What is Video Ad Skipper
Video Ad Skipper is supposed to be a browser extension that will improve the browsing experience (stop unwanted ads), but according to security professionals, this extension acts as adware. Adware is form of malicious software designed to insert unwanted ads into your Internet surfing or even desktop experience. Adware software can change your homepage, search engine, search results, or even add toolbars to your browser. Video Ad Skipper run in the background when browse the Internet, and can slow down your PC and affect its performance.
The worst is, the Video Ad Skipper adware can gather privacy information, including:
- IP addresses;
- URLs visited;
- search queries/terms;
- clicks on links and ads;
- internet browser version information.
If you would like to remove Video Ad Skipper and get rid of unwanted advertisements and are unable to do so, you can follow the guidance below to search for and remove adware software and any other malware for free.
How does Video Ad Skipper get on your computer
|Name||Video Ad Skipper|
|Type||adware software, potentially unwanted application (PUA), pop up virus, pop-ups, pop up ads|
|Removal||Video Ad Skipper removal guide|
How to remove Video Ad Skipper from Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge
There are a simple manual steps below that will help you to uninstall Video Ad Skipper adware from your computer. The most effective solution to delete this adware is to complete the manual removal steps and then use Zemana, MalwareBytes Anti-Malware or HitmanPro (all are free). The manual steps will help to weaken this adware and these malicious software removal tools will completely remove Video Ad Skipper and return the Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Edge settings to default.
To remove Video Ad Skipper, perform the following steps:
- Manual Video Ad Skipper adware software removal
- Automatic Removal of Video Ad Skipper
- How to stay safe online
Manual Video Ad Skipper adware software removal
In this section of the post, we have posted the steps that will help to delete Video Ad Skipper adware manually. Although compared to removal tools, this solution loses in time, but you don’t need to download anything on the PC system. It will be enough for you to follow the detailed guidance with images. We tried to describe each step in detail, but if you realized that you might not be able to figure it out, or simply do not want to change the Microsoft Windows and browser settings, then it’s better for you to use tools from trusted developers, which are listed below.
Remove dubious applications using MS Windows Control Panel
In order to get rid of potentially unwanted applications such as this adware, open the MS Windows Control Panel and click on “Uninstall a program”. Check the list of installed programs. For the ones you do not know, run an Internet search to see if they are adware, hijacker or potentially unwanted programs. If yes, uninstall them off. Even if they are just a programs that you do not use, then deleting them off will increase your computer start up time and speed dramatically.
Windows 8, 8.1, 10
First, click Windows button , then click Search . Type ‘Control panel’and press Enter as on the image below.
Once the ‘Control Panel’ opens, click the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category like the one below.
You will see the ‘Uninstall a program’ panel as displayed on the image below.
Very carefully look around the entire list of applications installed on your computer. Most probably, one of them is the Video Ad Skipper adware. If you’ve many programs installed, you can help simplify the search of malicious apps by sort the list by date of installation. Once you’ve found a questionable, unwanted or unused program, right click to it, after that click ‘Uninstall’.
Windows XP, Vista, 7
First, click ‘Start’ button and select ‘Control Panel’ at right panel as displayed in the following example.
Once the Windows ‘Control Panel’ opens, you need to press ‘Uninstall a program’ under ‘Programs’ as on the image below.
You will see a list of applications installed on your PC. We recommend to sort the list by date of installation to quickly find the applications that were installed last. Most probably, it is the Video Ad Skipper adware software. If you are in doubt, you can always check the program by doing a search for her name in Google, Yahoo or Bing. After the program which you need to uninstall is found, simply click on its name, and then click ‘Uninstall’ as shown below.
Remove Video Ad Skipper from Mozilla Firefox
If Mozilla Firefox settings are hijacked by the adware software, your browser displays unwanted popup advertisements, then ‘Reset Firefox’ could solve these problems. However, your saved passwords and bookmarks will not be changed, deleted or cleared.
Start the Mozilla Firefox and click the menu button (it looks like three stacked lines) at the top right of the browser screen. Next, click the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It will display the slide-out menu.
Select the “Troubleshooting information”. If you’re unable to access the Help menu, then type “about:support” in your address bar and press Enter. It bring up the “Troubleshooting Information” page as on the image below.
Click the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the Troubleshooting Information page. Select “Refresh Firefox” in the confirmation dialog box. The Mozilla Firefox will start a procedure to fix your problems that caused by the Video Ad Skipper adware. Once, it’s finished, click the “Finish” button.
Get rid of Video Ad Skipper adware from Internet Explorer
The Internet Explorer reset is great if your internet browser is hijacked or you have unwanted add-ons or toolbars on your web-browser, that installed by an malicious software.
First, launch the Internet Explorer. Next, press the button in the form of gear (). It will display the Tools drop-down menu, press the “Internet Options” as displayed in the figure below.
In the “Internet Options” window click on the Advanced tab, then click the Reset button. The Internet Explorer will display the “Reset Internet Explorer settings” window as shown on the image below. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box, then click “Reset” button.
You will now need to restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
Remove Video Ad Skipper adware from Chrome
This step will show you how to reset Chrome browser settings to original state. This can remove Video Ad Skipper and fix some browsing issues, especially after adware software infection. It’ll save your personal information such as saved passwords, bookmarks, auto-fill data and open tabs.
Open the Chrome menu by clicking on the button in the form of three horizontal dotes (). It will display the drop-down menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions.
Carefully browse through the list of installed add-ons. If the list has the extension labeled with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following guide: Remove Google Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy otherwise, just go to the step below.
Open the Chrome main menu again, press to “Settings” option.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Advanced” link. Now scroll down until the Reset settings section is visible, as shown below and click the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
Confirm your action, click the “Reset” button.
Automatic Removal of Video Ad Skipper
The manual guide above is tedious to follow and can not always help to completely remove the Video Ad Skipper adware. Here I am telling you an automatic way to delete this adware software from your PC fully. Zemana Anti-Malware, MalwareBytes and Hitman Pro are anti malware utilities that can be used to detect and get rid of all kinds of malware.
Use Zemana Anti-Malware to remove Video Ad Skipper
Zemana AntiMalware is one of the best in its class, it can scan for and remove a large number of of different security threats, including adware, browser hijackers, spyware and trojans that masqueraded as legitimate system applications. Also Zemana Anti-Malware includes another tool called FRST – is a helpful program for manual removal of files and parts of the Windows registry created by malware.
Download Zemana from the link below.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
After the download is finished, close all software and windows on your personal computer. Double-click the install file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup. If the “User Account Control” dialog box pops up as shown on the image below, click the “Yes” button.
It will open the “Setup wizard” which will help you setup Zemana on your PC. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once setup is finished successfully, Zemana AntiMalware will automatically start and you can see its main screen as displayed below.
Now click the “Scan” button to begin checking your personal computer for the Video Ad Skipper adware. A scan can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the number of files on your device and the speed of your device. When a threat is detected, the count of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the checking is complete.
When Zemana AntiMalware has completed scanning, Zemana AntiMalware will show you the results. Make sure all threats have ‘checkmark’ and click “Next” button. The Zemana will delete Video Ad Skipper adware. After the cleaning process is done, you may be prompted to reboot the computer.
Delete Video Ad Skipper adware from web browsers with Hitman Pro
HitmanPro is a free removal tool that can be downloaded and use to delete Video Ad Skipper adware, hijackers, malware, potentially unwanted apps, toolbars and other threats from your device. You can run this utility to detect threats even if you have an antivirus or any other security program.
- Visit the following page to download HitmanPro. Save it on your Desktop.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- Once the download is done, double click the Hitman Pro icon. Once this utility is launched, click “Next” button to perform a system scan with this utility for the Video Ad Skipper adware. Depending on your device, the scan can take anywhere from a few minutes to close to an hour. When a malicious software, adware software or potentially unwanted programs are found, the number of the security threats will change accordingly.
- Once Hitman Pro has completed scanning your PC system, it will show the Scan Results. All detected threats will be marked. You can remove them all by simply click “Next” button. Now click the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to delete all malicious software found.
How to get rid of Video Ad Skipper with MalwareBytes AntiMalware
You can delete Video Ad Skipper adware automatically with a help of MalwareBytes Anti-Malware. We advise this free malicious software removal tool because it can easily get rid of hijackers, adware software, potentially unwanted programs and toolbars with all their components such as files, folders and registry entries.
- Installing the MalwareBytes is simple. First you will need to download MalwareBytes AntiMalware from the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web-browser will display the “Save as” dialog box. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- Once downloading is done, please close all software and open windows on your computer. Double-click on the icon that’s called MBSetup.
- This will start the Setup wizard of MalwareBytes AntiMalware onto your PC system. Follow the prompts and don’t make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the MalwareBytes Anti-Malware will run and display the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this tool for the Video Ad Skipper adware. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your device. While the MalwareBytes Anti-Malware utility is checking, you can see number of objects it has identified as being infected by malware.
- As the scanning ends, MalwareBytes will display a list of all items detected by the scan.
- Once you have selected what you wish to delete from your computer click the “Quarantine” button. When the cleaning process is finished, you may be prompted to reboot the personal computer.
- Close the AntiMalware and continue with the next step.
Video instruction, which reveals in detail the steps above.
How to stay safe online
By installing an ad-blocking program such as AdGuard, you are able to block malicious websites, stop autoplaying video ads and remove lots of distracting and unwanted ads on web pages.
- AdGuard can be downloaded from the following link. Save it directly to your Microsoft Windows Desktop.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After downloading it, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- After the install is complete, click “Skip” to close the setup program and use the default settings, or click “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial which will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you run your personal computer, AdGuard will run automatically and stop unwanted advertisements, block malicious and misleading web pages. For an overview of all the features of the application, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon called AdGuard, which can be found on your desktop.
We suggest that you keep AdGuard (to help you block unwanted ads and unwanted malicious web pages) and Zemana (to periodically scan your device for new malware, hijackers and adware software). Make sure that you have all the Critical Updates recommended for MS Windows operating system. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new browser hijackers, malicious programs and adware are released.
If you are still having problems while trying to remove Video Ad Skipper adware from your browser, then ask for help here.