The Chromepage3.ru redirect should not be underestimated, because the reason for it is appearance of browser hijacker on your PC. It can bring a security risk to your system. So, do not ignore it! Of course, the Chromepage3.ru is just a page, but the hijacker uses it to replace your startpage settings, without your permission and desire to see it. The Chromepage3.ru as your homepage can be just the beginning, because your computer is infected by malicious software, that in the future may increase the amount of problems with the Chrome, Firefox, IE and MS Edge. Its appearance will prevent you normally browse the Internet, and more, can lead to crash the browser.
The Chromepage3.ru hijacker infection can change the settings of the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge, but often that a parasites like this can also infect all types of browsers by changing their desktop shortcuts. Thus forcing the user each time open the web-browser to see Chromepage3.ru annoying page.
As mentioned above, the Chromepage3.ru browser hijacker also changes the browser’s search engine. So, your internet browser, when searching something, will open a hodgepodge of advertisements, links to malicious and misleading web-sites and search results of a big search engines like Google or Bing. As a result, actual use of a web-browser’s search becomes impossible. Moreover, it may also lead to slowing or even freeze your web-browser.
Also on the computer together with Chromepage3.ru hijacker can be installed an adware, which will insert a lot of advertisements directly to the sites that you view, creating a sense that advertising links has been added by the creators of the web page. Moreover, a legal ads may be replaced on the fake advertising links, that will offer to download and install various unnecessary and harmful programs. Moreover, the Chromepage3.ru hijacker infection has the ability to collect a huge amount of personal information about you, which can later transfer to third parties.
How to Chromepage3.ru infection get installed onto system
How to manually remove Chromepage3.ru
This guide will help you get rid of Chromepage3.ru homepage. These Chromepage3.ru removal steps work for the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge, as well as every version of Windows operating system. Some of the steps may require you to close the internet browser or reboot your PC system. So, bookmark or print it for later reference.
- Remove Chromepage3.ru associated software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove Chromepage3.ru homepage
- Remove Chromepage3.ru search from Chrome
- Delete Chromepage3.ru redirect from Firefox
- Delete Chromepage3.ru startpage from Internet Explorer
Remove Chromepage3.ru associated software by using Windows Control Panel
We recommend that you start the computer cleaning process by checking the list of installed programs and remove all unknown or suspicious applications. This is a very important step, as mentioned above, very often the malicious software such as adware and browser hijackers may be bundled with free programs. Uninstall the unwanted software may remove the annoying advertising or browser redirect to unknown or unwanted web-sites.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
Windows XP, Vista, 7
Click “Uninstall a program” It will open a list of all programs. Scroll through the all list, and remove any suspicious and unknown programs. To quickly find the latest installed software, we recommend sort applications by date in the Control panel.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove Chromepage3.ru search
Once installed, this hijacker may add “http://chromepage3.ru/page.html” into the Target property of the desktop shortcut for the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge. Due to this, every time you start the browser, it will display the annoying home page.
Right click on the browser’s shortcut, click Properties option. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text “http://chromepage3.ru/page.html” that has been added here. Remove everything after .exe. An example, for Google Chrome you should remove everything after chrome.exe. Click OK to save changes. You need to clean all browser’s shortcuts. So, repeat this step for the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge.
Remove Chromepage3.ru search from Chrome
Reset Google Chrome settings is a simple way to uninstall the malware and adware extensions, as well as to restore the browser’s settings that have been modified by browser hijacker.
- Open the Chrome and press Menu button (small button in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will open the Chrome main menu. Select “Settings” option.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Show advanced settings” link.
- Scroll down again. Press the “Reset settings” button.
- The Chrome will show the reset profile settings page as shown on the image above.
- Click on the “Reset” button.
- Once this task is done, your browser’s settings will be restored to their original defaults. This will reset your home page, newtab page and search provider by default.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Delete Chromepage3.ru redirect from Firefox
If the Mozilla Firefox settings such as home page, newtab page and search provider by default have been changed by the browser hijacker, then resetting it to the default state can help.
Run the Firefox and press button to display the Tools menu. It displays the drop-down menu on the right-part of the web-browser. Click on the Help button (). In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type about:support in the internet browser adress bar and press Enter. It will show the “Troubleshooting Information” page. In the upper-right corner of this screen, press the “Refresh Firefox” button. It will open the confirmation dialog box. Click on the “Refresh Firefox” button. The FF will start a task to fix your problems that caused by the Chromepage3.ru hijacker. Once, it’s done, press the “Finish” button
Delete Chromepage3.ru startpage from Internet Explorer
To restore the start page, search provider by default you need to reset the Microsoft Internet Explorer’s settings to the state, they were when the Windows OS was first installed on your computer.
Launch the Internet Explorer. Open the Tools menu (click ‘gear’ icon ). It opens the drop-down menu on the right part of the web-browser, then click the “Internet Options”. In the “Internet Options” dialog screen, you need to click on the “Advanced” tab, then press the “Reset” button. The IE will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” dialog box. Click on the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next press the “Reset” button. Once the task is done, click “Close” button, then close the IE. Restart your PC for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to back your web-browser’s homepage, new tab page and search engine by default to default state.
Get rid of Chromepage3.ru with MalwareBytes Anti-malware.
Get rid of Chromepage3.ru manually is difficult and often the hijacker infection is not completely removed. Therefore, we recommend you to use the MalwareBytes Anti-malware Free that are completely clean your computer. Moreover, the free software will help you to remove adware and toolbars that your computer may be infected too.
Download MalwareBytes Anti-malware (MBAM) from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
When the installation begins, you will see the “Setup wizard” that will help you install MalwareBytes Anti-malware on your system.
Once installation is complete, you will see window similar to the one below.
Now click on the “Scan Now” button to begin scanning your system for the hijacker infection that cause a redirect to Chromepage3.ru. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient.
When the scan is finished, make sure all entries have “checkmark” and click “Remove Selected” button. The MalwareBytes Anti-malware will begin removing Chromepage3.ru infection related files, folders, registry keys. Once disinfection is completed, you may be prompted to Restart.
How to block Chromepage3.ru search
To increase your security and protect your personal computer against new unwanted advertising banners and malicious web-pages, you need to use program that blocks access to malicious ads and web sites. Moreover, the software can stop the open of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After the download is complete, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is finished, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your PC, AdGuard will start automatically and block pop-up ads, sites such Chromepage3.ru, as well as other dangerous or misleading pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
Get rid of Chromepage3.ru hijacker and malicious extensions with AdwCleaner.
If MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot delete this browser hijacker, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for browser hijackers, adware, PUPs, toolbars. Also you can ask for help our Myantispyware team below.
Download AdwCleaner from the link below.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: April 3, 2020
Double click the AdwCleaner desktop icon. Once this tool is started, you will see a screen like below.
Press “Scan” button to perform a system scan for Chromepage3.ru browser hijacker infection and browser’s malicious extensions. Once AdwCleaner has finished, it will open a scan report as shown below.
Review the report and then click “Cleaning” button. It will open a prompt.
Click “OK”. When the cleaning process is finished, AdwCleaner may ask you to reboot your computer.
When your PC system is started, you will see an AdwCleaner log.
How to ask for help the Myantispyware team
If you are seeking a help for Chromepage3.ru search removal then follow these steps.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop. HijackThis download
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon, and click the button labeled “Do a system scan only”.
- Once the scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop
Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with Chromepage3.ru removal.