu.
- Click “Show advanced settings” link, that located at the bottom of the Settings page.
- Click the “Reset settings” button, that located at the bottom of the Advanced settings page.
- The Chrome will show the reset settings box as shown on the image above.
- Confirm the browser’s reset by clicking on the “Reset” button.
- To learn more, read the guide How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Remove borjoads.com popup ads from FF
If the Mozilla Firefox settings have been changed by the adware, then resetting it to the default state can help you to remove the redirect onto borjoads.com ads.
Run the Firefox and press button to display the Tools menu. It displays the drop-down menu on the right-part of the internet browser. Click on the Help button (). In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type about:support in the browser adress bar and press Enter. It will show the “Troubleshooting Information” page. In the upper-right corner of this screen, press the “Refresh Firefox” button. It will open the confirmation dialog box. Click on the “Refresh Firefox” button. The FF will start a task to fix your problems that caused by the adware. Once, it’s done, press the “Finish” button
Remove borjoads.com ads from Internet Explorer
Run Microsoft Internet Explorer, press . Click “Internet Options” as shown below. In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next press Reset button. The Internet Explorer will open the Reset Internet Explorer settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and press Reset button. You will now need to restart your personal computer for the changes to take effect. It will restore the IE’s settings to default state, disable ad-supported browser’s extensions and remove the redirect to the borjoads.com annoying site.
How to remove borjoads.com with Anti-malware
Manual removal borjoads.com popup ads requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the adware may be not completely removed. We suggest that use the MalwareBytes Anti-malware Free that are completely clean your PC system. Moreover, the free applications will help you to get rid of malware, internet browser hijackers and toolbars that your computer may be infected too.
- Please download MalwareBytes Anti-malware to your desktop from the following link. Malwarebytes Anti-malware
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- At the download page, click the Download button. Your internet browser will open the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your desktop.
- Once the download process is complete, please close all software and open windows on your computer. Double-click on the icon that named mbam-setup.
- This will launch the Setup wizard of MalwareBytes Anti-malware onto your PC. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Anti-malware will start and open the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button for ad supported software removal scan. It will begin scanning your computer for the ad supported software which redirects your browser to the borjoads.com annoying page. This process can take quite a while, so please be patient.
- When the MalwareBytes Anti-malware has finished scanning, it will open a screen which contains a list of malicious software that has been found.
- When you are ready, press on “Remove Selected” button to begin cleaning your computer. Once the process is finished, you may be prompted to Restart.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
How to stop borjoads.com ads
To increase your security and protect your PC against new annoying ads and malicious web-sites, you need to use an application that blocks access to malicious advertisements and web pages. Moreover, the software can block the open of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of web-sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After the download is complete, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is finished, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your system, AdGuard will start automatically and block pop-up ads, borjoads.com redirects, as well as other dangerous or misleading web-pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon , which is located on your Windows desktop.
If the problem with borjoads.com pop-up ads is still remained
If MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot remove the borjoads.com advertisements, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for adware, browser hijackers, PUPs, toolbars. Also you can ask for help our Myantispyware team below.
- Download AdwCleaner from the link below. AdwCleaner download
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: March 22, 2021
- Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this tool is started, press “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the ad supported software that generates the borjoads.com ads.
- Once AdwCleaner has finished, it will display a scan report. Review the report and then click “Cleaning” button. It will show a prompt. Click “OK”.
How to ask for help the Myantispyware team
If you are seeking a help for borjoads.com removal then follow these steps.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop. HijackThis download
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon, and click the button labeled “Do a system scan only”.
- Once the scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop
Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the redirect to the annoying borjoads.com .