Have you tried to open a well-known site and found that your web-browser is rerouted to a previously unseen web page called survey.0212.ws? If you answered ‘Yes’ then your need to know that your system is infected with an adware. The adware is a type of dangerous software that alters your computer’s browser settings so that you will be randomly rerouted to an unwanted ads. You need to perform the steps below as soon as possible to clean your system from the ad supported software and remove annoying survey.0212.ws advertising. Moreover, the guide will help you to block the ability to penetrate of the system with more malicious viruses and trojans.
The adware usually affects only the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge by changing the internet browser’s settings or installing a dangerous extensions (addons). Moreover, possible situations, when any other web-browsers will be affected too. The ad supported software will perform a scan of the personal computer for web-browser shortcuts and modify them without your permission. When it infects the internet browser shortcuts, it will add the argument like ‘http://site.address’ into Target property. So, each time you run the browser, you will see an unwanted survey.0212.ws web-site.
While your PC system is infected with the ad supported software, the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge may be rerouted to survey.0212.ws annoying web-page. Of course, the adware may not cause damages to your files or Windows system, but it may show a large number of unwanted advertisements. These advertisements will be injected within the content of web sites that are you opening in your browser. The advertising can be varied: pop-up ads, in-text ads, different sized banners, offers to install an questionable software. The ads will appear on all sites, including sites where previously you have never seen any ads. In this case, when you open any page, you may see in your browser’s status bar the following messages: ‘Waiting for survey.0212.ws’, ‘Transferring data from survey.0212.ws’, ‘Looking up survey.0212.ws’, ‘Read survey.0212.ws’, ‘Connected to survey.0212.ws’.
So, obviously, you need to get rid of the ad supported software as soon as possible. Use the free instructions below. This guide will help you clean your computer and remove the survey.0212.ws unwanted ads.
How does survey.0212.ws ads get installed onto computer
How to manually remove survey.0212.ws
The following instructions is a step-by-step guide, which will help you manually get rid of survey.0212.ws redirect from the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge.
- Remove suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove survey.0212.ws redirect
- Remove survey.0212.ws popup ads from Chrome
- Remove survey.0212.ws from Mozilla Firefox
- Remove survey.0212.ws pop-up ads from Microsoft Internet Explorer
Remove suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
The best way to begin the computer cleanup is to delete unknown and suspicious software. Using the Windows Control Panel you can do this quickly and easily. This step, in spite of its simplicity, should not be ignored, for one simple reason, many free applications at its installation additionally set various unneeded programs that most often generate annoying advertising and redirect your browser to survey.0212.ws site. So, remove the unneeded applications may cleanup your browser from popups, hijackers and so on.
- If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 then press Windows key, click Search. Type “Control panel”and press Enter.
- If you are using Windows XP, Vista, 7, then press “Start” button and click “Control Panel”.
- It will open the Windows Control Panel.
- Click “Uninstall a program” under Programs category.
- You will see a list of all installed programs.
- Scroll through the all list, and remove suspicious and unknown applications. To quickly find the latest installed programs, we recommend sort software by date.
See more details in the video instructions below.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove survey.0212.ws redirect
During the installation, the adware may also change the web-browser’s shortcuts, adding an argument like “http://site.address” into the Target field. Due to this, every time you start the internet browser, it will reroute to an unwanted advertisements.
To clear the web-browser shortcut, right-click to it and select Properties. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text that begins with “http://” that has been added here. You need to remove it. When the text is removed, press the OK button. You need to clean all shortcuts of all your web-browsers, as they may be infected too.
Remove survey.0212.ws popup ads from Chrome
Reset Chrome settings is a simple way to remove the malware and adware extensions, as well as to restore the browser’s settings that have been modified by adware.
- Open the Chrome and press Menu button (small button in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will display the Chrome main menu. Select “Settings” option.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Show advanced settings” link.
- Scroll down again. Press the “Reset settings” button.
- The Chrome will open the reset profile settings page as shown on the image above.
- Click on the “Reset” button.
- Once this task is done, your internet browser’s settings will be restored to their original defaults. This will reset your homepage, search engine by default.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Remove survey.0212.ws from Mozilla Firefox
Open the Firefox menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It opens the drop-down menu. Click on the Help button (). In the Help menu click on the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button. Confirm your action. Click on the “Refresh Firefox”.
Remove survey.0212.ws pop-up ads from Microsoft Internet Explorer
Run Microsoft Internet Explorer, press . Click “Internet Options” as shown below. In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next press Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the Reset Internet Explorer settings prompt. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and press Reset button. You will now need to restart your PC for the changes to take effect. It will restore the IE’s settings to default state, disable ad-supported browser’s extensions and remove the redirect to the survey.0212.ws annoying page.
Remove survey.0212.ws advertisements with MalwareBytes Anti-malware
Remove survey.0212.ws ads manually is difficult and often the ad supported software is not completely removed. Therefore, we recommend you to use the MalwareBytes Anti-malware Free that are completely clean your system. The MalwareBytes Anti-malware is a reputable malware removal software. It can automatically detect and remove the ad supported software of the your system. Moreover, this free software will help you to get rid of browser hijackers, malware and toolbars that your personal computer may be infected too. You can follow these simple steps below to eliminate the survey.0212.ws annoying advertising completely.
Download MalwareBytes Anti-malware (MBAM) from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: July 25, 2019
When the installation begins, you will see the “Setup wizard” that will help you install MalwareBytes Anti-malware on your computer.
Once installation is complete, you will see window similar to the one below.
Now click on the “Scan Now” button to start scanning your PC system for the ad supported software which causes the redirect to survey.0212.ws web-site. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient.
When the scan is finished, make sure all entries have “checkmark” and click “Remove Selected” button. The MalwareBytes Anti-malware will start to remove the adware related files, folders, registry keys. Once disinfection is completed, you may be prompted to Restart.
Block survey.0212.ws redirect and other similar web pages
To increase your security and protect your PC against new annoying ads and malicious web-sites, you need to use an application that blocks access to dangerous advertising and web-pages. Moreover, the software can block the display of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
Download AdGuard program using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
Follow the prompts. After installation is complete, you will see a window as shown in the figure below.
You can click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your system, AdGuard will run automatically and stop pop-up ads, web sites such survey.0212.ws, as well as other malicious or misleading pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which is located on your Windows desktop.
If the problem with survey.0212.ws ads is still remained
If MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot remove the redirect to survey.0212.ws advertising, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for adware, browser hijackers, PUPs, toolbars. Also you can ask for help our Myantispyware team below.
- Download AdwCleaner from the link below. AdwCleaner download
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: July 23, 2019
- Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this tool is started, press “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the adware that generates the survey.0212.ws ads.
- Once AdwCleaner has finished, it will open a scan report. Review the report and then click “Cleaning” button. It will display a prompt. Click “OK”.
How to ask for help the Myantispyware team
If you are seeking a help for survey.0212.ws ads removal then follow these steps.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop. HijackThis download
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon, and click the button labeled “Do a system scan only”.
- Once the scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop
Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the redirect to the annoying survey.0212.ws advertising.