If your home page, search engine and new tab page has been replaced to My Online Calendar or you get a large number of advertisements popping up on your machine then that’s a clear sign that your PC system has become a victim of the undesired software from the browser hijacker category. Browser hijacking is a form of undesired software which alters settings of installed web-browsers without a user permission, to redirect on harmful, undesired and misleading web sites. So, if you are seeing that the existing start page, error page, or search page has been changed to My Online Calendar, then you don’t need to wait , you need to follow the steps below and remove My Online Calendar as soon as possible.
When your personal computer is infected with My Online Calendar browser hijacker infection, every time you launch your web-browser you’ll see this webpage. Of course you can setup your homepage again, but next time you launch a web-browser you’ll see that My Online Calendar return. As mentioned above, the browser hijacker infection can change the default search provider on this annoying web page too, so all your search queries will be re-directed to My Online Calendar. Thus the authors of the hijacker may gather the search terms of your queries, and reroute you to undesired sites.
While the My Online Calendar hijacker is active, you won’t be able to restore the Mozilla Firefox, MS Edge, Internet Explorer and Google Chrome’ settings such as new tab page, search provider by default and start page. If you try to set your homepage to be Google, Bing or Yahoo, those settings will be automatically altered to My Online Calendar with the next computer reboot. But this does not mean that you should just ignore it or get along with this fact. Because this is not the best option, due to the My Online Calendar search you can have problems with the Chrome, IE, MS Edge and Mozilla Firefox, unwanted ads and even user info theft.
To find out how to delete My Online Calendar , we recommend to read the steps added to this blog post below. The instructions was prepared by IT security experts who discovered a method to delete the annoying My Online Calendar browser hijacker out of the system.
Remove My Online Calendar from Windows 10 (8, 7, XP)
As with removing adware, malware or PUPs, there are few steps you can do. We recommend trying them all. If you do only one part of the instructions, then it should be run malicious software removal utility, because it should remove hijacker and stop any further infection. But to completely get rid of the My Online Calendar you will have to at least reset your internet browser settings like default search provider, start page and new tab to default state, disinfect web-browsers shortcuts, delete all unwanted and suspicious apps, and remove browser hijacker with malicious software removal tools. Certain of the steps below will require you to exit this web page. So, please read the instructions carefully, after that bookmark or print it for later reference.
To remove My Online Calendar, complete the following steps:
- Manual My Online Calendar removal
- My Online Calendar startpage automatic removal
- How to stop My Online Calendar redirect
- How can you prevent the My Online Calendar browser hijacker
- To sum up
Manual My Online Calendar removal
Most common browser hijackers may be removed without any antivirus software. The manual browser hijacker removal is step by step tutorial that will teach you how to remove the My Online Calendar startpage.
Remove My Online Calendar associated software by using MS Windows Control Panel
Some of potentially unwanted software, adware and hijacker infection can be removed using the Add/Remove programs tool that is located in the Microsoft Windows Control Panel. So, if you’re using any version of Windows and you have noticed an unwanted application, then first try to get rid of it through Add/Remove programs.
Press Windows button , then click Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then click “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will show the Windows Control Panel as on the image below.
Further, click “Uninstall a program”
It will display a list of all apps installed on your system. Scroll through the all list, and uninstall any dubious and unknown programs.
Delete My Online Calendar from Chrome
In order to be sure that there is nothing left behind, we recommend you to reset Chrome web-browser. It will return Chrome settings including search provider by default, new tab page and startpage to defaults.
- First start the Google Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will display the Google Chrome main menu. Select More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed extensions. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following tutorial: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Chrome menu once again, click the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and press “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and press the “Reset” button.
- The Chrome will show the reset profile settings page as shown on the screen above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this process is done, your internet browser’s new tab page, homepage and default search provider will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Remove My Online Calendar home page from Internet Explorer
In order to restore all internet browser newtab, start page and default search provider you need to reset the Internet Explorer to the state, that was when the MS Windows was installed on your system.
First, start the Microsoft Internet Explorer, then click ‘gear’ icon . It will display the Tools drop-down menu on the right part of the web-browser, then press the “Internet Options” like below.
In the “Internet Options” screen, select the “Advanced” tab, then press the “Reset” button. The IE will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” dialog box. Further, press the “Delete personal settings” check box to select it. Next, click the “Reset” button as displayed on the screen below.
When the process is done, click “Close” button. Close the IE and restart your machine for the changes to take effect. This step will help you to restore your internet browser’s new tab page, search engine and startpage to default state.
Remove My Online Calendar from Mozilla Firefox by resetting web-browser settings
If the FF settings such as search engine by default, newtab and start page have been replaced by the hijacker, then resetting it to the default state can help.
First, open the FF and press button. It will display the drop-down menu on the right-part of the browser. Further, click the Help button () as displayed on the screen below.
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the web-browser adress bar and press Enter. It will display the “Troubleshooting Information” page as displayed below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, click the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will open the confirmation dialog box. Further, press the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Firefox will begin a task to fix your problems that caused by the My Online Calendar hijacker and other web-browser’s harmful plugins. After, it is finished, click the “Finish” button.
My Online Calendar startpage automatic removal
The easiest method to get rid of My Online Calendar browser hijacker infection is to use an anti-malware application capable of detecting hijackers including My Online Calendar. We recommend try Zemana AntiMalware (ZAM) or another free malware remover which listed below. It has excellent detection rate when it comes to adware, hijackers and other potentially unwanted applications.
How to remove My Online Calendar with Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM)
Zemana Free highly recommended, because it can find out security threats such adware and browser hijacker infections which most ‘classic’ antivirus applications fail to pick up on. Moreover, if you have any My Online Calendar browser hijacker removal problems which cannot be fixed by this utility automatically, then Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) provides 24X7 online assistance from the highly experienced support staff.
- Visit the following page to download Zemana. Save it directly to your MS Windows Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: February 14, 2019
- When the download is finished, close all software and windows on your computer. Open a file location. Double-click on the icon that’s named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- Further, press Next button and follow the prompts.
- Once install is finished, press the “Scan” button to look for browser hijacker responsible for redirects to My Online Calendar. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your PC. During the scan Zemana Anti-Malware will search for threats exist on your computer.
- Once Zemana AntiMalware has completed scanning, Zemana Anti Malware (ZAM) will show you the results. All detected items will be marked. You can remove them all by simply click “Next”. Once the cleaning process is finished, you may be prompted to reboot your PC system.
Get rid of My Online Calendar browser hijacker infection and malicious extensions with HitmanPro
Hitman Pro is a free utility that can identify hijacker infection responsible for redirects to My Online Calendar. It is not always easy to locate all the undesired programs that your PC system might have picked up on the Net. HitmanPro will find out the ad supported software, browser hijacker infections and other malicious software you need to remove.
HitmanPro can be downloaded from the following link. Save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
Download and use HitmanPro on your personal computer. Once started, press “Next” button to perform a system scan with this tool for the browser hijacker infection responsible for My Online Calendar search. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient. While the Hitman Pro application is scanning, you can see how many objects it has identified as threat..
Once the system scan is finished, HitmanPro will open a screen which contains a list of malware that has been found.
Once you have selected what you want to delete from your computer click Next button.
It will open a prompt, click the “Activate free license” button to start the free 30 days trial to delete all malware found.
Scan and clean your personal computer of browser hijacker with Malwarebytes
We recommend using the Malwarebytes Free. You may download and install Malwarebytes to search for and remove My Online Calendar from your personal computer. When installed and updated, the free malicious software remover will automatically scan and detect all threats present on the system.
- MalwareBytes Anti Malware can be downloaded from the following link. Save it to your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: February 5, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web-browser will show the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- When the downloading process is finished, please close all programs and open windows on your computer. Double-click on the icon that’s called mb3-setup.
- This will open the “Setup wizard” of MalwareBytes onto your system. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes will launch and open the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan Now” button for checking your computer for the hijacker infection responsible for modifying your web browser settings to My Online Calendar. While the tool is checking, you may see count of objects and files has already scanned.
- Once the scan is finished, MalwareBytes will display a list of all threats detected by the scan.
- Once you have selected what you want to get rid of from your machine press the “Quarantine Selected” button. Once disinfection is done, you may be prompted to restart the PC.
- Close the AntiMalware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
How to stop My Online Calendar redirect
One of the worst things is the fact that you cannot block all those intrusive web pages like My Online Calendar using only built-in MS Windows capabilities. However, there is a application out that you can use to stop unwanted web browser redirections, ads and popups in any modern web browsers including Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Google Chrome. It is called Adguard and it works very well.
- Download AdGuard from the following link. Save it on your Windows desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After downloading it, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- After the installation is finished, click “Skip” to close the setup program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you start your system, AdGuard will start automatically and block pop-up advertisements, My Online Calendar redirect, as well as other harmful or misleading web pages. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon called AdGuard, that may be found on your desktop.
How can you prevent the My Online Calendar browser hijacker
To sum up
Now your computer should be free of the browser hijacker that causes web-browsers to open unwanted My Online Calendar website. We suggest that you keep Zemana Anti-Malware (to periodically scan your PC system for new hijacker infections and other malware) and AdGuard (to help you stop annoying ads and harmful web sites). Moreover, to prevent any hijacker infection, please stay clear of unknown and third party software, make sure that your antivirus application, turn on the option to search for potentially unwanted programs.
If you need more help with My Online Calendar related issues, go to our Spyware/Malware removal forum.