If you’re reading this post, it means that you are seeing the Chromepage6.ru unknown web-page instead of your startpage or when you open a new tab or perform an internet search you are automatically directed to the annoying page. All of these problems with your personal computer caused by hijacker infection, which is often installs on the PC with the freeware. You probably want to know how to get rid of this hijacker and remove Chromepage6.ru homepage as well as to restore your web-browser’s home page, newtab page and search provider by default. In the step-by-step instructions below we will tell you about how to solve your problems.
The Chromepage6.ru browser hijacker infection can change the settings of the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge, but often that a parasites like this can also infect all types of browsers by changing their desktop shortcuts. Thus forcing the user each time open the web-browser to see Chromepage6.ru annoying web-site.
Except that the Chromepage6.ru modifies browser’s homepage, it also replaces a search engine, which leads to the fact that use of the internet browser’s search becomes impossible. The reason for this is that the search results will consist of a lot of advertising, links to malicious and misleading sites and only the remaining part is search results for your query from the other, well-known search engines like Google or Bing.
The Chromepage6.ru browser hijacker is not a virus, but the virus behaves similarly. As a rootkit hides in the system, changes web-browser settings, and blocks them from changing. Also this web-browser browser hijacker can install additional internet browser addons, extensions and modules that will display advertisements and popups. And finally, the Chromepage6.ru browser hijacker infection can collect a wide variety of personal information such as what web pages you are opening, what you are looking for the World Wide Web and so on. This information, in the future, may be transferred to third parties. Therefore it is very important to as quickly as possible to clean your system, remove Chromepage6.ru search, as well as other malicious and ad-supported software, which could penetrate the computer along with it.
How to Chromepage6.ru hijacker infection get installed onto system
How to manually remove Chromepage6.ru
This useful removal guide for the Chromepage6.ru search. The detailed procedure can be followed by anyone as it really does take you step-by-step. If you follow this process to uninstall Chromepage6.ru search let us know how you managed by sending us your comments please.
- Remove Chromepage6.ru associated software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to uninstall Chromepage6.ru startpage
- Remove Chromepage6.ru startpage from Chrome
- Get rid of Chromepage6.ru redirect in Mozilla Firefox
- Get rid of Chromepage6.ru search in Internet Explorer
Remove Chromepage6.ru associated software by using Windows Control Panel
First, you should try to identify and delete the program that causes the appearance of unwanted ads and browser redirect to unwanted web-pages, using the ‘Uninstall a program’ which is located in the ‘Control panel’.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
Windows XP, Vista, 7
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to uninstall Chromepage6.ru redirect
During the installation, this browser hijacker may also change the internet browser’s shortcuts, adding “http://chromepage6.ru/start.html” into the Target field. Due to this, every time you start the web-browser, it will open this unwanted site.
To clear the web-browser shortcut, right-click to it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text “http://chromepage6.ru/start.html” that has been added here. You need to remove it. When the text is removed, press the OK button. You need to clean all shortcuts of all your browsers, as they may be infected too.
Remove Chromepage6.ru startpage from Chrome
Like other modern browsers, the Google Chrome has the ability to reset the settings to their default values and thus restore the start page and search provider by default that have been modified by the Chromepage6.ru browser hijacker.
Start the Chrome. Click on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will appear the main menu. Click on the option named “Settings”. Another way to open the Chrome’s settings – type chrome://settings in the internet browser adress bar and press Enter. The browser will display the settings screen. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Show advanced settings” link. Now scroll down until the “Reset settings” section is visible, as shown below and click on the “Reset settings” button. The Chrome will open the confirmation dialog box. You need to confirm your action. Press on the “Reset” button. The program will start the process of cleaning and when it is finished, the internet browser settings including start page and search provider by default back to the values that have been when the Chrome was first installed on your computer.
Get rid of Chromepage6.ru redirect in Mozilla Firefox
Open the Mozilla Firefox menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click on the Help button (). In the Help menu click on the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button. Confirm your action. Click on the “Refresh Firefox”.
Get rid of Chromepage6.ru search in Internet Explorer
Run Microsoft Internet Explorer, press ). Click “Internet Options” as shown below. In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next press Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the Reset Internet Explorer settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and press Reset button. You will now need to restart your computer for the changes to take effect. It will remove Chromepage6.ru hijacker, disable malicious and ad-supported browser’s extensions and restore the IE’s home page to default state.
How to remove Chromepage6.ru with Antimalware
Manual removal Chromepage6.ru requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the hijacker may be not completely removed. We suggest that use the MalwareBytes Anti-malware Free that are completely clean your PC. Moreover, the free applications will help you to remove malware, ad-supported software (adware) and toolbars that your computer may be infected too.
- Please download MalwareBytes Anti-malware to your desktop from the following link. Malwarebytes Anti-malware
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your internet browser will display the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- Once the download process is finished, please close all programs and open windows on your computer. Double-click on the icon that named mbam-setup.
- This will start the Setup wizard of MalwareBytes Anti-malware onto your PC. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Antimalware will start and show the main window.
- Click on the “Scan Now” button for the browser hijacker removal scan. It will begin scanning your system for the hijacker which redirects your browser to the Chromepage6.ru unwanted site. This procedure can take quite a while, so please be patient.
- When the MalwareBytes Anti-malware has finished scanning, it will display a screen which contains a list of malicious software that has been found.
- When you are ready, click on “Remove Selected” button to begin cleaning your system. Once the process is done, you may be prompted to Restart.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Block Chromepage6.ru and other annoying pages
To increase your security and protect your personal computer against new unwanted advertising and malicious pages, you need to use an application that blocks access to dangerous advertising banners and sites. Moreover, the software can block the show of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of pages and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
Download AdGuard program using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
After the download is complete, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as shown below.
Follow the prompts. After installation is complete, you will see a window as shown in the figure below.
You can click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your PC, AdGuard will run automatically and stop pop-up ads, web-sites such Chromepage6.ru, as well as other malicious or misleading web pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which is located on your desktop.
Delete Chromepage6.ru browser hijacker infection and malicious extensions with AdwCleaner.
If MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot remove this browser hijacker infection, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for browser hijackers, adware, PUPs, toolbars. Also you can ask for help our Myantispyware team below.
Download AdwCleaner from the link below.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: April 28, 2022
Once finished, open a directory in which you saved it. You will see an icon like below.
Double click the AdwCleaner desktop icon. Once this tool is started, you will see a screen like below.
Press “Scan” button to perform a system scan for Chromepage6.ru browser hijacker infection and browser’s malicious extensions. Once AdwCleaner has finished, it will open a scan report as shown below.
Review the report and then click “Cleaning” button. It will open a prompt.
Click “OK”. When the cleaning process is finished, AdwCleaner may ask you to reboot your computer.
When your PC system is started, you will see an AdwCleaner log.
How to ask for help the Myantispyware team
If you are seeking a help for Chromepage6.ru homepage removal then follow these steps.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop. HijackThis download
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon, and click the button labeled “Do a system scan only”.
- Once the scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop
Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with Chromepage6.ru removal.