The Myallsearch.com is a browser hijacker. Once this unwanted software gets installed on your computer, it modifies the settings of all your typical internet browsers such as Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge. It will set Myallsearch.com as your startpage, new tab page and default search engine. Thus, if you launch any of the browsers, it will always be open this unwanted web-page. Moreover, when you create a new tab, the Chrome, Firefox, IE and MS Edge can be also rerouted to Myallsearch.com web-site.
The Myallsearch.com hijacker usually affects only the Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge. However, possible situations, when any other browsers will be affected too. The hijacker infection will perform a scan of the PC for browser shortcuts and modify them without your permission. When it infects the internet browser shortcuts, it will add the argument like ‘http://myallsearch.com/’ into Target property. So, each time you run the browser, you will see the Myallsearch.com unwanted page.
When your personal computer is infected, every time you run your internet browser you will see this site. Of course you can setup your home page again, but next time you launch a internet browser you will see that Myallsearch.com return. As mentioned above, the browser hijacker may change the default search engine on this unwanted web page too, so all your search queries will be rerouted to Myallsearch.com. Thus the authors of the hijacker may collect the search terms of your queries, and redirect you to malicious pages.
Often, the computer which has been infected with Myallsearch.com browser hijacker, will be also infected with adware (sometimes called ‘ad-supported’ software) which shows a ton of various ads. It may be pop-ups, text links in the web-sites, banners where they never had. What is more, the adware may replace the legitimate ads with malicious ads that will offer to download and install malware and unwanted software or visit the various dangerous and misleading web-pages.
How does your personal computer get infected with Myallsearch.com browser hijacker
Most often, the free applications installer includes the optional potentially unwanted programs such as this infection. So, be very careful when you agree to install anything. The best way – is to choose a Custom, Advanced or Manual installation mode. Here disable (uncheck) all optional programs in which you are unsure or that causes even a slightest suspicion. The main thing you should remember, you do not need to install the optional programs which you don’t trust! The only thing I want to add. Once the freeware is installed, if you uninstall this software, the startpage, new tab page and default search engine of your favorite internet browser will not be restored. This must be done by yourself. Just follow the instructions below.
How to manually remove Myallsearch.com
If you perform exactly the steps below you should be able to delete the Myallsearch.com . Read it once, after doing so, please print this page as you may need to close your browser or reboot your personal computer.
- Remove Myallsearch.com associated software by using Windows Control Panel
- Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove Myallsearch.com
- Delete Myallsearch.com startpage from Google Chrome
- Remove Myallsearch.com from Firefox
- Get rid of Myallsearch.com in Microsoft Internet Explorer
Remove Myallsearch.com associated software by using Windows Control Panel
Press Windows button , then press Search . Type “Control panel”and press Enter. If you using Windows XP or Windows 7, then press “Start” and select “Control Panel”. It will display the Windows Control Panel as shown below.
Further, press “Uninstall a program” It will show a list of all programs installed on your computer. Scroll through the all list, and uninstall any suspicious and unknown software.
Disinfect the browser’s shortcuts to remove Myallsearch.com
Now you need to clean up the internet browser shortcuts. Check that the shortcut referring to the right exe-file of the browser, and not on any unknown file. Right click to a desktop shortcut for your browser. Choose the “Properties” option.
It will open the Properties window. Select the “Shortcut” tab here, after that, look at the “Target” field. The infection can change it. If you are seeing something similar “…exe http://myallsearch.com/” then you need to remove “http…” and leave only, depending on the browser you are using:
- Google Chrome: chrome.exe
- Opera: opera.exe
- Firefox: firefox.exe
- Internet Explorer: iexplore.exe
Look at the example as on the image below.
Once is done, click the “OK” button to save the changes. Please repeat this step for internet browser shortcuts which redirects to an unwanted web sites. When you have completed, go to next step.
Delete Myallsearch.com startpage from Google Chrome
Reset Chrome settings is a simple way to delete the browser hijacker, malicious and ‘ad-supported’ extensions, as well as to restore the web-browser’s startpage, new tab page and default search engine that have been replaced by Myallsearch.com browser hijacker infection.
- First start the Chrome and click Menu button (small button in the form of three horizontal stripes).
- It will display the Google Chrome main menu. Select “Settings” option.
- You will see the Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and press “Show advanced settings” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset settings” button.
- The Chrome will display the reset profile settings page as shown on the screen above.
- Next press the “Reset” button.
- Once this task is finished, your web-browser’s start page and search provider by default will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the article How to reset Chrome settings to default.
Remove Myallsearch.com from Firefox
If the FF settings such as homepage and search engine by default have been modified by the browser hijacker infection, then resetting it to the default state can help.
First, launch the Firefox and press button. It will show the drop-down menu on the right-part of the web-browser. Further, press the Help button () as shown in the figure below
In the Help menu, select the “Troubleshooting Information” option. Another way to open the “Troubleshooting Information” screen – type “about:support” in the browser adress bar and press Enter. It will open the “Troubleshooting Information” page as shown on the screen below. In the upper-right corner of this screen, click the “Refresh Firefox” button.
It will open the confirmation prompt. Further, press the “Refresh Firefox” button. The Mozilla Firefox will begin a procedure to fix your problems that caused by the Myallsearch.com hijacker infection. Once, it is finished, click the “Finish” button.
Get rid of Myallsearch.com in Microsoft Internet Explorer
First, launch the Internet Explorer. Next, click the button in the form of gear (). It will open the Tools drop-down menu, click the “Internet Options” as shown below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will open the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as shown below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then press “Reset” button.
You will now need to reboot your PC system for the changes to take effect.
Get rid of myallsearch.com automatically
You can remove myallsearch.com startpage automatically with a help of Malwarebytes Free. We recommend this free malware removal tool because it can easily remove browser hijackers, adware (also known as ‘ad-supported’ software), potentially unwanted applications and toolbars with all their components such as files, folders and registry entries.
Download Malwarebytes Free on your personal computer from the link below. Save it on your desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: March 20, 2018
Once the downloading process is finished, close all windows on your system. Further, launch the file named mb3-setup. If the “User Account Control” prompt pops up as shown on the screen below, click the “Yes” button.
It will open the “Setup wizard” that will assist you install Malwarebytes on the PC system. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once installation is complete successfully, click Finish button. Then Malwarebytes will automatically start and you can see its main window as shown in the figure below.
Next, press the “Scan Now” button to begin checking your system for the infection which cause a redirect to myallsearch.com. When a threat is found, the number of the detected objects will change accordingly. Wait until the the checking is finished. Please be patient.
As the scanning ends, you can check all threats detected on your system. Make sure all entries have “checkmark” and click “Quarantine Selected” button.
The Malwarebytes will start removing myallsearch.com browser hijacker and other security threats. Once disinfection is done, you may be prompted to reboot your PC system. I recommend you look at the following video, which completely explains the procedure of using the Malwarebytes to uninstall browser hijacker, adware and other dangerous applications.
How to stop Myallsearch.com startpage
To increase your security and protect your PC against new unwanted ads and dangerous web-sites, you need to use application that blocks access to dangerous ads and sites. Moreover, the software can block the show of intrusive advertising, which also leads to faster loading of web sites and reduce the consumption of web traffic.
- Download AdGuard program from the following link.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: July 17, 2017
- When the download is finished, launch the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is done, click “Skip” to close the installation application and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will help you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you launch your computer, AdGuard will launch automatically and block pop-ups, sites such Myallsearch.com, as well as other harmful or misleading sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon named AdGuard, which is located on your desktop.
Scan your system and remove Myallsearch.com with AdwCleaner.
This removal program is free and easy to use. It can scan and uninstall browser hijacker like Myallsearch.com, malware and adware in Chrome, Firefox, IE and MS Edge web-browsers and thereby restore back their default settings (home page, newtab page and search provider by default). AdwCleaner is powerful enough to find and remove malicious registry entries and files that are hidden on the system.
Download AdwCleaner utility by clicking on the link below. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: Xplode, MalwareBytes
Category: Security tools
Update: July 4, 2018
Once the download is finished, open the directory in which you saved it and double-click the AdwCleaner icon. It will start the AdwCleaner tool and you will see a screen as shown below. If the User Account Control prompt will ask you want to open the program, press Yes button to continue.
Next, click “Scan” to perform a system scan for the Myallsearch.com hijacker and other malware and ad supported software.
Once the checking is finished is finished, it will open a list of all items detected by this tool as shown below.
You need to click “Clean” button. It will display a dialog box. Click “OK” to start the cleaning process. When the cleaning procedure is done, the AdwCleaner may ask you to reboot your PC. After reboot, the AdwCleaner will show the log file.
All the above steps are shown in detail in the following video instructions.
Once you have complete the few simple steps shown above, your computer should be clean from malware and browser hijackers. The Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge will no longer display Myallsearch.com unwanted home page on startup. Unfortunately, if the step-by-step guide does not help you, then you have caught a new browser hijacker, and then the best way – ask for help.
- Download HijackThis by clicking on the link below and save it to your Desktop. HijackThis download
Category: Security tools
Update: November 7, 2015
- Double-click on the HijackThis icon. Next press “Do a system scan only” button.
- Once the scan is finished, the scan button will read “Save log”, click it. Save this log to your desktop.
- Create a Myantispyware account here. Once you’ve registered, check your e-mail for a confirmation link, and confirm your account. After that, login.
- Copy and paste the contents of the HijackThis log into your post. If you are posting for the first time, please start a new thread by using the “New Topic” button in the Spyware Removal forum. When posting your HJT log, try to give us some details about your problems, so we can try to help you more accurately.
- Wait for one of our trained “Security Team” or Site Administrator to provide you with knowledgeable assistance tailored to your problem with the annoying Myallsearch.com .