Registry Defender Platinum also known as RD Platinum is a rogue registry cleaning program that uses fake alerts and false registry problems to trick you into buying the fake software. The software is distributed through the use variety of malicious software, for example trojan Vundo. Once infected, your computer will display numerous fake alerts notifying you about Windows registry problems.
When installing, Registry Defender Platinum configures itself to run automatically every time, when you start Windows. Once running, the rogue will scan your computer and list a large amount of problems. Then, it said that you should purchase Registry Defender Platinum in order to fix them. Computer users are urged to avoid purchasing this bogus program!
Symptoms in a HijackThis Log
O4 – Startup: RDPlatinum v5.lnk = C:\Program Files\Angle Interactive\RD Platinum v5.0\RDPlatinumv5.exe
Use the following instructions to remove Registry Defender Platinum (Uninstall instructions)
- Download MalwareBytes Anti-malware (MBAM). Close all programs and Windows on your computer.
- Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application. When the installation begins, keep following the prompts in order to continue with the installation process. Do not make any changes to default settings and when the program has finished installing, make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
- If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
- Once the program has loaded, select “Perform Quick Scan”, then click Scan.
- The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
- When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
- Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
- When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.
Note: if you need help with the instructions, then post your questions in our Spyware Removal forum.