Search.searchgdd2.com is categorized as hijackware (also known as browser hijacker). It modifies the home page, search provider and new tab page of your web browsers such as Microsoft Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. When this browser hijacker is installed, it’ll change the web browser’s settings so that they automatically being redirected to the Search.searchgdd2.com as your start page and use it for Internet searches. So, every time, when your internet browser opens, it will open Search.searchgdd2.com web site. Furthermore, when you try to search through affected browser, it will reroute your queries first to Search.searchgdd2.com, and then on to Bing or Yahoo or Google Custom Search.
The Search.searchgdd2.com browser hijacker infection will modify your browser’s search provider so that all searches are sent via Search.searchgdd2.com, which redirects to Bing, Yahoo or Google Custom Search engine that shows the search results for your query. The devs behind this hijacker are using legitimate search engine as they may make profit from the ads which are opened in the search results.
And finally, the Search.searchgdd2.com hijacker has the ability to collect lots of privacy data about you like what webpages you’re opening, what you’re looking for the Internet and so on. This information, in the future, can be transferred third party companies.
In order to get rid of browser hijacker responsible for redirects to Search.searchgdd2.com from your computer, clean the infected internet browsers and restore the Microsoft Internet Explorer, Edge, Google Chrome and Firefox settings to its default state, please use the Search.searchgdd2.com removal tutorial below.
How to remove Search.searchgdd2.com from personal computer
In order to remove Search.searchgdd2.com from the Microsoft Edge, Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Firefox and set your favorite home page and search engine, you need to reset the browser settings. Additionally, you should look up for other suspicious entries, such as files, programs, web browser add-ons and shortcuts. However, if you want to delete Search.searchgdd2.com easily, you should use reputable anti malware tool and let it do the job for you.
To remove Search.searchgdd2.com, complete the following steps:
- Manual Search.searchgdd2.com removal
- How to remove Search.searchgdd2.com search with free software
- Use AdBlocker to block Search.searchgdd2.com and stay safe online
- Where the Search.searchgdd2.com browser hijacker comes from
- To sum up
Manual Search.searchgdd2.com removal
The useful removal instructions for the Search.searchgdd2.com start page. The detailed procedure can be followed by anyone as it really does take you step-by-step. If you follow this process to get rid of Search.searchgdd2.com homepage let us know how you managed by sending us your comments please.
Removing the Search.searchgdd2.com, check the list of installed apps first
First, you should try to identify and uninstall the program that causes the appearance of annoying ads or browser redirect, using the ‘Uninstall a program’ which is located in the ‘Control panel’.
Make sure you have closed all web browsers and other software. Next, delete any undesired and suspicious apps from your Control panel.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Now, click the Windows button, type “Control panel” in search and press Enter. Choose “Programs and Features”, then “Uninstall a program”.
Look around the entire list of applications installed on your computer. Most likely, one of them is the hijacker responsible for Search.searchgdd2.com . Choose the suspicious program or the program that name is not familiar to you and delete it.
Windows Vista, 7
From the “Start” menu in Microsoft Windows, select “Control Panel”. Under the “Programs” icon, choose “Uninstall a program”.
Choose the suspicious or any unknown software, then click “Uninstall/Change” button to remove this undesired program from your computer.
Click the “Start” button, select “Control Panel” option. Click on “Add/Remove Programs”.
Select an unwanted program, then press “Change/Remove” button. Follow the prompts.
Remove Search.searchgdd2.com from IE
In order to restore all web-browser new tab page, search provider by default and start page you need to reset the IE to the state, which was when the MS Windows was installed on your system.
First, start the Internet Explorer. Next, click the button in the form of gear (). It will display the Tools drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options” like below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as on the image below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click “Reset” button.
You will now need to reboot your PC system for the changes to take effect.
Delete Search.searchgdd2.com from Mozilla Firefox
If the Mozilla Firefox settings like home page, newtab and default search engine have been modified by the hijacker, then resetting it to the default state can help. When using the reset feature, your personal information like passwords, bookmarks, browsing history and web form auto-fill data will be saved.
First, launch the Mozilla Firefox. Next, press the button in the form of three horizontal stripes (). It will show the drop-down menu. Next, click the Help button ().
In the Help menu press the “Troubleshooting Information”. In the upper-right corner of the “Troubleshooting Information” page click on “Refresh Firefox” button as shown in the figure below.
Confirm your action, click the “Refresh Firefox”.
Remove Search.searchgdd2.com from Google Chrome
In order to be sure that there is nothing left behind, we recommend you to reset Google Chrome web-browser. It’ll restore Chrome settings including homepage, search engine by default and newtab to defaults.
- First start the Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will show the Google Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You’ll see the list of installed plugins. If the list has the addon labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following tutorial: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and click “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset” button.
- The Chrome will display the reset profile settings page as on the image above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this process is done, your web-browser’s start page, search engine and new tab will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
How to remove Search.searchgdd2.com search with free software
Use malware removal tools to remove Search.searchgdd2.com automatically. The freeware tools specially designed for hijacker, ad-supported software and other potentially unwanted programs removal. These tools can remove most of browser hijacker from Mozilla Firefox, MS Edge, Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Moreover, it may remove all components of Search.searchgdd2.com from Windows registry and system drives.
Scan and free your system of Search.searchgdd2.com with Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM)
Zemana Free is a free program for Microsoft Windows OS to search for and delete PUPs, ad-supported software, harmful internet browser add-ons, browser toolbars, and other unwanted programs like browser hijacker which redirects your web-browser to undesired Search.searchgdd2.com web-page, installed on your personal computer.
Zemana AntiMalware can be downloaded from the following link. Save it on your Windows desktop or in any other place.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: March 3, 2018
After downloading is complete, close all apps and windows on your system. Open a directory in which you saved it. Double-click on the icon that’s called Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup as shown below.
When the installation begins, you will see the “Setup wizard” that will help you set up Zemana on your machine.
Once installation is complete, you will see window as shown on the screen below.
Now click the “Scan” button for checking your PC for the browser hijacker which reroutes your web browser to undesired Search.searchgdd2.com web page. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the count of files on your machine and the speed of your machine. While the Zemana Free utility is scanning, you may see how many objects it has identified as being affected by malware.
When finished, the results are displayed in the scan report. All found threats will be marked. You can remove them all by simply press “Next” button.
The Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) will begin to remove browser hijacker that causes internet browsers to show intrusive Search.searchgdd2.com web site.
Run Hitman Pro to get rid of Search.searchgdd2.com
All-in-all, HitmanPro is a fantastic tool to free your system from any undesired programs like hijacker infection which cause a reroute to Search.searchgdd2.com web-site. The HitmanPro is portable application that meaning, you do not need to install it to use it. Hitman Pro is compatible with all versions of Microsoft Windows operating system from Microsoft Windows XP to Windows 10. Both 64-bit and 32-bit systems are supported.
- Download Hitman Pro on your Microsoft Windows Desktop from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- When downloading is finished, start the HitmanPro, double-click the HitmanPro.exe file.
- If the “User Account Control” prompts, press Yes to continue.
- In the Hitman Pro window, click the “Next” to start checking your PC for the browser hijacker that responsible for web browser reroute to the intrusive Search.searchgdd2.com website. During the scan Hitman Pro will find threats present on your computer.
- Once the scan get finished, HitmanPro will open a list of all threats found by the scan. Once you have selected what you wish to remove from your system click “Next”. Now, click the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to remove all malware found.
Run Malwarebytes to remove hijacker
Manual Search.searchgdd2.com startpage removal requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the hijacker can be not completely removed. We suggest that use the Malwarebytes Free that are completely clean your computer of hijacker infection. Moreover, the free application will help you to remove malicious software, potentially unwanted programs, adware and toolbars that your PC can be infected too.
- Click the following link to download the latest version of MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) for MS Windows. Save it on your MS Windows desktop or in any other place.
Category: Security tools
Update: February 5, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web browser will show the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- Once the download is complete, please close all applications and open windows on your machine. Double-click on the icon that’s named mb3-setup.
- This will run the “Setup wizard” of MalwareBytes onto your personal computer. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes Anti Malware will open and open the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button to begin scanning your personal computer for the browser hijacker that alters internet browser settings to replace your start page, newtab and default search engine with Search.searchgdd2.com page. When a malware, ‘ad supported’ software or PUPs are found, the count of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the checking is finished.
- When MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) has finished scanning your personal computer, MalwareBytes Anti Malware will open a list of all threats detected by the scan.
- Review the scan results and then press the “Quarantine Selected” button. When disinfection is finished, you may be prompted to reboot the computer.
- Close the Anti-Malware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
Use AdBlocker to block Search.searchgdd2.com and stay safe online
The AdGuard is a very good ad blocking program for the Chrome, Edge, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Firefox, with active user support. It does a great job by removing certain types of intrusive ads, popunders, pop ups, intrusive new tabs, and even full page advertisements and web site overlay layers. Of course, the AdGuard can stop the Search.searchgdd2.com redirect automatically or by using a custom filter rule.
- Download AdGuard on your Windows Desktop from the link below.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- Once downloading is done, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the setup is done, click “Skip” to close the installation program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your personal computer, AdGuard will launch automatically and block advertisements, Search.searchgdd2.com redirect, as well as other harmful or misleading web-pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, that is located on your desktop.
Where the Search.searchgdd2.com browser hijacker comes from
To sum up
Now your machine should be free of the hijacker that responsible for internet browser reroute to the intrusive Search.searchgdd2.com web-site. We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted pop ups and intrusive malicious webpages) and Zemana Free (to periodically scan your machine for new malicious software, hijackers and ad supported software). Make sure that you have all the Critical Updates recommended for Microsoft Windows OS. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new browser hijackers, harmful apps and adware are released.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove Search.searchgdd2.com from your internet browser, then ask for help here.