How to remove XP Antispyware 2011 virus

XP Antispyware 2011 is a rogue antispyware program from the same family of malware as XP AntiSpyware 2010, XP AntiSpyware, etc. It reports false infections and shows fake security alerts in order to trick you into buying the software. The rogue is distributed through the use of trojans. When the trojan is started, it will install XP Antispyware 2011 onto your computer without your permission and knowledge.

During installation, XP Antispyware 2011 registers itself in the Windows registry to run automatically every time when you start an application (files with “exe” extension). The rogue also uses this method of running to block the ability to run any programs, including legitimate antivirus and antispyware tools.

Once running, XP Antispyware 2011 will begin to scan your computer and list a large amount of infections. It hopes that you will then purchase its full version. Important to know, all of these infections found are fake, so you can safely ignore them!

While the rogue is running, it will flood your computer with fake security alerts and notifications. Some of the alerts are:

Security breach!
Beware! Spyware infection was found. Your system security is
at risk. Private information may get stolen, and your PC
activity may get monitored. Click for an anti-spyware scan.

System danger!
Your system is in danger. Privacy threats detected.
Spyware, keyloggers or Trojans may be working in the
background right now. Perform an in-depth scan and removal
now, click here.

Last but not least, XP Antispyware 2011 will hijack Internet Explorer and Firefox and display fake warning when you opening a web site. The fake warning state:

XP Antispyware 2011 ALERT
Internet Explorer alert. Visiting this site may pose a security threat to your system

As you can see, XP Antispyware 2011 is designed with one purpose to scare you into thinking that your computer in danger as method to trick you into purchasing the full version of the program. If your computer is infected with this malware, then most importantly, do not purchase it! Uninstall the rogue from your PC as soon as possible. Use the removal guide below to remove XP Antispyware 2011 and any associated malware from your computer for free.

Use the following instructions to remove XP Antispyware 2011 (Uninstall instructions)

Step 1. Repair “running of .exe files”.

Method 1

Click Start, Run. Type command and press Enter. Type notepad and press Enter.
Notepad opens. Copy all the text below into Notepad.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\.exe]
[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\pezfile]
[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.exe\shell\open\command]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell\open\command]
@="\"%1\" %*"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.exe]
@="exefile"
"Content Type"="application/x-msdownload"

Save this as fix.reg to your Desktop (remember to select Save as file type: All files in Notepad.)
Double Click fix.reg and click YES for confirm.

Method 2

Click Start, Run. Type command and press Enter. Type notepad and press Enter.
Notepad opens. Copy all the text below into Notepad.

[Version]
Signature="$Chicago$"
Provider=www.myantispyware.com

[DefaultInstall]
DelReg=regsec
AddReg=regsec1

[regsec]
HKCU, Software\Classes\.exe
HKCU, Software\Classes\pezfile
HKCR, .exe\shell\open\command

[regsec1]
HKCR, exefile\shell\open\command,,,"""%1"" %*"
HKCR, .exe,,,"exefile"
HKCR, .exe,"Content Type",,"application/x-msdownload"

Save this as fix.inf to your Desktop (remember to select Save as file type: All files in Notepad.)
Right click to fix.inf and select Install. Reboot your computer.

Step 2. Remove XP Antispyware 2011 associated malware.

Download MalwareBytes Anti-malware (MBAM). Once downloaded, close all programs and windows on your computer.

Double-click on the icon on your desktop named mbam-setup.exe. This will start the installation of MalwareBytes Anti-malware onto your computer. When the installation begins, keep following the prompts in order to continue with the installation process. Do not make any changes to default settings and when the program has finished installing, make sure a checkmark is placed next to “Update Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware” and Launch “Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware”. Then click Finish.

MalwareBytes Anti-malware will now automatically start and you will see a message stating that you should update the program before performing a scan. If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.

As MalwareBytes Anti-malware will automatically update itself after the install, you can press the OK button to close that box and you will now be at the main menu. You will see window similar to the one below.

Make sure the “Perform quick scan” option is selected and then click on the Scan button to start scanning your computer for XP Antispyware 2011 infection. This procedure can take some time, so please be patient.

When the scan is finished a message box will appear that it has completed scanning successfully. Click OK. Now click “Show Results”. You will see a list of infected items similar as shown below.
Note: list of infected items may be different than what is shown in the image below.

XP Antispyware 2011 remover

Make sure all entries have a checkmark at their far left and click “Remove Selected” button to remove XP Antispyware 2011. MalwareBytes Anti-malware will now remove all of associated XP Antispyware 2011 files and registry keys and add them to the programs’ quarantine. When MalwareBytes Anti-malware has finished removing the infection, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.

Note: if you need help with the instructions, then post your questions in our Spyware Removal forum.

XP Antispyware 2011 creates the following files and folders

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\pezfile\shell\open
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\pezfile\shell\open\command
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\pezfile\shell\runas
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\pezfile\shell\runas\command
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\pezfile\shell\start
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\pezfile\shell\start\command
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\.exe\shell\open\command | @ = “”%AppData%\pw.exe” /START “%1″ %*”
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\.exe\shell\open\command | IsolatedCommand = “”%1″ %*”
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\.exe | @ = “pezfile”
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\.exe | Content Type = “application/x-msdownload”
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\pezfile\shell\open\command | @ = “”%AppData%\pw.exe” /START “%1″ %*”
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\pezfile\shell\open\command | IsolatedCommand = “”%1″ %*”

XP Antispyware 2011 removal – Video guide

November 11, 2010 on 3:01 am | In Malware removal, Rogue Anti Spyware | 98 Comments |

1. Major league props on the fix! I got a virus similar to this one before and had to blow out my hard drive and spend hours reloading. This definitely worked.

Comment by J.C. — November 17, 2010 #

2. Thanks guys. That Trojan was making me crazy.

Comment by Aswin. — November 17, 2010 #

3. My computer is so infected by aforementioned virus that it never shows start icon/ bottom toolbar.

Comment by M .Y.Khattak — November 18, 2010 #

4. Thank you very much, the first one works:D

Comment by Alwin — November 20, 2010 #

5. Method 1 worked fabulously for me in getting my .exe files to run again. I had the XP Antispyware 2009 and 2011 malware programs fwiw. Back in business!! Thx a bunch

Comment by Joey — November 22, 2010 #

6. You are brilliant. Method 1 worked. What a relief. Thank you.

Comment by Mel M — November 22, 2010 #

7. Seems to be a new version around – it runs as qmg.exe instead of pw.exe – I think I got rid of it by palying with registry settings before I found this site

Comment by Mike — February 19, 2011 #

8. When I download the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Software, it names itself mbam-setup-1.50.1.1100 and not mbam-setup.exe. I tried running it regardless (after looking at their website) but it won’t even run the set-up. What do I do?

Comment by Brad — February 27, 2011 #

9. cheers mate, that’s amazing.

New Zealand loves you buddy :)

Comment by Shane — March 2, 2011 #

10. Brad, probably your PC is infected with a malware that blocks Malwarebytes from running. Ask for help in our Spyware removal forum.

Comment by Patrik (Myantispyware admin) — March 4, 2011 #

11. When I double clicked “fix.reg” I got the message: “Cannot import C:\kim\Desktop\FixReg.reg: The specified file is not a registry script. You can only import binary registry files from within the registry editor.”
    How do I fix this?
    Thank you for your help, we all appreciate it :)

Comment by Kim — March 8, 2011 #

12. oh nevermind I found out you had to type “REGEDIT4″ as the first line. So it would be:

REGEDIT4

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\.exe]
    [-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\pezfile]
    [-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.exe\shell\open\command]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell\open\command]
    @=”\”%1\” %*”

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.exe]
    @=”exefile”
    “Content Type”=”application/x-msdownload”

I’m just gonna post it here in case anyone else has this problem. :D

Comment by Kim — March 8, 2011 #

13. when i double click on the fix.reg it just opens up in notetab it does not ask me YES to confirm
    i copied and pasted the text you posted and did a file save all- help

Comment by renee — March 10, 2011 #

14. Have used Malwarebytes to remove malware in the past, but this time tried to run malware bytes in safe mode, and it wouldn’t run. Found somewhere on your site that showed me how to fix that problem, renamed the mbam.exe to .bat and it ran fine. Fixed.
    Thanks a million!

Comment by Jason — March 11, 2011 #

15. renee, try method 2.

Comment by Patrik (Myantispyware admin) — March 12, 2011 #

16. method 1 works thanks

Comment by lam — March 18, 2011 #

17. method worked for me too. awesome. thanks. this was a tough one. when you do a “save as” you have to change the “save as type” from “txt” to “all files”.

Comment by mike — March 19, 2011 #

18. I did combofix, which can be found at bleepingcomputer.com I downloaded it under security mode with networking. This combofix did an awesome job. Then Malwarebytes’ and making sure to turn a firewall back on the desktop which had the infection. NASTY VIRUS!!

Comment by Daisy — March 19, 2011 #

19. Thanks sooooooo much….. it’s working

Comment by john — March 20, 2011 #

20. thank you – this has been a nightmare! Method 2 worked great for me!

Comment by Wendy — March 22, 2011 #

21. Thank you soooo much!

Comment by Goldy2010 — March 24, 2011 #

22. When I double click on the icon on desk top, it show “registry editing has been disabled by your administrator” now what should I do? (method 1)

Comment by Ken — March 27, 2011 #

23. hey man thank you soo much for this amazing script, the first one worked like a charm for me.. Thank you soo much cuz this trojan was making me crazy! Thank You again :D

Comment by cooldude — March 27, 2011 #

24. I could not copy and paste the info in method 2 because the virus wouldn’t let me access the internet even in safe mode. So getting on the internet on my desktop I typed it in the run/notebook program carefully,and I think it has cleared the virus. Thanks!

Comment by rodeha1 — March 27, 2011 #

25. Ken, use method 2.

Comment by Patrik (Myantispyware admin) — March 28, 2011 #

26. I try method 2 and it works. thanks a million!

Comment by Ken — March 28, 2011 #

27. Hi, I just used method 1 today and finished with malwarebytes and it works! I do have a question though.

I was only able to find the three disabled security registries with malwarebytes (fully updated). I used Dr.web prior to malwarebytes though I did not find ‘Trojan.fakealert’. I’m not sure if that Trojan has to be present for the me to experience these problems caused by the ‘xp anti-spyware 2011′ to take effect. I saw on your site as well as bleepingcomputer.com discovering the same Trojan. Leaves me a little concerned…

Reply soon, thanks

Comment by Phil — March 28, 2011 #

28. Phil, try also scan your computer with Kaspersky virus removal tool.

Comment by Patrik (Myantispyware admin) — March 28, 2011 #

29. So easy and helpful!! Thank you sooooo much.

Comment by christina — March 31, 2011 #

30. You are a champ Myantispyware admin!! Thank you sooo much! I am in the midst of graduating with my B.Sc and have term papers and reports coming out of my ass. This virus would have set me back significantly!! Once again, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Mike Rusak — March 31, 2011 #

31. Tried method 1 and 2 then running malwarebytes. Still cannot open firefox. All popups have stopped however.

Comment by Jay — March 31, 2011 #

32. thanks guys! method 1 worked for me. you guys rule :)

Comment by ahmad — March 31, 2011 #

33. Thanks a lot for your help mate, I’m lucky I found this website.

Comment by Freddie — March 31, 2011 #

34. Thanks a lot !!! I spent hours looking for a way to remove the annoying virus. Cheers from Canada :D

Comment by Kevin — March 31, 2011 #

35. Thank you so much! Method 1 worked perfectly.

Comment by Mark — April 1, 2011 #

36. so i did the method, am in the midst of running malwarebytes, but now i have the issue of everytime i run a program it says”this file does not have a program assosciated with it…fix?

Comment by Josh — April 2, 2011 #

37. Hola… muchas gracias, logramos reparar nuestro computador, EXCELENTE. Nos funciono con el metodo II; solo ustedes nos brindaron la segunda opcion. Nuevamente gracias!! … Merci beaucoup..!!

Comment by LuzH — April 2, 2011 #

38. I need help. I did excatly as method one said and it all seemed to work, but when I logged back on and went onto my user it seemed to still be there, however on other users it isn’t.

What should I do, if there is anything I can do?

Comment by Alastair — April 3, 2011 #

39. Method 1 worked. Phew ! thanks.

Comment by Priya Shiri — April 3, 2011 #

40. Thank you so much!!!!

Comment by Tony — April 4, 2011 #

41. Alastair, ask for help in our Spyware removal forum.

Comment by Patrik (Myantispyware admin) — April 4, 2011 #

42. Having been hit by this rogue programme myself, I was amazed by the number of possible solutions I found on the internet, none of which seemed to be working well unless one bought Malwarebytes or similar anti-spyware product. Made me wonder who put XP Anti-spyware 2009-2010-2011 on the net.

Anyway, and please believe me this is TRUE, I finally found the right solution. It worked. It did not require a lot of manual fizzling with registry keys. It didn’t require the use of 2 or 3 seperate programmes. It’s FREE. And best of all: it’s made by Microsoft which makes it, in my opinion, a lot more trustworthy than any other source of remedies.

Now, you may dislike Microsoft for whatever reason, but, if you want to get rid of this bugger, use Windows Life OneCare.

In order to open a browser window in spite of XP Anti-spywarre’s highjacking attempts of all executables, open any local program which has an online Help menu item (I used Microsoft Excel). Internet excplorer will open without being highjacked and you can enter (copy-paste) the following URL in order to get to the PC safety Scan page: onecare.live.com/site/en-us/default.htm

Just press the “Full Service Scan” button, allow the ActiveX components to be loaded and be very patient: the process takes several hours. But I assure you all: it works and I never saw XP Anti-piracy 2011 again.

I hope people will stop now to give all sorts of wrong or costly advises to the unfortunates who got infected. Just say thanks to Microsoft for their free OneCare safety scan.

Comment by Vladimir Harconnen — April 4, 2011 #

43. WOW!!!! AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!
    Really cannot thank enough for this help and advice, after 3 days solid of trying to gte rid of this bastard of a virus, done in 20 mins!! Thank you so much : )

Comment by Ash — April 4, 2011 #

44. I used method 1 and it worked fine. Only problem now is that I can’t open any .exe program as it says windows needs to know what program created it. I need to put the registry back.

Help please!!

Comment by Matt — April 5, 2011 #

45. Tried method 1 but now everytime I try and access a .exe file or say control pannel I get an error message saying.

“This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Folder Options control panel.”

So basically now I can’t run or access anthing.

Comment by Daniel Kirkwood — April 5, 2011 #

46. I think I solved it now. I went back and tried the second method after getting the error with the first and it is working. Thanks really appreciate the hard work.

Comment by Daniel Kirkwood — April 5, 2011 #

47. I’m wondering if someone can help please. I followed these instructions which worked thank you but now I can’t open any .exe files. Is there something I should be doing to return it to normal? Sorry if it’s a silly question!

Comment by Matt — April 5, 2011 #

48. hey guys — many thanks for the help — method 1 worked right on, then was lucky to have Malwarebytes already installed, so back on line, happy as a bird -all seems fine..except one detail. Can’t get the automatic updates installed, not even able to access the relevant microsoft page to do it manually — tried Mozilla (after seeing another fella’s comment) – nope, still no updates. Any help/suggestion — before I have to reinstall everything (yikes!!)– thanks Jenny

Comment by jenny — April 5, 2011 #

49. THANK YOU for the only fix that actually worked for me! I wish I had found this before I spent hours and hours trying everything that DIDN’T work! I tried so many other Malware detection tools and none of them found the infection, but Malwarebytes’ did!

Awesome software. Great fix. Thank you!

Comment by Kat — April 6, 2011 #

50. Hi Guys,

Option 1 is working best with me. I have a question. How do I know that the XP Anti-Spyware is not on my system?

Thanks a lot.

Comment by Niraj — April 6, 2011 #

51. Thank you! Only by fluke was I even able to get on the net to find this. I launched an bookmark.html file by accident and it opened my browser when before nothing would launch. Anyhow Method One worked. Smooth stuff. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Comment by Boone — April 6, 2011 #

52. I had the same problem. I tried the 1st method and my laptop is recovered now.Thanks a lot for providing this!!!

Comment by Santhosh — April 7, 2011 #

53. Matt, try to repeat the step 1.

Comment by Patrik (Myantispyware admin) — April 7, 2011 #

54. jenny, try scan your PC with TDSSKiller.

Comment by Patrik (Myantispyware admin) — April 7, 2011 #

55. Anyone want to help me? I can’t open the command thing! it’s killing me!

Comment by sammii — April 7, 2011 #

56. Thanks a lot to Vladimir Harconnen. onecare.live.com worked for me…

Comment by Sai — April 8, 2011 #

57. Thank you so much!!!!!! I used method 1 and it works.

Comment by rahel — April 9, 2011 #

58. I tried everything and this is all that worked. I used method 1 at the top of the page, and then was able to use restore or something like that from the start menu where it restored the computer to the state from 5 days ago. Before I ran the script, I think I could basically do nothing. I may have had to right click and run the .reg file though, I can’t really remember. Vladmir was wrong in my case, I couldn’t even start Microsoft internet explorer and so couldn’t have run the microsoft programs online until I ran the script. I tried the microsoft program then, but it was taking too long and not finding any thing, and went and did system restore, which I realized I could do after reading somewhere else on the interent about something. I couldn’t get to the web on my down computer, though, so I had to download copy and paste the script on another computer, and put it to a cd to bring it over and run it on the computer that had the problem.

Comment by Lee — April 9, 2011 #

59. God Bless people like you! i was about to pay a lot of money to have my computer repair!!! not anymore thanks to you guys! i tried method one and totally worked!!! even when i aint know nothing about computers!

Comment by alejandro — April 9, 2011 #

60. thank you so much..
    i’ve already shared this entry in facebook.. =))

Comment by the victim — April 14, 2011 #

61. Alright, well since the weekend I’ve had this virus.
    I’ve used mbam, before reading this, and tried removing, it ‘removes’ the virus, but once I reboot computer its still there.

I’ve followed the guide to the last detail, done it 6 times now, still the virus is on my computer.

I’ve also tried several times with my System Restore turned off. Still, the virus continues to be present on my computer.

MBAM used to say 37 or some-odd infected files, now it only says 5, but I still have the virus on my computer and its driving me nuts.

Comment by Smilee — April 18, 2011 #

62. Well, just did another MBAM scan, its no longer at 5 infected files, but 34 infected files.

Comment by Smilee — April 18, 2011 #

63. ok so i followed step 1 all ok but i cannot open the Mbam-set file as it keeps asking which programme to open it with any helpwill be appreciated

Comment by wayne — April 19, 2011 #

64. I really need help, both the above links worked for me..but still I cant access internet inspite of restarting. ANy help would be appreciated.

Comment by rey — April 19, 2011 #

65. Thank you for having this. This is the 2nd time I’ve had to deal with this virus. Does anyone know how the virus gets into the computer? I visit the same sites (msn/google/etc) with no issues and then this morning.. wham. Is there more I can do on my end to prevent this from happening again?

Comment by Jordan — April 20, 2011 #

66. It worked. Thanks a bunch.

Comment by Victim — April 21, 2011 #

67. Thank u SOOoooOO much Worked 1st one …. may God bless u.. :)

Comment by Najo — April 22, 2011 #

68. Thanks a million.

Comment by Eric — April 22, 2011 #

69. Hey Patrick, I just did a scan with tdsskiller –but nothing was found — problem with updates not being downloaded either authomatically or manually persists to the point I’m going mental..do you think this is a registry problem ? what’s yr opinion abt reg.fix — would that help maybe ?? thanks again for all the help so far..jenny

Comment by jenny — April 23, 2011 #

70. I just used this on my computer after I stopped pulling my hair out. I tried both and the second one worked for me. I couldn’t get on the internet so I had to type it by hand from the internet on my laptop. What a life (and money) saver! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!

Comment by Cara — April 26, 2011 #

71. Thank you a lot! It worked for with method1 :D

Comment by Pedro — April 26, 2011 #

72. jenny, looks like your PC is still infected with a hidden trojan. Ask for help in our Spyware removal forum.

Comment by Patrik (Myantispyware admin) — April 27, 2011 #

73. patrik –I’m gonna go with yr suggestion asap – unless I break before and what the heck, start from the start (lol) — meantime, I just cant thank u enough for all the help/advice and the replies — i feel like I’ve already used too much space — more than anyone here — THANKS! – Cheers, Jenny

Comment by jenny — April 27, 2011 #

74. method 1 worked. thank you guys. how can I delete all the information about that malware? I mean the main folder, because I cant make it yet (Im using the ccleaner application, but it does not work). thanks again

Comment by ariel — April 28, 2011 #

75. Method 1 worked for me, along with Kim’s suggestion of using REGEDIT4 as the first line. Thank you so very much for your help. You have no idea how much you saved me tonight. I appreciate it more than words. God bless you

Comment by Danielle — May 2, 2011 #

76. THANK YOU!!! Fix #1 worked like a charm the first go. I would like to know if anyone knows who this is that put this on the net. There has GOT to be some legal course of action we all can take, a class action law suit of some kind. This caused me to lose an entire day from work.

Comment by Leah Abbott — May 5, 2011 #

77. It is not going away i have done everything to the T any sugestions as to what else can be done other than what is listed

Comment by Jessica — May 8, 2011 #

78. Method 1 worked and within 20 minutes, the Virus was gone! Thank you for making this so easy to understand for us “non-techy” people! Thank you Thank you Thank you!!

Comment by Tracy Williams — May 9, 2011 #

79. Thanks for the fix guys!

If your exe files don’t work after running method 1, go to this link, which explains how to reset your exe file associations. Sorted me out anyway…

forum.thewindowsclub.com/windows-7-management-support/30984-how-can-i-restore-exe-file-association-after-i-changed.html

Comment by Jammin — May 9, 2011 #

80. I used Method 1 and it removed the virus but now I can’t open programs unless I manually search for them. All of the files I have to search for are .exe. This problem has been driving me crazy for over a week now. Thanks for the help with reomoving the virus. Do you have any idea what I can do to get my programs to open?

Comment by jason — May 9, 2011 #

81. Many many thanks I used method 2 and it worked a treat
    AVG then auto started and found numerous other files which were quarrantined and now my PC is back working and seems even faster than before

Comment by Richard — May 12, 2011 #

82. You just saved me hours and hours – thanks a lot!!

Comment by Ed G — May 14, 2011 #

83. Awesome fix. Saved my bacon AND my blood pressure. Your fix was so appreciated and smooth. Fantastic.

Comment by Robert — May 15, 2011 #

84. Thanks so much man. It worked so well. God bless you.

Comment by rutvij — May 16, 2011 #

85. Method 1 worked perfectly. Thank you so much for posting this. I’m not going to say it’s sorted my boyfriend’s father’s machine but it has allowed me to install Malwarebytes and it’s updated and running a scan . . .

I did try to get him to install Malwarebytes a while back but he didn’t. Anyway, thanks to this site things are looking much brighter. Thank you!

Comment by Stormclouds — May 22, 2011 #

86. YOU CAN RELAX INFECTEE, This works!! I got infected by win7 2011 last night and was in quite a panic. It came from a completely innocuous web site. I was reading some of the comments posted on this and other web sites and getting increasingly disheartened. I used option 1 and it worked first time off. Very easy.

Comment by edgar — May 24, 2011 #

87. I used method 2 and it worked! Thanks a lot. I was planning to take my computer to my computer store technician tomorrow.

Comment by JC — May 30, 2011 #

88. Method 2 worked for me. Thanks so much for providing this info. I wasted 3 hours trying whatever I could think of and searching the web. I’m glad I ran across your website.

Comment by greycat — June 4, 2011 #

89. I’m a computer freak, so I try to fix my friend’s laptop that infected by WIN7 ANTIVIRUS 2011, I try to locate the virus and I couldn’t find it. my last resort was to install a new OS to delete everything, but it’s kinda waste of time to install all the application that my friend had… So I watched youtube how to delete the WIN7 ANTIVIRUS 2011, and thank god it work in 0ne try. Thank you s0 much >–>My Anti Spyware and Keep it UP.

Comment by Aldrin — June 14, 2011 #

90. thanks for the help!

Comment by gb — June 15, 2011 #

91. Thank you a lot!!!!!!!!!!! it worked brilliantly!

Comment by Kc — June 18, 2011 #

92. Thank u so much!!! Happy now :)

Comment by Madi — June 20, 2011 #

93. cleared virus thanks to your instructions but now can’t get windows updates. Can’t manually turn them on either. Any suggestions?

Comment by nikki whitfield — July 13, 2011 #

94. I did the first step, but couldn’t access the internet to download mbam. I put it on a flash drive and then onto the desktop of the infected computer, but it won’t open. any suggestions?

Comment by Nick — July 29, 2011 #

95. I tried both method 1 and 2, I was stiLl unable to follow to step 2. Now it seems I might have made it worse. After rebooting I was unable to open any program. I was met with a notice saying the file has been either moved or deleted, and to make changes through the default control panel. I have no idea what its talking about. Please help, I want to at least be able to open my MS word again. I use this computer for school. Any HELP would be great!!!!

Comment by Liz — July 29, 2011 #

96. My computer infected with Win 7 security 2012. Method 1 ROCKS!

Thanks much!

Comment by MinG — August 5, 2011 #

97. Hi, I am no longer able to access programs through my shortcuts after finishing the process. Is there a way to fix this problem?

Comment by CatL — November 27, 2011 #

98. It’s OK. I saw Jammin’s comment. VERY HELPFUL. thank you!!

Comment by CatL — November 27, 2011 #