What is Rainbow Blocker
Rainbow Blocker is supposed to be a browser extension that will improve the browsing experience (block malicious websites, stop unwanted ads), but according to security experts, this extension acts as Adware. Adware’s basic purpose is to display ads. These advertisements are often presented as sponsored links, unclosable windows or different offers and deals. Clicks on the ads produce a monetary payoff for the software producers. Adware can work like Spyware, since it sends privacy information such as searches and trends to advertisers.
The worst is, the adware can collect sensitive information, including:
- IP addresses;
- URLs visited;
- search queries/terms;
- clicks on links and ads;
- browser version information.
If you are unfortunate have adware or malware running on your computer, you can follow the guide here to delete Rainbow Blocker from your computer and browser.
How does Rainbow Blocker get on your personal computer
Most of unwanted ads and pop ups come from internet browser toolbars and/or plugins, BHOs (browser helper objects) and bundled applications. In most cases, these items claim itself as programs that improve your experience on the Web by providing a fast and interactive start page or a search engine that does not track you. Remember, how to avoid the unwanted programs. Be cautious, launch only reputable software which download from reputable sources. NEVER install any unknown and suspicious programs.
|Type||adware, PUP (potentially unwanted program), pop up virus, pop-ups, popup ads|
|Removal||Rainbow Blocker removal guide|
How to remove Rainbow Blocker adware (removal tutorial)
Rainbow Blocker in Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome and Microsoft Internet Explorer can be permanently removed by removing unwanted software, resetting the browser to its original settings, and reversing any changes to the computer by adware. Free removal utilities which listed below can help in removing adware that displays constant pop-ups and intrusive adverts.
To remove Rainbow Blocker, complete the steps below:
- How to get rid of Rainbow Blocker adware without any software
- Automatic Removal of Rainbow Blocker adware
- How to stay safe online
How to get rid of Rainbow Blocker adware without any software
Looking for a way to delete Rainbow Blocker manually without installing any tools? Then this section of the article is just for you. Below are some simple steps you can take. Performing these steps requires basic knowledge of web-browser and Microsoft Windows setup. If you are not sure that you can follow them, it is better to use free tools listed below that can help you remove adware software.
Uninstall potentially unwanted programs using Windows Control Panel
Some applications are free only because their setup package contains an adware. This unwanted apps generates profit for the authors when it is installed. More often this adware software can be removed by simply uninstalling it from the ‘Uninstall a Program’ that is located in MS Windows control panel.
Make sure you have closed all web-browsers and other programs. Next, remove any undesired and suspicious software from your Control panel.
Windows 10, 8.1, 8
Now, click the Windows button, type “Control panel” in search and press Enter. Select “Programs and Features”, then “Uninstall a program”.
Look around the entire list of programs installed on your computer. Most probably, one of them is the Rainbow Blocker adware. Select the dubious program or the program that name is not familiar to you and remove it.
Windows Vista, 7
From the “Start” menu in Microsoft Windows, select “Control Panel”. Under the “Programs” icon, select “Uninstall a program”.
Choose the suspicious or any unknown software, then click “Uninstall/Change” button to delete this unwanted application from your device.
Click the “Start” button, select “Control Panel” option. Click on “Add/Remove Programs”.
Select an unwanted program, then press “Change/Remove” button. Follow the prompts.
Remove Rainbow Blocker adware from Microsoft Internet Explorer
By resetting Internet Explorer web browser you revert back your web browser settings to its default state. This is good initial when troubleshooting problems that might have been caused by Rainbow Blocker adware.
First, launch the Internet Explorer, click ) button. Next, click “Internet Options” as shown in the figure below.
In the “Internet Options” screen select the Advanced tab. Next, click Reset button. The Internet Explorer will show the Reset Internet Explorer settings dialog box. Select the “Delete personal settings” check box and click Reset button.
You will now need to reboot your computer for the changes to take effect. It will remove Rainbow Blocker adware, disable malicious and ad-supported web-browser’s extensions and restore the IE’s settings like new tab, search engine and homepage to default state.
Remove Rainbow Blocker adware from Mozilla Firefox
The Mozilla Firefox reset will remove unwanted ads, fix modified preferences, disable malicious extensions and restore security settings changed by adware. It’ll keep your personal information such as browsing history, bookmarks, passwords and web form auto-fill data.
Start the Firefox and click the menu button (it looks like three stacked lines) at the top right of the web browser screen. Next, press the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It will display the slide-out menu.
Select the “Troubleshooting information”. If you’re unable to access the Help menu, then type “about:support” in your address bar and press Enter. It bring up the “Troubleshooting Information” page like below.
Click the “Refresh Firefox” button at the top right of the Troubleshooting Information page. Select “Refresh Firefox” in the confirmation dialog box. The Mozilla Firefox will start a process to fix your problems that caused by the Rainbow Blocker adware. After, it’s finished, press the “Finish” button.
Remove Rainbow Blocker adware from Google Chrome
The adware software can modify your Google Chrome settings without your knowledge. You may see an unwanted web site as your search provider or start page, additional extensions and toolbars. Reset Chrome internet browser will help you to remove Rainbow Blocker and reset the unwanted changes caused by adware software. When using the reset feature, your personal information like passwords, bookmarks, browsing history and web form auto-fill data will be saved.
First launch the Google Chrome. Next, click the button in the form of three horizontal dots ().
It will display the Chrome menu. Choose More Tools, then click Extensions. Carefully browse through the list of installed add-ons. If the list has the extension signed with “Installed by enterprise policy” or “Installed by your administrator”, then complete the following instructions: Remove Chrome extensions installed by enterprise policy.
Open the Chrome menu once again. Further, press the option named “Settings”.
The web browser will open the settings screen. Another method to display the Google Chrome’s settings – type chrome://settings in the browser adress bar and press Enter
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the “Advanced” link. Now scroll down until the “Reset” section is visible, as displayed on the image below and press the “Reset settings to their original defaults” button.
The Google Chrome will display the confirmation dialog box as shown on the screen below.
You need to confirm your action, press the “Reset” button. The web browser will launch the task of cleaning. Once it is done, the browser’s settings including new tab, search provider and home page back to the values that have been when the Chrome was first installed on your computer.
Automatic Removal of Rainbow Blocker adware
Is your MS Windows personal computer affected by adware? Then do not worry, in the following tutorial, we are sharing best malicious software removal tools which can remove adware software from the IE, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Edge and your computer.
How to get rid of Rainbow Blocker adware with Zemana Anti-Malware
Does Zemana Anti-Malware delete Rainbow Blocker ? The adware is often installed with malicious software that can force you to install an application such as keyloggers you don’t want. Therefore, suggest using the Zemana Anti-Malware. It is a tool designed to scan and remove adware software and other malicious software from your PC system for free.
- Click the link below to download the latest version of Zemana AntiMalware for MS Windows. Save it directly to your Microsoft Windows Desktop.
Author: Zemana Ltd
Category: Security tools
Update: July 16, 2019
- At the download page, click on the Download button. Your web browser will open the “Save as” prompt. Please save it onto your Windows desktop.
- Once the downloading process is done, please close all apps and open windows on your computer. Next, start a file named Zemana.AntiMalware.Setup.
- This will launch the “Setup wizard” of Zemana AntiMalware onto your PC. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When the Setup wizard has finished installing, the Zemana AntiMalware will open and display the main window.
- Further, click the “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this utility for the Rainbow Blocker adware software. A system scan may take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your device. When a malware, adware or PUPs are detected, the number of the security threats will change accordingly. Wait until the the scanning is complete.
- After the system scan is done, it will display the Scan Results.
- Review the scan results and then click the “Next” button. The tool will remove Rainbow Blocker adware and move the selected items to the Quarantine. When that process is done, you may be prompted to reboot the computer.
- Close the Zemana and continue with the next step.
Use Hitman Pro to remove Rainbow Blocker
HitmanPro is one of the most useful utilities for deleting adware, potentially unwanted programs and other malware. It can find hidden adware software in your device and remove all harmful folders and files linked to adware software. Hitman Pro will help you to remove Rainbow Blocker adware from your computer and IE, Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Edge. We strongly advise you to download this utility as the creators are working hard to make it better.
- First, please go to the link below, then click the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of HitmanPro.
Category: Security tools
Update: June 28, 2018
- When the downloading process is finished, double click the HitmanPro icon. Once this utility is started, click “Next” button . Hitman Pro application will scan through the whole PC system for the Rainbow Blocker adware. A system scan can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, depending on your PC system. When a threat is found, the number of the security threats will change accordingly.
- Once the scan is finished, you can check all threats detected on your personal computer. Review the scan results and then click “Next” button. Now click the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial to remove all malicious software found.
Run MalwareBytes Anti-Malware to delete Rainbow Blocker adware
If you’re having problems with Rainbow Blocker removal, then check out MalwareBytes. This is a tool that can help clean up your PC and improve your speeds for free. Find out more below.
Download MalwareBytes on your device by clicking on the link below.
Category: Security tools
Update: April 15, 2020
When the downloading process is finished, close all apps and windows on your device. Double-click the install file called MBSetup. If the “User Account Control” dialog box pops up as shown below, click the “Yes” button.
It will open the Setup wizard which will help you install MalwareBytes Anti-Malware on your PC. Follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
Once install is done successfully, click “Get Started” button. MalwareBytes Anti-Malware will automatically start and you can see its main screen as displayed on the image below.
Now press the “Scan” button to perform a system scan with this tool for the Rainbow Blocker adware. This procedure can take quite a while, so please be patient. While the MalwareBytes Anti-Malware tool is checking, you can see how many objects it has identified as being infected by malicious software.
After the scan get finished, it will show the Scan Results. Next, you need to click “Quarantine” button. The MalwareBytes AntiMalware will get rid of Rainbow Blocker adware. Once disinfection is finished, you may be prompted to restart the personal computer.
We suggest you look at the following video, which completely explains the process of using the MalwareBytes to delete adware, browser hijacker and other malware.
How to stay safe online
To put it simply, you need to use an ad-blocker utility (AdGuard, for example). It will block and protect you from malicious web-sites, unwanted advertisements and popups. To be able to do that, the ad blocker program uses a list of filters. Each filter is a rule that describes a malicious webpage, an advertising content, a banner and others. The ad blocking application automatically uses these filters, depending on the web-sites you’re visiting.
- First, please go to the following link, then click the ‘Download’ button in order to download the latest version of AdGuard.
Author: © Adguard
Category: Security tools
Update: November 15, 2018
- After downloading it, start the downloaded file. You will see the “Setup Wizard” program window. Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is finished, click “Skip” to close the setup program and use the default settings, or press “Get Started” to see an quick tutorial that will assist you get to know AdGuard better.
- In most cases, the default settings are enough and you do not need to change anything. Each time, when you run your computer, AdGuard will launch automatically and stop unwanted advertisements, block Rainbow Blocker redirects, as well as other harmful or misleading web sites. For an overview of all the features of the program, or to change its settings you can simply double-click on the icon called AdGuard, which may be found on your desktop.
To sum up
We suggest that you keep Zemana AntiMalware (to periodically scan your computer for new adwares and other malicious software) and AdGuard (to help you stop intrusive pop ups and malicious web-pages). Moreover, to prevent any adware, please stay clear of unknown and third party programs, make sure that your antivirus program, turn on the option to locate potentially unwanted applications.
If you need more help with Rainbow Blocker related issues, go to here.