What is Freesamplesprousa.com?
Freesamplesprousa.com pop-ups are a phishing SCAM that uses social engineering methods to trick unsuspecting victims into providing sensitive personal information. Scammers promise free samples or exclusive rewards, which requires filling out an online form or answering a few simple questions. This scam is used to steal valuable personal and financial information from users. Freesamplesprousa.com and similar sites should be ignored as their promises are fake.
Users can stumble onto Freesamplesprousa.com just by entering a misspelled web address. In addition, they can be redirected to this scam by malvertising (malicious advertisements), Adware and potentially unwanted programs (PUPs).
Freesamplesprousa.com shows a message that the visitor needs to provide and confirm their email in order to receive free brand samples. Perhaps the purpose of this scam is not only to collect visitor emails, but also to obtain other personal information and credit card details. This information can be used to make fraudulent purchases and unauthorized transfers, sold to criminals on the dark web, or other malicious purposes. Moreover, the criminals behind this scam can use stolen email addresses and phone numbers to send spam and malspam (spam emails containing malware or links to malware).
Freesamplesprousa.com displays a show notifications pop-up that attempts to get users to click the ‘Allow’ button to allow to its notifications. These notifications are advertisements displayed in the lower right corner of the screen urges users to play online games, visit dubious web pages, install internet browser extensions & so on.
To summarize, websites such as Freesamplesprousa.com cannot be trusted, they can lead to loss of data, financial losses, theft of personal information and other serious problems.
|Fake claims||Confirm your email address in order to receive free brand product samples|
|Removal||Freesamplesprousa.com removal guide|
There are many scam sites; Protectionsrequired.com, Betaengine.org, Displayforreviews.com are the last ones we reported on. The push notifications they show to users are dangerous as they promote scam pages and malware. In some cases, these notifications promote legitimate software such as McAfee, Norton, Avira antivirus products. Of course, the antivirus companies do not allow affiliates to promote their products using social engineering tricks, misleading methods, and deceptive advertising.
As mentioned above, Adware can redirect users to “Freesamplesprousa.com”. Adware is considered by many to be synonymous with ‘malware’. It is a type of harmful software which serves unwanted advertisements to computer users. Some examples include pop up advertisements, various offers and deals, fake alerts, push notifications or unclosable windows. Adware can be installed onto computers via infected web sites, when users open email attachments, anytime users download and install freeware.
Usually, adware gets into computers as part of a bundle with free programs, sharing files and other unsafe applications which users downloaded from the World Wide Web. The authors of adware pays software authors for distributing adware within their software. So, bundled applications is often included as part of the install package. In order to avoid the installation of any adware: select only Manual, Custom or Advanced installation mode and disable all optional applications in which you are unsure.
Remove Freesamplesprousa.com notifications from web-browsers
If you have allowed the Freesamplesprousa.com notifications by clicking the Allow button, then after a short time you will notice that these notifications are very intrusive. Here’s how to delete Freesamplesprousa.com push notifications from your internet browser.
- Just copy and paste the following text into the address bar of Chrome.
- Press Enter.
- Delete the Freesamplesprousa.com site and other rogue notifications by clicking three vertical dots button next to each and selecting ‘Remove’.
- Open Google Chrome.
- Tap on the Menu button (three dots) on the top right hand corner of the Chrome window.
- In the menu tap ‘Settings’, scroll down to ‘Advanced’.
- In the ‘Site Settings’, tap on ‘Notifications’, find the Freesamplesprousa.com site and tap on it.
- Tap the ‘Clean & Reset’ button and confirm.
- Click the Menu button (three bars) on the top right corner.
- Go to ‘Options’, and Select ‘Privacy & Security’ on the left side of the window.
- Scroll down to ‘Permissions’ section and click ‘Settings…’ button next to ‘Notifications’.
- Locate sites you down’t want to see notifications from (for example, Freesamplesprousa.com), click on drop-down menu next to each and select ‘Block’.
- Save changes.
- In the top-right corner, click the Edge menu button (it looks like three dots).
- Scroll down to ‘Settings’. In the menu on the left go to ‘Advanced’.
- In the ‘Website permissions’ section click ‘Manage permissions’.
- Right-click the Freesamplesprousa.com. Click ‘Delete’.
- Click ‘Tools’ button in the top right corner of the window.
- Select ‘Internet options’.
- Click on the ‘Privacy’ tab and select ‘Settings’ in the pop-up blockers section.
- Select the Freesamplesprousa.com and other questionable sites under and remove them one by one by clicking the ‘Remove’ button.
- Click ‘Safari’ button on the left-upper corner of the window and select ‘Preferences’.
- Open ‘Websites’ tab, then in the left menu click on ‘Notifications’.
- Check for Freesamplesprousa.com, other suspicious URLs and apply the ‘Deny’ option for each.
How to remove Freesamplesprousa.com pop-ups (Adware removal steps)
In order to remove Freesamplesprousa.com pop ups, start by closing any applications and popups that are open. If a popup won’t close, then close your internet browser (Firefox, Edge, Chrome and Internet Explorer). If a program won’t close then please restart your computer. Next, follow the steps below.
To remove Freesamplesprousa.com, use the steps below:
- Delete suspicious applications using MS Windows Control Panel
- Remove Freesamplesprousa.com pop up from Internet Explorer
- Remove Freesamplesprousa.com popup from Chrome
- Remove Freesamplesprousa.com from Firefox by resetting web-browser settings
- Automatic Removal of Freesamplesprousa.com pop-up scam
- Stop Freesamplesprousa.com pop-up scam
First of all, try to remove Freesamplesprousa.com pop-ups manually; to do this, follow the steps below. Of course, manual removal of adware software requires more time and may not be suitable for those who are poorly versed in system settings. In this case, we recommend that you scroll down to the section that describes how to get rid of Freesamplesprousa.com scam using free utilities.
Delete suspicious applications using MS Windows Control Panel
It is of primary importance to first identify and delete PUPs, adware applications and hijackers through ‘Add/Remove Programs’ (Windows XP) or ‘Uninstall a program’ (Windows 10, 8, 7) section of your Microsoft Windows Control Panel.
|Windows 7||Windows 8|
|Windows 10||Mac OS|
Remove Freesamplesprousa.com popups from Chrome
Unwanted pop-up ads or other symptom of having adware in your web browser is a good reason to reset Google Chrome. This is an easy method to restore the Google Chrome settings and not lose any important information.
- First launch the Google Chrome and press Menu button (small button in the form of three dots).
- It will display the Chrome main menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
- You will see the list of installed add-ons. If the list has the plugin labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following tutorial: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
- Now open the Google Chrome menu once again, press the “Settings” menu.
- You will see the Google Chrome’s settings page. Scroll down and press “Advanced” link.
- Scroll down again and click the “Reset” button.
- The Google Chrome will display the reset profile settings page as shown on the screen above.
- Next click the “Reset” button.
- Once this task is done, your web-browser’s newtab page, search provider and homepage will be restored to their original defaults.
- To learn more, read the blog post How to reset Google Chrome settings to default.
Remove Freesamplesprousa.com from Firefox by resetting web-browser settings
If your Firefox web-browser is re-directed to Freesamplesprousa.com, then it may be time to perform the browser reset. Your saved bookmarks, form auto-fill information and passwords won’t be cleared or changed.
Launch the Firefox and click the menu button (it looks like three stacked lines) at the top right of the internet browser screen. Next, click the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It will show the slide-out menu.
Select the “Troubleshooting information”. If you’re unable to access the Help menu, then type “about:support” in your address bar and press Enter. It bring up the “Troubleshooting Information” page like below.
Click the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the Troubleshooting Information page. Select “Refresh Firefox” in the confirmation prompt. The Firefox will begin a task to fix your problems that caused by the adware. Once, it is finished, press the “Finish” button.
Automatic Removal of Freesamplesprousa.com pop-up scam
We have compiled some of the best adware software removing utilities which can be used to detect and remove adware, malicious web-browser extensions and PUPs.
Remove Freesamplesprousa.com pop-ups with Zemana
Zemana Anti-Malware (ZAM) is an ultra light weight utility to remove malware and adware software from your PC. It improves your system’s performance by deleting potentially unwanted apps.
First, visit the page linked below, then click the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of Zemana Free.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
After the download is done, start it and follow the prompts. Once installed, the Zemana Anti-Malware will try to update itself and when this task is complete, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan for the adware software responsible for Freesamplesprousa.com popups.
A system scan may take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your device. While Zemana is scanning, you can see how many objects it has identified either as being malicious software. Review the report and then click “Next” button.
The Zemana Anti Malware will remove adware software and move the selected objects to the program’s quarantine.
Remove Freesamplesprousa.com scam from browsers with HitmanPro
HitmanPro is a free removal utility that may be downloaded and use to get rid of adware related to the Freesamplesprousa.com scam, browser hijackers, malware, PUPs, toolbars and other threats from your personal computer. You can use this utility to detect threats even if you have an antivirus or any other security program.
- Installing the Hitman Pro is simple. First you will need to download HitmanPro on your Windows Desktop from the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- Once the download is complete, double click the Hitman Pro icon. Once this tool is started, click “Next” button for scanning your computer for the adware that causes Freesamplesprousa.com popups in your browser. This procedure can take quite a while, so please be patient.
- Once finished, Hitman Pro will show a screen which contains a list of malware that has been detected. When you are ready, press “Next” button. Now press the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to remove all malware found.
How to get rid of Freesamplesprousa.com pop-ups with MalwareBytes
Manual Freesamplesprousa.com popups removal requires some computer skills. Some files and registry entries that created by the adware software may be not completely removed. We suggest that use the MalwareBytes Anti Malware that are completely clean your computer of adware. Moreover, this removal tool will allow you to get rid of PUPs, hijackers and toolbars that your PC may be infected too.
Installing MalwareBytes is simple. First you will need to download MalwareBytes Free on your computer from the following link.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
Once downloading is complete, run it and follow the prompts. Once installed, MalwareBytes will try to update itself and when this process is complete, press the “Scan” button for scanning your computer for the adware software responsible for Freesamplesprousa.com pop-ups. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the count of files on your PC and the speed of your computer. While the utility is checking, you can see how many objects and files has already scanned. Make sure to check mark the items which are unsafe and then press “Quarantine” button.
MalwareBytes is a free malware removal tool that you can use to remove all detected folders, files, services, registry entries and so on. To learn more about this malware removal utility, we recommend you to read and follow the tutorial or the video guide below.
Stop Freesamplesprousa.com pop-ups
If you want to get rid of unwanted advertisements, browser redirects and scam popups, then install an adblocker program such as AdGuard. It can block Freesamplesprousa.com, unwanted ads, pop-ups and stop web sites from tracking your online activities when using Edge, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Chrome. So, if you like browse the Internet, but you do not like intrusive advertisements and want to protect your PC from malicious web-pages, then AdGuard is your best choice.
Please go to the following link to download the latest version of AdGuard for MS Windows. Save it to your Desktop so that you can access the file easily.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
After downloading it, run the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” screen as on the image below.
Follow the prompts. After the installation is complete, you will see a window as shown in the following example.
You can click “Skip” to close the setup program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” button to see an quick tutorial that will allow you get to know AdGuard better.
In most cases, the default settings are enough and you don’t need to change anything. Each time, when you launch your PC, AdGuard will run automatically and stop unwanted advertisements, block Freesamplesprousa.com, as well as other harmful or misleading web-pages. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the AdGuard icon, which can be found on your desktop.
We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted popup advertisements and intrusive malicious web-pages) and Zemana AntiMalware (to periodically scan your computer for new adware software and other malicious software). Probably you are running an older version of Java or Adobe Flash Player. This can be a security risk, so download and install the latest version right now.
Unfortunately, if the guidance does not help you, then you have caught a new adware, and then the best way – ask for help here.