Have you become that your browser randomly opens download.weatherblink.com, instead of the one you want to see? it is a sign that you have an installed adware on your computer. The ad supported software is a part of malicious software that created to display a huge number of annoying advertisements. You need to perform the instructions below as soon as possible. It will clear your computer from advertising software that generates a lot of advertising in the web-browser and thus remove the redirect to the download.weatherblink.com site.
The adware can change the settings of the Chrome, Firefox, IE and MS Edge, but often that a malicious software like this can also infect all types of internet browsers by changing their desktop shortcuts. Thus forcing the user each time start the web-browser to see download.weatherblink.com annoying advertisements.
The adware may insert a large number of ads directly to the web-pages that you visit, creating a sense that the ads has been added by the creators of the web site. Moreover, a legal advertising may be replaced on the fake advertising, that will offer to download and install various unnecessary and harmful programs. Moreover, the adware has the ability to collect a tons of personal information about you (your ip address, what is a web page you are viewing now, what you are looking for on the Internet, which links you are clicking), which can later transfer to third parties.
Therefore it is very important to as quickly as possible follow the step-by-step guide below to remove ad supported software and clean your personal computer from the redirect to download.weatherblink.com advertisements. What is more, the guide will help you remove other dangerous software such as unwanted toolbars and browser hijackers, which could penetrate the PC system along with the adware.
How does download.weatherblink.com ads get installed onto personal computer
How to manually remove download.weatherblink.com
This step-by-step guide will help you remove download.weatherblink.com . These download.weatherblink.com removal steps work for the Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge, as well as every version of Windows operating system. Some of the steps may require you to close the internet browser or reboot your PC system. So, bookmark or print it for later reference.
- Remove suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove download.weatherblink.com redirect
- Remove download.weatherblink.com pop-up ads from Google Chrome
- Delete download.weatherblink.com ads from Firefox
- Remove download.weatherblink.com from Internet Explorer
Remove suspicious and unknown software by using Windows Control Panel
We recommend that you start the PC cleaning process by checking the list of installed programs and get rid of all unknown or suspicious applications. This is a very important step, as mentioned above, very often the malicious software such as adware and browser hijackers may be bundled with free applications. Uninstall the unwanted software may remove the annoying advertisements or internet browser redirect to unknown or annoying pages.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
Windows XP, Vista, 7
Click “Uninstall a program” It will display a list of all programs. Scroll through the all list, and remove any suspicious and unknown programs. To quickly find the latest installed software, we recommend sort applications by date in the Control panel.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove download.weatherblink.com redirect
Once installed, the adware may add “http://download.weatherblink.com” into the Target property of the desktop shortcut for the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge. Due to this, every time you open the web-browser, it will open the download.weatherblink.com unwanted page.
Right click on the browser’s shortcut, click Properties option. On the Shortcut tab, locate the Target field. Click inside, you will see a vertical line – arrow pointer, move it (using -> arrow key on your keyboard) to the right as possible. You will see a text “http://download.weatherblink.com” that has been added here. Remove everything after .exe. An example, for Google Chrome you should remove everything after chrome.exe. Click OK to save changes. You need to clean all browser’s shortcuts. So, repeat this step for the Chrome, Firefox, IE and MS Edge.
Remove download.weatherblink.com pop-up ads from Google Chrome
Like other modern browsers, the Chrome has the ability to reset the settings to their default values and thus remove the redirect to download.weatherblink.com unwanted advertisements which is caused by the adware.
Start the Google Chrome. Click on the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will appear the main menu. Click on the option named “Settings”. Another way to open the Google Chrome’s settings – type chrome://settings in the internet browser adress bar and press Enter. The web-browser will open the settings screen. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Show advanced settings” link. Now scroll down until the “Reset settings” section is visible, as shown below and click on the “Reset settings” button. The Chrome will show the confirmation dialog box. You need to confirm your action. Press on the “Reset” button. The program will start the process of cleaning and when it is finished, the web-browser settings including the ‘block pop-ups’ option back to the values that have been when the Chrome was first installed on your computer.
Delete download.weatherblink.com ads from Firefox
If the Firefox settings have been changed by the ad supported software, then resetting it to the default state can help you to remove the redirect onto download.weatherblink.com advertising.
Run the Firefox and press button to show the Tools menu. It displays the drop-down menu on the right-part of the internet browser. Click on the Help button (). In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type about:support in the browser adress bar and press Enter. It will open the “Troubleshooting Information” page. In the upper-right corner of this screen, press the “Refresh Firefox” button. It will open the confirmation dialog box. Click on the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Firefox will start a task to fix your problems that caused by the adware. Once, it’s done, press the “Finish” button
Remove download.weatherblink.com from Internet Explorer
To remove the download.weatherblink.com ads you need to reset the Internet Explorer’s settings to the state, they were when the Windows OS was first installed on your computer.
Launch the Internet Explorer. Open the Tools menu (click ‘gear’ icon ). It shows the drop-down menu on the right part of the browser, then click the “Internet Options”. In the “Internet Options” dialog screen, you need to click on the “Advanced” tab, then press the “Reset” button. The IE will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” dialog box. Click on the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next press the “Reset” button. Once the task is done, click “Close” button, then close the Microsoft Internet Explorer. Restart your PC system for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to back your internet browser’s settings to default state and disable ad-supported browser’s extensions.
How to get rid of download.weatherblink.com with Anti-malware
Manual removal download.weatherblink.com pop-up ads requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the adware may be not completely removed. We suggest that use the MalwareBytes Anti-malware Free that are completely clean your personal computer. Moreover, the freeware will help you to remove malware, browser hijackers and toolbars that your system may be infected too.
- Please download MalwareBytes Anti-malware to your desktop from the following link. Malwarebytes Anti-malware
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web-browser will display the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your desktop.
- Once the download process is finished, please close all programs and open windows on your system. Double-click on the icon that named mbam-setup.
- This will start the Setup wizard of MalwareBytes Anti-malware onto your PC. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Anti-malware will start and show the main window.
- Click on the “Scan Now” button for ad supported software removal scan. It will start scanning your PC for the ad supported software which redirects your web-browser to the download.weatherblink.com annoying web page. This procedure can take quite a while, so please be patient.
- When the MalwareBytes Anti-malware has finished scanning, it will show a screen which contains a list of malicious software that has been found.
- When you are ready, click on “Remove Selected” button to start cleaning your system. Once the process is done, you may be prompted to Restart.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Block download.weatherblink.com and other similar malicious sites
To increase your security and protect your computer against new annoying ads and malicious web sites, you need to use an application that blocks access to dangerous advertising and web-pages. Moreover, the software can block the open of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
Download AdGuard program using the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
After the download is complete, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as shown below.
Follow the prompts. After installation is complete, you will see a window as shown in the figure below.
You can click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your personal computer, AdGuard will run automatically and block pop-up ads, sites such download.weatherblink.com, as well as other malicious or misleading web sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
If the problem with download.weatherblink.com ads is still remained
If MalwareBytes Anti-malware cannot remove the redirect to download.weatherblink.com ads, then we suggests to use the AdwCleaner. AdwCleaner is a free removal tool for adware, browser hijackers, PUPs, toolbars. Also you can ask for help our Myantispyware team below.
- Download AdwCleaner from the link below. AdwCleaner download
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: April 3, 2020
- Double click the AdwCleaner icon. Once this tool is started, press “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the adware that generates the download.weatherblink.com advertisements.
- Once AdwCleaner has finished, it will open a scan report. Review the report and then click “Cleaning” button. It will display a prompt. Click “OK”.
How to ask for help the Myantispyware team
If you are seeking a help for download.weatherblink.com advertisements removal then follow these steps.
- Download HijackThis from the link below and save it to your Desktop. HijackThis download
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon, and click the button labeled “Do a system scan only”.
- Once the scan is complete, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the redirect to the annoying download.weatherblink.com advertising.
Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.